Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,540 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China (26888 Views)

Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve / Galaxy Backbone: Clauses Conceding Nigeria's Sovereignty To China Uncovered / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by pjc(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
favor914:
Mr I hear say, Arm Chair Judge, what do you know about governance?

I stand to be corrected. Amaechi is an appointed minister, wasn't voted. It's only proper he should be dismissed, replaced or swapped to another ministry as his principal sees fit.

So, Mrs know it all, please enlighten me more since you know all about governance.

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by lookingfly: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartPolician:
I was even defending the deal until I saw a video where Amaechi explained the controversial clause.

While I thought that the deal said that the Chinese should go after the project done with the loan, the deal, according to the minister, says that they can grab any national asset of their choice.

Only God knows what these idiots have been signing behind our backs until the house of reps exposed this clause. Nigerian government is not known to repay loans.

No doubt, Nigeria is technically finished
why should a minister sign such an agreement knowing fully the implications.....how daft!

3 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:
Foolish man from a foolish party.
Throughout his party’s 16 years misrule with huge crude oil earnings and foreign loans, what infrastructural developments can they boast of that can rival what Amechi has achieved in under 5 years with lesser revenues?

Dont mind the illiterates in PDP, thats why they cant build infrastructure. Amaechi did not concede our sovereignty over the rail line. All he did which is normal is concede our sovereign right not to be sued outside Nigeria incase we default. For the illiterates in PDP and their supporters all that means is that in the event of a dispute, the case can be decided in a Non-Nigerian court.

All it means is the Chinese dont trust our courts and said if we lend you this money and you dont pay we have the right to sue you outside Nigeria and Amaechi agreed.......nothing wrong with that!

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by chimauga(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
Is it not better Nigeria is sold off to China where corrupt leaders r executed on daily basis for little crimes they committed..
What have we gained from clawless Nigerian leaders some of whom didn't attend secondary school please don't have second thoughts on-selling Nigeria China it is a good welcome development after all we have already adopted RMB as our reserve denomination.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by ainas247: 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
ainas247:
grin This Country Eehehehehhh...
Every day Hahala... grin the funniest thing is if Amaechi is in PDP
Nothing Wrong...

Rank your business on Google fast
chat up
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
Phred1717:
After 5yrs as a minister of train...we don have one good functional train. Cluelessness

You too lie what is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7KyktZ9jI
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
E Don dey red ooo!!!!
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by vioment: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
A country where the president is happiest when he is not anywhere in Africa. Is that one a country. Where the leaders who come from the masses, look forward to travelling out for a while not just vacation. Egoistic nation but an empty vessel.

A nation where university is a criminal and prostitution breeding grounds, everything is done there but study.

Our mentality has destroyed us, and the more bad our mentality is, the more scattered pieces we have to pick up. Nobody is holding naija back but Nigerians. Idiotic ways are the choices we love. So we have to live with the consequences.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Chelsealivepool: 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nigeria jaga jaga everything scatter scatter my new name is now chin chanobi
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by nonxo007(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:
Throughout his party’s 16 years misrule with huge crude oil earnings and foreign loans, what infrastructural developments can they boast of that can rival what Amechi has achieved in under 5 years with lesser revenues?
For how long should we keep blaming the past ?

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Why they signed such a loan, with this conditions..... Is truly alarming......

Was it a deliberate act or an omission...... My mind queries.........

You can get a lot done by bribing key people.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Lexusgs430: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
BuddhaPalm:

You can get a lot done by bribing key people.

At the expense of the majority...........
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by flokii: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Amaechi and his Chinese friends are done for.. Never again will some idiots sign loans in Chinese language (not our official language) without full consultation of Nigerians only to be shared by some greedy idiats in government with abandoned projects everywhere

The Black man is definitely under a curse not to ever progress or think of such. Not as if they will carry a kobo with them when they die.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by jamalnation(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
APC will sell nigeria
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Omoejigbahe(m): 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

You are so dumb, so because of some outdated coaches of train, we will give away our sovereignty. All these bubu supporters, need to have their brains check. This is no longer support, but outright stupidity, bunch of deplorables.

3 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by RichDad1(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Omoejigbahe:

You are so dumb, so because of some outdated coaches of train, we will give away our sovereignty. All these bubu supporters, need to have their brains check. This is no longer support, but outright stupidity, bunch of deplorables.
You’re actually dumber. What did your Demi gods in PDP do with the huge oil revenues for almost 16 years?
Imagine what $2.1b Dansuki loot could have done? I’ll let your conscience be the judge (if you have one)
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by ajailer(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
For being unpatriotic, he should resign.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by SctDonald(m): 4:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
APC change is historical...!!!
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by bigiyaro(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
lolzzz...APC has finally finished their looting and sold Nigeria to the Chinese, o kikikikik....den go even keep the change from the sale sef...and I was tinking hushbaba was a scammer.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
iyke4:
Bode George actually has a point; these Chinese claim to be very smart when doing business, they don’t love us but they are here for what they can gain; it’s better we take our time with them than to enter into something which we can’t recover from.
You don't love eachother and you expect an outsider to come and show you unconditional love just like that? Of course the Chinese have an angle, which ever angle they have I don't see it affecting those guys up there. Na the common man go hear am las las.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Ejiod(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Is this a country...... just shaking my head

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by BreconHills(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lexusgs430:

There is a lot of ignorance over this point. It makes me wonder about the quality of thinking at the NASS. Waiving of sovereign immunity is standard in infrastructure contracts in Africa. Without those waivers, the lender or developer has no recourse against the borrower even if the borrower or client refuses to pay after the loan/build. In the case of countries with good international credit ratings, this risk can be passed to a third party such as reinsurance company that can underwrite the lender/ client risk partially or completely. Until Nigeria gets a good economic rating it will have to waive immunity. Usually Nigeria can help hedge default risk by using things like oil cargo as security.

It is a complete nonsense for anyone to imply that this has mortaged Nigeria. Which of them in his right mind would lend money to anyone if the borrower could deny the loan?

Its because they know Nigerians dont think once party or tribe issues are raised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by barragan: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you understand the terms of the loan?
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by barragan: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
BreconHills:

There is a lot of ignorance over this point. It makes me wonder about the quality of thinking at the NASS. Waiving of sovereign immunity is standard in infrastructure contracts in Africa. Without those waivers, the lender or developer has no recourse against the borrower even if the borrower or client refuses to pay after the loan/build. In the case of countries with good international credit ratings, this risk can be passed to a third party such as reinsurance company that can underwrite the lender/ client risk partially or completely. Until Nigeria gets a good economic rating it will have to waive immunity. Usually Nigeria can help hedge default risk by using things like oil cargo as security.

It is a complete nonsense for anyone to imply that this has mortaged Nigeria. Which of them in his right mind would lend money to anyone if the borrower could deny the loan?

Its because they know Nigerians dont think once party or tribe issues are raised.

Good explanation.

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by BigTableShaker(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Albagubraa:
They're all d same i.e COMMUNISTS
Chai!
We cannot go to USA, enemies too much, Islamabad don spoil France, Canada is too small for us, Germany?! na racism wahala.

Ma GOd help us oh!
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by jcross19: 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

Modify:
I can see a lot of you perpetual wailers are pained with my comment. Una never see chumchin. grin grin
This administration will continue to build massive infrastructures and name it after your useless party leaders to shame them. cheesy
Bunch of never do goods that are hell bent on dragging the country backwards with their unusual “share the money” governance style. undecided undecided
Imagine how the trains the $2.1b Dansuki loot would have gotten us? angry angry Indi ara
By now y’all should know there’s a new sheriff in town. Get used to it! cool cool
don't sound stupid try to read the op again!!! so you mean to be slave to Chinese is better for you and your generation! or you just posted your comment without the article !!!.

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Lexusgs430: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
barragan:

Do you understand the terms of the loan?

Not all the terms, but the issue raised regarding defaults....... Is more concerning....

Going by precedents of what the china financial institutions, have already done to a fellow African country...... We can draw our conclusions......
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Elsiedaniels(f): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
Here
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by earnit1: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
Oh
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Lexusgs430: 5:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
BreconHills:

Do you have a copy of the loan(s) agreements?......
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by SIONKPO1(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

Modify:
I can see a lot of you perpetual wailers are pained with my comment. Una never see chumchin. grin grin
This administration will continue to build massive infrastructures and name it after your useless party leaders to shame them. cheesy
Bunch of never do goods that are hell bent on dragging the country backwards with their unusual “share the money” governance style. undecided undecided
Imagine how the trains the $2.1b Dansuki loot would have gotten us? angry angry Indi ara
By now y’all should know there’s a new sheriff in town. Get used to it! cool cool
You dull oh,you said Dasuki stole $2b and no evidence has been found against him or Gej ministers,try to be factual in your analysis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Peter Obi, Datti & LP Gubernatorial Candidate For Borno State / Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.