Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? (22570 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by BabaIbo: 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
This post is for intending grooms.

I made this post because it was one of the major reasons I parted with my ex(it was a serious relationship) few years ago, then I wasn't financially stable as I am now, so my decision was inline with my capability then. She told me she won't move in with me unless I do church wedding even after the trad. and she was serious about it. She wasn't ready to reason with me.

Considering the fact that majority of the men( those within the marriageable age range and above but are not financially stable enough to run everything at once) have the plan of doing the white wedding first, later on do the church wedding when they are more financially stable.

This led me to running a check recently and I find out that in some homes or families, they don't allow their daughters to move in with their husbands even after the men have paid their bride prices, until the church(or white) wedding has been done.

Dear single men, what do you think about this?
Can you cope with it until you're ready for your church wedding?

To the married ones, did you experience this?
How were you able to handle it?

MODs, please do the needful.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Elporo(m): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
My sisters moved in with their husbands after traditional. I have 3, 2 are married (trad, court, church) with kids

Once tradiitonal marriage is done. Girl is your wife. That nonsense na eye service.

256 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.

27 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Elporo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.

Some churches won't get couples married without traditional rites carried out.

Make I hear somebody tell me wife will move in after church. I go carry you go customary court - teach you some senses grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Elporo:

Make I hear somebody tell me wife will move in after church. I go carry you go customary court - teach you some senses grin
Oh,just because of the peanut you paid as bride price is enough to claim somebody's daughter abi. Mtcheww

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by ednut1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
There should be one wedding which is trad. All these ones are just nonsense and waste of funds

203 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Bola146(f): 1:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
sad Always cut your cloth according to your cloth not size sad why not do small traditional wedding and go to the court straight all in low key?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
ednut1:
There should be one wedding which is trad. All these ones are just nonsense and waste of funds
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by BabaIbo: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2021
Elporo:

Nna ehn, na that same thing my ex talk o.

There was a time her cousin got married while heavy i.e pregnant, I asked her "shebi you said your family don't do this and that, why is she pregnant before marriage?" but she couldn't answer but blab on about family rules/policies.

My wife dey follow me go home after our trad.

Anyway, I dey plan to do both on the same day sha, if not make I see anybody wey go tell me story sey na after church wedding. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by ednut1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding
no biblical backing for this. Only traditional wedding was in the bible

164 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by BabaIbo: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:

Traditional wedding is the real wedding, you can't have white without doing it first.

You can find it in the Bible but that can't be said about white/church wedding.

Where does paying of bride price take place?
Do you know prayers are also said in traditional wedding?

95 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Elporo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
BabaIbo:

Anyway, I dey plan to do both on the same day sha, if not make I see anybody wey go tell me story sey na after church wedding. grin grin

Dem think sey dem get sense. If dem know sey the trad useless, why them collect bride price.

No gree .. promise them thunder and lighting angry if they mention this nonsense to you.

Funny, if you accept. Your inlaws no go respect you sef.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by greenie77: 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2021
OP, what is your own family's stand regarding it? Did they allow your sisters/ female cousins go to their husband's house before the Church wedding?

4 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Righteousness2(m): 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
She was Absolutely right! That is How it is meant to be.

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
Culture cannot substitute the Place of the Church.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

That is Exactly what happened for my sisters.

These things are known right from the introduction.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
lipsrsealed
Like seriously,I don't know who impacted the mentality of white wedding being a MUST-THING into the brains of Africans......As a matter of fact,I think if we as blacks must
make this white wedding stuff a compulsory thing,then we must put it at the back of our minds that we haven't been completely freed from mental slavery undecided

I still dey talk am... Personally I won't do any white wedding.......Abi no be the same white wedding wey couples dey do,at the end,one party go still go cheat with his/her ring on ? undecided. Sister,if you say I go must do the white wedding,abeg no vex, shift go front small,you go see who you dey find for front undecided

Make Africans dey continue to dey deceive themselves......Oyinbo no gree do black wedding,but na we carry their own for head...So tay we even do am pass them now self undecided

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by overdrive(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Wedding traditionally is our culture. Church wedding is oyibo man culture. C'est finis.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by BabaIbo: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Elporo:

Dem think sey dem get sense. If dem know sey the trad useless, why them collect bride price.

No gree .. promise them thunder and lighting angry if they mention this nonsense to you.

Funny, if you accept. Your inlaws no go respect you sef.

You dey talk about "gree or no gree?"

Aswear, that talk above is funny. Me wey plan to give any babe wey I go marry belle before we proceed to the next stage. cheesy grin

No be when them get option them go bring up that kind talk? cool

6 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by GboyegaD(m): 2:21pm On Nov 13, 2021
It depends on how they sync up with their faith. If her believe of the bed undefiled implies until the vows are shared before God and the congregation as a witness, she has every right not to move in after traditional.

Both parties have a right to define what they want and how they want it.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Swinger60(f): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2021
Whatever works for the couple ooo.

for me, I have never been a fan of church wedding, I only wanted to trad wedding, do court and go home and rest.

So, after trad wedding, I told my hubby "Oya oooo Let's go". my sister brought my bags, I entered car, and off to my husband's house and village.

The thing is Couples should always do what works for them.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by greenie77: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
BabaIbo:

You dey talk about "gree or no gree?"

Aswear, that talk above is funny. Me wey plan to give any babe wey I go marry belle before we proceed to the next stage. cheesy grin

No be when them get option them go bring up that kind talk? cool

What if your babe no want the belle and goes ahead to......
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by lusid: 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
traditional wedding supercedes all that

15 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by yuping(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
The problem we have is that we don't believe in our self just because its called church wedding does not mean is going to happen in a church, during the traditional wedding pastors are also invited and they make prayer is that not enough for church wedding?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by BabaIbo: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
greenie77:

What if your babe no want the belle and goes ahead to......

She won't or let me say she can't...

A man should know the kind of lady he's with na.
Again, I go don dey play her the tape small small i.e I go don dey tell tell her codedly before the e happen. So when it happens, her mind go dey.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
NO

I didn't marry her for her parents
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by DropsMic(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lol..

Africans
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by simhosting: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Marriage is marriage,
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Peace081: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Once you've paid her bride price, na you get her be that

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by kennethfranc(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
I just pray sat I go meet person wey go understand me cuz if I must do church wedding then it must be Chapel wedding.
1. My family(brothers and some uncle)
2. In-laws and their few relatives cuz they won't completely agree.

Others who cares, nah for phone we go settle

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Atheistan: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Why not
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Hemanwel(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
I know the bible talks about consummation of the marriage, which is, doing all the necessary things you need to do, including paying of bride price.

To me, that means God already recoginizes her as your wife the day you pay her bride price. The so-called white wedding or church wedding is just to follow the band wagon.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Marriage Is Now Useless, No Discipline / Husband Wants Divorce After 24yrs. What Are My Rights As The Woman? Help! / Can I Do Court Marriage With Her? She Has A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.