Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults (37880 Views)

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest / Osinbajo: FG Can Seize Assets Even Without Corruption Allegation / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
The loan to construct Ibadan to Kano rail is $5.3bn, and is being planned.

He said there was nothing wrong with the investigation but that it should not jeopardise the government’s means of raising capital for long-term infrastructure development.

Certainly, these loans are for the generation of our present undiscerning youths to repay. By then they would decide whether to bless or curse Buhari in his grave.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by MrSensor(m): 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
angry China is becoming the modern coloniser.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Kingrefreshed: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
dre11:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/loans-china-can-seize-assets-if-nigeria-defaults-amaechi.html

We don enter one chance for this country.

Let me ask! Can someone start killing this people so Nigeria will be fair because CAN NEVER EVER BE BETTER!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by anonimi: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2020

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by rottennaija(m): 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jakumo:
Given [s]that most projects being handled in Nigeria by Chinese Corona virus people, were awarded through criminal back-door deals that were illegally organized by looters in government offices, the nation of Nigeria is NOT bound by any recognized legal statutes, to refund a phucking dime to those greedy Corona virus invaders currently swarming over to Africa from China.

In short, there is no reason why Nigeria cannot emulate Ghana, by politely requesting most if not all of the Chinese Corona virus people, to kindly phuck off and return to their bat-eating homeland, where they will be free to poison rivers mining for gold, and to deforest THEIR polluted land, to plunder whatever timber is left for them over there in China - the land of a thousand deadly viruses[/s].

Hate is a disease

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Bkayyy: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
And I was criticizing Amaechi for not extending the railway to the east. I didn't know that my fellow igbo man saw colonization and counted us out. Amaechi you are a true son of the soil

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by anonimi: 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kingrefreshed:
We don enter one chance for this country.
Let me ask! Can someone start killing this people so Nigeria will be fair because CAN NEVER EVER BE BETTER!

Please see below why no one will kill them. undecided cry angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Angelfrost(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
SmartPolician:

There nothing wrong with the agreement

Anyone who borrows money should be ready to pay back

The agreement is that they seize the project in question not that the Chinese will take over Nigeria's government.

Besides, the project is profitable, so I don't know why Nigeria should default at repaying the loan

Let's stop making a mountain out of a molehill

"Making a mountain out of a molehill"??!... This is what you term this Nigerian situation??!...

Well, self deceit is your choice!!! Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Lagos Port is gone.. grin grin
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nigerian which way
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Bmaster(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
DaaaammmN Niggaaarr.
it isn't alright!!!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Charleys: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
abduljabbar4:
People are only making noise because it is China. Banks do this all the time. Fail to repay, lose your assets.

It is left for us to use the money wisely. As for me it's China over any western institution that is only specialized in telling us how to run our country and killing our local industries

It's better for the whites to tell you how to run your economy than China, a country of 1 billion people, they'll come to Nigeria to take over your jobs,
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by pafra(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
lexy2014:

Is Nigeria d only mono economy in d world? Is Nigeria struggling because it is a mono economy or because of mismanagement & corruption?

Bro, we are not talking about mismanagement we are talking about borrowing based on the expected revenue and the amount budgeted for
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by emmaQATAR5000: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Which way Nigeria by sunny okosun , anyway l laugh in igala dialect huhuhuhuhuhuhu
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Philipxxxx0: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
If Nigeria divide who is going to pay all this loans.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by sanyablaze(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
APC yaff sell Nigeria
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by anonimi: 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jakumo:
Given that most projects being handled in Nigeria by Chinese Corona virus people, were awarded through criminal back-door deals that were illegally organized by looters in government offices, the nation of Nigeria is NOT bound by any recognized legal statutes, to refund a phucking dime to those greedy Corona virus invaders currently swarming over to Africa from China.

In short, there is no reason why Nigeria cannot emulate Ghana, by politely requesting most if not all of the Chinese Corona virus people, to kindly phuck off and return to their bat-eating homeland, where they will be free to poison rivers mining for gold, and to deforest THEIR polluted land, to plunder whatever timber is left for them over there in China - the land of a thousand deadly viruses.

Are you practicing a comedy skit
You borrow money and are now finding excuse not to pay.
Na who send you? Are we not in court begging P&I for what the Yar'Adua cabal cooked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Orpe7(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
Reduce those bastards salaries and money spent on government
Then channel it to infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by lastempero: 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
They are defrauding china because soon there will be no Nigeria, the way iam seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by WizzyVine: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
This people have systematically sold us, knowing fully well that through continuous looting, repayment wouldn't be possible.

Gradually, we become Chinese slaves.

Giant of Africa, here we come.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Bmaster(m): 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bkayyy:
And I was criticizing Amaechi for not extending the railway to the east. I didn't know that my fellow igbo man saw colonization and counted us out. Amaechi you are a true son of the soil
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Borrowing is not bad especially when its used to fund key infrastructures and social services, what doesn't augur well with me is the sell of Nigerians sovereignty for loans, Amaechi in d process of trying to leave lasting legacy as a transportation minister has sold the country to the Chinese, for personal interests, this is who wants to become president! Nonsense! This infrastructure is a short term solution to a long term problem and would be short lived, so in making decision we should use foresight and think long term, cos the unborn generation are who would suffer the brunt of this useless agreement! Amaechi lacks foresight and the NASS should carry out their foresight functions which they are constitutionally mandated to! Amaechi as a matter of urgency should step aside and halt further implementation process till a probe and the terms and conditions of this weird agreement is understood by both parties, this strategy is how China holds country's to ransom including the US which is heavily indebted to China! The same carrot approach!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by honeyB2018: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
A presidential candidate in the forthcoming General elections in Ghana, made some uncomplimentary comment and Buhari and the country Nigeria recently, I waved off, thinking the man was just an attention seeker.
With this comment by none other than Amaech, I can now see and understand better.
Nigerians, be ready for another form of colonization.
Recovered loots, were re-looted, so what will happen to the loans and repayment after this government?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by gasparpisciotta: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Why can’t we print our own money to finance this project?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Finally sold Nigeria to the Chinese.

We all know nothing works in Nigeria so they gonna default on the payment since that's their default setting.

You'll soon hear that the money was swallowed by a snake.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Martinez39s(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Charleys:
The trick is to continue borrowing so that you can default on your debts and China can write off those debts.

Or keep borrowing while negotiating for Debt forgiveness grin
China will not forgive.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by IMASTEX: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sensible citizens are already planning or have adopted another country, knowing that Niaja has been mortgage by Nigeria politicians.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by samsard(m): 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
SmartPolician:

There nothing wrong with the agreement

Anyone who borrows money should be ready to pay back

The agreement is that they seize the project in question not that the Chinese will take over Nigeria's government.

Besides, the project is profitable,
so I don't know why Nigeria should default at repaying the loan

Let's stop making a mountain out of a molehill
The bolded is false. Abuja Kaduna railway for example is being subsidized. The problem is Nigerians think everything the government builds should be free

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by SmartPolician: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

"Making a mountain out of a molehill"??!... This is what you term this Nigerian situation??!...

Well, self deceit is your choice!!! Cheers!!!

I want you to present a logical argument

Stop quoting me if you cannot
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by kayjay69(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Mr Rotimi Amaechi is now the spokesperson for the Chinese govt in Nigeria. This level of treachery I have never seen, only a blackman will show this type of spinelessness.

We know you, dishonourable Minister, are only trying to safeguard your bank account. You could care less if the Chinese takeover any assets, you care more about your cut in the $5.3bn loan. A payment for all the devious and horrible things you did to bring the present day govt into power.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Bar1941(m): 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
I know our government is useless and may likely default from the agreement but the issue is even if China seizes the assets, they will still be in Nigeria they can't transplant them to China, it will still be for the betterment of our people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos / 2019: Tambuwal Feels Disappointed Saraki May Join Race After Promis.. / Femi Adesina Responds To Trump's 'Lifeless' Comment About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.