Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality (60402 Views)

Give Away For 10 People Affected By Covid-19 / My Experience At NIMC Enrollment Centre, Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri. / Gender Equality: An Important Economic Rationale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by shgenius123: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
What should the guys do next time such incident happens? shocked
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by toprealman: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Before we could rush down, the girl had a bleeding nose and a red swollen face.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Do you want equality or not?
Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.
Gender equality aside, everyone involved in your narrative lacks simple decorum.
The girls actually are at fault. How can you rush to a reception only to book a spot, go back to your house expect the seat to be left for you
How can you pick up a fight at someone else's wedding reception?

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by dingbang(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
cheesy wait let me call my wife Uyaiincomparabl
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by hashtagged(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
Zoie:

Numbskull. Pea-brained limp dick.

Pig

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by oluwaseyi0: 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
obowunmi:

You my friend are a MAD person. how can you advocate that a man beat up a woman ? the men should have been gentlemen and given up their seats for the women. Its only polite.

Polite kee you there

12 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
hashtagged:

Pig
Is that all you got? Pathetic pvssybrain
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by famzynet: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not trying to justify what the lady did, but never raise your hand on a lady as a man. Don't.
Did you listen to yourself? I guess you did not. Guy,chilax. You just spoke rubbish. If a lady does not respect herself and wants to show you feminism,you show her masculism. Woman wrapper!

8 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Deepthoughts: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

it's ok,may be it will be much better to raise the legs then!,if you can't take blows don't throw them simple,the guy should have given the bitch an unforgettable upper body cut blow.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Hisincrease: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
I am not moved by all these hogwash around social media and making women feel like gods.
If a lady leaves running her mouth and touches my body in any form, I may respond wrongly.

I hate rubbish and can't accommodate one.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by familier(m): 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
Na this kind thing de vex me to Hell with their Gender Equality
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by segebase(m): 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
okay
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by dangoteinlaw: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Such men that defend ladies even when she's at fault there's a name for them "pussy niggas". As a lady it's totally disrespectful to engage a man first, if the dude attacks u first i bet u will gather all support but u slapping a dude? U deserve every harm that comes ur way. Sadly this is what the society is facing but that is to weak men o coz for street thugs like us u claim to come and suppoa woman u may loose ut fone at the end of that day. Back in 2011 or 10 a lady broke a bottle on my hear and i took the bottle and stabbed her leg 3times i put the bottle and slide it. We both got to station and my dad was ready to follow the case to wherever it leads. The girls fada couldn't do anything because while they arrested me my dad also arrested her coz i have wound on my head too. So last last it was a settlement case i was just glad she only fainted. So girls especially all these oloshos because that's their lattest tactic. They won't Bleep but they will fight u coz they know there are pussy men arround that will come and start saying "pay her up so far she come ur house" abeg how much will i say. This gender inequality thing works in neighborhoods like island no come mainland try that, u will regret. I know a man who arrest his neighbor a woman, immediately they got to station the woman pretending to be crying hoping to get sympathy but as the senior officer came he just asked "woman what tribe are u ? And she said yoruba immediately the officer ordered her to be locked up, come see tears from her that night. How dare u lock a mans shirt tear it and still have the guts to slap him more.

Women are devils!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Masterclass32: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Walkaway from any and every potential confrontation with a lady.

The walking away should go both ways. A lady should also walk away from any potential confrontation with a man.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by kunyeo(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
30naira:

But ladies can raise their hands on a man?

Yes, ladies can lay their hands on men. That is the way the world rolls.
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by shalomp: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2020
undecided
30naira:
Today, I attended a wedding ceremony. At the reception, the couple tried to maintain social distancing inside the reception hall, so there were limited seats. Most of the guests were in the open field outside. I sat behind two ladies, who should be in their mid or late twenties. I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After a while, they left their seat and went out. After about 5 minutes two guys came, and sat down in the empty seats the ladies left. These guy are obviously in their early twenties.

About 30 minutes later, the two girls came back inside, I noticed that one of them has had a change of cloths. So obviously they went home and returned.

The girls demanded that the guys should leave the seat, because they got there first. It is their seat. As expected the guys bluntly refused. The girls started raising their voice and cursing. No one really cared to listen to them, the boys were busy consuming the drinks on the table.

One of the ladies got frustrated by the indifference of the boys, grabbed a glass of juice from the table and threw the content at the guy's face. The guy in turn opened the entire can, got up and started pouring it on the girl's head, ruining her make up and soaking her weavon.

Next thing we saw, the girl grabbed him by the collar with both hands, tearing at his skin with her nails. Before you could say Jack, the guy started raining down slaps on her face, she fought back too.

Now this is the part that particular offended me. Everyone that gathered round started heaping insult on the boy for beating up a girl, despite the fact that she initiated physical contact. Some women even went as far as threatening to arrest the boy. The entire narrative changed quickly. Some stupid men even tried to beat up the boys. I stood my ground and insisted that if anybody lays a finger on the boy, I ll see to it that everybody is kicked out of the reception.

It took the intervention of the officiating minister to calm the crowd. Everyone was insisting that he would pay for the girl's medical bills. Funny thing is that the guy had finger marks all over his neck. She was sobbing and attracting sympathy left and right, as if she was not the one barking like an animal moments earlier. In the end, it was the guys that were kicked out, the girls had the seat.

I get confused about this gender equality stuff, women want to be treated like men and treated differently at the same time. You can't claim equality only when it suits you. If it were two guys fighting, I'm sure they ll both be kicked out and nobody will spare a thought for the injured, there ll be no sobbing or comforting, it ll just be seen as two people disturbing the peace. But everyone is suddenly acting up to protect an equal specie, who is also the offender, and the females see nothing wrong in this inequality

Personally I respect and treat everyone equally, but if you initiate physical contact, male or female I will retaliate with the same ferocity.

You are a women hater if not why can't you explain to the boys that the ladies where there before them. instead you kept quite without saying the truth you know, which would have save the day. You must be a very nice person undecided
30naira:

You are a women hater if not why can't you explain to the boys that the ladies where there before them. instead you kept quite without saying the truth you know, which would have save the day. You must be a very nice person....tueh
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Angelfrost(m): 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
Pierce008:
True gender equality can never exist between a man and woman

Case closed!!!... Those shouting this upandan don't even know the far-reaching consequences or fallout of such agitation! Most of them are not truly ready for the real equality situation!!!

I feel everyone should know his limits. Respect is supposed to be reciprocal (Whether same or opposite genders). If everyone respects himself/herself at all times, and in all situations, we won't even be in a position to fight or bicker over such pettiness.

Bottom line, if a woman wants or demands equality or equity, she must be ready to step up in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Deepthoughts: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Walkaway from any and every potential confrontation with a lady.
That's if it's only verbal,but she dare hit me first!,men forget it, gentle men lives in the Queen's palace ok.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by hashtagged(m): 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Zoie:

Is that all you got? Pathetic pvssybrain

Pig is the only world that can be used for you

pig

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Hisincrease: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Masterclass32:

The walking away should go both ways. A lady should also walk away from any potential confrontation with a man.
Stop arguing with this Nokmedia .... Nigga is an idiot.

Any lady that gets physical with me should ensure that God is on her side, else, she will either lose an eye, some teeth, or risk heart failure.

Everybody should learn to respect themselves.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Alexaonfleek: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Hmm
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by SmartPolician: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

You don't have sense!

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Badhabitmusiq: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
May I never come across someone like you �
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Liposure: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Reading this article greatly offended me.

I always tell my male sibs to bitchslap any female that assaults them because she should be ready to receive what she dishes out.
thats my girl
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by heendrix(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
purpinkx:

BS.

Why didn't she go off and explain to the organizer of the occasion?

Maybe she would have gotten another chair?

No, she decided to humiliate the guy, and here you are saying the guy should have walked away and bear the emotional trauma for life.

He should walk away and cower whenever a woman challenges him.

He should happily accept being oppressed.

That's a pathetic life bro.

Modified.

When I was young, I'd beat my immediate elder sister, and she'll beat me back harder.

I cried to mummy and you know what she always told me?

“Don’t carry a small hand to go and beat someone with a big hand”

Only then will she tell my sister to beat me small small, to which my sister would reply “if he doesn't want to receive big, let him not beat me”

I learned to measure my opponent.

If I no go fit beat you equally or more, I won't start the attack.

If you start first, I can cry all I want and hustle beating back for you.

Ladies need to learn!

Are you minding the fool?? you shouldn't have even replied him
Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by LoveJesus87(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

stupid senseless comment. If you don't have what to say, kip quiet. Man no get right to lay hands on woman but d woman get right to lay hands on man and inflict injury, possible fatal on d man abi

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Brodagovernor(m): 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
For all saying the guy shouldn't have laid his hands on her, take another perspective of the whole issue. What if this girl has put up this kind of drama before, and she was left untouched because she's a female. She got hailed by her friends and she thought it's the way to go with everyone that steps on her toes. What if the guy's actions has helped her avert a greater humiliation in the future, provided she learnt her lesson. Not everyone has that lazy temper to condone discourteousness.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by famzynet: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
If any girl dare have the heart to slap me,I will give her double the slap. Feminism go to hell. No sensible woman will dare first raise her hand to attack a man . So if the foolish ones dare, only women wrapper men will just walk away.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by BoboNogoDie: 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Shut up!
Stop that SENSELESS mentality, it will only lead you to your grave.

When a lady slaps your mother, don't defend her. Just smile back at her because she's a lady...

RUBBISH

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by Dagger79(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2020
I always tell girls that i will never touch or beat them first, but if they just touch me even if nah small.... Only the heavens go stop me from beating the hell out of that bitch.
What nonsense angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality by benicta(f): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
NockMedia:

Neither am I trying to justify what the guy did, but never raise your hand on a guy as a lady. Don't.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Goat With Human Face In Kano, Dumped In Refuse Heap (Photos) / Man Sees Centipede On His Bed At Midnight, Gets Terrified (Photos) / Is This Sitting Position Feminine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.