Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes - Investment (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes (54460 Views)

Betting: How I Betted On Opposite Side Of Same Event And Lost Both / How I Turned N50,000 To 5.7 Million In 8 Months / Safe Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 6ixT8: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sleekmilan01:

What are u saying??

Has UK or USA outlawed sport betting??...it was strictly stated bet responsibly,just like those selling alcohol will tell u drink responsibly...if u campaign for sport betting to be scrapped,then drinking alcohol and so many other things should be scrapped

which USA are you referring too?
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by elisho: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
your village people kill you well

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by WizzyVine: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Chai 880k just enter fire like that Kai the thing pain me o

No o, 80k no enter fire, na the bet shop owner con chop am. The man don become rich wella.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by OBku4(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
joeyswift:
My brother egungun ,they told you be careful,but you wouldn't listen,now you don go express way

Him still never wan listen.

Dem dey beat drum him ear, "Egungun egungun"
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Shifi1: 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
maak400:

I don’t eat it but I know someone that does, I’ll give the person the contact on your profile
please DM also
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by MayorGold001(m): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
[/quote]
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.
[quote]
Trying to offset your bill and getting into more debts tongue ;Dsee gbesee

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by greenskittles: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

Stop lying mr man
Online betting is legal in the US.
Betmgm, draftkings, FanDuel, betrivers etc

The difference is they all have a way of controlling irresponsible gambling.
For example, you can do the settings such that;

You cant bet above a particular amount in a month.
You can also set the maximum amount of deposits.
You can even do self suspension for 1month, 5 months , 1 year, 5 years sef.

I wasn't lying, I just misinterpreted the law. My bad. Gambling on a site located in the US is illegal, but as long as the site isn't based in the US it is legal in many states.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by therajah: 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Betting is crazy. The day you bet that all players will wear boots, one player will put off boot that day and play bare footed!!

5 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SpicyMimi(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Klass99:

Please tell me you're not thinking of going back to bet some more.
That’s the spirit behind betting, once you start it’s difficult to pull off.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Joshmuch: 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
stagger:
He is still betting....unbelievable.
you wan borrow am the 800k?

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by eagleonearth(m): 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

So sorry about your situation bro. It's not easy at all. I've decided not to stake more than 10k going forward.

To recoup some money, I've kuku been trying to bet safely ever since.
That's the subtle plan of the devil to add you to his multitude of slaves called gamblers. By going back to recoup, you lose more and life becomes more miserable. Then a vicious cycle will be set up in your life. If this story is true, then the devil actually scored a penalty shoot out on you but decide not to go back. Look for a legitimate way to raise that client's money before he finds out and raises an alarm. Stay far away from gambling and it's appearances. God bless your soul.

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by CrazyOptimist: 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
greenskittles:

I wasn't lying, I just misinterpreted the law. My bad. Gambling on a site located in the US is illegal, but as long as the site isn't based in the US it is legal in many states.

Which site is not located in the US?
Oga o
Ok sha

Enjoy
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by wiseone28: 3:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Even me see what i lost in a day..
Betting is bad.

B920tepscpssze-5282567 B918tepsrccrap-5282567 B956tepsrccaqq-5282567

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Get in touch with me, you can recover that money, even today toady.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by JIREN01: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
vickydevoka:

If u have a land or ur parents have a land go sell it. Don't tell them u played gambling with it o. Jst tell them u were attacked, inflict bruises on your body to make it look real. Never u let ur client know about it, bcus that will be de downfall of ur career.
Badguy grin grin grin grin
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is why you need to have a staking plan and abide by it, 1 unit, 2 units etc
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GolDRoger: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=abujarealtor post=92226867][/quote]

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while.

my brother say No to VIRTUAL game becoz the odd is againt u to triumph

I knew[/] the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over [b]10 successive matches last night.

did u see Exactly why i said you should avoid VIRtUAL games?
For 10 successive games they score over two goals, but the moment u place that bet they all forgot their firing boots?
Na Scam

seems like u have already learnt Your lesson

am a punter too. If you still have the mind to ever bet aqain. . . I will advice u place bet on ReaL FOOTBaLL MATCH

VIRTUAL NA SCAM

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by thonyman: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

I deserve it, no doubt. And I regret it. Never throught I could do it myself until it happened.

I understand the point you're trying to make. But bros, country hard. Not trying to justify gambling or any of that, but I feel betting is better than theft. Without enough jobs and enabling business environment, I feel it helps to keep our youth occupied in the meantime. Assuming one plays responsibly, of course.

About the client, no, I don't intend on telling stories. In fact, I've been trying to make back the money from them. So far, I've made about 100k. Only difference is that I now bet more responsibly.

Thanks for your insight.
You will end up losing the 100k and any other fund you borrowed to recoup your money by placing more bet. That's for sure, you can argue in your mind but that's reality.
I have been in your shoes before.
Count your loss and move on.
You can't beat the bookmakers bro!

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by bigtt76(f): 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
That's why I don't dabble in what I don't know about - shares, crypto, MMM, sports betting etc are not for me undecided

abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

cry cry cry

@I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by God2man2again(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hear me, I received a revelation from God that I should not do betting long time ago

I thank God I followed this instruction.

No regret at all .

Fellow Nigerians, this is not the way to go.

Let's do something creative to move the economy forward.

4 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by dodelight(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by tonididdy(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

Why you come leave 8550 for the acct na... U for Ku Kukuma play everything finish.

... Anyway I understand your pain. I have being down this road before
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by tedwale: 3:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
If you had held back your greed and saved or invested this money with Sumotrust. This all wouldn’t have happened.
Shaa go to www.sumotrust.com and protect your money with good savings and investment opportunities.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by mohd001: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

So sorry about your situation bro. It's not easy at all. I've decided not to stake more than 10k going forward.

To recoup some money, I've kuku been trying to bet safely ever since.

why putting EVER SINCE in ur statement? but u said u jst started betting weeks back?

bro I never believe u. obviously ur story sound like a fiction.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SouthWestBlood(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
davillian:

Games no de again season don end
Except for FA cup and that game can go either ways...
Too risky to put a chip in

There are still games. Except you don't follow those leagues. Serie A & B are still on. China Super League Group games are on, Switzerland Challenge League, Australia A-League, Ireland Premier League, Mexico Liga MX, Scotland Premier League, etc.

Download 365Scores App on Play Store or App Store. That's the app I use to check recent form and previous meetings record with the teams about to play. It's important to also judge each team by where they are on the league table. All these together puts you in a better position to predict the outcome.

See example below.

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by membranus: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?

You never repent?

I pity you.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by bigjackass: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Goodman247:
Fake story, you have never did betting before, and you decided to stake somebody 800k,
actually only a newbie will do such a thing . An experienced punter will not stake 800k that doesn't belong to him say na sure game

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by MayorGold001(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
[/quote][quote author=stagger post=92250392]

You deserve to be caned.
The next thing is that you will collect money from another client to do the 1st one's work, start posting the 2nd client until you get a third, do the 2nd one's work and start posting the 3rd client, etc, etc.

I always pray to God never to meet someone like you. You guys are the epitome of everything wrong with this country. You used a client's money to bet. That client is probably asleep now thinking his work is ongoing, not knowing that a criminal like you is about to take away his joy for the rest of 2020.

Only God will judge you. Wicked fellow![quote]
Op easy..haba this harsh word didn't worth it
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by dingbang(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I actually dont keep friendships with people who are into sports betting, e get why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by JBoss25(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
flokii:
I think government should regulate or place a complete ban on anything betting.

The menace that started like play has grown wings, rendering most youths useless, depressed and suicidal.
it will only wreck those who are irresponsible, betting can also change lives

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by 080bjaked(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

cry cry cry

Sorry Bro. The virtual games are designed to favour the system owner. You can't win against them unless there's someone somewhere who's losing a bigger amount.
Also, I'm glad you figured this out early, truth is betting is addictive, if you had won yesterday, you'd still would have lost cos betting feeds on our greed. You've have staked an higher amount later one and would have lost.
Take heart Boss. Please stay away from it going forward.

Regards.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out / Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.