Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults (37871 Views)

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest / Osinbajo: FG Can Seize Assets Even Without Corruption Allegation / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by jadyclem(m): 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/loans-china-can-seize-assets-if-nigeria-defaults-amaechi.html
Are buhari ministers and those holding key positions in his government Nigerians? What these people are doing is making it very hard to believe they are Nigerians. Some of us bashing the country is not because we hate our country but because we want it to change. But it's very obvious that these present leaders hate the country. How did we get here? How can someone confidently cede the sovereignty of his nation to another and still have the audacity to be vocal about it? Una sure say d person way dey aso roch na buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by angelfallz(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
truthstands01:
Its obvious China is mortgaging the world but only foolish leaders of some nations are buying into it by borrowing from them. One of the African presidents said only foolish African countries would be borrowing from China. Nigeria is in deep mess under APC.

Borrowing from The West is worse. They're now using aid to push for but not limited to homosexual acceptance, arbortion acceptance, etc
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Tunde835(m): 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Esseite:
This is what "loosing sovereignty" looks like...
damn
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

Bro, we are not talking about mismanagement we are talking about borrowing based on the expected revenue and the amount budgeted for

Mismanagement, corruption and every I'll is the problem with Nigeria and not resources
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

If a government is sincere there is nothing wrong in borrowing. Deficit budget is common among countries in the world. How do they take care of the deficit? By borrowing

All countries borrow. Show me one country that is not borrowing?

Since we have an issue with sincerity, then borrowing should never be an option.. and pls don't bother mentioning reasonable countries that are not on the same league with the nigeria ,the headquarters of poverty caused by mismanagement and criminals called the government.. Same criminals year in, year out
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by ajl: 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
The self-acclaimed "Giants of Africa" now an object of Mockery to the world. All thanks to our "Borrow Borrow" President who is barren economically, intellectually and socially.

Not only did General buhari made us the World capital of extreme poverty, he garnished it with the most dangerous country to live in....

Under the peaceful GEJ administration, we could boast of a fast growing economy, and less security issues, Surprisingly, GEJ placed us number one in the fastest growing economy ranking in Africa, but General buhari and his gang of Efulefu's had other plans.

Which way Nigeria?

Fastest economy, where? How many people did Jonathan lifted out of poverty? Were they not sharing money left, right and centre when oil price was over $100? They are all useless, both Jonathan and Buhari. There is no difference. Point to just one infrastructure that significantly improved from Jonathan effort. Just one.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
abduljabbar4:

What's your business with their internal affairs? It's their decision and if you want to know how ridiculous you sound, then imagine yourself saying that Nigeria will be forced to legalize gay marriage if it does business with the west. Also, don't forget what the so called democracies destroyed Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and now Venezuela. Also, they support the injustice of Saudi Arabia and Israel against the Yemenis and palestinians.

Again, going by your logic, then USA, France and even Japan have already colonized China since they have hundreds of their companies in China. Even Apple devices are currently manufactured in China (because of their cheap labour). If Chinese people coming to Africa to do their business and employ millions of Africans is what you call colonization then please, let them come and colonize us.

The west, as usual, is using their propaganda machines to indoctrinate Africans and get them to reject their greatest threat (China). Ever since China became the greatest partner of Africa, stupid theories have been coming up daily.

What China is doing can never ever match what the west has done and is still doing to Africans. Go and ask about how IMF destroyed us with their SAP during the 1980s. Go and read about how some African countries faced sanctions for choosing to walk away from IMF deals and grow their local industries. Look at how France is controlling our francophone neighbors.

China is selfish, Yes. But so is every other business out there. No free lunch exist but they are better for Africa. At least we get low interest loans with better span, get infrastructures that are critical for economic growth and still get employed by their companies. They are everywhere in Kaduna and Kano employing Africans and treating us as equals (save for a few exceptions) unlike the westerners that still see themselves as gods.

China is here to stay

go and read history of china, one of the oldest nation in the world and try to understand why most nations around china do not like to associate with her. China is parasitic and deceptive nation. try to compare how Nigerian workers are being treated in Chinese companies with America companies.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by wirinet(m): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
kayjay69:
Are you a paid commenter or are you in love with the party of the day? If you do not believe that corruption exists in Nigeria and it is the bane of our present society, if its yes to these three questions, don't bother responding to this.
I am not a paid commenter or a member of any party. I believe there is massive corruption in every facet of the Nigerian society from our families, communities to the national level. It pervasive. The difference between you guys and I is that I hate complaining without doing much about it. If I have a complaint, I take action or I don't complain at all.

If no to the above then I'll pretend you are ignorant on what has been happening in this country since its inception. So much so that you trust politicians and whatever BS contract figures they throw around.
I don't trust politicians at all. Politicians are some of the most dishonest people in the world. But, in the absence of alternative figures and information, I have to go with the figures they present. That's how things work, you have to work with the data and information you are given. I can't just guess figures out of the air.

I know enough to know that the contract is over-inflated. You want proof, do your own research as I have, google.com to your rescue and you'll have some guidance as to what the approximate actual figures ought to be.
It's you that that makes the claim, so the onus lies on you to prove your claim. You cannot expect me to be the one to prove your claims.

I am not saying the project is not needed. I am not saying all politicians around the world are not corrupt. I am saying our mode of corruption in this part of the world is very archaic and destructive. That contract as with just about most large contracts awarded on a large scale (I can name many but do your own research), can definitely be used for more projects. The real chopping should not be in over-inflating contracts, we are so bleeping backwards, compared to the rest of the world, that we need like 30 of such large scale railroad projects to even have a chance at being at a competitive country (read the vision 2020 document by Accenture prepared during Obasanjo's administration).
Politicians around the world are corrupt. Even in China which prescribed capital punishment for official corruption, political are being sentenced to death on a regular basis. The problem with Nigeria is that the general public condones and promote corruption based on tribal, religious, sectional and sentimental basis. I call it "she is our sister syndrome". We see the backlash from their people when politicians like I boring and Alamiesiegha was prosecuted and jailed.

As for how splitting the country helps us. The only reason for mass corruption on every scale is easy access to oil money at every level of government coupled with gullible, nonchalant citizens. You split the country you leave the SS to worry about their oil and be rest assured the ones who have the oil are not usually the ones that turn out to be best as you can see all around the world today. This will not automatically eliminate corruption in new regions formed but atleast it helps people in their respective regions fight against their individual govt free of tribalism, free of religious bias.

I agree totally with the blue quote.

As a citizen of one of the largest oil community in Nigeria, I can tell you that giving 100% of oil revenue to the communities will end in disaster. We will be worse of than Congo, the country with the most natural resources in the world. Even the communities itself will tear itself apart due to greed by community leaders, youth and traditional leaders. Then foreign countries will make sure that the region will always be in crisis. It's easier to exploit a country in crisis than a stable and peaceful one.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by j1mmy: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
THE STUPIDITY OF AFRICANS WILL ONE DAY MAKE THEM LOSE THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE, AFRICA!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by j1mmy: 3:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Evercurious:

Mismanagement, corruption and every I'll is the problem with Nigeria and not resources
Not really, the issue is lack of commonsense and citizen stupidity
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
wirinet:

Please stop wailing Jonathan's loss of 2015, even Jonathan is fed up with the wailing. The rail project did not start under those that shouted "change " from the West. It was started under Obasanjo. In fact it was president jonathan that signed the contract with the Chinese, but he did not fulfil his end of the contract. Buhari came in and renegotiate the contract.

The contract has gone far now, are you suggesting Buhari cancel the contract and abandon the whole project? What is your suggestion on the way forward?

And where did you see in the post that Jonathan signed the contract with such terms? Why are you so devilish like your master Buhari?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by kayrichy: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sri Lanka is currently suffering from this same problem...China seized their port since 2018

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
joyandfaith:

go and read history of china, one of the oldest nation in the world and try to understand why most nations around china do not like to associate with her. China is parasitic and deceptive nation. try to compare how Nigerian workers are being treated in Chinese companies with America companies.

Don't even bother yourself with that guy... so IRREDEEMABLE Zombie a person he is
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by j1mmy: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
webizone:

Exactly. Nigeria always make simple things hard. But, something might be going on behind the scenes. Maybe our former colonialists are involved in blocking our rise.

former colonialists made Nigerians produce children they cannot feed, leading to the massive rise in citizen poverty, overstretched resources, pollution. overcrowding in hospitals, streets and not enough to live on?

The only thing blocking rise is citizen stupidity and lack of commonsense!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
The self-acclaimed "Giants of Africa" now an object of Mockery to the world. All thanks to our "Borrow Borrow" President who is barren economically, intellectually and socially.

Not only did General buhari made us the World capital of extreme poverty, he garnished it with the most dangerous country to live in....

Under the peaceful GEJ administration, we could boast of a fast growing economy, and less security issues, Surprisingly, GEJ placed us number one in the fastest growing economy ranking in Africa, but General buhari and his gang of Efulefu's had other plans.

Which way Nigeria?

Efulefu d capital one k'ocho
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by pafra(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
Evercurious:

Since we have an issue with sincerity, then borrowing should never be an option.. and pls don't bother mentioning reasonable countries that are not on the same league with the nigeria ,the headquarters of poverty caused by mismanagement and criminals called the government.. Same criminals year in, year out

I will always understand the distrust between the citizens and government.

Should we abundan critical infrastructure because of insincere? . We can see results with the railways even though we can't guarantee the costs of the projects

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Guestlander: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
Evercurious:

Why mention only funds embezzled during the past regimes? What about the one your almighty and integrity filled Buhari is squandering and looting? Abacha loots nko? Foolish loots

Whataboutism? Tired old tactic.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by golddare: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/loans-china-can-seize-assets-if-nigeria-defaults-amaechi.html

So they think china be mumu, this is strictly business, I will even prefer china runs the train sef because politicians will still loots from it.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 4:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Guestlander:

Whataboutism? Tired old tactic.

Abeg go wash your face.. you dey talk with o e side of your mouth, buhari zombies
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Judybash93(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
WTF did i just read?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

I will always understand the distrust between the citizens and government.

Should we abundan critical infrastructure because of insincere? . We can see results with the railways even though we can't guarantee the costs of the projects

Handle corruption issues to the nearest minimum before all these big big unnecessary loans that we all know ll be rebooted.. we know the mr "intgrity" himself is the chief corruption officer.. so that loan stuff is not just it.. abacha loot with so such stories . Yet he still wants to borrow.. pls go get reasonable people that know what should be done and not all these almajiri schooled ministers and ass kickers like Amaechi and co they are obviously insane..
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by AmuDimpka: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
wirinet:

Please stop wailing Jonathan's loss of 2015, even Jonathan is fed up with the wailing. The rail project did not start under those that shouted "change " from the West. It was started under Obasanjo. In fact it was president jonathan that signed the contract with the Chinese, but he did not fulfil his end of the contract. Buhari came in and renegotiate the contract.

The contract has gone far now, are you suggesting Buhari cancel the contract and abandon the whole project? What is your suggestion on the way forward?

So where are the assets they would take
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by stacyadams: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
kayrichy:
Sri Lanka is currently suffering from this same problem...China seized their port since 2018
grin grin

Make them size naija abeg,,,,na on top locomotives train we dey talk for 2020

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Newboss(m): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Even bank sef, if you default, you go collect. Then you expect a nation to let you go free. Abeg, change your weed.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by dayoyak: 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
It is finished
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by wirinet(m): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Evercurious:

And where did you see in the post that Jonathan signed the contract with such terms? Why are you so devilish like your master Buhari?

Your wailing is beyond the ordinary. You need psychological or spiritual help to help you get over Jonathan's loss of almost 6 years ago.
Read the history of this railway contract to get better informed.
http://www.chinaafricarealstory.com/2010/08/real-cost-of-chinese-railway.html?m=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trwstockbrokers./2017/03/07/history-as-fast-train-service-takes-off/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by wirinet(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin

Make them size naija abeg,,,,na on top locomotives train we dey talk for 2020
No mind anarchist who prefer to die in our roads known as death traps than have the Chinese manage an efficient train system.

Abeg watin concern dem who manage the railways as long as it's safe and efficient.

Make Buhari borrow money to build railways (even at inflated prices) them dey wail as if Buhari dash dem from the billions dem don borrow before without seeing shi shi for ground.

Make Chinese takeaway over and manage the railway if Nigerian government steal the money and refuse to pay back the loan, dem still dey wail. Dem say dem prefer make dem dey spend 25 hours for road, that na if dem no get accident or robbed by armed robbers.
Abeg helep me ask dem, watin dem want?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by EBEk101(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Look at d way Chinese people dey even looking am for spilling that trash
U knw say d default go surly happen yet unah still dey borrow. Nothing gandollar no go see for edo state bill board
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by wirinet(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

So where are the assets they would take
The railway lines, trains and station the money was used to build.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Bar1941(m): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
webizone:

Guy, imagine being a landlord.
Okay, I come to your house and live in it.
At the end of the year, you Mr. Landlord pays me rent for living in your house. Meanwhile your wife and children are hungry and sick, and you can't take care of them. All while your fellow landlords are driving the latest cars and their families are enjoying.

You know what's more?
I can wake up one morning and tell you to sweep my door front and add steps there.

Judging by your comment, I guess you will like this type of arrangement.

And this is an example why ignorance is dangerous in our times.

What makes you a landlord in the first instance? You couldn't build a house on your own, you borrowed from me to buid a house and you call yourself a landlord!

The issue is if corruption could not allow the government to pay and the Chinese government takes over, they will run it as a privately owned company until they recover their money after which they will leave and the property will be for Nigeria. Get the simple analysis.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Danniedpastor(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:
Guys it's easy to criticis the government. Critically let's look at the situation of Nigeria.

Nigeria is a mono economy that depends on oil. The price have been down since the government came in it means, the amount realize from sells of oil can not finance our budget.

Please as Nigeria that want to see the country better let's list other forms of financing the budget outside borrowing.

Forget hate and let's talk about the nation

Bros, it is stupidity to go borrowing for the sake of luxury. We have survived without the train. They should have focused on other aspects of the economy.

Sir, the government can revive other sectors of the economy and get money for the project in future.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
wirinet:

Your wailing is beyond the ordinary. You need psychological or spiritual help to help you get over Jonathan's loss of almost 6 years ago.
Read the history of this railway contract to get better informed.
http://www.chinaafricarealstory.com/2010/08/real-cost-of-chinese-railway.html?m=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trwstockbrokers./2017/03/07/history-as-fast-train-service-takes-off/amp/

Did that project contain such clause as at then? That's my question...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

James Ibori, Gbajabiamila, Orji Uzor Kalu, Others Attend Terry Waya's Birthday / Wike Asks Amaechi To Account For N3Trillion / 2019: PDP Begins Sale Of Nomination Forms (cost Of Forms)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.