Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,754 members, 7,851,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure (10601 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / Buhari Threatens To Relocate Fg Projects From States That Frustrate Contractors / Budget: Buhari Lists Projects From Which Cuts Were Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by justified007: 10:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
I seriously see nothing bad in electorates asking for an aspirants previous performance and I see it as an opportunity for Tinubu's presidential promoter to market their man .

I was in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure as the executive Governor but unfortunately , I can't mention all his administration did during his tenure but I will try to mention few that I still remember but I sincerely wish someone closer to those that worked with him will give us a comprehensive list of his administration's achievement.

I lived in Agege throughout his tenure and I can still remember some of these projects below.

1. Education:

Construction and rehabilitation of the schools . His administration built and rehabilitated most of the schools with dilapidated buildings around Agege those years . Schools like Saka Tinubu's , Government college , Oyewole primary and secondary schools benefited from this and his administration also built 1 model school in Agege local government and I am sure more can still be found in the other LGs.

His administration also did a lot on recruitments , training and welfare of the schools staffs coupled with making the schools affordable to everybody. It was actually supposed to be free education but to be sincere it wasn't totally free but the administration scored more than a pass mark .

2. Housing

Through the LSDPC , Tinubu administration constructed a lot of housing estates in Lagos and majority of the housing estates were designed to be low cost housing estates like the ones we have in Arigbanla street and some at oko-oba but I heard majority of the housing units were cornered by the civil servants , bought cheap in their family and friends name and later sold to the public at exorbitant rates but the facts still remains the housing estates were built as promised by the administration and lots of lagosians turned house owners through some of those housing schemes.

3. Road

His administration also did a lot in terms of road constructions and rehabilitation within the state. In my LG for instance , I can remember how they rehabilitated the Iyana-Ipaja -Agege road , Inner Street roads like the Arigbanla street , oko-oba roads, Agege -Ogba , Iyana-Ipaja -Lasu road etc and most of those roads are actually still in great conditions.

Apart from roads construction, the administration also tried in tackling the problems of erosion in Lagos state and that big canal in Mulero and the one coming from abattoir was constructed by Tinubu's administration which help in arresting the problems of erosion during rainfall. The fashola administration later expanded the canal coming from the abattoir side and it helps in reducing the problems of the erosion to manageable level . people living around Papa Ashafa and orile -Agege can bear me witness on this .

***Health

Orile Agege general hospital was upgraded and he built new structures and employed more health workers. His administration also started and equipped LASAMBUS which is an emergency rescue services . I think it is LASAMBUS that later grew to LRU now in Lagos.

Security:

Tinubu's administration reduced the usual practice of the inter ethnic clashes that usually occur in Lagos and contrary to the usual allegation that his administration breeds touts , I think his administration did a lot in engaging those touts and criminal by employing them as tax officers etc. Lagos state used to be notorious for armed robberies, 419 and pick pockets before the coming of Tinubu's administration.

His administration also initiated the Lagos security trust fund which became popular under the fashola regime . LSTF has helped in no small measure in raising funds and procurement of equipments for our security men.

BRT , LASTMA LAWMA etc were the brainchild of Tinubu's régime.

I need to sleep abeg . I may add more later

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2020
divicode:

Your votes are not needed for him to win the presidency grin

Are you being paid to truncate Tinubu presidential ambition? Why are you insulting people just because they asked for proof of Tinubu achievements as an administrator?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by nku5: 10:23pm On Jul 26, 2020
Ambode built this ultramodern terminal at Oshodi. It's Ambode's legacy. Where Tinubu own?

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2020
justified007:
I seriously see nothing bad in electorates asking for an aspirants previous performance and I see it as an opportunity for Tinubu's presidential promoter to market their man .

I was in Lagos during Tinubu's tenure as the executive Governor but unfortunately , I can't mention all his administration did during his tenure but I will try to mention few that I still remember but I sincerely wish someone closer to those that worked with him will give us a comprehensive list of his administration's achievement.

I lived in Agege throughout his tenure and I can still remember some of these projects below.

1. Education:

Construction and rehabilitation of the schools . His administration built and rehabilitated most of the schools with dilapidated buildings around Agege those years . Schools like Saka Tinubu's , Government college , Oyewole primary and secondary schools benefited from this and his administration also built 1 model school in Agege local government and I am sure more can still be found in the other LGs.

His administration also did a lot on recruitments , training and welfare of the schools staffs coupled with making the schools affordable to everybody. It was actually supposed to be free education but to be sincere it wasn't totally free but the administration scored more than a pass mark .

2. Housing

Through the LSDPC , Tinubu administration constructed a lot of housing estates in Lagos and majority of the housing estates were designed to be low cost housing estates like the ones we have in Arigbanla street and some at oko-oba but I heard majority of the housing units were cornered by the civil servants , bought cheap in their family and friends name and later sold to the public at exorbitant rates but the facts still remains the housing estates were built as promised by the administration and lots of lagosians turned house owners through some of those housing schemes.

3. Road

His administration also did a lot in terms of road constructions and rehabilitation within the state. In my LG for instance , I can remember how they rehabilitated the Iyana-Ipaja -Agege road , Inner Street roads like the Arigbanla street , oko-oba roads, Agege -Ogba , Iyana-Ipaja -Lasu road etc and most of those roads are actually still in great conditions.

Apart from roads construction, the administration also tried in tackling the problems of erosion in Lagos state and that big canal in Mulero and the one coming from abattoir was constructed by Tinubu's administration which help in arresting the problems of erosion during rainfall. The fashola administration later expanded the canal coming from the abattoir side and it helps in reducing the problems of the erosion to manageable level . people living around Papa Ashafa and orile -Agege can bear me witness on this .

***Health

Orile Agege general hospital was upgraded and he built new structures and employed more health workers. His administration also started and equipped LASAMBUS which is an emergency rescue services . I think it is LASAMBUS that later grew to LRU now in Lagos.

Security:

Tinubu's administration reduced the usual practice of the inter ethnic clashes that usually occur in Lagos and contrary to the usual allegation that his administration breeds touts , I think his administration did a lot in engaging those touts and criminal by employing them as tax officers etc. Lagos state used to be notorious for armed robberies, 419 and pick pockets before the coming of Tinubu's administration.

His administration also initiated the Lagos security trust fund which became popular under the fashola regime . LSTF has helped in no small measure in raising funds and procurement of equipments for our security men.

BRT , LASTMA LAWMA etc were the brainchild of Tinubu's régime.

I need to sleep abeg . I may add more later

Theodore Orji did more than twice this list and we still consider him a failure in the SE.

So Tinubu's minions cannot mention even one legacy project so we can consider to vote the Jagaban?

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2020
forgiveness:

However, he began to work in the mainland in his second tenure. Despite the fact that Obasanjo withdrew Lagos state allocation for years, Tinubu built the BRT, dualized the Ikorodu road etc.

Moreover, I am not saying he has no flaws.
Stop peddling the lie against OBJ he withdrew Lagos state allocation. OBJ only withdrew the Local Goverment allocation Tinubu was never meant to touch anyway.

Elected Local Government Chairmen are the only individuals that can spend Local Government allocations.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 26, 2020
nku5:
Ambode built this ultramodern terminal at Oshodi. It's Ambode's legacy. Where Tinubu own?
Lagosians can point Fashola projects during his 8 year tenure and even Ambode that only served for 4 years. And Jakande projects from the 80's.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by forgiveness: 10:34pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Theodore Orji did more than twice this list and we still consider him a failure in the SE.

So Tinubu's minions cannot mention even one legacy project so we can consider to vote the Jagaban?

Theodore Orji did what? Bhuhahahaha! Bloody liar. grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by forgiveness: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Stop peddling the lie against OBJ he withdrew Lagos state allocation. OBJ only withdrew the Local Goverment allocation Tinubu was never meant to touch anyway.

Elected Local Government Chairmen are the only individuals that can spend Local Government allocations.

Is it not Lagos state allocation? grin
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by justified007: 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

I already told you I am not his spokesperson and I only mentioned few out of what his administration did in my LG and around where I used to reside. I am actually expecting some of his apostles to respond to your challenge and give a comprehensive low down of his administration's achievement.

But as a former Lagos resident and a witness to what governance was under Tinubu's administration, I won't hesitate to vote Tinubu if he's presented as a candidate for any elective post in the future because I know despite few of his failings , Tinubu will definitely perform beyond average

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by honeyB2018: 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2020
forgiveness:

First of all, let it be known that Lagos state was abandoned and left to rot by the federal government of Nigeria in other to develop Abuja.

They thought if the neglect all the infrastructures and move all the ministries to Abuja, Lagos state will loose its status as the economic capital of Nigeria but God pass man.

Prior to the time Tinubu became the governor of Lagos state, Lagos state roads were not motorable and was in the same state with what you see in Aba.

What Tinubu did as soon as he in was draw the master plan for the development of Lagos state. The same master plan is what his predecessors used are still using uptill date.

The plan was to rehabilitate, reconstruct, construct etc all the roads in the Island to bring direct foreign investment into Lagos state through that area. He fullfil that tasks and boom boom Lagos state witnessed inflow of investors which generated huge revenue for Lagos state.

That was why we called him the governor of Islanders in his first tenure.

However, he began to work in the mainland in his second tenure. Despite the fact that Obasanjo withdrew Lagos state allocation for years, Tinubu built the BRT, dualized the Ikorodu road etc.

Moreover, I am not saying he has no flaws.

With all the massive federal presence in Lagos state, if you said it was left to rot, what then will you say about states with little or no federal presence, like all the state in the South East?
You can see why people always talk about Lagos state. Where is Imo/Abia, in terms of federal presence compare to Lagos state?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by justified007: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

So who bailed out the Local governments whose allocation was withheld for 10 months ? Or you think their staffs stayed that long without salary for that long ? The state government paid the salaries and kept the LGs running throughout those periods

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2020
forgiveness:

Theodore Orji did what? Bhuhahahaha! Bloody liar. grin

Seems like Orji was a better governor than Tinubu grin

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
justified007:

So who bailed out the Local governments whose allocation was withheld for 10 months ? Or you think their staffs stayed that long without salary for that long ? The state government paid the salaries and kept the LGs running throughout those periods
Agreed the allocations were withheld for 10 months. Tinubu ruled for 8 years and his supporters are finding it hard to show his legacy projects.
Ambode ruled for only 4 years and he has legacy projects all over Epe and other locations in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Tinubu can't be that bad!We need his supporters to come to his rescue.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by henrysam(m): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2020
Gforce2015:
Another hatred thread from Nyamiri crew
Answer the question. Don't turn it to Nigerian factor.
Simple question. What are his legacies. If you don't know just negodu

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by justified007: 10:50pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Agreed the allocations were withheld for 10 months. Tinubu ruled for 8 years and his supporters are finding it hard to show his legacy projects.
Ambode ruled for only 4 years and he has legacy projects all over Epe and other locations in Lagos.

Tinubu's legacy projects are scattered all over Lagos state and it is only someone that's not been to Lagos or an hypocrite that will denied not to have seen that.

You guys should relax and I am sure someone will have enough time to give you guys a comprehensive answer

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
justified007:

Tinubu's legacy projects are scattered all over Lagos state and it is only someone that's not been to Lagos or an hypocrite that will denied not to have seen that.

You guys should relax and I am sure someone will have enough time to give you guys a comprehensive answer
That is all is being asked for. His supporters are doing a terrible job of selling him to the other 5 geo-political zones.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by SLAP44: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2020
justified007:

His legacy projects are so many, that's why we don't know any of them? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by forgiveness: 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2020
SLAP44:

Which audio legacy project? angry

You can fool others not someone who lived in Abia state for years. Ikpeazu is far better than Theodore. Imagine! Ikpeazu who failed nwga people is better than Theodore, that shows how much Theodore Orji failed woefully.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by forgiveness: 11:03pm On Jul 26, 2020
honeyB2018:

With all the massive federal presence in Lagos state, if you said it was left to rot, what then will you say about states with little or no federal presence, like all the state in the South East?
You can see why people always talk about Lagos state. Where is Imo/Abia, in terms of federal presence compare to Lagos state?

Lagos state was already developed before the entity Nigeria was formed.
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:04pm On Jul 26, 2020
They want to know what Tinubu did decades ago, but this is what they are doing today.

I'd think this should be your main priority today instead of Tinubu who is not responsible for your life or the backwardness in your village.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2020
honeyB2018:

And if we ask you to list the massive federal presence, you go dodge and run away..

Ignorant Igbos..

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2020
The OP's obsession with Tinubu is getting very worrysom.

He must start multiple Tinubu obsession topics everyday, this is his 2nd or 3rd Tinubu obsession topic in less than 24 hrs.

This is becoming Yaba left kind of situation and obsession.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot:
They want to know what Tinubu did decades ago, but this is what they are doing today.

I'd think this should be your main priority today instead of Tinubu who is not responsible for your life or the backwardness in your village.
Stop derailing the thread

Rule number one.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

And if we ask you to list the massive federal presence, you go dodge and run away..

Ignorant Igbos..

grin grin

Third mainland bridge you drive on everyday is one of them.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by honeyB2018: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

Ignorant Igbos..

If you are called an educated slowpoke, you will say one is abusing you.
In Lagos state, you are asking of massive federal presence?
I pity who sent you to school.

grin grin

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot:
The OP's obsession with Tinubu is getting very worrysom.

He must start multiple Tinubu obsession topics everyday, this is his 2nd or 3rd Tinubu obsession topic in less than 24 hrs.

This is becoming Yaba left kind of situation and obsession.

grin grin grin
You resort to derailing the thread each time with insults instead of answering the question. What are the legacy projects from 1999-2007?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2020
forgiveness:

Is it not Lagos state allocation? grin
Yes, for the elected Local Government chairmen to spend.
Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:40pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Third mainland bridge you drive on everyday is one of them.

Just one? I thought the other ipob said massive?

The niger bridge in your village is federal presence, the huge 2nd niger bridge under construction is federal presence so what is your silly point?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

You resort to derailing the thread each time with insults instead of answering the question. What are the legacy projects from 1999-2007?

Bringing balance and context is not derailing, it's part of the discussion, you come up with your story and other people bring up theirs to chasllenge your narratives, this forum is not a one way forum where you spew your ignorant and obsessive rubbish and go unchallenged.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

Just one? I thought the other ipob said massive?

The niger bridge in your village is federal presence, the huge 2nd niger bridge under construction is federal presence so what is your silly point?
Lagos was a former capital and enjoyed numerous federal projects. It was only after the attempted coup against IBB, the accelerated move of the capital to Abuja was made in the late 80's.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Legacy Projects From Bola Tinubu 1999-2007 Tenure by NGpatriot: 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lagos was a former capital and enjoyed numerous federal projects. It was only after the attempted coup against IBB, the capital was moved to Abuja.

I asked you to list the federal projects and you came up with just 1, 1 is singular, not plural.

Iet's have the list.

The thing is, you Igbos spew nothing but ignorant rubbish.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Gani Adams: NNPC Officials, Police Frustrate Efforts To Prevent Oil Theft / Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Speech (Full Text) / Internally Generated Revenue: State Governors Target N1.1 Trillion IGR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.