Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,005 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass (68977 Views)

Nigeria's 36 States & FCT Ranked In Order Of Land Mass: Photos / The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Terms Of Progress, From Best To Worst (see Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by lucasalves: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
emanobis:

It's not by Size and quantity... Quality and resources has it all.
Subtract is investment and business of most Easterners from some states in Nigeria, those states will naturally turn to Desert.

we are still waiting for the estimated figures on that... provide concrete evidence of your claims or just remain there chest beating.... why don't those great Easterners of yours invest in their homeland? you sir are talking in the nonsense.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Dedetwo(m): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
bigfish3k:
What is the relevance of this post

I guess facts buried in the form of entertainment. It is the reason you are on the thread.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by obimag(m): 12:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Isreal is 22,145 km²

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by LukasPodolski: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
Gforce2019:

This question comes to mind that why would Dangote build almost all his access in the Southwest and not southeast or northwest where he comes from....?
I think because of the huge limestone deposit in Ogun state.
Even lafarge cement, elephant cement all have their factories in Ogun state (I think a town called Ewekoro).

SW is very conducive for Business.

The population.

And the LAGOS factor, LAGOS is the face of Nigeria.

I may be wrong.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by blackjack21(m): 12:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Lemme see any idiot that'll tell me that Lagos is bigger than Imo Stae again...nonsense

That would depend on what you measure with- PRESTIGE or LANDMASS
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by JesusBorn: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
EVILFOREST:

The entire NIGERIAN Nation which you claim is BIG is SMALL my Brother.
CALIFORNIA State in the United states is Half the size of the entire Nigerian Federation.

TEXAS is 2/3rd the size of the entire Nigeria.
ALASKA is bigger than Nigeria+Benin+Togo+Ghana all put together.
These are just 3 STATES ooooo
Yet our Population in Nigeria is chasing that of the United States with the speed of Light.
That's the only DEVELOPMENT we are good at grin grin grin grin

No doubt the entire SOUTHEAST is small but it's 2 times bigger than Jamaica. grin grin.
QUESTION of the DAY:
Now if it's really small, why does the Nigerian Government find it difficult ceding such a small portion to self actualisation with territorial integrity, if they could easily cede a small Bakassi..?

I will like to buy you 3 cold Heineken �

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by chiefconerstone: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
The largest state should recieve more subvention because they have more space for development. >:�������
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by drnoel: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Lemme see any idiot that'll tell me that Lagos is bigger than Imo Stae again...nonsense

But u miss the point. Ask urself how come the landmass of Lagos state has more than twice the population of Niger and the population or Kano the largest city in the north just has about 2/3 that of Lagos? These are questions or o ask without bias.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by drnoel: 12:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
azadus18:
General babangida perform sum sh*t with Niger state

Now that's a very possible supposition but then would we ever know for sure?
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by hecomeshome(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
MetaPhysical:

...your response would get good support if it were true that the five states, or the region in itself, is a respectable economic performer.

You must find some other index with which to brand SE, land and economy ranking work against you. Lagos state is a tiny state but economic giant. The whole SW region is the top income earner for Nigeria and also the top culturally diverse society, and in land size the region is the biggest in the South.

So Ibos need to define new brandings, economic or geographic does not work well in your favour.

I think you should check again, because the facts are there. The SW(79665KM²) is not the biggest in the south in terms of land mass. It's the SS(84587KM²).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Dedetwo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
lucasalves:

yeah pick another story less than 25 years ago Dubai was a desert..

You could be correct. I need to go back to Osogbo and Ogbomosho. I learnt the glorified villages are now flowering cities with plenty of what got me there in the first place.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by mentored: 12:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lamasta:
Land mass is one economic mass is another...

But Niger State is enough to stand as a country with a huge land mass grin

Lagos state has the least land mass but is enough to sponsor the whole Nigeria budget as small as it is the billions or trillions coming out from there will develop the whole land mass of all Nigeria if there is no corruption.

tell them

landmass which should be utilized for economic purposes.

lying fallow in poverty head quarters

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by mentored: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
hecomeshome:

I think you should check again, because the facts are there. The SW(79665KM²) is not the biggest in the south in terms of land mass. It's the SS(84587KM²).

Thats why the country keeps shunning out old and foolish leaders.

When the youth keep thinking through the ANUS.

discussing rubbish when more important matters are left unattended to.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by big7: 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nigerians are not ready to grow.. Nigeria is bigger than the UK but can Nigeria cough next to them... Land mass doesn't equate nothing if you don't have good human resource

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Hunchogee: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
hecomeshome:

Yes, South South is the biggest in southern Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by mentored: 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

so thats your only worry.

You are not worried that most companies head offices are in Lagos Abuja or PH making these states the most attractive to young graduates and the working class.

increases revenues, population, popularity and attracting huge infrastructural development.

ndi uchu
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Biodun556:
shocked

Joe Igbokwe

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3085172521531229&id=100001155348708

igbo land goes far far beyond SE.

80% of rivers land mass and 50% of delta state landmass belong to igbos.

+ many more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Teddyaiyez(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
Edo❤️❤️
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Farki: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Please educate us on the places that depend on Lagos port. The silly or assumed dependent on Lagos port is purely idiotic and politics. The moment the shithole ceases to exist, the Lagos will have to compete with others ports in other nation states such as Warri port, Calabar port, Onne port, Bonny port and even Port Harcourt port without any silly federal government of Nigeria's directives.
https://nairametrics.com/2019/07/18/fg-records-n6-trillion-loss-across-sectors-due-to-lagos-gridlock/
https://nairametrics.com/2018/11/08/apapa-gridlock-may-cost-dangote-group-over-n15-billion-in-2018/
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Balogunodua(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

You could be correct. I need to go back to Osogbo and Ogbomosho. I learnt the glorified villages are now flowering cities with plenty of what got me there in the first place.
The entire southeast is a shithole potor caves.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Gracchus: 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
bigfish3k:

That is why I am also wondering why you people are so angry anytime we want out
Unproductive unity of nigeria is your sole aim and achievement.
You are calling yourselves glue, that u are the ones gluing nigeria together
What the fucck do you mean by we are angry because you want Biafra? Pray, tell me, which of our politicians have ever spoken against your Biafra or asked you not to leave? Has any notable traditional ruler ever asked you not to leave? Heck, did we block the road leading to your region and prevented you from leaving? Abi we are the one siting on top your Biafra thereby preventing you from getting? Get this straight to your tick skull, your biafra has no business to an average yoruba man on the street, he knows next to nothing about your biafra, likewise our politicians and traditional rulers don't give a ratass about your biafra, it's non of our business since we don't share land borders with biafra, neither do we share anything together whatsoever.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by richeeyo(m): 1:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Unfortunately land mass is not one of determinants in actualization of a country. The bolded is a misconception of elementary level. Lagos will collapse if Nigeria disintegrates.

You are from the east
Thats all
Only a fool would say a major port city would collapse during a major war
, take a look at Yemen, Syria, Libya and Somalia
Their port city seems to be the only one that held the country, and the lifeline of the nation
So what rubbish are you talking about you this bl**dy illiterate
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by onoja12: 1:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
The business thrive only because those states allow it to thrive not what is done to other tribes in the east,second the east has little or no resource neither do they have a water way,they are land locked,lastly you need land to develop and invest,as you can see the land space might even be too small for the eastern population.

quote author=emanobis post=92297406]

It's not by Size and quantity... Quality and resources has it all.
Subtract is investment and business of most Easterners from some states in Nigeria, those states will naturally turn to Desert.[/quote]
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by CodeTemplar: 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
The reason why buses will keep leaving SE fully loaded but entering half full. They have small landmass but by reason of spreading out, have population.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by bigfish3k: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
Gracchus:
What the fucck do you mean by we are angry because you want Biafra? Pray, tell me, which of our politicians have ever spoken against your Biafra or asked you not to leave? Has any notable traditional ruler ever asked you not to leave? Heck, did we block the road leading to your region and prevented you from leaving? Abi we are the one siting on top your Biafra thereby preventing you from getting? Get this straight to your tick skull, your biafra has no business to an average yoruba man on the street, he knows next to nothing about your biafra, likewise our politicians and traditional rulers don't give a ratass about your biafra, it's non of our business since we don't share land borders with biafra, neither do we share anything together whatsoever.
You think everybody will forget.
The average Yoruba man I have met on the street don't want biafra. So many of them including you.
Did you watch Tinubu station TVC on journalist hang out? How yorubas were ranting and speaking against Biafra and celebrated the python dance. How a Yoruba soldier used overzealousnes to injure himself in Abia state in trying to enforce python dance
Hope you read articles written by yorubas against Biafra yet you claim you don't have boundaries with us, so why all those write ups and rants on TVC
You can continue lying to yourselves but not me.
Even if you don't talk we understand your body language

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by onoja12: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Na only blavk man no fit see anything good about himself,i have traveled and i know that nigeria is better than 60% of the world

quote author=Franking post=92293044]

Wetin u and ur Nigeria don achieve? There are very small countries doing well unlike ur giant of Africa that can't even stand.[/quote]
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by Gabkosh: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dedetwo:

Stop the joke already. Lagos is very empty. The disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria will prove this to you in a hurry.
Like I said, you know nothing. Check the smallest countries in the world. Then come back.
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by TooGod247(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
is ur nigger mc toogod let me drop this one here , no wonder boko haram are doing well in dey north because dere is space for dem to perform wonder , shout out all my boko haram friend all over dey north keep bomb until biafra is free
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by wiseoneking: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
iHart:
One state is bigger than the whole Biafra
one state is also bigger than the whole oduduwa. Check it also
Re: Nigeria's 36 States Ranked In Order Of Land Mass by djon78(m): 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rolexjerry:

All these Lagosians overhyping Lagos State I tire for una oooo.
Just this morning, someone made a comment on how Lagos State alone could sponsor the whole Nigeria's budget in one of the posts here.
The other day another Lagosian said that Lagos was the state with the largest economy in the entire African continent, I was shocker than Buhari sef because Lagos was not even in the top 5- Lagos is far below Johannesburg, Cape Town, Cairo etc in terms of GDP alone.

Come back to Nigeria, Lagos made an IGR of ₦398 billion in the whole of last year 2019. That amount of money is not even enough to fund Lagos' 2019 budget which was set at over half a trillion Naira.
For your information, Akwa Ibom State alone contributed roughly that amount (₦380 billion) PER MONTH(not per year oooo) to the Nigerian economy in 2019 in the sales of over one hundred and eighty million barrels of crude oil at an average of price of 65 dollars per barrel.

If every state were to survive on their resources, you would notice how Lagos would be struggling to keep up with even the smallest Niger-Delta state.

The most important state to Nigeria's economy is Akwa Ibom State, followed by Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa States.
These four states alone produce over 93% of Nigeria's oil literally catering for the economy needs of the entire country but when we want to talk about financial muscle, only Lagos State comes to the fore.

AKWA IBOM STATE MAKES LAGOS' YEARLY REVENUE IN A MONTH.

Lagos is overhyped, Akwa Ibom is underrated.

Very truly stated
When you truly look at the numbers you find out that Niger Delta are the ones carrying this nation

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Palliatives Looting In Gwagwalada, Abuja, Soldiers, Police Watch (Videos) / Adamu Garba: Shekau’s Death Lesson To Nnamdi Kanu, Sunday Igboho / Abia State CID Set On Fire By Unknown Gunmen (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.