Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? (41645 Views)

After NYSC, I Want To Buy Bike / Nigerian Lady Opens Her Piggy Bank, Reveals She Saved N105,000 In 2 Months. Pics / Lady Saves N64,000 In 4 Months, Shows It Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Ofunaofu: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
azadus18:
..if u get strong connection..500k can buy u a good federal job...

Getting that strong connection is the problem

4 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by March1117(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:
Am really going to be straight here. I was able to save #200,000 through a side hustle (riding okada) early last year (jan-may) while awaiting service and up to another 100k i used for service.

I abandoned the money in a fixed deposit account and moved on for nysc... During my nysc, i found my way to the secretariat which gave me chance to do small hustle. I got a factory work which was paying me 25-35k (with loads of stress and i was settling them at the secretariate with 7k). With that, i was able to save all my allowee(#310,250) except the first that was paid in camp cash.

I traveled home during the early corona virus lock down as corpers were advised to go home or any safe place and my factory work was back sliding as materials were costly in the market. >>>

Currently am done with nysc and left my work before the lock down, critically thinking of what next to do with my life. Contemplating on staying back at ogun (sango otta) where i served or going back to abia (my state) and start up fishery or piggery, or poultry, or computer center, or dry cleaning. Just lost in thought. I know how hard i worked to gather this money, i starved myself and deprived myself enjoyment, and the shame of a graduate riding okada (as my dad was financially ok before he died 2k17). I just don't want to carry two legs put for river talk say na testing..

Please help!!!! Lala abeg push to fp

Join Norland and thank me after a year.
Contact me via whatsapp on 07036503885

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by ndidigood(f): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
DontBullshitMe:

You be mad man I swear! grin grin

And you are on Tbills thread investing millions.

His God will judge you. grin
u really catcham

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by KosiGee(m): 3:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:
how real is it... I need something i can hustle for, not online stuff

Whatever you do, PLEASE avoid any MMM/Ponzi like schemes.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by phr33man(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:
Am really going to be straight here. I was able to save #200,000 through a side hustle (riding okada) early last year (jan-may) while awaiting service and up to another 100k i used for service.

I abandoned the money in a fixed deposit account and moved on for nysc... During my nysc, i found my way to the secretariat which gave me chance to do small hustle. I got a factory work which was paying me 25-35k (with loads of stress and i was settling them at the secretariate with 7k). With that, i was able to save all my allowee(#310,250) except the first that was paid in camp cash.

I traveled home during the early corona virus lock down as corpers were advised to go home or any safe place and my factory work was back sliding as materials were costly in the market. >>>

Currently am done with nysc and left my work before the lock down, critically thinking of what next to do with my life. Contemplating on staying back at ogun (sango otta) where i served or going back to abia (my state) and start up fishery or piggery, or poultry, or computer center, or dry cleaning. Just lost in thought. I know how hard i worked to gather this money, i starved myself and deprived myself enjoyment, and the shame of a graduate riding okada (as my dad was financially ok before he died 2k17). I just don't want to carry two legs put for river talk say na testing..

My bro, don't leave that bike biz which you have experience with. Just upgrade a bit probably try with hire purchase. Use what's left on farming either rearing snails or fishery. Congrats! You are one of those few that made something out of NYSC. In my opinion, remain in Santo. There's nothing in Abia to do with this sum o. 2. Stay where u have no one because u think straight there. 3 u might need job to support your hustle because biz takes 3-5 years to grow o and I'm sure you should be planning on making a family in 2-3 years time that's if you haven't started. So Sango is ur best bet. I was in ur show this time 2015 (realized a little more sha with teaching and exam Runz) and I thank God for where I am today. God that did mine is still on the throne and will surely help you too. Remain blessed

8 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by ITbomb(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
I'm surprised no one is talking about 2 & ov 2.5 for Liverpool

Modified:
It ended Newcastle United Vs Liverpool (1 - 3)

The guy just missed N175,000 (1.35 odds)

6 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by familier(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:
Food Science and Technology
Nwanne I'll only advise you to learn catering
after that u open and Eatery with a good location i assure you'll make it
may God guide u

6 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Cof1ex(m): 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
Dreyton36:
Dont just fly out of Nigeria, pls runaway from Nigeria

My brother I repeat RUNNNNNNNNNN
how on earth is that gonna be possible with what I have and no helper
Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Richie77: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
piggery is a good one but you have to serve in a piggery for 3-4months to understand pigs .

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by bigpicture001: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
NDakota:
First off, congrats, man.

You went in and passed out of NYSC in one piece. And you were able to save much with little pay. Kudos, you've built something solid that will serve you whatever you do...

What you have developed is called financial discipline.

It's rare to see Nigerian youths with this skill these days.

My advice to you?

I don't give business or investment advice. But I can tell you what not to do...

...Never EVER go back to Abia. You'll kill the little dreams you have if you get back to that backwater.

I left Abia a few years ago, and it's been the best decision of my life so far.

Ota is close to Lagos. Whatever you start there has a 10X chance of gaining more traction than whatever you start in Abia.

#500,000 isn't a lot of money. Stay put and grow tha tmoney where you made it from!

You dont understand entrepreneur at all... You don't know if abia lacks any thing you know is available in ogun that mka abia a hot bet for entrepreneurs.....

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Wigetsolar: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
maximus2:
These nairaland threads will help you,some are old but gold. Remember you have to 100% do what it takes to succeed..

Domaining

https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

Fiverr

https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

Copywriting

https://www.nairaland.com/5898215/how-build-enviable-income-email

Skills
https://www.nairaland.com/5027600/how-produce-soaps-detergents-home

https://www.nairaland.com/3981813/how-produce-cosmetics-products-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/3968919/how-produce-printing-ink

Fiverr 2
https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering

There's so much more on the forum

Search for the topics of these nl profiles

2sexynet
Ymodulus
mikkyangel
Ucheosefoh

Check the agriculture section too,there are a lot of hidden gems there.

There are a host of others,you'll have to search it out yourself.

Don't go and start a computer center in this age...

I believe you're on the right path, all the best Cof1ex

√√

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by chatinent: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bro, invest. Build some rooms and rent them out (in your villa where you wouldn't buy land). You can also start up selling rice business; big money. I'd advise you dearly, don't ever invest in any online whatever. Lastly, don't subscribe to buying any FG jobs.

4 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Ceeblaq10: 3:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
bet9ja

3 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Cof1ex(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
phr33man:

My bro, don't leave that bike biz which you have experience with. Just upgrade a bit probably try with hire purchase. Use what's left on farming either rearing snails or fishery. Congrats! You are one of those few that made something out of NYSC. In my opinion, remain in Santo. There's nothing in Abia to do with this sum o. 2. Stay where u have no one because u think straight there. 3 u might need job to support your hustle because biz takes 3-5 years to grow o and I'm sure you should be planning on making a family in 2-3 years time that's if you haven't started. So Sango is ur best bet. I was in ur show this time 2015 (realized a little more sha with teaching and exam Runz) and I thank God for where I am today. God that did mine is still on the throne and will surely help you too. Remain blessed
thanks plenty
Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by pawesome(m): 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:

come to the north n make money...no high taxes..cheap food items amongst other...

or get involved in a sports betting business..become an agent n be a boss like me

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by azadus18: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
Saao:
haba na, bro it's good to help on.
m sorry bro...dis z d only place i chat..nd it becos z a faceless forum...my work z sensitive sir..so it wud be difficult to ep ...

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Sharks20(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
kingxsamz:
Buy a good graphic tablet, and learn digital designing.
Earn good cash from foreigners abroad for commissions.
That 500k na small money.

Can you teach me that
Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by B1GG: 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:

Go and marry with that money now

thank me later.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by vheckthor1: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
invest in rabbitery you won't regret

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by MayorGold001(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
[/quote]Am really going to be straight here. I was able to save #200,000 through a side hustle (riding okada) early last year (jan-may) while awaiting service and up to another 100k i used for service.

Currently am done with nysc and left my work before the lock down, critically thinking of what next to do with my life. Contemplating on staying back at ogun (sango otta) where i served or going back to abia (my state) and start up fishery or piggery, or poultry, or computer center, or dry cleaning. Just lost in thought. I know how hard i worked to gather this money, i starved myself and deprived myself enjoyment, and the shame [img][/img]of a graduate riding okada (as my dad was financially ok before he died 2k17). I just don't want to carry two legs put for river talk say na testing..

Please help![sub][/sub][sup][/sup][quote][quote]
[/quote
[/quote[quote]

1. don't go back at abia, remain in your current environ or rather find a way to go to Lagos
2.you can learn a trade though this days you need plenty money to run a successful business...but you can still start somewhere
3.you can as well invest in barbing salon and dry cleaning services
Good luck with any choice you make

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by kokoboy4life(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
azadus18:
yet ..dia ar still sure link out dia..i.e if u can get a job in FIRS ..U get ur clean 500k in 2months..if u wanna join d lo*ting gang u get more dan dat...

Good Day to you, if you have FIRS slot job link, kindly link me with the right person/person.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by abra88: 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
Bro pls start from broiler of just 50pieces it won't cost u more than 70k for 8weeks... Then u will be gathering ur experience small small.. In any business u chose to do don't put all the money in it at once..

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by azadus18: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ofunaofu:

Getting that strong connection is the problem
aabi...dis life no balance at all...sum pple get am, but dey no need am..a cousin called me early dis month abt a job slot , dia was no 1 available dat fitted d specification ..imagine afta 3 days dia was a particular nice guy dat use to do home lesson for my nephew nd niece here. he met d criteria , d slot was later given to him..dat z how God answer his prayer..

5 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by munachiso58(m): 3:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
look for a shop and go into accessories business and downloading get urself self employed dats d way for this our country

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by skyhighweb(m): 3:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
Cof1ex:
how real is it... I need something i can hustle for, not online stuff
no go put head for yeye thing forget Nigerians and online matter

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by God2man2again(m): 3:28pm On Jul 26, 2020
monichannel:
Barbing salon and dry cleaning service blends well. A friend is currently running both in a small shop and he's running his MSc with the proceeds.

Also, if you have access to a farmland, look into pepper and garden egg farming. Another of my friends is into this.

These ones are better.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by azadus18: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
kokoboy4life:

Good Day to you, if you have FIRS slot job link, kindly link me with the right person/person.
Dia Abuja office is doing internal recruitment presently..go submit ur c.v ..try ur luck...d surest link is GOD...

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by nittroboy(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
Following.
We almost in the same feather.
Best of luck nigga.

2 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Ucheosefoh(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
I will recommend you learn a high demanding digital skills like digital marketing, affiliate marketing, software programming, funnel hacking etc.

You are lucky to have enough capital, when I started I had little capital which hinders my growth but I'm happy the digital marketing skills I learnt in 2018/19 is what is helping me a lot now.

You can combine online business and offline business and use your online skills to sell your offline business.

I'm into real estate, automobile dealership and digital marketing agency I use my digital marketing skills to sell cars and properties that I don't own for a commission.

I look for car dealers that I can market and sell their cars for a commission and I will set up a Facebook ad for the car, same thing I do for real estate properties.

I know others have mentioned a lot, take your time and choose one.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by calebonuja: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
Sir you can start a
1. Car wash
2. Cooking gas refill
3. Open a fashion house and engage skilled individuals.
4. Go into food stuffs.
I would recommend 4, 2, 1 and 3 because sir no matter how bad or broke people are they are things people must do like food whether covid or not man must chop. Man must use energy to prepare his meal like gas which is use by most people now. With a fashion house and skilled persons all u have to do is be a good manager to run your business. For the car wash sir, with a good location u will make money daily.

I have a lot of suggestions but I gave out these 4 because of your capital and you know when you're starting a business you don't sink all your money into it. So even the 500k is not the whole of it you'll use hence if you look into the 4 things above you can sink in 300k and grow from there.

If you wanna invest.
Mygoati.com
Themap.ng
And all this efarms is a place to consider.
Go on Instagram and check this companies out and you'd be amazed.
There are also real estate company that you can invest in and make a good profit adronhomes and so on just do search on IG.

Please let me make it clear that I am not saying am a financial expert or advertising for any company but sometimes you just wanna share info that could help and this is what am doing. Please do your own research and take responsibility for your money.

9 Likes

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
yetunsbay:
says who ? Job security + financial discipline with side hussle

Leave story, bros. We've been there before and still resigned.
How much is the salary that you'll bring financial discipline into and become rich??

1 Like

Re: After NYSC What With #500,000 In My Account? by Adelk: 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
My brother I'm a copper like you and i made a whole lot from Forex during this year.....i don't even save my alawee.....but I can amount to some big money now

What I'd advice you to do is invest some part of it in a reputable company that gives reasonable ROI e.g tonsoelite.com gives 30% ROI monthly

Then, go and learn how to trade in the financial market yourself wether currencies, stocks or commodities or even synthetic indices......

Then you can use ur profits to re-invest innthe real estate.......dis way you'd be creating some great future ahead

2 ways to financial freedom still remains
1....Investment in d real easter
2....Investment in d financial market(Forex, Crypto)

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

CBN Devalues Naira From 155 to168 , Raises Lending Rate to13% / Innoson Wins Sierra Leone Oil Blocks Alongside Cluff Energy / Apple Inc. Buys Chinedu Echeruo’s Hopstop.com For $1 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.