Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (60607 Views)

Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
shalomp:
undecided

You are a women hater if not why can't you explain to the boys that the ladies where there before them. instead you kept quite without saying the truth you know, which would have save the day. You must be a very nice person undecided

You are a women hater if not why can't you explain to the boys that the ladies where there before them. instead you kept quite without saying the truth you know, which would have save the day. You must be a very nice person....tueh

Is u that is a bitter femininst, men hater and misandrist! U hate men so much, is that y u fail to see this is not how public occasion or functions go! Lemme ask u, when u go to wedding or burial and u sat down in one chair and then all of a sudden u get a call and rush home and then u drive back to the wedding and u go to the sit and someone else is sitting there! Do u tell the person to stand up, that it is ur seat? Did they write ur name on d seat or was the seat reserved for u? Are other people not relatives to the wedding couples or are u that special, if u re that special y didn't u ask them to reserve a seat 4 u or write ur name on d seat? Being a man hater won't get u any where in life, at every point u would av to deal with a man, the earlier u learn to drop ur bitterness towards men in ur toilets, d earlier u would be respected in the society cos u re not! Just negodu! A mushin girl talking to a VI boy!

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Amudeneogu: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Even in the bible gender are not equal. Some women equally maltreated some men but the difference is that men are not complaing always like women do but they are suffering in the hands of women.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Raymeskey: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
Entitlement mentality have drained the senses of most ladies, if not they wouldn't have claimed the ownership of those seats.
Now they are clamoring for gender equality and at the same time they want you to overlook their actions.
The whole thing about this gender equality is nonsense.
Men will even have more advantage when it is initiated
No one will call you to kill a rat or snake, fix a socket or to be a perfect gentlemen. Relationship will be easy going and they will be free to woo guys without being ashamed.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Omoba41(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
OP, the campaign of gender equality is understandable.
Obviously as human we clamour for what we don't posses or may not even have.
Women are agitating for the position of male which they cannot acquire.
They want equality in the house when it comes to chores, but paying of bills you wouldn't hear them sneeze.
They have hijacked the role of men in Christendom.
A woman can comfortably wear a man's clothing, because they envy the position of a man, when a man does that.....he's mad.
Gender equality is man-made, God the creator had outlined the position of both genders, He called women the weaker vessels, a feminine one.
The only way a child protest is by crying that's what the female folks are doing in the name of gender equality.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Elvis778(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Whenever a lady tries to get violent with you as a guy, the best thing to do is to walk away from the heat of the moment.
and if she drags u back and refuses to let go of you/your clothes?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by owoshuyi(m): 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2020
My own contributete be say YOU WOULD HAVE NOT ALLOWED THIS FIGHT BY JUST TELLING THE BOYS THAT THE GIRLS WERE OF A TRUTH SITTING THERE BEFORE THEY CAME
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
klassnic:
The rules of engagement forbids a soldier from using force against an unarmed civilian. Now when, that civilian is armed, it makes no difference if he/she is a 11 or 90 years old, it becomes legitimate to deploy deadly force to neutralise the threat.
Once you start trading slaps or blows as a lady you have changed the rules of engagement. You are no longer seen as a lady you are an enemy combatant and a threat that needs to be neutralised for self-defense. Never use violence against a Lady but real ladies are never the aggressors.

Kk
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
Oladayo12:
The guy is wrong, nothing i reapeat nothing whatsoever warrant you to raise a hand on a woman. if you do such to your wife then let it end at the four corner of your house

Will u shut up!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by kurlz(f): 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
purpinkx:

A woman should never incite violence if she can't bear the backlash.

I don't go to challenge a taekwondo fighter to a fight when I don't have a chance of beating him or can't bear the beating he'll dish.

Shey the guy should have just stood there smiling, until she breaks a bottle and stab him?

The woman's emotions drove her to slap the guy, at that point she automatically becomes a man too.

USA slap China, China revenge. No harsh feelings

Modified for errors

As in hen, I'm telling you.

Why should a woman be violent for pete's sake?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by kurlz(f): 6:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Whenever a lady tries to get violent with you as a guy, the best thing to do is to walk away from the heat of the moment.

Hold her hand tight for minites. And shake her rigorously warning her never to try it in again in her entire life.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nooil:

Yes, it's DOA and it's better for everyone. What the girls did was terrible. But after emptying the juice on her, what happened to hold her down with his hands rather than slapping and blowing her. What if she collapsed and died? We should all learn self control. Put your reputation first. Look at how they were thrown out of the wedding like dogs. Something they could have avoided.

I've experienced a similar situation during my nysc where a female teacher asked me to stand up from a chair that she was formerly sitting. She was rude about it too. Looking at her physically, I knew I could beat the shit out of her. But to what end? It was a school, the children were there, the teachers were there. I couldn't portray such bad behavior. What did I do, I talked to her calmly? I told her I'm sorry for sitting on her seat, and that I'm busy right now, she should give me some time. She smiled and said ok. She went and looked for another seat.

This same lady fought with the proprietor some months later, and guess what, one of the corpers was advising the proprietor and sited what happened between me and the girl in the past and how I did not retaliate. I was used as a good example.

See, you need to learn the act of mediation. Life is not all about war. Know when to jaw to get the best out of life. Don't deprive yourself of good things because you don't want to be seen as a simp. People are watching.

Look at this guy telling the story, why didn't he intervene? He just sat there watching. If that guy had hit that girl in a spot and she died, he would still stupidly come and tell us the sad story.

If those guys had not acted indifferently and had just spoken calmly to the girls, they would have found another seat. Everyone would have enjoyed the wedding. People need to learn how to be the bigger person. However, humility is not for the weak.

As long as you concur with me that feminism is DOA in Africa, I don't have any more problems

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
owoshuyi:
My own contributete be say YOU WOULD HAVE NOT ALLOWED THIS FIGHT BY JUST TELLING THE BOYS THAT THE GIRLS WERE OF A TRUTH SITTING THERE BEFORE THEY CAME

Will u shut up! What if op wasn't there? Wat if nobody actually knows they were the first to sit down there, don't bend d situation to fit ur false dying imagination of feminism! The best thing a normal living human being should have done was to look 4 anoda chair, report to the man in charge of d wedding or ushers or simply explain to them that u were actually there, I tell u if they had done any of this 3 things this wouldn't have escalated! OK lemme ask u, wat would those girls have done if it were girls that took over their chairs when they came back? Bet me, they would laugh it off and look 4 anoda sit or a fight would still start which is very rare cos feminist girls are plain hypocrites and evil minded snakes!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by gracevile: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Real men, gentleman, romantic man, responsible man are manipulative terms women use to make bend their principles and become utilities. If she wants to die, let her die we will judge the case in court or out of court. Nonesense
who has manipulated this man no vex oh but still learn to walk away there is no harm there like seriously , once u smell issues walk AWAY
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by gracevile: 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Meeyankee:

But she didn’t think about this too?
my dear there are all kinds of people in this world. Just try n live right
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
Mumu
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by 30naira: 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
Baldwretch:

Nobody called you out on it but I certainly will. I particularly enjoyed your concorted bullshit story though, but it seems you are anti-justice and anti setting-things-right.

While I wouldn't say it is up for debate if they have to give up their seats for leaving, it seems you are not really for justice too.

Why do I say this? You witnessed the fracas and you were silent when the heat was on knowing full well that the men weren't around when the females left so they couldn't possibly agree that XYZ is the rightful occupant of the seats because they never met anyone there and no one witnessed for them.

Only became vocal when it seems the males are being persecuted in the fracas. You no do well. You could have prevented what happened since you were there all through. Again, you no do well.

While I feel the lady got what she deserves (you don't raise your hands gighting someone physically stronger than you), I feel you didn't do the barest minimum.

Aa

I kept quiet because the ladies have no right to the seats anymore. You cannot leave a seat vacant for 30 minutes , and return to claim ownership! No item on it to signify it is occupied. It doesn't work like that. So if you ate launch at a restaurant, and returned for supper, can you tell the person sitting on your last seat that you got there first?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Oladayo12(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
Heathrow44:

Will u shut up!
Yes sir
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MrMacinterchi1: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
You're already doing what you said you don't want to do.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

As long as you concur with me that feminism is DOA in Africa, I don't have any more problems

Smh... You need salvation, and fast too. You need to be saved from yourself before it destroys you.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Alexaonfleek: 6:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
Liposure:
lol this matter ehn
Swears wetin persin go talk?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by legionISproteus: 6:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Something is wrong with you
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by owoshuyi(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
Guy small small na grin grin. I'm not even in support of be it feminism and malenism, I'm just saying maybe things wouldn't have escalated to that extent if the OP simply said something to avoid what happened.

Heathrow44:

Will u shut up! What if op wasn't there? Wat if nobody actually knows they were the first to sit down there, don't bend d situation to fit ur false dying imagination of feminism! The best thing a normal living human being should have done was to look 4 anoda chair, report to the man in charge of d wedding or ushers or simply explain to them that u were actually there, I tell u if they had done any of this 3 things this wouldn't have escalated! OK lemme ask u, wat would those girls have done if it were girls that took over their chairs when they came back? Bet me, they would laugh it off and look 4 anoda sit or a fight would still start which is very rare cos feminist girls are plain hypocrites and evil minded snakes!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by legionISproteus: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Walkaway from any and every potential confrontation with a lady.
This is the kind of post written by woman-wrapper men
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by CrystalMax: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Before we could rush down, the girl had a bleeding nose and a red swollen face.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Do you want equality or not?
Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.
God bless you for standing on the right side.
Women don't know what they want.
They want to be treated equally as a man and at the same time want to be pampered like a girl.

If any lady wants to play feminism with me, I'd gladly support and respect her for that as long as she's ready to bear the consequence.
You should not want to sit with me like a king and at the same time want me to treating you like egg.

The guys might not even know the girls were sitting there before then o. God go save men!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by legionISproteus: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
bigpicture001:

Plz say where u stand and stop deceptive statements...

I ask again.. Where do u stand on this..?
He's an idíot. They make no stand.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by LaReinaa(f): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
This story is very fake na

Where is the video of the fight
Not even a single person took out his/her phone to cover the entire fight in a crowded wedding
Even instablog9ja would have carried it if it actually happened..

Another cooked up story just to attack ladies as usual..
Is being female In Nigeria a crime to Nigerian men

So much hate on the female gender on this forum..

So sad angry
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by bizzibodi(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
It is a misconception to think that women are weaker sex,women of today are not trained to respect men,see how lack of home training make them turn somebody most important event to brothel brawl..even as a man I can't pour juice on a man,b4 I choose a fight a with a man i have to compare our muscles & weight d risk of fighting him,he could main me to say d least & I could main him or even killed him.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by legionISproteus: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
The girls were at fault. I'm not going to take their side b/c they're females. They were 100% in the wrong.

1. Them leaving their seats made them available to anyone else, which is what happens in public settings involving seatings. Unless their names were on the chairs, they should've accepted that the seats were no longer theirs once they got up.

2. The physical assault [which is what it is] was started by one of them who threw juice on his face. I don't blame him for retaliating by pouring a can of whatever on her b/c anyone would've done the same thing in that moment. In fact, another dude would've likely hit her after this but he simply did the same thing she did to him, which I'm not going to blame him for at all.

3. The physical assault was further continued by her when she grabbed him and tore his skin w/ her nails, which again, made him retaliate and which I can't blame him for b/c she had gone too far.

Clearly, the girls felt somewhat entitled and Idk why. They were wrong on all three counts.

Finally, a female with more than two brain cells. I hope you're not a guy hiding behind the "f"
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Liposure: 6:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Swears wetin persin go talk?
at least, its a lesson for us all. Once bitten twice shy
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
owoshuyi:
Guy small small na grin grin. I'm not even in support of be it feminism and malenism, I'm just saying maybe things wouldn't have escalated to that extent if the OP simply said something to avoid what happened.

grin, whose side are u on, u just sitting on d fence, I will use garden fork and chok that ur ass that's resting on d fence!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by legionISproteus: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
AfroKnight:
I’m glad more people are beginning to recognise the FEMALE PRIVILEGE these women have always enjoyed in the guise of being the weaker (or fairer) sex.

That guy needs to be applauded for choosing to pour juice on the idîot of a woman instead of landing her a well deserved slap. He waited until she assaulted him before returning the favour.

Anyway, society has been manipulated into expecting simp behaviour from men. I am not surprised that those other male guests were flexing useless muscles because of a stûpid damsel in distress.

One thing is sure.

She would never in her life raise her hand at any man without counting the cost. I still don’t understand why women would harm a man and be surprised or outraged when he retaliates. I mean! It should be expected. There is an equal and opposite reaction for every action.

Women should pick a struggle. Equal responsibilities or the present preferential treatment they enjoy because of chivalry.
I owe every man on this planet the obligation to deal with silly women like the ones in this story. I have numerous encounters, some ended well, others didn't, but I can assure you, NONE of those females would ever challenge any boy/man in public for the rest of their lives

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Alexaonfleek: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Liposure:
at least, its a lesson for us all.
Lol yeah.
Moral lesson;Behave yourself in public irrespective of gender.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Baby Snake Found Inside A Chair At A Relaxation Center / Meet Your Favourite Nairalander (New Thread) / Ghanaian Female Soldiers Pose With A Python In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.