Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,383 members, 7,836,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass (69016 Views)

Nigeria's 36 States & FCT Ranked In Order Of Land Mass: Photos / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Terms Of Progress, From Best To Worst (see Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Babisha10(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Pls they should reduce Taraba state or better sell half to Lagos cos we re under develop....
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by g4gerald: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Afam4eva:
What exactly is this information supposed to convey?
Wait till they ask u current affairs in a job interview
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Yinksy09(m): 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Wow thanks for this information.

I came across this article of financial empowerment for women at the grassroots in Nigeria. Giving them the support needed to achieve this.

You can read about the epic article through this link .
https://www.fcmb.com/driving-inclusion/?utm_campaign=2020+Thematic+Brand&utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=Website+Landing+Page

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Neville660: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

...your response would get good support if it were true that the five states, or the region in itself, is a respectable economic performer.

You must find some other index with which to brand SE, land and economy ranking work against you. Lagos state is a tiny state but economic giant. The whole SW region is the top income earner for Nigeria and also the top culturally diverse society, and in land size the region is the biggest in the South.

So Ibos need to define new brandings, economic or geographic does not work well in your favour.

Your statistics are flawed.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Unconquerable: 2:08am On Aug 01, 2020
Big for nothings.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Dedetwo(m): 2:15am On Aug 01, 2020
richeeyo:

You are from the east
Thats all
Only a fool would say a major port city would collapse during a major war
, take a look at Yemen, Syria, Libya and Somalia
Their port city seems to be the only one that held the country, and the lifeline of the nation
So what rubbish are you talking about you this bl**dy illiterate

If you read what I wrote and still call me illiterate then it is either you do not know connotation of the words you use in a sentence or you are utterly idio.tic.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Dedetwo(m): 2:19am On Aug 01, 2020
legionISproteus:

Bakassi was Cameroonian territory even before the British took over administration of it after world War one. Do you know Cameroon was a German colony?

Please verify the period when Queen Victoria was the head of Great Britain before you make an ignorant assertion.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by holocron: 5:14am On Aug 01, 2020
kingsclass:

That's a naked lie.Read U S A history very well.

Na wah o!
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Uchasa(m): 5:49am On Aug 01, 2020
AustineJohn908:
I'm Proud of my state, Akwa ibom. we have really come this far.
We are bigger than Rivers in GDP and I never knew.

All this Rivers Children especially that one called #Uchasa shouldn't be dragging clothe with us again, we don pass them.

Ok thanks then leave our lands for us.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by legionISproteus: 6:31am On Aug 01, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please verify the period when Queen Victoria was the head of Great Britain before you make an ignorant assertion.
If you knew the answer to my question, you would not have written that uneducated message.

Do you know the difference between signing a treaty and being under a colony? If Nigeria signs a treaty with Ghana today, does it mean Ghana was under Nigerian rule?
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by hermesprogidy(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2020
Niger State is stupidly big. Travelled from Abuja to Ogbomosho years ago. O boy Niger State refused to finish. Spent like 4 to 5 hours of the journey on Niger State alone.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Nairalandmonika: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2020
sirp9898:
All this s w guys braging with lagos
why cant u guys brag with ibadan ado ekiti etc
but here in s e and s s every one brag with his own city
Lol, nor mind them jor, anything lagos. Apparently Lagos is no man's land, na all Nigerians get Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by dukeprince50: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2020
Lamasta:
Land mass is one economic mass is another...

But Niger State is enough to stand as a country with a huge land mass grin

Lagos state has the least land mass but is enough to sponsor the whole Nigeria budget as small as it is the billions or trillions coming out from there will develop the whole land mass of all Nigeria if there is no corruption.
Lagos state has the highest IGR, but the money coming from delta state alone beats lagos, when you talk about how much Nigeria gets from each state, Lagos doesn't beat any SS state but wen u talk of IGR, then lagos leads with a huge gap

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2020
how can FCT have such huge landmass??
Nations capital isn't supposed to be so large..
eg Washington DC, asf
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by bluecircle470: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please shut your putrid mouth for once. Anything Lagos is commonwealth. I wonder why most Nigerians have kept quiet about this point. Since Lagos was built on the back of Nigerian commonwealth, any revenue generated in Lagos must be shared as crude oil money too.

You foolish small ooo
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by sirp9898(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2020
You are right lagos is 4 all nigerians because we are they contribute to build it is just that it sighted in s w zone finish
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by AustineJohn908(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Uchasa:

Ok thanks then leave our lands for us.
Lol but you are in other people lands. from Lagos to ,Owerri, enugu, Kano, Oyo, Abuja and even Uyo self. so what makes you different from the ibom man.
If you had some thinking, you will see that Akwa ibom have caught up with Rivers in 10 years and finally become ahead of it in all ramifications of development and security. imagine what it will be like in the next 10 years, maybe we will be Dubai n you guys will still be Rivers.

Akwa ibom Ayaya

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Coder2Client(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dedetwo:

I visited Osogbo in 1979 when it was under Oyo State. I must say my stay in the city was memorable for one thing. During this period, Oyo State had three remarkable cities which were Ibadan, Ogbomosho and Osogbo. Ibadan was only place with image of a city. The other two were glorified villages.

What was the state of your town that year? Can you compare the town then to now?

This is 21st century, kindly visit the city again if only you can stand the properly to take a walk in the city to compare it to what you saw 41 years ago.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by UGBE634: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:

...your response would get good support if it were true that the five states, or the region in itself, is a respectable economic performer.

You must find some other index with which to brand SE, land and economy ranking work against you. Lagos state is a tiny state but economic giant. The whole SW region is the top income earner for Nigeria and also the top culturally diverse society, and in land size the region is the biggest in the South.

So Ibos need to define new brandings, economic or geographic does not work well in your favour.
The south south is the biggest region in the south bro in terms of land mass and also the engine block of the Nigeria state as a result of the natural resources God blessed them with, don't post unverifiable facts bro, without them the Nigeria state certainly cannot survive. Entire south south from Edo,delta,bayelsa,rivers,cross-rivers and akwa-ibom=84,000km while the entire southwest from ogun to Oyo down to ekiti,osun,ondo and Lagos =77000km. What then are you on about bro, where did you get your facts from. Let us say things the way they are please, we are not all fools, some of us will definitely check.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by themanderon: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

When you guys scream Lagos is an economic giant I am tempted to ask who made it so? The indigenes or the settlers?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by MetaPhysical: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
themanderon:

When you guys scream Lagos is an economic giant I am tempted to ask who made it so? The indigenes or the settlers?

The indigenes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by themanderon: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
MetaPhysical:

The indigenes.

Are you sure about that and can you prove it?
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by MetaPhysical: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by TheCork(m): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
vickydankal:

Don’t forget the people generating what you are making mouth are majorly not LAGOSIANS by tribe I mean.

Hello. Please do u have nyansh? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by TheSourcerer: 8:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
tehilah92:
So bayelsa is bigger than ABIA?
Ok oooo
I think there's obvious miscalculation
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by RuggedSniper: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by DMerciful(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2020
True SW have tremendous potential, why SW is afraid of Nigeria breakup beats me
olugabbie:

I don't think so. Lagos is coastal area that has enjoyed alots of investment from the Federal Government. Lagos has deep seaport, which will encourage international trade. Badagry is another location for another big seaport.

Lagos has it own crude oil. So i dont think Lagos will disintegrate.

South-West in general will grow very fast, if we split. We have oil in Ondo and Lagos. We have the seaport to export the oil. We have the refinary (Dangote refinery) to refine the oil. The facility can not be moved. Other South-West states has land for agriculture.

South-West will develop very rapidly.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by olugabbie(m): 7:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
DMerciful:
True SW have tremendous potential, why SW is afraid of Nigeria breakup beats me

SW is not afraid of any break up. It is the politicians that are afraid. Because they are cashing out big time & they don't want it to end.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by DMerciful(m): 7:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
But many Southwesterners on this forum are against breakup
olugabbie:

SW is not afraid of any break up. It is the politicians that are afraid. Because they are cashing out big time & they don't want it to end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abubakar Leads Alison-madueke To Meet Jonathan / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.