Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? (5512 Views)

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! / Please Help Me..... She Openned Up To Me After Our Family Introduction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
I don't have to buy anything for the in-laws if I DON'T WANT TO. A hug and a smile is sufficient.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by otokx(m): 4:12pm On Feb 09, 2011
MTN recharge card can do for gift - nonsense and ingredient
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I don't have to buy anything for the in-laws if I DON'T WANT TO.  A hug and a smile is sufficient.

ROTFLMAO . . . as usual, these foreigners think they know it all . . .

I dey laugh!  grin  grin
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 4:13pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I don't have to buy anything for the in-laws if I DON'T WANT TO. A hug and a smile is sufficient.

you are not rdy grin grin

i am still trying to recover from mine grin cheesy

Ujujoan:

I dey laugh! grin grin

hello stranger lol

how is it going
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Offcourse you don't have to but i'd advice you to. You don't just marry a man from a family Q. You marry into a family wink
Family is everything to us in Naij

How old r u Q? Like seriously cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

I dey laugh!  grin  grin

I never PROFESSED TO KNOW IT ALL. Why are you salty? If I was Nigerian, I DON'T HAVE TO give in-laws gifts IF I DON'T WANT TO.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2011
r231:

you are not rdy grin grin

i am still trying to recover from mine grin cheesy

hello stranger lol

how is it going

Not ready? I am already married into the family. WTF?
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
jay bee:

Offcourse you don't have to but i'd advice you to. You don't just marry a man from a family Q. You marry into a family wink
Family is everything to us in Naij

How old r u Q? Like seriously cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

A GIFT has NOTHING TO DO WITH FAMILY.  Seriously get off of it.  What age have to do with what I WON'T DO OR DO? 

If I WANT TO GIVE THEM A GIFT, I WILL. IF I DON'T WANT TO GIVE THEM A GIFT, they sure the hell won't get a gift from me. Don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by r231(m): 4:19pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Not ready? I am already married into the family. WTF?

good luck then

PS. there is no need for the bolded part

come on now
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by chic2pimp(m): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I never PROFESSED TO KNOW IT ALL. Why are you salty? If I was Nigerian, I DON'T HAVE TO give in-laws gifts IF I DON'T WANT TO.
Oh Trust me, you definitely have to do. Its an Obligation.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
LMAO@good luck!  Ooh, you are so funny! You need to be on stage!
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I never PROFESSED TO KNOW IT ALL.  Why are you salty?  If I was Nigerian, I DON'T HAVE TO give in-laws gifts IF I DON'T WANT TO.

There you go again, making assumptions on what you know absolutely nothing about . .  as if you had a choice!   undecided
Tradition is tradition here you know and we respect these things!
I know all it takes to get married in your place is a visit to www.gettingmarried.com . .  but here, we also marry our families and not the one night stand we met that give us the best head!  cool  cool
If you want to look down your nose on people and their practices, then you should NOT have married a Nigerian. Cos whether you like it or not, you will collect 'gifts/bride price' on your daughters!  tongue
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
I be damn! Just because I STATED that I don't have to give gifts, I am looking down on traditions. SMH.

My husband is NIGERIAN AMERICAN.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
And please who made everythig complicated with your diamond rings and white wedding eh? Before we were comfortable with our igba  nkwy and ime ego untill y'all went and brought your nonsense culture for us to adopt!  undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
It wasn't me that created that NONSENSE you called it. I wasn't even born then!
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

It wasn't me that created that NONSENSE you called it. I wasn't even born then!

I didn't mean you personally . . I meant your race. Just like giving gifts is not based on personal preferences, but the culture has to be adhered to . . . whether one likes it or not. And if your husband was a true Nigerian, he would have told you that!

Mrs.Chima:

I be damn!  Just because I STATED that I don't have to give gifts, I am looking down on traditions.  SMH.  

My husband is NIGERIAN AMERICAN.  

Your sarcastic comments did not go unnoticed!
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
There are millions of Nigerians that know the traditions and culture and do not PRACTICE THEM.  So please do not make this FOREIGN VERSUS NIGERIAN bullshit.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

I didn't mean you personally . .  I meant your race. Just like giving gifts is not based on personal preferences, but the culture has to be adhered to . . .  whether one likes it or not. And if your husband was a true Nigerian, he would have told you that!

Your sarcastic comments did not go unnoticed!

Who said he DIDN'T TELL ME?  My race is black and WE DID NOT CREATE THE WHITE DRESS nonsense.  My ancestors didn't adhere to what the WHITE PEOPLE DID to get married.  It was similar to what YOU GUYS DID before the nonsense exposure.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by jaybee3(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs Chima
I can guarantee you that you would have danced to their tunes If you had to go marry your husband in Naij.
I'm so not traditional myself but i know my as. is going to be roasted if i had to go do the whole wedding shenanigans in naij.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

There are millions of Nigerians that know the traditions and culture and do not PRACTICE THEM.  So please do not make this FOREIGN VERSUS NIGERIAN bullshit.  

Bullshit is what you just said!

You cannot come to Nigeria and marry a woman without adhering to the customs. The millions of Nigerians doing that are not recognized by tradition as married and if the woman dies, the corpse belongs to her family and not her husband's family!

And yes this is foreign VERSUS Nigeria!

Dont assume we myust do things your way!
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Who said he DIDN'T TELL ME?  My race is black and WE DID NOT CREATE THE WHITE DRESS nonsense.  My ancestors didn't adhere to what the WHITE PEOPLE DID to get married.  It was similar to what YOU GUYS DID before the nonsense exposure. 

The colour of your skin does not make you any less of an American.

Again I say, don't make assumptions on things you know absolutely nothing about.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

Bullshit is what you just said!

You cannot come to Nigeria and marry a woman without adhering to the customs. The millions of Nigerians doing that are not recognized by tradition as married and if the woman dies, the corpse belongs to her family and not her husband's family!

And yes this is foreign VERSUS Nigeria!

Dont assume we myust do things your way!

I think you preaching to the wrong American because I AM NOT INTO TRADITION BOTH AMERICAN OR NIGERIAN. I will compromise if it mean that much to my husband but I am not doing too much back bending. I am not a robot and will not treated as such.

I want you to leave here knowing that Mrs. Chima do not impose any TRADITION ON anyone nor she cares.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

The colour of your skin does not make you any less of an American.

Again I say, don't make assumptions on things you know absolutely nothing about.

American is not a race. Don't make assumptions on things you know absolutely nothing about.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:44pm On Feb 09, 2011
jay bee:

Mrs Chima
I can guarantee you that you would have danced to their tunes If you had to go marry your husband in Naij.
I'm so not traditional myself but i know my as. is going to be roasted if i had to go do the whole wedding shenanigans in naij.

Don't bet blindly.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I think you preaching to the wrong American because I AM NOT INTO TRADITION BOTH AMERICAN OR NIGERIAN. I will compromise if it mean that much to my husband but I am not doing too much back bending. I am not a robot and will not treated as such.

I want you to leave here knowing that Mrs. Chima do not impose any TRADITION ON anyone nor she cares.

And I want you to get this into your apparently thick skull . . . . If you were Nigerian, you won't have a choice! undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

American is not a race. Don't make assumptions on things you know absolutely nothing about.

And where did I say America was a race itself? Or America does not belong to any race undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

And where did I say America was a race itself? Or America does not belong to any race undecided

The same goes where did I say the color of my skin doesn't make me less of an American? I know I am American and my views has nothing to do with BEING American.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ujujoan:

And I want you to get this into your apparently thick skull . . . . If you were Nigerian, you won't have a choice!  undecided

I want you to get this in YOUR THICK SKULL, I do have a choice.  I don't have to follow tradition nor culture whether I was Nigerian or not.

I know you are not getting upset or testy over some gifts.  What is the REAL DEAL?   
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The same goes where did I say the color of my skin doesn't make me less of an American?  I know I am American and my views has nothing to do with BEING American.  

'your views' are irrelevant here! You are not a Nigerian and you'll do well to remember that!  cool  cool

The next time you feel the urge to look down on people's culture, you should take a deep breath and consider if anybody cares about 'your views'  undecided  undecided
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by MrsChima(f): 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2011
One last time, I do not need to LOOK DOWN on ANY MOFO TRADITIONS OR CULTURE.  If I don't want to ADHERE TO IT, I won't. 

If YOU REPRESENT what being Nigerian all about, I should be relieved that I am not Nigerian.  You are representing them so well.

Come back when you CAN TELL ME THE REAL REASON YOU TESTY.
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
^^^^ ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

I dey laugh! grin grin grin
Re: How Much Can A Low-keyed Introduction Cost? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2011
Okay, I got this down:

Bride Price
Introduction price
Post Introduction price
Pre Wedding Price
Wedding Price
Post Wedding Price
Lawyer Fees

Okay! You guys CELEBRATE everything huh? When is NATIONAL poo DAY?

Do you not know the meaning of 'looking down on' something undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pretty Girls-disadvantages Of Being A Pretty Girl / Guys, Can You Marry A Lady Who Attends A White Garment Church? / 10 Reasons To Date A Girl Who Runs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.