Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) (52625 Views)

Woman Chained And Paraded For Stealing From An Orphanage In Anambra (Photos) / Thief Beaten & Tied To Pillar After Being Caught Trying To Steal Keke In Delta / 70-Year-Old Man Caught Raping 10-Year-Old Girl In Rivers Chained To A Pole (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by jagorinho: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2020
Mo3891:

Selling a day old child to a ritualist, or "mining" the rotten skull of a cadaver, corpse , dead man, which is more evil

#StopBabyFactory
#BabyFactoryAudioBillionaire
lol, you dey mind the guy, is there a crime alien to Igbos? do you know how many skulls recovered in Okija shrine? they keep shouting skull mining but they are guilty of same.

Baby factory is a crime that should be punishable by life imprisonment, getting minors pregnant just for the aim of selling the babies off to the highest bidder is only a trick a barbaric group can pull off.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by frozen70(f): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2020
cococandy:

Thank you. You are needed and appreciated

Thanks, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by airoport: 11:06am On Jul 30, 2020
EngineerBode:
Feminists are needed here. They are only good at attacking decent responsible men. This topic will scare them. They won't even comment
Matrimonial squabbles degenerate to this level on account of lack of economic empowerment of the women concerned. Domestic cruelty/violence is a recurring decimal in this sort of relationship. The women continue to endure until it gets out of hand, as the man is literally her ATM. The husband is thus, the Lord of the manor! He can do whatever he pleases with his household e.g. he struck his daughter with the chain.
A fellow enterprising woman urging a housewife to find something doing would usually be termed a feminist, who wants to break the home a la promoter of divorce. I have seen so many cases like this, some resulting in serious injury and even deaths.
The way to go is for the States to copy the Lagos State anti-domestic violence law under the supervision of the Attorney-General's office. The Nigeria Police often treat these cases with kid gloves. Their lacklustre attitude on prosecution of abusive spouses have resulted in avoidable maiming and deaths.
I would rather my my child or relation is divorced than maimed or deceased! Peace!

1 Like

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by bukatyne(f): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2020
omenka:
Igbere, the least you could have done was to tell us what she said was reason why her husband did what he did. After getting her name, address and who did that to her, that should have been the next logical question: WHY?

Is journalism that difficult? undecided

I wonder o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by AregbeFufu: 11:11am On Jul 30, 2020
Collegenews:
Just marry a Yoruba man and save yourself the dramas. cry cry
https://www.nairaland.com/6023106/man-beats-pregnant-wife-death

1 Like

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by omenka(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2020
Exodora:

Matter it is she does not diserved that .
Wonder if you listen to yourself at all.
If some does this your sister or to anyone close to you how would you feel.
Very stupid comment. Does stating the reason why take away the severity of the the crime? In all other cases weve seen or read about, at least, the reason is provided EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT JUSTIFIABLE.

It is how journalism is done. This isn't market women gossip.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by airoport: 11:13am On Jul 30, 2020
godkiller:
The husband had his reasons though not justifiable.

Maybe she threatened to go do juju, sell his property, leave with the daughter etc.

That's why there's room for divorce, whether under customary law or statute. It's unlawful to assault, batter, maim, dehumanize and/or kill a human being just because you have issues with a spouse or any other person.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2020
IamWonderful:
Ebonyi?
The couple hail from Enugu, read oga
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by omenka(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
cheesy cheesy... Lol.. me self was like, why did he tied the wife grin
Toh, even a lady is wondering. It is only normal that in such reportage, such information is provided readers. Yet some nutcases are peeved at me questioning the nature of the report, as though my criticism of how it is reported in anyway lessons how serious I take the crime.

They simply want me to start ranting and raving and cursing the man (which or course he deserves) as though my doing so would make the woman's pains go away.

Mtscheeew.

1 Like

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by jagorinho: 11:15am On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:
now I see why Igbo ladies are rushing to marry Yoruba men most esp those out of southeast

it's only in Igbo land a man will spend millions for a lady's bride price only to either use her for ritual or treat her as animal

I wouldn't censored the truth, ladies are nothing but an inferiority entities in the sight of Igbo men. I think Igbo parents should add groom mental result in the required list of Bride price
10 years ago I was in Enugu, I will tell you that Igbo guys lack basic understanding of women, not romantic at all, that is why when these Igbo girls meet Yoruba guys, it is like a breath of fresh air, they are made to feel feminine after a long lacuna.
I usually pity foolish people that always shout that Yoruba guys are obsessed with Igbo girls, the Yoruba guys are just doing the lord's work in bringing happiness to igbo ladies and the whole stuff is mutual.
Not everyone is open to inter tribal marriage, some of us still hate the concept of blood mixing.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by AregbeFufu: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Mo3891:

Selling a day old child to a ritualist, or "mining" the rotten skull of a cadaver, corpse , dead man, which is more evil

#StopBabyFactory
#BabyFactoryAudioBillionaire
As disgusting and horrible as the baby factory business is, let's get it straight that baby factories are basically illegal orphanages.
The children born there are "sold" to childless couples who need new borns that aren't always available at regular orphanages.
Please, igbos don't sell babies for rituals.
Don't pull igbos into your abominable diabolical and fetish afonja practices.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by saajus: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2020
See natural beauty. How did she end up in the hand of a psychopath?
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by emkz: 11:19am On Jul 30, 2020
omenka:
Igbere, the least you could have done was to tell us what she said was reason why her husband did what he did. After getting her name, address and who did that to her, that should have been the next logical question: WHY?

Are you by chance related to Colobel Frank Omenka, that Abacha's notorious DMI boss who once threatened a journalist of being locked up in isolation for two months before being brought to him for questioning?

To your point, journalism is a business and an editor cannot run a story without bite that may hamper sales/profits. The main story here is that the woman was chained for 10 hours, which is abnormal and she was released. That in itself beclouds the reason for the chaining because only people in lunatic asyla who are threats to themselves and others are chained. He has violated the personal liberty and dignity of the woman (a crime) and his punishment is what would make news. His reason for committing the crime cannot be given prominence.

Please, I really still like to know: are you related to Colonel Frank Omenka?
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 11:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Hedonisco:
Let's hear some good news from Ebonyi for once.
They're Enugu people
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Opeyemi99ayo:
This South East ehn
anybody can do this bro.this isn't a tribal thing
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Ikennamurphy: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:
Ebonyi again shocked
They're Enugu people living in Ebonyi.. Read
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2020
Hedonisco:

As if you don't know what's going on here!

For the past two to three days i've noticed a concerted effort to dig out any kind of negative news about Ebonyi and it's russhed to the front page with immediate alacrity! If i was a nasty bigot, i could easily zero in on a particular state in any region and start hunting for nagative news to post on nairaland as well.....but i -and most Ndigbo- are juts not wired like that!
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Daddysidhan: 11:26am On Jul 30, 2020
The woman can't leave the man since the family have collected 4million in the name of bride price Lols, Na poverty Dey make people of the south East put all their hope on all their female child bride price all in the name of tradition
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by freemi(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2020
Hedonisco:
is it nt the state that d govnor is buildin flowovers everywer. .thot thats goodnews?
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2020
Some men are just unfortunate Can you imagine angry
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Exodora: 11:36am On Jul 30, 2020
omenka:
Very stupid comment. Does stating the reason why take away the severity of the the crime? In all other cases weve seen or read about, at least, the reason is provided EVEN THOUGH IT IS NOT JUSTIFIABLE.

It is how journalism is done. This isn't market women gossip.
Your comment still does not make any sense .
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by uuzba(m): 11:42am On Jul 30, 2020
airoport:

That's why there's room for divorce, whether under customary law or statute. It's unlawful to assault, batter, maim, dehumanize and/or kill a human being just because you have issues with a spouse or any other person.
Come be like, if somebody marries, keep small savings aside. In case of nonsense quarrel, just run fast and use that savings to rent another place outside the house till the quarrel subsides.
I know some persons can also run to relatives house. It seems women are more likely to be able to run out of the house in times of trouble than the man. Man like to hold the key and keep his property.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by uuzba(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
Some men are just unfortunate Can you imagine angry
You better imagine O.
This woman used her eye to marry this man by herself. They didn't force her.
Why didn't she know that this is how this man would behave at a time of difficulty like this?

Take time to look at character before marriage.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Bar1941(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Bar1941(m): 11:48am On Jul 30, 2020
omenka:

It clearly stated that because of his mistress perhaps the man was eating another meat outside, nevertheless does it really matter what she did to warrant that? Even if she kills the best the man should have done is to report her not taking the law into his hand.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Rawhumper(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2020
I am not Ipob,want to correct you that its the other way round.

Yoruba men crave for igbo women not the women,this i know and heard from yoruba men.Some even with their moiths said d can neva marry from their side....at least i hv heard 3yoruba men say it.

I dont support creation of Biafra but confederation of the regions,we still need one another.

I implore you to set aside your hatred and differences and back the igbos cos believe me the survival of other tribes depend on the survival of the igbos cos its only the igbos with the help of other tribes that withstand and stop the hegemony of the Hausa/Fulanis.

You can see how messed up the country is and the deaths in the midflebelts and core Northern areas all by the Hausa/Fulanis.

This is a clarion call for you to wake up and rise to support the igbos as long as there is one Nigeria.

DenreleDave:
Igbos at work angry Igbos are too razz and wicked..

No normal igbos will want to associate themselves with Igbos.... All manner of atrocities in south east na Igbos work, jst to spoil real igbos image..

No wonder, igbo Ladies rather come to yorubas for marriage than marry their Igbos sons and men.

We shall yorubalize all igbos women

We shall deliver them from Igbos cool

Watch out, only Igbos will quote me, just watch
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Kingrefreshed: 11:59am On Jul 30, 2020
Kosiso12:
Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (Photos)

A middle-aged woman, identified as Mrs Ngozi Chukwuani who was chained to a pillar for ten hours by her husband, identified as Uche has been rescued in Ebonyi State, IGBERE TV has learnt.

According to report, the husband who resides with the wife at No 1 Ike street in Abakaliki, the state capital reportedly fled with the key of the padlock.

Some of the residents who spoke to our correspondent revealed that Uche hit his daughter’s head with the chain while she was trying to stop him from beating Mrs Chukwuani.

Mrs Chukwuani was said to have been rescued by men of the Ekeaba Police division. The couple both hail from Enugu State.

The Special Assistant to Governor David Umahi on security and utility, the capital city, Mr. Nchekwube Saints Anakor, on Tuesday, who condemned the incident also instructed a welder to remove the chains from Mrs Chukwuani, adding that the suspect would be apprehended and prosecuted.

Anakor said: “This evening (Tuesday) at no.1 Ike street, Mr Uche Chukwuani chained his wife to a pillar in their building and ran away with the key. Thanks to Ekeaba police whose timely response saved the situation.

“I had to send a welder who cut the chain. One question kept on coming to my mind, what did this woman do to warrant being chained like a dog by her own husband. Does whatever transpired warrant such dehumanization?

“Always be careful in what you do for ignorance is no excuse in law. I am always on patrol till daybreak expecting to hear from you. The Neighborhood Watch is stationed in every part of the town protecting ur areas. Reach out to them for any challenges or call me,” Anakor said.

Mrs Chukwuani said her husband had earlier threatened to deal with her because his mistress is suffering.

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1359858/woman-chained-pillar-ten-hours-husband-rescued-ebonyi-photos/

The way Ebonyi people dey behave eeeh. Soon we will dash them to Fulani people kwata kwata.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by omenka(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
Exodora:

Your comment still does not make any sense .
It wasn't meant to make sense to a senseless boy.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by Bar1941(m): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
EngineerBode:

You cannot shoot with a sniper. A sniper is a person. He snipes with a rifle

The only mistake in the sentence was using the preposition 'with' instead of 'by'; someone can be shot by a sniper.
Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by OneMillionBoys(m): 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
[s]
Hathor5:
Thank you. I don't have such a pan but I know ways around it.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Woman Chained To Pillar For Ten Hours By Her Husband Rescued In Ebonyi (photos) by nkiliuzo(m): 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
what is wrong with ebonyi people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'How Nigerian Police Blew Off My Baby's Brains With Bullets' - Woman (Photo) / 2 Female Nigerian Fraudsters Arrested For Duping 7 Oyinbo Men Out Of £100K / Man Arrested For Allegedly Stealing Woman's Breasts Inside Bank In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.