Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? (1410 Views)

Now You Can Bury Your Loved Ones In A Coffee Table. Viewers discretion See Pic / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? by yemisolar(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
From my little knowledge, I will try to answer some of the points/questions raised by @ seyi360

1) that dead bodies are exhumed and used for rituals is purely a demonic purpose - the body being remains/remnants of someone who has crossed over from one sphere to another - and nothing to do with the person who has crossed (died).

2) on the fight between the devil and the archangel Micheal, it was because Moses didn't really die in that sense. As a matter of fact they were only three in the old testament who didn't die - the others being Enoch and Elijah. The didn't go into sheol like everyone who lived and died.

That was why it was Moses alongside Elijah that appeared to Jesus on the mountain of transfiguration.

The fight was that the devil wanted to take custody of his body like every other dead but the archangel had to rebuke Satan and take his body to heaven.

This is a public forum so let me hang that there.

3) Joseph told the Israelite to take his bones away from Egypt was part of the tradition among the jews in which they always wanted to be buried close to their kinsmen in their land and nothing to do with resurrection.

There was little or not knowledge of resurrection in the old testament.

4) the Bible didn't say there was holes in Jesus's hands. Jesus told Thomas to put his hands in his (Jesus) hands and on his side. Obviously, the scar was there and it had healed. Otherwise it would still have been painful as it was only a week after the crucifixion.

His bone was not broken because the prophecy had to be fulfilled. But if it had been broken, it would have been healed and restored in the resurrected body.

5) the saying 'until the dead is buried their soul is yet to rest' is an African saying. It is not in the Bible.

What the Bible says is that once a person dies he /she moves to his/her destination waiting for the resurrection which will be in two phases by the way.

Again this is a public forum and let's hand that in there.

6) Joseph of arimathea was a rich man, a politician if you would call him today who had had personal friendship with pilate. Being a secret follower, he used his connection to get Jesus' body to be buried in the tomb he had carved for his own burial - it was customary for rich men to have their Graves carved in their lifetime - and not a necessarily a 'secure' location.

All these had little or nothing to do with His resurrected body.

What the Bible says about resurrection is that the corruptible will put on incorruptible and mortality will put on immortality. The body we will have at resurrection will look the same in appearance but not the same in content.
For instance the body we will have will have no blood. Will be able to eat but will not get hungry.

For the final time, this is a public forum and let me hand it there.

Back to the question, everything about burial is for the living; to achieve closure and have good memories. But as far as the dead are concerned, you could chop their bodies into pieces or even cremate them, their souls are gone and will put on a new incorruptible body in resurrection the day.

The question is : will it be in heaven or hell.
Re: Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
seyi360:
Your assertion of "let the dead bury the dead" negates the principle of Bible interpretation.
What you did is called" Interpolation" in Hermeneutics.
What Bible interpretation? Isn't your copy of the book, and mine, provided us in the English language? undecided
seyi360:
You don't interpret scripture outside of the context in which it was said.
Thus, the quotation is not applicable, what you did is an attempt to impose your thoughts on those words.
I didn't interpret anything, I applied simple English language comprehension skills to gain understanding of what Jesus Christ said there as written in English language, and what Scripture tells us of what really happened in His case. undecided
seyi360:
From where did you learn the body of Jesus was expected to rot on the cross?
For your other comments, they are grossly illogical.
Simple, logic...
* Jesus Christ Himself knowing ahead of His impending demise, did not rush to make plans as to His own burial, and we are not told that His disciples made plans of their own as to His burial - He did not put the care of what was to happen to His body on His person.
* Jesus Christ died and would have been left on the cross where it would rot with the other bodies as was the custom back in the days - history tells us that bodies were left for days on the cross to rot and as a warning to others who saw it.
* Joseph Arimathea, who was not known to Jesus Christ before His death (no record of the two men meeting is known), reportedly asked the authorities specifically for Jesus Christ's body so he, Joseph, could bury it, out of pocket by the way.
* The women that had been with Jesus helped with the burial but it was Joseph of Arimathea's family tomb, not Jesus Christ's own family tomb, or any structure that belonged to Jesus Christ's own family, that the body was buried in.

What can we learn from the information presented to us in scripture? Jesus Christ said "Let the dead bury their dead" and He practiced what He preached in all. undecided
Re: Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? by Jullima(f): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
I would love to cremate them and carry them with me everywhere I go. cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? by seyi360(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
nams77:

Let me weight in on this. Are in insunuating that right now in heaven, Jesus still has the wound.?
What samuelpeter said is correct. He resurrected his earthly body so that the disciples can believe.

When the saint will be resurrected, it is their soul that will be resurrected not their earthly body.
It is the souls of sinners that will also be condemned

I can categorically conclude that there is abysmal biblical illetracy on Nairaland.

The resurrected Christ has a hole in his palm , side and feet as the Bible tells us in his appearance to his disciples and it remains so till this moment because He ascended with the same body in the same state.

My dear , the soul needs no resurrection because it never dies. It can only be saved or lost.
The body is the only part of the tripartite structure of man that dies. Which shall resurrect to reunite with the soul to either eternity with God or with satan.

Please read your Bible well and attend Bible study classes before commenting.
Re: Where Would You Prefer To Bury Your Aged Parents After Death? by seyi360(m): 6:24am On Aug 01, 2020
yemisolar:
From my little knowledge, I will try to answer some of the points/questions raised by @ seyi360

1) that dead bodies are exhumed and used for rituals is purely a demonic purpose - the body being remains/remnants of someone who has crossed over from one sphere to another - and nothing to do with the person who has crossed (died).

2) on the fight between the devil and the archangel Micheal, it was because Moses didn't really die in that sense. As a matter of fact they were only three in the old testament who didn't die - the others being Enoch and Elijah. The didn't go into sheol like everyone who lived and died.

That was why it was Moses alongside Elijah that appeared to Jesus on the mountain of transfiguration.

The fight was that the devil wanted to take custody of his body like every other dead but the archangel had to rebuke Satan and take his body to heaven.

This is a public forum so let me hang that there.

3) Joseph told the Israelite to take his bones away from Egypt was part of the tradition among the jews in which they always wanted to be buried close to their kinsmen in their land and nothing to do with resurrection.

There was little or not knowledge of resurrection in the old testament.

4) the Bible didn't say there was holes in Jesus's hands. Jesus told Thomas to put his hands in his (Jesus) hands and on his side. Obviously, the scar was there and it had healed. Otherwise it would still have been painful as it was only a week after the crucifixion.

His bone was not broken because the prophecy had to be fulfilled. But if it had been broken, it would have been healed and restored in the resurrected body.

5) the saying 'until the dead is buried their soul is yet to rest' is an African saying. It is not in the Bible.

What the Bible says is that once a person dies he /she moves to his/her destination waiting for the resurrection which will be in two phases by the way.

Again this is a public forum and let's hand that in there.

6) Joseph of arimathea was a rich man, a politician if you would call him today who had had personal friendship with pilate. Being a secret follower, he used his connection to get Jesus' body to be buried in the tomb he had carved for his own burial - it was customary for rich men to have their Graves carved in their lifetime - and not a necessarily a 'secure' location.

All these had little or nothing to do with His resurrected body.

What the Bible says about resurrection is that the corruptible will put on incorruptible and mortality will put on immortality. The body we will have at resurrection will look the same in appearance but not the same in content.
For instance the body we will have will have no blood. Will be able to eat but will not get hungry.

For the final time, this is a public forum and let me hand it there.

Back to the question, everything about burial is for the living; to achieve closure and have good memories. But as far as the dead are concerned, you could chop their bodies into pieces or even cremate them, their souls are gone and will put on a new incorruptible body in resurrection the day.

The question is : will it be in heaven or hell.

The scriptures below should settle this controversy.
Ecclesiastes
6:3 A man may have a hundred children and live many years; yet no matter how long he lives, if he cannot enjoy his prosperity and does not receive proper burial, I say that a stillborn child is better off than he.
6:4 It comes without meaning, it departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded.
6:5 Though it never saw the sun or knew anything, it has more rest than does that man--

Verse 5 suggests that some factors actually determine how well a corpse rests. End of story.

As for whether or not Moses really died, its shocking what you typed. Please read Deut. 34:5-8 . Moses died and God buried him.

Burial is not just for the living, it affects the dead positively or negatively.

As to whether or not Jesus has a hole in his hand, feet or side. The Bible is clear on that. Jesus told Thomas to touch his side where a spear was thrusted. Jesus didn't say anything about his hands because Thomas already saw it while talking to Jesus.

No one can say with all certainty the state of the transformed body after rapture but we can make reference to Jesus' glorified body after he rose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Manage My Wife's Business, She Don't Take Her Business Serious / Hilarious Moment My Sister Saw Panla Fish Inside Fish Roll / Conceiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.