Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US (26246 Views)

Esther Agbaje, Oye Owolewa, Nnamdi Chukwuocha Win In U.S 2020 Elections / Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by MT: 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
Trump knows he is losing this forthcoming election. He is clutching at every straw right now. Good thing is that, members of his party have condemned what he tweeted. Early voting starts in September.

5 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by blowjohn(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

So when it comes to Election, Trump agrees that corona is real and people should stay home until it's gone, but the same guy says Kids should go to school at the same time.
It all shows that his only interest is the 2nd term.
He is a selfish, racist, corrupt, and spoilt big baby.

But the US economy is not selfish, it's not spoilt, it's not racist and its certainly not corrupt
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by jadyclem(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
seunmsg:
Defeat is imminent obviously. Reminds me of how Jonathan also desperately sought for the postponement of 2015 election when it became obvious that he will lose.

How has the outcome of that election been thus far? That election was the biggest mistake Nigerians have ever made concerning this country. Jonathan's first tenure wasn't commendable but considering the opposition he faced from all corners I would say he tried and he would have done much better had it been he was given another chance. He was voted out by Inec, not the masses.

Messiah buhari that has been given the free hand to rule as he please and do whatever he likes, how has it been with him thus far?
May rescue come sooner before this sinking ship called Nigeria hit the bottom of the sea!
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by AfonjaBoston: 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
he can by executive order. He shut down government remember? He 100% can and will trust him to do anything within his power to retain that seat

Shut up man. You watch too many movies.
He doesnt have the powers. Don't be embarrassing yourself

3 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by diego101(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:
I wonder what his supporters think of this?

His bragging point has been the economy. This morning reports had it that the economy shrunk by more than 35% in the 2nd quarter. And just a few hours after the report is leaked, the clueless president wants to postpone elections.

you are in Nigeria, calling the president trump a clueless president

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Jimi24: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
A loser promised Americans winning.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by CrazyOptimist: 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
diego101:

you are in Nigeria, calling the president trump a clueless president

Who is in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by dangoteinlaw: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Shut up man. You watch too many movies.
He doesnt have the powers. Don't be embarrassing yourself
he goat, you ve lost your brains to those retarded instagram news or u probably watch gotv lol. My lil advice get dstv and replace instagram with tiktok so you can at least grow up. He can and he will and not even pelosy can obstruct him.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Elder0001:

Someone complained on the first page that the US economy went down 35%.
What exactly do these clowns want trump to do about economy? All economics in the world are having serious problems right now but someone these clowns think the US should be an exception.
Even if Obama was the president the economy would still go down by that 35%.
Democrats have so destroyed the country morally that everyone now thinks stupidity is just a norm.
Trump may not be so good at what he does sometimes but most of those that complain might not have done better.

Every country's economy is bad at this time but trust Nigerians to carry America matter for head when our country has already been sold to China. grin

4 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by linearity: 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Biafrannuke:
ok. I now understand you. protest doesn't spread corona virus but election does. Thanks for schooling me cheesy

I said it, you don't read much of anything....

There were protest all over America, more so in States with Democrat Governors, and less in States with Republican Governors.....There are still pockets of protests today in Democrat States including NY and NJ....but NY and NJ have flattened their curves and beat the virus (knock on wood), but it is exploding in Republican States.

Protests are done outdoor, the virus does not spread that much outdoor, hence there are outdoor dinning now, but voting is done indoors and during this summer in most places with A/C on, a good place for the virus to spread.

Lastly, all these are semantics....Trump does not have the powers to order that no mailing ballots and he does not have the power to change the election date. The truth is, it is very sad that, it is the Republicans that are calling to restrict mail-in ballots. Mail-in ballots use to be one of the huge source of Republican votes....This tells you that, the Republicans are loosing on this front badly. Trump would have lost three states in 2016 without mail-in ballots....and his message about fraud in mail-in ballot will only serve to discourage Republicans from using it which will affect the Republicans negatively.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by tammie24: 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
I concur
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by israelmao(m): 6:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
Everyone who has or hold the joker will always use to his or her advantage.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by CrazyOptimist: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
he goat, you ve lost your brains to those retarded instagram news or u probably watch gotv lol. My lil advice get dstv and replace instagram with tiktok so you can at least grow up. He can and he will and not even pelosy can obstruct him.

How can he?
On congress has that power.
The only thing he can do is to invite the military, and if that happens, come January, we will have the first female president of the united states, the speaker of the house ; PRESIDENT NANCY PELOSI. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by macjireh: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Watch D's and see that Trump holds d key to preventing America from d One World government coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtEePAGHEiw&feature=share
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by AfonjaBoston: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
dangoteinlaw:

Lol dumbo says Trump can delay the election by executive order

cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool cool cool cool cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool cool cool cool cool shocked shocked shocked cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sicko

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by AfonjaBoston: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

How can he?
The only thing he can do is to invite the military, and if that happens, come January, we will have the first female president of the united states, the speaker of the house ; PRESIDENT NANCY PELOSI. smiley

Allow that idiot to be disgracing his family

2 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
J111333:
Democrats have so destroyed the country morally that everyone now thinks stupidity is just a norm.
Trump may not be so good at what he does sometimes but most of those that complain might not have done better.

Every country's economy is bad at this time but trust Nigerians to carry America matter for head when our country has already been sold to China. grin

Their matter tire me.
Discussing about America when you don't live there.
I can bet my balls that 80% of Americans (if asked) don't know where Nigeria is.
Buhari is tearing this country apart but instead of them to focus on buhari they're channelling their energy to insult trump.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by ajailer(m): 7:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
Trump is an enemy of democracy and the world all over should be wary of him and his supporters. How can a whole American president even suggest the idea of postponing the election when other countries have been conducting theirs despite the pandemic.

American values is being eroded daily, Putin and Xi will be so happy right now cos their protegee is picking up their ways....

If Americans are smart people and not the bunch of spoilt kids am believing them to be these days, then I believe this will be enough justification for them to vote him out.

How can he even suggest that idea?

4 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by gassbee: 7:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Unless d US is involved in a war with another country weeeks before the US election, the date will never be postponed

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by mvem(m): 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Xisnin:
Trump doesn't care about fraud or inacurate result after all he believes in "winning"
at all cost.

He is scared that people who would normally not go out to vote may be tempted to
do so if mail in voting is made available.

His strategy has always been to enourage low-turnout which mail-in voting could render useless.
how did he encourage low turnouts in last election
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

People would rather vote a monkey than reelect trump.
He knows his game plan is disintegrating. Now he is desperate.
Yesterday 12,000 american soldiers were ordered to leave Germany, why? To please Putin.

Guy lock up your theories...it hold no water. Trump made it clear that there is no sense in trying to protect Germany against Russia meanwhile Germany pays Russia for oil and gas deals.

How is his action intended to please Putin?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
linearity:

Maybe because, he is winning among the non-college educated based on exit polls and his own acknowledgements?

Whose poll? CNN? Give me a break. We saw more polls four years ago.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

People would rather vote a monkey than reelect trump.
He knows his game plan is disintegrating. Now he is desperate.
Yesterday 12,000 american soldiers were ordered to leave Germany, why? To please Putin.

People would rather vote a monkey? Says who?

A Nigerian in Nairaland? Give me a break please�
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by MT: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:

How can he?

Which military? The same one that will bundle him out of the white house if he refuses to hand over power?

2 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by peacettw: 7:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Trump must have watched too many episodes of House of cards. I think it is time he weaned off the series and realign himself with true reality which will shock his core in November and in all of history.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
CrazyOptimist:
I wonder what his supporters think of this?

His bragging point has been the economy. This morning reports had it that the economy shrunk by more than 35% in the 2nd quarter. And just a few hours after the report is leaked, the clueless president wants to postpone elections.

Calling Trump clueless is idiotic. Focus on your mumu bubu
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by CaptainFM1: 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
We postponed election here two.
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by DexterousOne(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
J111333:

What are you and the person you quoted talking about?
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Biafrannuke:
People can come out to protest, burn church, houses and businesses without social distancing and it'll be OK to liberals but coming out to vote for a day won't be allowed. Mail-in ballots will never be allowed.

we're now beginning to see why we have corona virus.

do you know that mail in ballots has been going on for at least 30years?

3 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
CaptainFM1:
We postponed election here two.

stop comparing that jungle to a sane nation
Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by DexterousOne(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
mikezuruki:

Guy lock up your theories...it hold no water. Trump made it clear that there is no sense in trying to protect Germany against Russia meanwhile Germany pays Russia for oil and gas deals.

How is his action intended to please Putin?

Who told you American forces are in Germany to "protect" Germany?

Where did you guys hear that from ?
Oh! No wonder
You are listening to all these right wing networks

5 Likes

Re: Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US by linearity: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
mikezuruki:

Whose poll? CNN? Give me a break. We saw more polls four years ago.

I said exit polls and not election polls....the last exit polls were taken four years ago.

Trump himself knows this, because their own internal polling knows that, he have strength among this group, hence he refer to them as "my poorly educated"..or.."I love the poorly educated".

Even recent Fox News polls shows him loosing his strength among this group.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Taliban Don't Respect Humanity- Translator Gives Heart Stopping Account(Pix,vid) / Italy Slides Into Recession, Darkening Outlook For Europe / Kwabena Ohemeng Tinyaase Nabbed For Breaking Traffic Rules In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.