Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,280 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (64757 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
Neddyogu:

And to think he perpetrates such academic fraud for as low as N2,500.

No wonder Jesus said "these honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me".

All diz churchie people ehhn, I dey avoid them like no tomorrow.
What's really academic fraud to you? Please explain.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by GreaterFuture1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

Sometimes, lying cannot bring you fame. Let your words always be seasoned with salt.
why would I want to tell lies, am I a Musician or Blogger that's looking for Fame?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
emmnprince:

You've not found the truth yet. The truth is not found in that organisation. I hope you find the truth revealed in the Bible, not in the Jehovah Witness New World Translation.
Strong's Greek 1510 and Strong's Greek 2316 means the same thing in Acts 28:6 and John 1:1

Bros, your delusion is unacceptable grin grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by SIONKPO1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
Jehovah witness not collecting Tithes and offering doesn't mean that they are better off to other denominations,FYI,its just their doctrine
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mentorme:

Ignorance!
Did Lazarus the brother of Mary and Martha resurrect before the death of Jesus (even though he didn't live forever) ?
JW is saying that to cover their lies.
That is not parable.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

@the bolded, and I suppose Lazarus went to heaven abi? Or if he went to heaven why did Jesus now bring him down to come and suffer on the earth again shocked shocked shocked
Your interpretation is not correlating oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
lomprico:

they hate gospel music I don't know why
What's gospel music to you? Most High by Flavour? Well, most of the songs are written according to the singer's beliefs, of which many we don't believe. Perhaps, the so-called artistes sing for money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mentorme:

That is not parable.

So even the stories of the Good Samaritan and Prodigal son aren't parables abi? Jesus actually was telling real life stories abi?
OK we've heard you.

*Modified:
Note that Jesus was talking to the Pharisees at Luke 16:19-31

But now notice at Mark 4:34, it was said about Jesus
“But without a parable spake he[Jesus] not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.” KJV Translation

What can you make of the above?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by xamuell: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
EzzyCarter:
I heard you guys don't believe in the concept of Hell/everlasting condemnation for unrepentant sinners because "God is too compassionate and he wouldn't allow his creation to suffer " cheesy so what do you have to say about the Book of Revelation where it was clearly stated that "Whosoever's name was not written in the book of life was cast into the lake of burning sulfur..." is this a joke to you or y'all have a different interpretation for this?
Honestly I'm still confused on that issue because some part of scripture say that but another says something else. But let me ask you this. The gift of God is eternal life to those that are saved. Are sinners in eternal punishment not also eternally alive? According to your standing, even the damned have eternal life
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2020
Bahamas95:
I wonder if it's one of the things they tell them in their kingdom hall. They are just so weird.

Could you believe my school mate who was a former witness is not in good terms with her parents because she now worships in Christ Embassy. Even her siblings hardly call her to know how she is faring. She is a strong girl and doesn't even give a damn about them, she is now a church worker there. Whenever she tells me stories about witnesses and why she left I can't stop laughing (Lol)...... Witnesses love and trust their fellow witness more than their own blood who is a member of another church. That's a fact.
Jesus did that too. Do you know?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by lomprico(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2020
Janosky:

JWs don't worship triune idols of Christendom, why would we accept music for their triune idols?

but you love secular music?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by mike272(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

Lake of fire? Can you cite where it's written in the bible?

The passage you quoted. Rev 20:15

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by lomprico(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
Janosky:

Jesus Christ command every believer to do so.
Matthew 24:14. Mark 1:13-15.

lol, ok

even though I dint see where anyone was told to knock on people's door
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by xaggar(m): 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
chelsea04:
Go and buy shares in a company you will understand the trinity well, 5 bought shares, the five are the owner of the company,all are one but someone started it,he that started it has the largest portion but remember all are very important as the firstman. Jesus is a God that was why he was able to forgive sin,bring dry bone to life and walk upon the sea, jw will find it so hard to understant becos the have no knowledge of spirituality,meaning the are carnally minded and understand the scripture in a carnal way that was why they wrote their own bible

Olodo!
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Neddyogu(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

What's really academic fraud to you? Please explain.

If selling prepared academic works to students who would present it as original works isn't fraud to u, then there's a big problem. Ever heard of plagiarism?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by lomprico(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

I did, well, in contrast. Read again. We believe in hell (the common grave of mankind) not hell fire (a false belief).

pls explain these verses to me, unless they are not included in the bible you carry.
Matt 5.22
Matt 25. 41
Rev 21.8
Rev 20. 14-15
Matt 10.28
Lk 16.19-31
Mk 9. 43-45
jude 1.7
ps. 145.20
Rev 14.11

thank you
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mentorme:

Ignorance!
Did Lazarus the brother of Mary and Martha resurrect before the death of Jesus (even though he didn't live forever) ?
JW is saying that to cover their lies.
That is not parable.

Matthew 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Elijah and Elisha both performed miracles involving resurrection during their lifetime but they both died and those they resurrected!

Jesus was speaking and you're saying it's a real life event but he mentioned Abraham who died long before them as if Abraham can talk in his grave, or carry someone on his bosom. That's why i asked you if you're saying it wasn't a Parable as JWs said, where was Abraham during the time Jesus walked the earth?
In his grave or in a place where he can talk when he has not been resurrected?

Jesus is the first born from the dead because he's the first to die once and was resurrected never to die again! Revelations 1:5

So my question again, where was Abraham when Jesus was relating Lazarus and rich man's case if you say it's not a Parable? undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by emmnprince(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
Janosky:

Strong's Greek 1513 and Strong's Greek 2316 means the same thing in Acts 28:6 and John 1:1

Bros, your delusion is unacceptable grin grin

It's okay.

That's what you are made to believe in that organisation. Right!

You won't accept the deity of Christ. I'm not surprised! A zealous and faithful member of that sect won't accept Jesus Christ as God.

There are passages in the Scriptures that referred to Jesus Christ as God. John 1:18; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 1:1-10; 2 Peter 1:1; Romans 9:5 to mention a few. But the translators and compilers of the New World Translation who were not versed in the Scriptures edited those passages of the Scriptures to agree with "their belief" and other publications and books by this group followed suit.

Without the "New World Translation", members of that group can't hold a conversation of the Scriptures in-depth because it was translated to conform their belief/doctrine.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by mike272(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

Read that scripture you quoted again. How can the said fire burn 'death' and 'grave' literally?

Are you deliberately trying not to understand or avoid what am saying?
It never said it will burn death and grave. Instead, it said, They will first be brought back to life. That is, they will become human first. While in human flesh their name will be checked in the book of life if their name is not found in the book of life( Which was based on how they lived their life before they died) they will be cast into the lack of fire. Rev 20:14,15.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2020
justt:

And do you think it's godly to write projects for others let alone selling already written ones? Well, I guess you may not know. Kindly desist from such. It's an academic fraud. Don't aid corruption in whatever guise.
It's open source and sold a guide, sir. Writing projects is freelancing.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by xaggar(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
zivility:
Why do u people not marry other Christians? And u believe you should love ur neighbors as itself.

Other christians who holds false belief? Beliefs like Christmas, souls still lives after death, Trinity, infant baptism and other fake teachings.
Hiow can we manage each other with these beliefs?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mentorme:

Even Jesus taught people with the case of rich man and Lazarus. Luke 16:19-31
Okay, let's assume you are correct. So you mean a tip from Lazarus' finger will cure the rich man's thirst? It's clear Jesus' illustration explained a change in circumstances. Think: why did Adam and Eve not go to hell? Weren't they the original sinners? Or does it mean God is now working with the devil (the one who cause Eve to sin) to torment people? Good reasoning is free, bro. You are welcome.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by xaggar(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2020
mike272:

It never said it will burn death and grave. Instead, it said, They will first be brought back to life. That is, they will become human first. While in human flesh their name will be checked in the book of life if their name is not found in the book of life( Which was based on how they lived their life before they died) they will be cast into the lack of fire. Rev 20:14,15.

Read your revelations chapter 20 verse 14 again please.
After doing that, please explain how death and the grave would be burned by the lake of fire literally. In other words; can death burn? Can a grave burn?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by lomprico(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
chatinent:

What's gospel music to you? Most High by Flavour? Well, most of the songs are written according to the singer's beliefs, of which many we don't believe. Perhaps, the so-called artistes sing for money.

so flavours song is the only one you picked, besides you people listen and dance to flavours 'ukwu' but detest his 'most high' is there something that praising God does to you guys?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2020
ImaIma1:

The bolded got me. Why do they criticize it?
His generic claims are false, ma. We don't stomach any sorts of entertainment against our beliefs -- we don't welcome vulgar, violent or immoral sorts of entertainment. About gospel music as said, we cannot embraces songs that credit what we don't believe too; songs of trinity, Christmas etc.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
xaggar:

Read your revelations chapter 20 verse 14 again please.
After doing that, please explain how death and the grave would be burned by the lake of fire literally. In other words; can death burn? Can a grave burn?

The Catholic Church fabricated the idea from Babylonian culture and Greek philosopher, they used it to instill fear in the minds of those who refuses to accept the supremacy of the Pope in Rome.

But today's Churchgoer will tell you Catholic Church are bowing to idols yet they're still keeping all the doctrines of Catholics even now that the Catholics have debunked the idea! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by earnit3: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
oh
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by xaggar(m): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
emmnprince:

It's okay.

That's what you are made to believe in that organisation. Right!

You won't accept the deity of Christ. I'm not surprised! A zealous and faithful member of that sect won't accept Jesus Christ as God.

There are passages in the Scriptures that referred to Jesus Christ as God. John 1:18; Acts 20:28; Hebrews 1:1-10; 2 Peter 1:1; Romans 9:5 to mention a few. But the translators and compilers of the New World Translation who were not versed in the Scriptures edited those passages of the Scriptures to agree with "their belief" and other publications and books by this group followed suit.

Without the "New World Translation", members of that group can't hold a conversation of the Scriptures in-depth because it was translated to conform their belief/doctrine.

You quoted acts 20 vs 28.
Could you explain that verse in relation to Christ being Jehovah?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by emmnprince(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
xaggar:

The verse is self-explanatory. If you don't understand it, feel free to consult your Greek commentary.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by emmnprince(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
xaggar:

The verse is self-explanatory. If you don't understand it, feel free to consult your Greek commentaries.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
mike272:

It never said it will burn death and grave. Instead, it said, They will first be brought back to life. That is, they will become human first.
While in human flesh their name will be checked in the book of life if their name is not found in the book of life( Which was based on how they lived their life before they died) they will be cast into the lack of fire. Rev 20:14,15.
@bolded
My God! I'm in tears grin grin grin grin grin
So ‘death’ now will be brought to life? angry
You can do better abeg cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (37) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor In America Surprises His Wife On Her 50th Birthday (Video, Pics) / Prophet Ebelenna Chukwu Sprays Money Non Stop At A Wedding / Carissa Sharon Oyakhilome Weds Phillip Frimpong In October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.