Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China (26877 Views)

Amaechi To Nigerians: Whatever You Voted For Is What You Deserve / Galaxy Backbone: Clauses Conceding Nigeria's Sovereignty To China Uncovered / Ministerial Screening: Lawan Asks Amaechi To “Take A Bow” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by SIONKPO1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

As you god Peter Obi
You are just way too dull and ignorant,
Let me enlighten you,are you aware that fg still subsidies Railway Transport fares and are you also aware that its the Chinese that are driving the trains from IDU(Abj to Rigasa(Kd)
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by nsiba: 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Uchasa:

Even to spell idiot is a problem grin grin grin
Thats why Akpabio stole AKS money and thought he can do thesane to NDDC money, thinking everyone in the Niger Delta are illiterates like his brothers grin

Amechi wants to sell Nigeria.... Stealing from Rivers state wasn't enough, after this Africa is what he is going to sell
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by sixbon2000(m): 5:06pm On Jul 31, 2020

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by BreconHills(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you have a copy of the loan(s) agreements?......

No need. I have seen so many of such contracts signed by Nigeria over the years.

These are standard international infrastructural financing terms. I have been a lawyer for over 30 years - it's the ABC of infrastructure contracts. Without it a country or a foreign country cannot take Nigeria to court if Nigeria defaults. It doesn't give them control over Nigeria, it ensures Nigeria cannot deny it's contractual responsibilities.

But if you want to see the contract - file an application under the FoI Act. You will get it. No problem. It's a public document.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Energyking(m): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
Resign wetin? That's a fool's hope
But even if he miraculously resigns, it doesn't change the fact: we're in China's pockets now... at least it is now publicly acknowledged
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by 24SEVEN: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
It will be easier for an elephant to enter Keke Napep than for Amaechi to resign.

Moreover, Amaechi made a very nice deal with the Chinese. Amaechi does not intend to default in the payments so he ensured by putting it to paper. That shows a man that is certain of his assurances.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Captainrambo2: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:
Foolish man from a foolish party.
Throughout his party’s 16 years misrule with huge crude oil earnings and foreign loans, what infrastructural developments can they boast of that can rival what Amechi has achieved in under 5 years with lesser revenues?

Modify:
I can see a lot of you perpetual wailers are pained with my comment. Una never see chumchin. grin grin
This administration will continue to build massive infrastructures and name it after your useless party leaders to shame them. cheesy
Bunch of never do goods that are hell bent on dragging the country backwards with their unusual “share the money” governance style. undecided undecided
Imagine how the trains the $2.1b Dansuki loot would have gotten us? angry angry Indi ara
By now y’all should know there’s a new sheriff in town. Get used to it! cool cool
useless post..... na u and your family Ameachi go sell, not nigeria
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Ezmans: 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
TreasureTayo:
Wind don dey blow, we don dey see the yansh of fowl.
Happy Salah to Muslims

first time FTC. grin
we I'll live better in the hands of china than all these thieves in our government

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Ologbojo2023: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:
Throughout his party’s 16 years misrule with huge crude oil earnings and foreign loans, what infrastructural developments can they boast of that can rival what Amechi has achieved in under 5 years with lesser revenues?

Modify:
I can see a lot of you perpetual wailers are pained with my comment. Una never see chumchin. grin grin
This administration will continue to build massive infrastructures and name it after your useless party leaders to shame them. cheesy
Bunch of never do goods that are hell bent on dragging the country backwards with their unusual “share the money” governance style. undecided undecided
Imagine how the trains the $2.1b Dansuki loot would have gotten us? angry angry Indi ara
By now y’all should know there’s a new sheriff in town. Get used to it! cool cool
you're the most stupid idiot on this earth planet. How can you put sentiment on crucial issue because of party affiliation, so because amechi belong to APC we should clap for him for selling our future and unborn children future. Honestly you're a pathetic human being..... I spit on your empty born head

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by payloader(m): 5:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Amaechi probably did what he did to make sure these looters pay the loan no matter what, because this government hardly pay loans. Therefore, if they default on this loan, boom, no oil, no gas to loot. Zero income=recession. Amaechi just put them for siki one.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Read again and don't be stupid
This is the problem with most Nigerians, stupidity, that is also why they get kinda foolish thieving leaders they have.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by wirinet(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2020
isthatso:

Dont mind the illiterates in PDP, thats why they cant build infrastructure. Amaechi did not concede our sovereignty over the rail line. All he did which is normal is concede our sovereign right not to be sued outside Nigeria incase we default. For the illiterates in PDP and their supporters all that means is that in the event of a dispute, the case can be decided in a Non-Nigerian court.
If it is you nko? Will you trust a Nigerian court to adjudicate? A Nigerian court that made a note case submission on Senator Abbo that the evidence is on YouTube for the whole world to see. Have you ever seen a Nigerian court rule against the Federal government or any powerful individual for that matter.

The same people that are criticising the Chinese for trying to secure their loans will call OPC, Army and Police on anyone that owes them common N100,000. They will size their debtor's TVs, phone, fridge and even cars to recover their loan.

All it means is the Chinese dont trust our courts and said if we lend you this money and you dont pay we have the right to sue you outside Nigeria and Amaechi agreed.......nothing wrong with that!
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by sweetjohn(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

You’re actually dumber. What did your Demi gods in PDP do with the huge oil revenues for almost 16 years?
Imagine what $2.1b Dansuki loot could have done? I’ll let your conscience be the judge (if you have one)
I think you are a paid APC e-rats. we are talking about our sovereignty and you are all over the place talking about party. Are you sure you are ok. So everything is all about party to you. Spit on you dude... you should be more mature than this

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by wirinet(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
Ologbojo2023:
you're the most stupid idiot on this earth planet. How can you put sentiment on crucial issue because of party affiliation, so because amechi belong to APC we should clap for him for selling our future and unborn children future. Honestly you're a pathetic human being..... I spit on your empty born head
Since your are non sentimental and you enjoy from the oil and gas revenue of Nigeria, how do you propose we build our railway system so that ordinary people like us can enjoy rail services? Not everyone can afford to fly from Lagos to Abuja to do business.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by wirinet(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
sweetjohn:
I think you are a paid APC e-rats. we are talking about out sovereignty and you are all over the place talking about party. Are you sure you are ok. So everything is all about party to you. Spit on you dude... you should be more mature than this
Abeg explain the Sovereignty part. Will there be a Chinese man in Aso Rock or any of the government houses?
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Timfreds(m): 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

Modify:
It's really terrible we have someone of your type living with humans. May God help you or else you are damned.

2 Likes

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by sweetjohn(m): 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
wirinet:

Abeg explain the Sovereignty part. Will there be a Chinese man in Aso Rock or any of the government houses?
Please learn how to read properly. The writter of this post state it clearly that the Chinese will not take our military, neither will they take our government but they will take NLNG. Now, tell me, what is Nigeria without NLNG?

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by elvisco10(m): 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

Modify:
..see foolish pipo
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by abbey621(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
zeusdgrt:

And when they come for their money they own the right to the borrowing country's specific asset.Oga u can't defend nonsense

So how is this different from when you sign a loan using your car or business as collateral? How does this translate to selling the country to China? I hope you've heard of IMF or World Bank before, did you bother to read the loan agreements 9ja signed, how is it different to this one from China? Una just like to make noise instead of using logic!
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by wirinet(m): 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
sweetjohn:
Please learn how to read properly. The writter of this post state it clearly that the Chinese will not take our military, neither will they take our government but they will take NLNG. Now, tell me, what is Nigeria without NLNG?
Who NLNG help? E be like say you dey chop NLNG money. The same NLNG that was accused of not remitting money into the federation account for years.
Abeg dash the Chinese NLNG for a railway system that can get me from Lagos to Abuja or Portharcourt under 6 hours.

NEITI: How NNPC failed to remit $16.8 billion into Federation Account - https://www.today.ng/business/energy/neiti-nnpc-failed-remit-16-8-billion-federation-account-99233/amp

1 Like

Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by anigbajumo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartPolician:
I was even defending the deal until I saw a video where Amaechi explained the controversial clause.

While I thought that the deal said that the Chinese should go after the project done with the loan, the deal, according to the minister, says that they can grab any national asset of their choice.

Only God knows what these idiots have been signing behind our backs until the house of reps exposed this clause. Nigerian government is not known to repay loans.

No doubt, Nigeria is technically finished

Let's have a constructive argument, pls can you kindly show me where the minister said they can take over any asset of their choice??... Bro kindly check the vedio again, "Chinese can ONLY TAKE OVER THE PROJECT'S THE MONEY USED TO EXECUTE UNTIL THEY FULLY RECOVERD THE LOAN..." The minister simply refers to privatization of the rail transportation to Chinese until they finally generate enough money that was used to finance the project.

Basically, there is no anywhere in the world where rail transportation is done by government, it's always own by NGO while the government stand as regulatory body just as NCC is function as regulatory body to our service provider...
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by nedekid: 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

As you god Peter Obi
Rich dad, can't you see this is a serious matter that affects us all and for future generations? Or do you reside outside the country?
If loans (with our national assets as collateral) are taken to fund railways etc and the routes are not commercially viable to repay the loans, our income from oil has also dwindled, obviously there will be a default which will lead to our national asset forfeited eg LNG.
You cannot have income of 100k monthly and then take a loan of 50m from the bank to build a house on your father's land while at the same time using the land as collateral. You will loose both land and house to the bank because your income cannot pay the loan!
Since you mentioned Peter Obi, Peter I promise you would have used the loans on commercially viable projects/ infrastructure, then use funds generated to pay back the loans and from the profits, build other needed infrastructure.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Mandela27: 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartPolician:
I was even defending the deal until I saw a video where Amaechi explained the controversial clause.

While I thought that the deal said that the Chinese should go after the project done with the loan, the deal, according to the minister, says that they can grab any national asset of their choice.

Only God knows what these idiots have been signing behind our backs until the house of reps exposed this clause. Nigerian government is not known to repay loans.

No doubt, Nigeria is technically finished
so it is true Nigeria is gone?
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by wirinet(m): 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
nedekid:

Rich dad, can't you see this is a serious matter that affects us all and for future generations? Or do you reside outside the country?
If loans (with our national assets as collateral) are taken to fund railways etc and the routes are not commercially viable to repay the loans, our income from oil has also dwindled, obviously there will be a default which will lead to our national asset forfeited eg LNG.
You cannot have income of 100k monthly and then take a loan of 50m from the bank to build a house on your father's land while at the same time using the land as collateral. You will loose both land and house to the bank because your income cannot pay the loan!
Since you mentioned Peter Obi, Peter I promise you would have used the loans on commercially viable projects/ infrastructure, then use funds generated to pay back the loans and from the profits, build other needed infrastructure.

You mean to tell me a rail network in a country of 200 million people is not commercially viable? In that case road transportation is not also viable. A these young shall grow, chisco and all must be making huge loss. What about air transportation, they too must not be commercially viable.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Oxb90: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:

Read again and don't be stupid
Tell him again. He's left the truth and is busy attacking the man's political party. Thats the type of youth that will take over from people like Amechi
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by Lexusgs430: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
BreconHills:

No need. I have seen so many of such contracts signed by Nigeria over the years.

These are standard international infrastructural financing terms. I have been a lawyer for over 30 years - it's the ABC of infrastructure contracts. Without it a country or a foreign country cannot take Nigeria to court if Nigeria defaults. It doesn't give them control over Nigeria, it ensures Nigeria cannot deny it's contractual responsibilities.

But if you want to see the contract - file an application under the FoI Act. You will get it. No problem. It's a public document.

I never mentioned it given them control of Nigeria, but asset take over......
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by itzjaiz(m): 6:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by sweetjohn(m): 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
wirinet:

Who NLNG help? E be like say you dey chop NLNG money. The same NLNG that was accused of not remitting money into the federation account for years.
Abeg dash the Chinese NLNG for a railway system that can get me from Lagos to Abuja or Portharcourt under 6 hours.

Chai! this was the exact language of Essau to Jacob thousands of years ago. He thought it's nothing and sold his birthright to his brother, hope you know how he ended. Because of ordinary $400m you want to sell yourself to the Chinese that hate you. And who told you they (FG) will utilize the money to build rail for you. chai! is this how blinded you have become to the extent of trusting your life in the hands of the FG? Sorry in advance bro
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by obailala(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
iyke4:
Bode George actually has a point; these Chinese claim to be very smart when doing business, they don’t love us but they are here for what they can gain; it’s better we take our time with them than to enter into something which we can’t recover from.
A lot of Nigerians just have difficulty understanding 'big' terms.

Why should Nigeria take a loan from China and refuse to pay back, and still expect nothing to happen? of course the deal is that China takes over the rail asset if we default on the loan. What else were we expecting? For them to give us a loan and leave us alone? Is it everything we have to make noise about in Nigeria? With the ongoing noise over this issue, it just seems every Nigerian, both leaders and ordinary citizens are already so determined to not pay back the loan.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by executive12: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
RichDad1:

Modify:

Too many fools in this country.
Re: Ononuju Asks Amaechi To Resign Over Deal Conceding Nigeria Sovereignty To China by RichDad1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
nedekid:

Thanks for your counter submission and point raised.
I believe with proper management and accountability, the infrastructure can pay back the loans.
Nigeria as a country is in dire need of infrastructural developments and there’s no better time than now to start doing that.
We need to start looking away from oil as our major revenue.
Regarding the sovereignty issue, most people commenting don’t read the said agreement and fully understand what the clause actual means.
Trust me , no person will trade his/her country sovereignty for just mere loans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Invade Polling Units In Ondo, Shooting Sporadically Into The Air / Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi / Coronavirus: 50 Oil Cargoes Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.