Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality - Nairaland / General (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (60432 Views)

Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ghettochild(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
nexta007:
Frankly, I don't support violence of any kind. I don't also condone taking advantage of one's gender (particularly being female) to win cheap points and sympathy. If your narrative is true, then it's unfortunate. All this feminism rubbish with the advent of social media and a collapsing foundation of true Value, I don't see a way out yet. Our parents have failed woefully. If our parents'focused more on raising balanced kids who knw their place and worth and are disciplined, we won't have such issues. Well, let the gentleman always be it. Seek ways to ward off such ladies without a physical confrontation.
Haa until dem go knack u pako for head
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MrColdsweat: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
As a man, once a woman hits you, she ceases to be a woman. She's now an opponent that must be defeated.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Dalil8: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

You hit me, i'll hit you back ×5. Don't care if you're a day old baby.

It's called self defense.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
The truth is the guys were wrong. If a white woman had left here seat and come back the guys would have respectfully stood up. They won't do that for the ladies here because they see them as black.

WAIT! what i'm saying is the guys should have behaved like gentlemen towards the ladies (who knows what good things would have come out of it). They could have just said I didn't anyone was sitting here and the ladies might have said sorry we didn't leave anything here or that person over there saw us leave for a brief moment.

Slapping the lady is not manliness. You get no points for that. It just shows how lowly we see our women which is what women are fighting against.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Dalil8: 4:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:
As a man, once a woman hits you, she ceases to be a woman. She's now an opponent that must be defeated.

Seconded.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by UKBobo(m): 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
How it would work in better societies, is that you would have intervened and told the guys that they are sitting in the women's seats as they left an hour ago. The men would have got up and left. There would have been no incident.

Because you are believer in 'nothing consign me', you did not get involved and then turned into Achebe to write gender epistle gone wrong. Naija I hail una!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MrColdsweat: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
Iyajelili:
I don't care about stupid gender equality but you're bitter towards women and your write up reeks of hate and disgust to the female gender. You should face the lady that turned you to a bitter soul at OP.

This is part of the reasons why women were locked in the kitchen while men handled the affairs of the state.

Women are almost illogical.

Please point the parts of the post that reeks of hate and bitterness.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MahatmaGhandi: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.

If anybody lays hand on you by all means lay hands on the person.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Amyyy2020: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
So u sat down and watched all this play out??

Nawa oo

Btw; those who resort to physical blows to resolve their conflict are the weakest in character undecided
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Before we could rush down, the girl had a bleeding nose and a red swollen face.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Do you want equality or not?
Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Dalil8: 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
thotsofnaij:
The truth is the guys were wrong. If a white woman had left here seat and come back the guys would have respectfully stood up. They won't do that for the ladies here because they see them as black.

WAIT! what i'm saying is the guys should have behaved like gentlemen towards the ladies (who knows what good things would have come out of it). They could have just said I didn't anyone was sitting here and the ladies might have said sorry we didn't leave anything here or that person over there saw us leave for a brief moment.

Slapping the lady is not manliness. You get no points for that. It just shows how lowly we see our women which is what women are fighting against.

Until you get stabbed to death by your so called "ladies" then maybe you'll come back to your senses in your grave.

I so much love seeing Simps like you being dealt with by women. You always learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ademasta(m): 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
Malaymoney:

hoew does these answer the question OP ask
Then go ahead and answer, why mentioning me
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
bawajghai:
the thing is he's not a man. He's a boy

You're not the bench mark or standard for determining who a MAN is. He's a Real man in my own opinion and you're a bloody simp...

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Emanodimo(m): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
bigpicture001:

Plz say where u stand and stop deceptive statements...

I ask again.. Where do u stand on this..?

Sincerely, that guy u quoted is not thinking right. Emotionally derailed.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by pocohantas(f): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Condemn those women or shut the fvck up.

Like I said, “they are all mad”. The women and the men. No exceptions. Now you shut up! grin
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by abdullahi45: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
xperiencelove:
That is women my brother. They claim gender equality when the situation suits them and play the weaker being to gather sympathy when they have messed up. Even house wives are worse.

A woman shouldn't be given a special privilege because of her sex, neither should she be requested to adjust to prejudice and discrimination - Betty Friedan

Quite bias how women want to be treated both equally and differently!
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Tonymario58: 4:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
Why?
Even in self defense?
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Susily(m): 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
thotsofnaij:

See how you condemned the guys without condemning the lady that PHYSICALLY ASSAULTED him first. You have to be balanced in your criticism and not one-sided

The guy acted in self-defense

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 4:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
UKBobo:
How it would work in better societies, is that you would have intervened and told the guys that they are sitting in the women's seats as they left an hour ago. The men would have got up and left. There would have been no incident.

Because you are believer in 'nothing consign me', you did not get involved and then turned into Achebe to write gender epistle gone wrong. Naija I hail una!

How it happens in saner climes is that the ladies would have approached the host or an usher to help them secure their seats. Or get the hell out of the party and get a new chair when they return. The narrator in question owes nobody any explanations
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ModestGal(f): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
I blame the ladies as well

I hate people that raise hands on anything (men, women, children) for no reason.
They are potential murderers

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MrColdsweat: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2020
pocohantas:

Like I said, “they are all mad”. The women and the men. No exceptions. Now you shut up! grin

Dishwasher.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
ubunja:
nockmedia is right. A Woman's power, socially, lies in the men willing to fight on her behalf. Unless you're prepared to fight her AND the betas and simps eager to die for her, just let it go.

Mastery of Emotions is key to survival. When you cant be provoked you can't be controlled.

Ubunja you're wrong on this one. I nor gree at all

We need to change that nonesense perception

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Denissy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Womeen are now using this Gender inequality thing to oppress men
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I read through page one and saw that only one lady commented. Can you see their hypocrisy?
Lool
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by MahatmaGhandi: 4:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
thotsofnaij:

This is unfair. Unless otherwise stated public seats don't usually come with name tags. If I leave my seat without informing anyone about it and fail to leave a sign that my exit is temporary, anyone can take the seat and I would lose my right to that seat.
Most times people just want to be manipulative. I have been in situations where I sat on a lady's unmarked seat and was asked to leave the seat and I did, i have also had a lady occupy my seat and promised to get up when I came back, this lady refused to get up and dared me to do my worst. I walked away and got another seat (there is nothing gentlemanly about leaving the seat for her, on a good day i would drag her from the seat) In truth i have experienced this position with men and women, a trouble maker is a trouble maker wether man or woman.
My point here is that the goal posts of fairness and justice must remain fixed and should not be shifted irrespective of gender.

On the aspect of hitting people, my principle is simple, lay hands on anyone that lays hand on you. No gender has the monopoly of violence.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by adolf444: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
ademasta:
Hmmm undecided

Just consider yourself fighting with Yusuf Buhari, whether you are right or not, you will be dealt with by strong forces. That's how it plays out usually.

However, women are weaker vessels, no matter what transpires between you both, it will be perceived as if you are intentionally using naked powers on them. They will surely be listened to.

Have you considered great men that were thoroughly dealt with by women? Just because the man has bluntly refused her sex, probably in the office, and the next thing the woman would do is tear her own clothes to project rape. On this, never expect the man to be listened to. Both men and women will gather to condemn him.

The point is, women are stronger. Take it and be a man, or you leave it and be dealt with.

It is because of comments like yours that gives a woman the ordacity to slap a man twice and claiming she's angry and it is perceived as defending herself by people even when she initiated the first attack. Continue pushing your narrative. You're doing well.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by pocohantas(f): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
UKBobo:

Finally someone that has sense. I see no gender equality here. All I see is poorly behaved people. He waited for it to escalate, so that he can come create gender equality thread on NL.

Social media has really helped this generation. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by ubunja(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Ubunja you're wrong on this one. I nor gree at all

We need to change that nonesense perception
focus on getting pussy not ruling the world. Betas and women already rule the world.

If you think I'm wrong, You can always punch back a woman in public and see how that will work out for you. It's not a matter of right or wrong. It's about the fact that 80% of men will not take kindly to seeing a woman cry, no matter she's wrong or right.
It's better you track her down later and revenge.

Use your heads gents. The world has been simpified. We say it all the time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
thotsofnaij:

You are just talking in the rubbish grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nyamuriflathead: 4:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You care too much about what others think of you. It is okay to be self-aware but the right thing to do is to avoid a retaliation or an escalation of the drama, and report her to a higher authority. You can go to the police station and make a complaint.

Guy ur Mumu na PAN... So he for go police station because of say one woman turn drink for e body .. u be goat

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Liposure: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Any woman that hides under the canopy of gender equality and feminism to foment trouble is a big fool
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Hotice085: 4:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

sometimes it is easier said than done

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) / See The Python I Killed In My Street This Morning / Is This Sitting Position Feminine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.