Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,988 members, 7,852,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure (10610 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors / Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

They are not sensible.

They do not know that the people of SS, NE, NC are all on this thread watching.

By asking the OP to shut up and attacking him, they are giving Nigerians the impression that they and tinubu have ulterior motives.
The funny part is that here in Benue we dont even know Tinubu, atleast some of us here like Osibanjo But we dont even know or give a damn about the Tinubu they worship

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Asgard13: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

They are not sensible.

By asking the OP to shut up and attacking him, they are giving Nigerians the impression that
they and tinubu have ulterior motives.

Yoruba believe say na their brain Bismarck take partition Africa grin
Na dem brain Britain use colonize Nigeria grin

Nigerians see through Yoruba antic

People wey dia thieves are saint and worship other tribe thieves na bandits and criminals

They’re Bayerebe.... Hausa Fulani no just give them that name

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Asgard13: 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kenplay:

The funny part is that here in Benue we dont even know Tinubu, atleast some of us here like Osibanjo But we dont even know or give a damn about the Tinubu they worship

Only Yoruba worship Tinubu.... they worship humans
Even their history na human wey fall from heaven...

And for their mind .... na Jagaban of Africa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by AgainstIslam(f): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

My friend go and sit down! Even common Rochas we have been pursuing built a lot of classroom blocks in every corner of Imo.

The question is, what is Tinubu legacy projects in Lagos, or Irafbiji grin

Please, don't be unfortunate in life. I am not a Tinubu supporter if you care to know. I only responded to a question. if it doesn't suit your warped logic, that's not my problem. The OP asked for his achievements in education and i gave my opinion.

And please stay the fucck out of my mention, I don't banter words with bigots.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by proeast(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2020
PIMPAR:

Focus your attention where it's much needed

You see why Nigeria has remained a sh1thole? It is because of characters like this guy.

The op asked a very important question but trust the poverty ravaged and Stockholm syndrome aflicted citizens to start defending the very set of people that have destroyed their destiny.

The bullion van kleptomaniac you're defending has secured the bag, albeit crookedly for his children and those yet unborn at the detriment of the masses yet you're here supporting him.

At Op, there is no need asking because the drug lord left no tangible legacy except the promoting touts to position of authority.

Lastly, the dude stands no chance at all considering that the Northerners will rather want to continue ruling than hand over to the SW. 2023 presidency will go to the SE.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:
Can we now conclude that Theodore Orji was a better governor than Tinubu ?

grin grin grin grin grin
Lmao

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
AgainstIslam:
Let me just talk about two:

1. Education: He built millennium classroom blocks in most Local Government of the state. I went to one of such: Abibat Mogaji Millennium Secondary School.
In addition, there wasn't shortage of teachers as I could remember we had 3 teachers taking English language, 2 taking mathematics, and so on. The subject would be split into parts and each teacher will handle different parts of the subject. That was possible because there was more than enough teachers to go round. I did not pay a Kobo for my WAEC. Let me stop there.

2. He tried to make water available to most households but I learnt some people sabotaged the effort. At leat I remember Sakamori water which is still functioning until today in some parts of Lagos where residents had access to potable water at very low cost.

I can go on and on but I'll let others add more.
This is a start and how we expected his supporters to sell his candidacy. Instead they are resulting to insults.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by MrColdsweat: 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
I want to believe the tinubu supporters claiming to be real yorubas on nairaland are paid agents and not real yorubas.

It will be shameful if this is the choice of the yorubas for presidency.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by famouscargo4u: 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
Tinubu established LAMATA, LASTMA, LASEMA, KAI which is being replicated in the country today. He is not a saint but he is response for creating the model of the modern Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:

Google is your friend...Asiwaju Achievement during his tenure in office as the executive governor of lagos state is on public domain
So you will tell the people in South South,South East,North Central,North West,North East and Middle-Belt his legacy projects are so big that it can can only be seen on Google

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:
Tinubu established LAMATA, LASTMA, LASEMA, KAI which is being replicated in the country today. He is not a saint but he is response for creating the model of the modern Lagos.
This is what the thread is about. To point out some of the legacies he left behind. Some of his supporters failed to see that and started acting like agberos.

This is how to sell your candidate.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by AgainstIslam(f): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is a start and how we expected his supporters to sell his candidacy. Instead they are resulting to insults.

Thanks for the compliments.

But I'm not his supporter. Never voted for him or any of his candidates and will never vote for him.

Just that I think back then, he really tried for Lagos state and laid the foundation for Fasola to perform.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:

Google is your friend...Asiwaju Achievement during his tenure in office as the executive governor of lagos state is on public domain

Even you don't know what he achieved? grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by MrColdsweat: 9:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:

You mean, For 8 years, he created only model?

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:

Rubbish!

WAI was what he copied, from Idiagbon in 1984, ASESA was existing in Anambra since 1987 so you cannot tell me Tinubu invented what was existing.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot and helinues come and sell your candidate.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by famouscargo4u: 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

You mean, For 8 years, he created only model?

Before I continue with you. I would like to know if you live in Lagos or just act on media frenzy. Tinubu built roads, hospitals and shore up the IGR of Lagos 400m to 6b monthly that when OBj witheld allocation due to Lagos for 22 months, he paid salaries on time . I don't like Tinubu but I discovered that some unscrupulous elements are just out there to disparage people out of Jealousy or blind sentiments or bias. Among those who were governor in Tinubu's time, how many are relevant today? Tinubu has many flaws, that however, is not to say he did nothing while he was governor in Lagos for 8 years.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by famouscargo4u: 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Rubbish!

WAI was what he copied, from Idiagbon in 1984, ASESA was existing in Anambra since 1987 so you cannot tell me Tinubu invented what was existing.

What about LASTMA? Don't be a jingoist. You are just a bias hater.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by MrColdsweat: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Rubbish!

They don't read what they type.

Billions of naira from revenue and allocation for good 8 years, all he could mention was a few agencies to fix his touts in government.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:

Before I continue with you. I would like to know if you live in Lagos or just act on media frenzy. Tinubu built roads, hospitals and shore up the IGR of Lagos 400m to 6b monthly that when OBj witheld allocation due to Lagos for 22 months, he paid salaries on time . I don't like Tinubu but I discovered that some unscrupulous elements are just out there to disparage people out of Jealousy or blind sentiments or bias. Among those who were governor in Tinubu's time, how many are relevant today? Tinubu has many flaws, that however, is not to say he did nothing while he was governor in Lagos for 8 years.
OBJ withheld local government allocation and not state allocation. Tinubu should not had access to local government allocations by the elected Local Government Chairman.

We have three tiers of government: Federal,State and Local. Governors unfortunately hijacked Local Government allocations in practically all states of the federation.
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by MrColdsweat: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:

Mention the roads and hospitals.
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2020
famouscargo4u:

What about LASTMA? Don't be a jingoist. You are just a bias hater.

Was LASTMA an achievement? grin it was just an agency of government created to supress Nigeria traffic police already being paid by FG so he can collect fines from erring traffic offenders and divert to his pocket after helping his friends from other states loot Lagos.

What was his legacy projects and you are talking yama yama yama grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 9:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
Seunsmg and Throwback won't see this thread.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:
Seunsmg and Throwback won't see this thread.
Were are all the Tinubu supporters?What is the legacy projects that endeared him to them.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by eagleu: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:
I want to believe the tinubu supporters claiming to be real yorubas on nairaland are paid agents and not real yorubas.

It will be shameful if this is the choice of the yorubas for presidency.

Gbam!

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
eagleu:

Gbam!
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2020
MrColdsweat:

They are not sensible.

By asking the OP to shut up and attacking him, they are giving Nigerians the impression that they and tinubu have ulterior motives.
Attack is not always the best form of defence, something they don't understand.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by honeyB2018: 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2020
favor914:
Please mention one place you have lived in Lagos, you think is to be opening mouth from Owerri? Lagos is not backward south south, or south east? Progressive thinkers are everywhere in Lagos from Eko Atlantic, to GRA Ikeja, even the Governor of your retrogressive State has investments in Lagos State, Go and ask Davido Adeleke, let him and his 30 billion crew enlighten your blind ass.

I have said it repeatedly, I have nothing against Tinubu and his political aspirations, I want to repeat here, that like MKO, theYorubas, will be the ones that will kill Tinubu politically.
Their nonsensical attitude, boastfulness, hate for opposing views, illogically reasoning and standing the truth on the head, will greatly rub on him.
For those who still feel that Bola Ahmed Tinubu is that political alpha and omega of the southwest, continue in your stupidity.
Anyone, who has ever lived in Lagos state, and will love the truth and say it, the way it is, will know that inspire of the blessings that God has the state yet, it's poorly governed.
As a former federal capital, with all the massive infrastructural development, one would have expected that the state would have been up there development wise, but the reverse is the case. Lagos, is not only about Ikeja, VI, Suru- mere etc, but a walk into the interiors of the state, will confirm my assertion. Go to places like Magbo, Badagry, Iba, Ikorodu, Epe. You will weep for the state.
I know lots of haters of truth here will not agree, but this the truth.
Lagos State, I love you and wish you the best.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kenplay:

Why not answer the question so that we in North-central and others from South-south and the rest of the nation can have a reason to vote Tinubu.

Your votes are not needed for him to win the presidency grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 26, 2020
Kenplay:

Why not answer the question so that we in North-central and others from South-south and the rest of the nation can have a reason to vote Tinubu.

I am not your history teacher son
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by forgiveness: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

My friend go and sit down! Even common Rochas we have been pursuing built a lot of classroom blocks in every corner of Imo.

The question is, what is Tinubu legacy projects in Lagos, or Irafbiji grin

First of all, let it be known that Lagos state was abandoned and left to rot by the federal government of Nigeria in other to develop Abuja.

They thought if the neglect all the infrastructures and move all the ministries to Abuja, Lagos state will loose its status as the economic capital of Nigeria but God pass man.

Prior to the time Tinubu became the governor of Lagos state, Lagos state roads were not motorable and was in the same state with what you see in Aba.

What Tinubu did as soon as he in was draw the master plan for the development of Lagos state. The same master plan is what his predecessors used are still using uptill date.

The plan was to rehabilitate, reconstruct, construct etc all the roads in the Island to bring direct foreign investment into Lagos state through that area. He fullfil that tasks and boom boom Lagos state witnessed inflow of investors which generated huge revenue for Lagos state.

That was why we called him the governor of Islanders in his first tenure.

However, he began to work in the mainland in his second tenure. Despite the fact that Obasanjo withdrew Lagos state allocation for years, Tinubu built the BRT, dualized the Ikorodu road etc.

Moreover, I am not saying he has no flaws.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
eagleu:

Non sensual questions?
That is a new one!

If you have a good reply, you would have since posted it, instead of diverting from the topic.

Why not ask Peter Obj or Atikwuchukwu? Do I look like your history teacher?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fg Pays Oil Marketers Outstanding N48.2b Subsidy Arrears / Buhari Presides Over Sixth Virtual FEC Meeting / Matawalle: There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits Across The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.