Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation (484 Views)

How Do I Solve My Problem Of Infatuation: Extreme weird love and likeness for me / Difference Between Love And Infatuation. / What Is The Diff Btw Love You And Love Ya ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation by Stargurl20(f): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2020
I'm seriously curious.

How can you describe missing someone so badly in his absence, but feeling not so... Interested once you're with him?
Re: How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation by NettyNelly(m): 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
When you love you are ready to sacrifice for the sake of the loved one.
Simply put
Love= sacrifice.

Get the best branding for your business. Check my signature
Re: How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
Stargurl20:
I'm seriously curious.How can you describe missing someone so badly in his absence, but feeling not so... Interested once you're with him?

you only need/want to feel desirable/needed/wanted when a person is after you (wanna see you etc), but then you dont really care about the person himself. you only desire the ATTENTION that person gives/showers you with when away, and you dont really care about that person.

that aint love nor infatuation...thats just you meeting someone (that you obviously dont dig) who says the right things that makes you feel "special".
Re: How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation by butterfly777(m): 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
There is a lot of wrong teaching on love and infatuation, as if they are different.

The truth is that infatuation is part of natural/true love. It is more common among teenagers and ladies and guys below 30 years.

It is a strong emotional attraction to someone of opposite sex. This emotion weakens with age and experience. That is why you rarely see a 30+ person being infatuated.

Mind you, someone who is romantically in genuine love with you can still hurt you. This is what people seem to miss.

Love is an emotion.
Anger is an emotion.
Jealousy is an emotion.
Being controlling is an emotion.

That is why people who only think about the 'love' and ignore the other emotions/characters do have problems in relationship. Bcus what is involved is not only love. Other emotions/characters if the person also matter.

But people still fail to see the true picture. They erroneously say if he loves you (romantically), he won't hurt you. That is false. Other emotions can rise and overshadow the feeling. After venting those negative emotions, the person may now remember love, and sometimes apologize.

So let's put it straight: infatuation is true love. And it takes more than love to enjoy a good relationship.
Re: How Do One Distinguish Btw Love And Infatuation by butterfly777(m): 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
Stargurl20:
I'm seriously curious.

How can you describe missing someone so badly in his absence, but feeling not so... Interested once you're with him?

Just as someone said, in your case you don't really love that person, you just like what you benefit from him.

Maybe the person is funny, or gives you attention,
makes you feel noticed, companionship, etc. You don't love the person, but you like something associated with the person. Just look well, you will identify it.

Mind you, that is neither love nor infatuation. It's probably neediness.

(1) (Reply)

I’m A Single Mom, And I Refuse To Keep Quiet About My Relationship Struggles Aro / Nengi Apologizes To Ozo (full Video) / Oh My God! See This Busty Breast Enlargement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.