Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes - Investment (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes (54482 Views)

Betting: How I Betted On Opposite Side Of Same Event And Lost Both / How I Turned N50,000 To 5.7 Million In 8 Months / Safe Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SavageMaster: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

Op has been introduced into gambling addiction. No matter the advice given here, he will still go back there over and over and over again.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Starkid3010(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.
lol y you to go play e soccer
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?
u still never learn o

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by mceze(m): 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

I deserve it, no doubt. And I regret it. Never throught I could do it myself until it happened.

I understand the point you're trying to make. But bros, country hard. Not trying to justify gambling or any of that, but I feel betting is better than theft. Without enough jobs and enabling business environment, I feel it helps to keep our youth occupied in the meantime. Assuming one plays responsibly, of course.

About the client, no, I don't intend on telling stories. In fact, I've been trying to make back the money from them. So far, I've made about 100k. Only difference is that I now bet more responsibly.

Thanks for your insight.

Sorry for your lost..I can give you 5 sure odds if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by mercy87(f): 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
2 years ago, i went from 100k to 30m and lost all trying to make it to 50m. i have regretted that till today

Guys, if you don't know the definition of greed. This is it.

4 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Deffjam: 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
e-soccer?god forbid
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by PhilipReigns(m): 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Thanks for your kind words, Emmy. I'm not a millionaire o. Actually staked a client's money.

Been running around to stack up before he places a new order for construction finishing materials.
The more u explain the more I feel you are lying
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by nurez305(m): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
Greenbirth:
Though I commented late but bro. If you want to win a big bet without stress. Next time

Find a football betting sites that offer jackpot of 5 matches or 6. Then bet all the options that is win draw loose for all the matches. Especially if the big teams are involved.

Then bet not jackpot now. The two big teams in that jackpot which you believe will be sure bet. You bet the two separate just straight win. Now if they win you hit both jackpot and the 2 separate bet. Then if even one looses then your jackpot alone will hit you big time.
I don't really get please, can you expatriate further please ?
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by gregng(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
So bro, quite unfortunate this happened to you. Dont ever think of recovery what they have taken from you. Cos u wil end up loosing more cash.

Just move on, its pains me that our successful footballers are good in opening bet games or companys to milk more nigerian youths instead to investing in industries that will better the lives of nigerians[color=#006600][/color]... E.g Kanu, Okocha, victor etc... Betnaija, sportybet, betking, accessbet, 1960bet, merrybet mention but a few
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by gregng(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
So bro, quite unfortunate this happened to you. Dont ever think of recovery what they have taken from you. Cos u wil end up loosing more cash.

Just move on, its pains me that our successful footballers are good in opening bet games or companys to milk more nigerian youths instead to investing in industries that will better the lives of nigerians.. E.g Kanu, Okocha, victor etc... Betnaija, sportybet, betking, accessbet, 1960bet, merrybet mention but a few
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
O P how i wish you contacted me , with that amount you should be making at least 2k everyday trading games with 1.50 odds.

There is a football trade strategy that guarantee 30% ROI every month.

Send me an email if you are interested : zimdante@gmail.com
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GalPissetzky: 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
mercy87:

Guys, if you don't know the definition of greed. This is it.
yeah i am definition of greed. with my strat i will still get something close before end of this year. but it will be almost useless because i lost a lot trying to chase my losses after that stupid mistake. so, if i win, its not really winning, its more like me getting back all i lost

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Femeto: 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
6ixT8:

lol. you think say if Na you hold that money you go get the gut to stake on Ciro? grin
I no fit stake 20k self. That shit is too risky.

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Starkid3010(m): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
don't deceive people, betting is 95% luck and 5% prediction.... Nothing like forecast.. The house always wins

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sonofElElyon: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I see that you have not learnt your lesson!
abujarealtor:

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by LegitDeals247: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
6ixT8:

which US are you referring too?

Kano branch
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Crochet: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
The spirit of greediness is all I see and your village people with their mirror. Two things are after you. U better quit gambling before you turn to a nonentity.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
Femeto:
I no fit stake 20k self. That shit is too risky.

staking any big money with your mind uneasy. Will blind you from seeing those suppose sure game.

One thing that I have came to realised is that; no matter how much you stake, if betting luck isn't on your side, you will eventually lost it.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sonofElElyon: 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
very soon your money will "expatriate" from your pocket..

nurez305:
I don't really get please, can you expatriate further please ?
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
LegitDeals247:

Kano branch
lol. betting b is illegal in the US. I stand to be corrected tho.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by FuckThaMod: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

I agree. Everything tastes bitter ever since.

Funny enough, I went back o. I won 70k, as I needed to raise money to pay the client back. Although this time, the maximum stake was 10k. Wish I was less greedy as at the time I did.
If you are really interested and serious I can help you out but you have to be very patient cos i rarely have a sure game.. And the only time I'm usually sure is 5mins to the start time, which means you have to be online asap and ready. Sometimes when the matches start i already know the bet would go sideways cos of a little change in the final second. Also, you don't rush betting, you don't put in your all no matter how sure the game seems, even if God comes down from heaven and tell you it's sure, don't put all your money still. If had 880k in my account and i wanted to stake high, the highest i would stake is 80k. All my games have backup, i don't play any prediction without a backup. 98% of the time i don't loose but i win good..
I've been in this game for 8years and if you see my record books ehn... Books i use to record matches from different leagues from different continents from season to season, you go fear. Also, never go into anything virtual, srl, ea sports and those shits.

In all my years of experience, i can tell you that the bookies designed the odds to favour them 99% and 1% to the true punters. It's not easy and the best thing you could do is abandon cos if you loose focus one bit you'll loose.
Bookies would show you a team that won 100 times straight and the one time you decide to stake they'll loose.

7 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by greatopec: 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
Pls OP stop and never go back. It almost ruined me. This matches are sometimes fixed. Do not even bet #100 naira again. Put your life together and start afresh. You can never regain your lost money. You will throw yourself into more debt.
Please brother ive been there before please.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by gabazin080(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

you never still learn abi
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Justarandomguy: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
I'm f*cked
I can imagine how u felt when u saw the time running out and those boys hasn't scored.
U must have been jumping like a cat holding ur head and crying. Telling urself "God which kind wahala be this. These guys should score naa". Then when u see FT u must have told urself "I don die. Jesus. Which kind wahala be this naa? God punish those boys oo. Their father there." U did this while holding ur head and jumping up and down crying. Then u picked up ur phone and wrote this post with regret and tears in ur eyes. U can't seem to forget the event. Every morning u hope it was a dream and it never happened.

Take heart bro. People have lost more. Say no to betting.

6 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Laboni: 7:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
How can you play bet with money that isn’t yours? You’re a novice in football betting and you staked a whole 800k+ And you didn’t even start with real game, e come be virtual? ... Well na greed and it’s unfortunate you learnt the hard way. If you must play sports bet, bet what you can afford to loose and also, make sure you’re betting with your own money.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by sonofElElyon: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
online forex trading itself is gambling or betting.. go and find out.. for you to make money, someone else must lose money.. additionally only about 5% of forex traders actually make consistent profit.. winning streaks never last..

dodelight:
why will you keep taking unnecessary risks? let me help you set up a forex account. my broker pays into your bank account (i use fxtm), you pay me a percentage of your profit as i do the trading for you. you can call me. 08188468026 - Daniel

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by NiCurious: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Know your limit, play within it.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Jeffy1206(m): 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Virtual is evil or those simulated games... Stay off them.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by vickydevoka(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
ODJ124:

seems you are Good at betting.. ...

I wish I can get games from you this week..
I can stake 100 to win 45-100k...
Wen u bet 100 naira or 200 naira u will be at peace. If u want to win game number one believe u should have in ur mind is, there is no sure game. Dats y I play mostly 12 or over 2.5 I don't care who win
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by vickydevoka(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
ODJ124:

seems you are Good at betting.. ...

I wish I can get games from you this week..
I can stake 100 to win 45-100k...
Lemme show u my last winning

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nairaland247(m): 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

In Burna Boy's word:
Dem no dey tell person
Ja ara, ja ara
You go learn your own lesson
Ja ara, ja ara
Everybody keep on searching
Ja ara, ja ara
For miraculous blessings
Ja ara, ja ara, ja ara

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Kemimarch16(f): 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Volkswagen90:
he should have give u that money
yes o

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30 / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.