Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions (1741 Views)

Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? / Hello Atheist You Guys Just Got A New Member In The House / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by kingxsamz(m): 9:22am On Jul 26, 2020
ublight:
i wonder why some christians promote juju just in a bid to prove that God exists. Even atheist know that an idol is nothing. Same thing paul said.

Mehn juju na scam.

grin grin
Even if juju existed, it still doesn't prove a god.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by ublight: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2020
Buliwyf:

Just as fake as the rest of the stories in the bible. It's possible a teacher by that name existed around the time he is thought to have lived. We know this because he wants the only one then. There were many such movements and teachers around that time. But most of the stories we hear today are just fiction concocted by his followers then corrupted by the early Roman empire to suit their own purposes.

wow. Which of the stories about him are lies. ?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by ublight: 9:33am On Jul 26, 2020
kingxsamz:

grin grin Even if juju existed, it still doesn't prove a god.
that is very correct. There is only one place to find God
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Buliwyf: 9:52am On Jul 26, 2020
ublight:

wow. Which of the stories about him are lies. ?

Where do I even begin?

From the story of his birth? That one is a clear lie. Why would God want to hump a woman just to save the world when he could just as well do that without going through all that trouble? He is supposed to be omnipotent for God's sake. It is likely he was born out of wedlock or there were doubts about his paternity so either his followers or his mother made up that story. We know this isn't something new. Alexander The Great's mother told him he was the son of Zeus. Caesar Augustus was called Divi Filius. There are many such examples. And we know that the Romans were occupying Judea during that time. So it's easy to see the parallels.

What about his death? Different books of the gospels can't even agree on what transpired at his grave; the number of angels or the number of first visitors and their gender.

The whole story of his life was made to copy stories from before his time too. I could go on and on.

If there was such a teacher of great power at the time, I am sure the Romans who kept meticulous records and like to talk about great deeds from afar will have rushed down to see him or had him visiting their capital in Rome or something.

1 Like

Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2020
One things is certain, if you believe that God exist or you didn't believe that he exist one day you will die, and depart from this world....

But you can never return back to the God you didn't know, you cannot Go back to the God you disbelieve all in the name of you didn't see any prove to know that he exist, even when you cannot see that you are one of the prove that claimed that God exist...

God the true God of the living, Who is the alpha and the omega the beginning and end said in his word that he only promise us new heaven and new earth, because this earth already been corrupt with work of Satan and the eyes of God is too holy to behold it that why God only have concerns only on those who have faith and not only faith but also keep their souls and body away from the work of iniquity and keep them selves Holy... Till the end.......

Any body that believe that there is no true God didn't have a deep thought about his/her existence.......

Life is full of misery it full of a wide imagination that you can even imagine finish......if not from sin and because human choose to live his life the way he want, life will not be like this......
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2020
Buliwyf:

Where do I even begin?

From the story of his birth? That one is a clear lie. Why would God want to hump a woman just to save the world when he could just as well do that without going through all that trouble? He is supposed to be omnipotent for God's sake. It is likely he was born out of wedlock or there were doubts about his paternity so either his followers or his mother made up that story. We know this isn't something new. Alexander The Great's mother told him he was the son of Zeus. Caesar Augustus was called Divi Filius. There are many such examples. And we know that the Romans were occupying Judea during that time. So it's easy to see the parallels.

What about his death? Different books of the gospels can't even agree on what transpired at his grave; the number of angels or the number of first visitors and their gender.

The whole story of his life was made to copy stories from before his time too. I could go on and on.

If there was such a teacher of great power at the time, I am sure the Romans who kept meticulous records and like to talk about great deeds from afar will have rushed down to see him or had him visiting their capital in Rome or something.

Our God the God truth and salvation is the God plan and promise who never fail...

Why don't you go and read your Bible very from beginning to the and see how God promises the birth of Jesus through a virgin and his death for the salvation of World....

Well man have his choice......you choose to believe or not
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by ublight: 10:07am On Jul 26, 2020
Buliwyf:

Where do I even begin?

Wow! So y did people like peter, paul, stephen, etc all die for a lie. They must have been insane.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Buliwyf: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2020
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

Our God the God truth and salvation is the God plan and promise who never fail...

Why don't you go and read your Bible very from beginning to the and see how God promises the birth of Jesus through a virgin and his death for the salvation of World....

Well man have his choice......you choose to believe or not

You mean those stories retroactively edited and deliberately misinterpreted to make it look likes a prediction? Lmao

1 Like

Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 10:14am On Jul 26, 2020
Buliwyf:

You mean those stories retroactively edited and deliberately misinterpreted to make it look likes a prediction? Lmao

You typing out what I said...

God promises the birth and death of Jesus and it manifest....
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Buliwyf: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2020
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

You typing out what I said...

God promises the birth and death of Jesus and it manifest....

Nothing manifested. Stop deceiving yourself. You are not different from those Muslims that see the name of Allah at the bottom of their pots or in a tree. Anything can be misinterpreted to look like it was predicted.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by frank317: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2020
Enskynelson:

Yeah, exactly. Can science explain the magic?

With this kind of question, how exactly do u think u are capable of discussing with atheists here.

U keep on showing off ur low level iq
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Eyinjuoluwanimi: 10:43am On Jul 26, 2020
Buliwyf:

Nothing manifested. Stop deceiving yourself. You are not different from those Muslims that see the name of Allah at the bottom of their pots or in a tree. Anything can be misinterpreted to look like it was predicted.

Hmm OK I won't argue.....

I know one day we shall all receive our judgement from the same God, you people said he not exist....

You have make up your mind not to believe.... No body can change your mind and that why you look for several excuse to back up your point.....

Jesus still love you..
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Enskynelson(m): 10:55am On Jul 26, 2020
frank317:

With this kind of question, how exactly do u think u are capable of discussing with atheists here.

U keep on showing off ur low level iq
I just pretend I didn't see that. Writing in such language shows your level of understanding. No need to talk back at you High IQ man.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:33am On Jul 26, 2020
Judybash93:

No boss, the fact that one declares himself/herself as an atheist is just simply proclaiming that he/she doesn't have enough evidence to accept the claim of the existence of a God. Nothing more, nothing less.
All those questions are irrelevant as atheists will probably analyze different scientific theories to ascertain the one with the well grounded concepts and constructs. Not every atheists accepts the big bang theory and other things stated. Atheism is a not a belief system and every atheist think differently based on the info they've got

Now you just opened more lapses of atheism. Great.

As you just said, now tell me, those who don't believe in the big bang theory, what then is their theory?

You are one of them, right? What's your theory? Or do you just do not want to believe in God?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Buliwyf: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2020
Eyinjuoluwanimi:

Hmm OK I won't argue.....

I know one day we shall all receive our judgement from the same God, you people said he not exist....

You have make up your mind not to believe.... No body can change your mind and that why you look for several excuse to back up your point.....

Jesus still love you..

And I know that one day you will receive your judgement from the Flying Spaghetti Monster you people say doesn't exist. FSM loves you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Atheism is just a lack of belief in God, not necessarily a support structure for all scientific theories.

Some atheists believe in the Big Bang theory, some don't.

Some atheists even believe in Jesus, but only as a teacher and a wise man, and not as Son of God. And they believe that He has

and is gone like every other famous teachers in history like Buddha and Confucius.

The only thing that links all atheists together is their lack of belief in God.

Let me even shock you, it is not all scientists that believe in the Big Bang theory. As we speak, millions of scientists are at their desks or labs looking for weaknesses in the theory so they can falsify it and sell their own ideas.

Wow...man, this is serious. So you mean atheism is this foolish?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2020
Playthepianos:

Wow...man, this is serious. So you mean atheism is this foolish?
What in my post informed this question of yours?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2020
kingxsamz:

Mr man, go and educate yourself before you come online to embarass yourself.
Atheism is not science. Get that fact into your head.
Even me too have asked such ignorant questions years back.

If they ask you who/what created God now, you'll special plead. undecided

Haha. You just opened your yansh to the world.. smiley

Just imagine what you said. Not believing God created the world is the opposite to believing the Big Bang. Now, you are a coward, trying to dodge the question.

Let me ask you:

You are an atheist, right? What theory do you believe if you don't believe the big bang? wink
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:47am On Jul 26, 2020
maynia:

Maybe the pope has something to do with it?

Lol. The pope isn't even a Christian.
Roman Catholicism ain't Christianity.

smiley
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2020
frank317:

I think his position is very clear and straight to the point.

U make ur self 'unsmart' when u act like u don't see his position.

No, that is the most foolish answer I have ever received.

If some atheists do not believe the Big Bang, yet they don't believe in God that created the universe, what then do they believe?

Do you not know that disbelief in God is belief in the big bang?

Okay, which other theory do you believe if you don't believe the big bang?

All of you are just cowards and scammers that are trying to dodge the question.

So of all the atheists that read this post, none of them believe the big bang shit? smiley
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

What in my post informed this question of yours?

It's what you were inadvertently disposing.

Okay, let us not waste time,

You are an atheist, right?

Which theory do you believe the? wink
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2020
ublight:
i wonder why some christians promote juju just in a bid to prove that God exists. Even atheist know that an idol is nothing. Same thing paul said.

Mehn juju na scam.

If you fear juju, how shall you not fear who juju fears?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
Playthepianos:

It's what you were inadvertently disposing.

Okay, let us not waste time,

You are an atheist, right?

Which theory do you believe the? wink

I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and an apostle sent forth to propagate the Gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ, the one to Whom I have submitted all.

However, I think your thread is weak because you are confusing atheism with science.

A scientist can be a Christian but an atheist can never be a Christian.

Let me even give you another shocker. It is not all Christians who believe that the Creation Story in Genesis happened. Some Christians believe it is Jewish creation story, while some believe that it is a fable to demonstrate God's blessings and benevolence in creating man in His Image.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Atheism is just a lack of belief in God, not necessarily a support structure for all scientific theories.

Some atheists believe in the Big Bang theory, some don't.

Some atheists even believe in Jesus, but only as a teacher and a wise man, and not as Son of God. And they believe that He has died and is gone like every other famous teachers in history like Buddha and Confucius.

The only thing that links all atheists together is their lack of belief in God.

Let me even shock you, it is not all scientists that believe in the Big Bang theory. As we speak, millions of scientists are at their desks or labs looking for weaknesses in the theory so they can falsify it and sell their own ideas.

Unstable as water!

When it suits una, you believe in explosions. When it does not suit you, you divorce your wife and act as though you do not believe in the Explosion Creation Theory.

To us, you are the same choosing to believe a Lie!
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05pm On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, and an apostle sent forth to propagate the Gospel of my Lord Jesus Christ, the one to Whom I have submitted all.

However, I think your thread is weak because you are confusing atheism with science.

Let me even give you another shocker. It is not all Christians who believe that the Creation Story in Genesis happened. Some Christians believe it is Jewish creation story, while some believe that it is a fable to demonstrate God's blessings and benevolence in creating man in His Image.

Aha! Who you be?
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Playthepianos: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Apostle, respect, sir.

I don't argue with you.

If then some atheists do not believe the big bang, what theory do they believe then? It is to expose their foolishness.

Anybody in the world that doesn't accept that God created the world, such is an atheist. That's simple enough.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Anyone who says it is a Jewish story is mistaken, for the Bible clearly says that God's Plan starts with the House of Abraham now Isreal commonly called Jews.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Unstable as water!

When it suits una, you believe in explosions. When it does not suit you, you divorce your wife and act as though you do not believe in the Explosion Creation Theory.

To us, you are the same choosing to believe a Lie!

First of all, I am not an atheist.

Second, I hate ignorance, which is why I followed this thread.

Third, being an atheist does mean that you support the Big Bang theory.

Fourth, the Big Bang theory was formalized by a Christian, a priest for that matter. His name was Georges LemaƮtre, a Catholic priest.

Fifth, not all scientists even believe or support the Big Bang theory. The reason why they are tolerating it is because they have not been able to falsify it so far.

Sixth, not all Christians believe in the Creation Story in Genesis. Some scholars think of it as a fable included in the Bible to teach a moral lesson.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Playthepianos:

Apostle, respect, sir.

I don't argue with you.

If then some atheists do not believe the big bang, what theory do they believe then? It is to expose their foolishness.

Anybody in the world that doesn't accept that God created the world, such is an atheist. That's simple enough.

The goal of an atheist is not to Prove that there is no God. It is rather, to scream that there is no God and make simple, unthinking and foolish people to fall from their previous knowledge and begin to ask stupid questions that appear reasonable.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Anyone who says it is a Jewish story is mistaken, for the Bible clearly says that God's Plan starts with the House of Abraham now Isreal commonly called Jews.

But the Scriptures were individual works prior to canonization.

Man canonized the Bible. I am of the school of thoughts that the Jewish creation story was included since the compilers needed to close the gap between when God created Heaven and Earth and when the story of Abraham began.

Even the flood story is heavily disputed in theology institutions, because it is not an exclusively Jewish story. Other civilizations had similar flood stories.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by Dtruthspeaker: 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, I am not an atheist.

Second, I hate ignorance, which is why I followed this thread.

Third, being an atheist does mean that you support the Big Bang theory.

Fourth, the Big Bang theory was formalized by a Christian, a priest for that matter. His name was Georges LemaƮtre, a Catholic priest.

Fifth, not all scientists even believe or support the Big Bang theory. The reason why they are tolerating it is because they have not been able to falsify it so far.

Sixth, not all Christians believe in the Creation Story in Genesis. Some scholars think of it as a fable included in the Bible to teach a moral lesson.

See your instability. 1) "First of all, I am not an atheist." Then" being an atheist does mean ". You are holding 2 opposing briefs Prosecution and Defence at the same time.

It is long established that the Catholic church and their Priests are Liars hence we disregard them.

On no 5- whoever presents that nonsense must be silenced.

I have addressed no 6.
Re: If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions by kingxsamz(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2020
Playthepianos:

Just imagine what you said. Not believing God created the world is the opposite to believing the Big Bang. Now, you are a coward, trying to dodge the question.

Let me ask you:

You are an atheist, right? What theory do you believe if you don't believe the big bang? wink

You're not that bright.
I think you have issues comprehending simple statements.
You should do more of reading to comprehend rather than reading to reply. Like I said, stop embarrassing yourself.

Atheism and Science are not the same.
Some atheists believe the big bang theory, some don't. But that's their own personal choice.
Asking an atheist questions about the big bang like that's what atheism is all about is a sign of ignorance which you're displaying here.
And someone just told you that the big bang theory was introduced by a catholic.

Read to understand ignoramus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye's Message To TB Joshua's Wife / Life Is Not Fair There Is No Black Jesus / Reliving Jesus' Last Days On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.