Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity (3892 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 1:23pm On Aug 02, 2020
AntiChristian:
Allah says:
And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat: and that is the right religion.
Qur'an 98:5

Their reward with Allah will be gardens of perpetual residence beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them and they with Him. That is for whoever has feared his Lord.
Qur'an 98:8

On YOUR lie No.1:
According to the Koran, Mohamed was not sure whether Allah would save him:

Or do they say, 'He has forged it'? Say: 'If I have forged it, you have no power to help me against Allah.

He knows very well what you are pressing upon; He suffices as a witness between me and you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' Say: 'I am not an innovation among the Messengers, and I know not what shall be done with me or with you. I only follow what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.' S. 46:8-9

The so-called authentic narrations make it clear that Mohamed was speaking in respect to his eternal fate:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

AntiChristian, do you still doubt me that Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth?

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
AntiChristian:

To bust this lie you need to read the verses OP quoted and get the context...
... ... ...
The word was also explained in 3:47.

On YOUR lie No.2:
Jesus as the Word of God in the Koran.

The Koran has much to say about the Christian faith, speaking at times favourably and at others unfavourably, but perhaps the most interesting verse of all on the whole subject of Christians and their beliefs is this one:

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which he bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for God is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs. Chapter 4.171

AntiChristian, did you see 'Christ Jesus' referring to Jesus' messiahship as saviour and 'His Word' which the OP mentioned?

Do still see Islam speaking from both sides of the mouth in this verse?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
On YOUR lie No.2:

The Koran has much to say about the Christian faith, speaking at times favourably and at others unfavourably, but perhaps the most interesting verse of all on the whole subject of Christians and their beliefs is this one:

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which he bestowed on Mary, and a Spirit proceeding from him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for God is One God: Glory be to Him: (Far exalted is He) above having a son. To him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs. Chapter 4.171

AntiChristian, did you see 'Christ Jesus' referring to Jesus' messiahship as saviour and 'His Word' which the OP mentioned?

Islamically the term "Word" means a command from Allah he only says 'Be and it will be".

Qur'an 3:45
(Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."

Christians says Jesus is the word of God (literally
voice) when explaining concept of trinity, does that mean God does not have a voice of his own?

Can your God speak without Jesus involved because Allah can or what does word of God mean?

Also who spoke here is it the father, son or Holy Spirit?

Mark 1:11
11And there came a voice [j]out from within heaven, You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.(D)

Is it that there are more than word of God/Jesus or what do you mean by word of God.

kindly explain concept of trinity?
Is the word of God/Jesus part of creation or creator?
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by paix(m): 3:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
danyero:
From fire to frying pan
To refine the gold, it needs to go through the fire.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by xproducer: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
The Lord JESUS CHRIST is the only Savior!

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

Blessings!

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
haekymbahdx:

Islamically the term "Word" means a command from Allah he only says 'Be and it will be".
(Remember) when the .... ....

I gave you chapter 4:171.
That portion is not agreeing with the explanation you're attempting to conjure.

"Christ Jesus was.....[b]and His Word
...."

Give Islamic scholars position on it and not your personal idea.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by Samunique(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
haekymbahdx:

(Remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam (Mary)! Verily, Allah gives you the glad tidings of a Word ["Be!" - and he was! i.e. 'Iesa (Jesus) the son of Maryam (Mary)] from Him, his name will be the Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), the son of Maryam (Mary), held in honour in this world and in the Hereafter, and will be one of those who are near to Allah."

Christians says Jesus is the word of God (literally
voice) when explaining concept of trinity, does that mean God does not have a voice of his own?

Can your God speak without Jesus involved because Allah can or what does word of God mean?

Also who spoke here is it the father, son or Holy Spirit?

11And there came a voice [j]out from within heaven, You are My Beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.(D)

Is it that there are more than word of God/Jesus or what do you mean by word of God.

kindly explain concept of trinity?
Is the word of God/Jesus part of creation or creator?

Yochanan 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

According to this scripture, that word is a being.

And I don't think it's impossible for God to reproduce himself in Christ Jesus.

Though, I know you're trying to set a trap with this your question.

But there's one thing you muslims cannot change, that thing is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
I gave you chapter 4:171.
That portion is not agreeing with the explanation you're attempting to conjure.

"Christ Jesus was.....and His Word...."

Give Islamic scholars position on it and not your personal idea.
Now what do you understand by "word of God" how do you think it should be.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
haekymbahdx:
Now what do you understand by "word of God" how do you think it should be.
For starters the Word of God is ETERNAL.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by backnbeta(f): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2020
urchcoded:
Different toilet same shit. Why you jumped from pit toilet to water cistern.
Jesus is the way! The writer made the best choice and I pray he sticks with it, despite the intimidation and persecution undecided
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
Samunique:

Yochanan 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

According to this scripture, that word is a being.

And I don't think it's impossible for God to reproduce himself in Christ Jesus.

Though, I know you're trying to set a trap with this your question.

But there's one thing you muslims cannot change, that thing is the truth.

Now the thing is I am certain Allah is the true God. From the look of things whatever one believes in seems to be working.

Now even if I agree with you that the word of God (voice) is Jesus through which all things are created including in angels and this word is also God. Now was Jesus the who created Satan who is believed by Christians to formerly be an angel and one of the leaders at that.

Since Jesus created Satan why did Satan ask Jesus to worship him for a reward and is there a possibility of Jesus accepting the offer, what was Satan's motive and what will be the repercussion of Jesus accepting Satan's offer?

Mathew 4:8-9
8 Again, the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory (the splendor, magnificence, preeminence, and excellence) of them.

9 And he said to Him, These things, all taken together, I will give You, if You will prostrate Yourself before me and do homage and worship me.

Will God now become a servant of Satan whom he created?

How can creation tell creator to worship him.

Who should you rely on Jesus or God?

Matthew 6
9 Pray, therefore, like this: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed (kept holy) be Your name.

10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([e]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have [f]given up resentment against) our debtors.

13 And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Why is Jesus afraid of falling into temptation of satan, and what is the repercussion is hell fire?

At a time Jesus even questioned God?

He said "father why have forsaken me". Didnt he know he was sent to die for the sins of the world.

Now if on the cross Jesus didn't know he was going to die who brought the doctrine of Jesus dieing for sins of the world?
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by Truth20: 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
sagenaija:

For starters the Word of God is ETERNAL.
Does the word of God has a begining
At what point did Jesus became the begotten son of God.

Psalm 2
7I will declare the decree of the Lord: He said to Me, You are My Son; this day [I declare] I have begotten You.

Does your God need Jesus to utter a word, if your God can speak on is own why do you call Jesus word of God?

If you say he is eternal why did he die on the cross and he was scared of dying he wept, he questioned God "Father why have you forsaken me" (abndoned). To me only God is eternal.

Mathew 26:37-38
37 And taking with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, He began to [j]show grief and distress of mind and was [k]deeply depressed.

38 Then He said to them, My soul is very sad and deeply grieved, so that [l]I am almost dying of sorrow. Stay here and keep awake and keep watch with Me.

He died.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
:]
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by Polytricks: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
I can't believe this! I have seen threads of so-called religious people converting to atheism make front page from the religious section, and this thread of a Muslim converting to a Christian didn't make front page on a Sunday? I mean, this thread is worthy of generating as much views and comments as any of those ones if not more? So the question is why did it not make front page on a Sunday? Oga seun and the mods, what do you have to say about this? Was it deliberate or a mistake? If you didn't see this, kindly do the needful now otherwise you'd be making it seem a deliberate omission. Thanks.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2020
haekymbahdx:
Does the word of God has a begining
At what point did Jesus became the begotten son of
... ....
He died.

Don't you understand what ETERNAL means?

In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ( Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself. He was [continually existing] in the beginning [co-eternally] with God.
John 1:1‭-‬2 AMP

And the Word (Christ) became flesh, and lived among us; and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception).
John 1:14 AMP

The Word became flesh.
Flesh can die. But the Spirit in the flesh cannot die as the flesh does.
He became flesh to die for our sins.
Even though it was a determined issue in eternity past Jesus became physically the begotten at the virgin conception and birth.

Note that during ALL the beatings and punching and other physical assaults he took Jesus NEVER uttered a word of complaint.
It was only as he bore the punishment for mankind's sin on the cross that he cried out. Never before then.
When His work was completed he ROSE FROM THE DEAD on the third day.
So, don't ignore this FACT too.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by YouAreFinished: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
OP you are Igbo and its highly implausible you were ever Muslim. You don't have to lie to make whatever point you want to make.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2020
:
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hallelujah!

JESUS IS LORD!!!!!
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by tatatar: 11:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
You copied the article from who,Ewu.
lieing for the greater glory of christ is allowed abi
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by Samunique(m): 7:54am On Aug 03, 2020
haekymbahdx:
Now the thing is I am certain Allah is the true God. From the look of things whatever one believes in seems to be working.

Now even if I agree with you that the word of God (voice) is Jesus through which all things are created including in angels and this word is also God. Now was Jesus the who created Satan who is believed by Christians to formerly be an angel and one of the leaders at that.

Since Jesus created Satan why did Satan ask Jesus to worship him for a reward and is there a possibility of Jesus accepting the offer, what was Satan's motive and what will be the repercussion of Jesus accepting Satan's offer?

Mathew 4:8-9
8 Again, the devil took Him up on a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory (the splendor, magnificence, preeminence, and excellence) of them.

9 And he said to Him, These things, all taken together, I will give You, if You will prostrate Yourself before me and do homage and worship me.

Will God now become a servant of Satan whom he created?

How can creation tell creator to worship him.

Who should you rely on Jesus or God?

Matthew 6
9 Pray, therefore, like this: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed (kept holy) be Your name.

10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven ([e]left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have [f]given up resentment against) our debtors.

13 And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Why is Jesus afraid of falling into temptation of satan, and what is the repercussion is hell fire?

At a time Jesus even questioned God?

He said "father why have forsaken me". Didnt he know he was sent to die for the sins of the world.

Now if on the cross Jesus didn't know he was going to die who brought the doctrine of Jesus dieing for sins of the world?

Good morning !

First of all you believe the word is also God, God the Son / God's Son / the Son of God ?

Let's continue....

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

According to this scripture, the Word was made flesh, in other word, a human with flesh and blood, he became another Adam ( man-kind ) for the purpose of redeeming the mankind back to YAHWEH His father.

Having been in form of a human, he was subject to trials and temptations just like every other man, and that also for a purpose. Now compare these scriptures....

Hebrews 2:14-18
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour ( help ) them that are tempted.

Now, I quoted these scriptures and did some highlightings to show you that, Jesus being tempted by the devil was not an error but a part of redemptive plan for the salvation of man kind.

If you go back to Genesis 3, you'll see that the first Adam/Man was also subjected to that kind of trial but he failed, that's why he could not continue as the very crown of God's creation, or a small God to rule this terrestrial realm forever. He (Adam) fell for the tricks of Satan and consequently, handed over the rulership of this realm to Satan, and received the wage of death for his sin, Romans 6:23, hence the need for redemption.

When Jesus came to the world, Satan had to try him as well just as he did the first Adam, but this time he, failed. And this makes Jesus the worthy Savour, Redeemer and the Restorer of the mankind. So all these happened according to divine plan. If Jesus was not tried as a man and passed, he would not have qualified for the Redeemer's office to redeem the mankind.

First, he had to be made like the people he wanted to help, that's why he became a man, and subjected to all that every man passes through, but yet without sin !!!

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Lastly, for your last question, Jesus said that not bcs he didn't know he was going to die, after all, he had predicted this many times before his crucifixion. He made that statement ( Father, why have you forsaken me ) under excruciating pains. Remember he was a man under these circumstances.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
On YOUR lie No.2:

What does the "word" mean as used here? You are the one interpreting the Qur'an in the light of your Bible!

The verse you quoted says Jesus was 1. An Apostle (actual word is Rasul which means messenger) 2. His word 3. A Spirit proceeding from Him.

Your own Jesus is not a messenger!

And Allah says:
Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
Qur'an 3:59

So actually everything on earth were created by Allah's word!

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" and it is!
Qur'an 36:82
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 8:46am On Aug 03, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

On YOUR lie No.1:
According to the Koran, Mohamed was not sure whether Allah would save him:

Or do they say, 'He has forged it'? Say: 'If I have forged it, you have no power to help me against Allah.

He knows very well what you are pressing upon; He suffices as a witness between me and you; He is the All-forgiving, the All-compassionate.' Say: 'I am not an innovation among the Messengers, and I know not what shall be done with me or with you. I only follow what is revealed to me; I am only a clear warner.' S. 46:8-9

The so-called authentic narrations make it clear that Mohamed was speaking in respect to his eternal fate:

Narrated 'Um al-'Ala:
An Ansari woman who gave the pledge of allegiance to the Prophet that the Ansar drew lots concerning the dwelling of the Emigrants. 'Uthman bin Maz'un was decided to dwell with them (i.e. Um al-'Ala's family), 'Uthman fell ill and I nursed him till he died, and we covered him with his clothes. Then the Prophet came to us and I (addressing the dead body) said, "O Abu As-Sa'ib, may Allah's Mercy be on you! I bear witness that Allah has honored you." On that the Prophet said, "How do you know that Allah has honored him?" I replied, "I do not know. May my father and my mother be sacrificed for you, O Allah's Apostle! But who else is worthy of it (if not 'Uthman)?" He said, "As to him, by Allah, death has overtaken him, and I hope the best for him. By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me," By Allah, I will never assert the piety of anyone after him. That made me sad, and when I slept I saw in a dream a flowing stream for 'Uthman bin Maz'un. I went to Allah's Apostle and told him of it. He remarked, "That symbolizes his (good) deeds." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 266)

AntiChristian, do you still doubt me that Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth?

Lie Number one says there is no means of Salvation in Islam so what is all this you pasted?
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 9:08am On Aug 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

What does the "word" mean as used here? You are the one interpreting the Qur'an in the light of your Bible!

The verse you quoted says Jesus was 1. An Apostle (actual word is Rasul which means messenger) 2. His word 3. A Spirit proceeding from Him.

Your own Jesus is not a messenger!

And Allah says:
Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
Qur'an 3:59

So actually everything on earth were created by Allah's word!

Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, "Be!" and it is!
Qur'an 36:82

So, you ran off all this while only to come up with this piece of ... .... what do I even call it?

Go back and read FROM YOUR BOOKS how Adam was created. Did Allah just say "Be" and Adam appeared suddenly? Or did he first form him from clay?

Did Allah say "Be" and Jesus appeared or did Mary carry him in the womb for nine months?
Was it "Be" that the Koran say Jesus came through when Mary conceived him?

Please, please, please, go back and reconcile your books and tradition. I told you, and I'm repeating it again, Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth.

So, show us from the Koran where Allah said "Be!" and Adam appeared and he again said "Be!"and Jesus appeared.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Lie Number one says there is no means of Salvation in Islam so what is all this you pasted?
I just confirmed that Islam says there is NO ASSURANCE of salvation.
Mohamed wasn't sure where he'll end up and so are you guys.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by haekymbahdx: 9:56am On Aug 03, 2020
kiss kiss
Samunique:
Good morning !

First of all you believe the word is also God, God the Son / God's Son / the Son of God ?

Let's continue....

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

According to this scripture, the Word was made flesh, in other word, a human with flesh and blood, he became another Adam ( man-kind ) for the purpose of redeeming the mankind back to YAHWEH His father.

Having been in form of a human, he was subject to trials and temptations just like every other man, and that also for a purpose. Now compare these scriptures....

Hebrews 2:14-18
Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15. And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour ( help ) them that are tempted.

Now, I quoted these scriptures and did some highlightings to show you that, Jesus being tempted by the devil was not an error but a part of redemptive plan for the salvation of man kind.

If you go back to Genesis 3, you'll see that the first Adam/Man was also subjected to that kind of trial but he failed, that's why he could not continue as the very crown of God's creation, or a small God to rule this terrestrial realm forever. He (Adam) fell for the tricks of Satan and consequently, handed over the rulership of this realm to Satan, and received the wage of death for his sin, Romans 6:23, hence the need for redemption.

When Jesus came to the world, Satan had to try him as well just as he did the first Adam, but this time he, failed. And this makes Jesus the worthy Savour, Redeemer and the Restorer of the mankind. So all these happened according to divine plan. If Jesus was not tried as a man and passed, he would not have qualified for the Redeemer's office to redeem the mankind.

First, he had to be made like the people he wanted to help, that's why he became a man, and subjected to all that every man passes through, but yet without sin !!!

Hebrews 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Lastly, for your last question, Jesus said that not bcs he didn't know he was going to die, after all, he had predicted this many times before his crucifixion. He made that statement ( Father, why have you forsaken me ) under excruciating pains. Remember he was a man under these circumstances.

Well i understand you from christianic point of view but it is illogical for a non christian to believe.

To redeem mankind does he have to die?

What is the essence of is death on the cross, should i be happy or sad that a God sent was killed on the cross?

If you were to be one of the disciples and present on that day will you jubilate and celebrate with the evil ones that jesus died for your sin (Easter festival)?

Do you believe Jesus completed is mission or it was cut short because he said "i have a lot to say but ye cannot bear them now)?

what would have happened if the jews actually accepted him would he have told the jews to kill him by himself so the sacrifice can be complete?

If Jesus didnt die on the cross would christainity exist or continuation of Judaism or islam?

What would be your belief as a christian had Jesus not died on the cross?

Was he sent to die or to preach the gospel, or he forsee that they were going to kill him?

What was the theme of the gospel jesus preched when he was on earth and what is the fate of people that beleive in the gospel and died before Jesus was nailed on the cross?

I dont believe he died even if he did I believe he only died on the cross because the people that didnt believe him were more the those that did what if it was the other way round?

I only tried to rephrase those questions so you can know where i am heading to.

As a christian why do you think muslims wont enter the kingdom of God after believing in Jesus and abiding by the rules he gave?

Do you believe Jesus is the Almighty/Father?

Do you think God was happy that Jesus was died on the cross. Jesus said "Father forgive them for they dont know what they are doing".?

What is the difference between the belief of Jews who killed Jesus on the cross and christians who are also happy that he died?

Allah SWT said:

مَّنِ اهْتَدٰى فَإِنَّمَا يَهْتَدِى لِنَفْسِهِۦ  ۖ وَمَنْ ضَلَّ فَإِنَّمَا يَضِلُّ عَلَيْهَا  ۚ وَلَا تَزِرُ وَازِرَةٌ وِزْرَ أُخْرٰى  ۗ وَمَا كُنَّا مُعَذِّبِينَ حَتّٰى نَبْعَثَ رَسُولًا
"Whoever is guided is only guided for [the benefit of] his soul. And whoever errs only errs against it. And no bearer of burdens will bear the burden of another. And never would We punish until We sent a messenger."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 15)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 10:55am On Aug 03, 2020
sagenaija:

I just confirmed that Islam says there is NO ASSURANCE of salvation.
Mohamed wasn't sure where he'll end up and so are you guys.

Muhammad as a person is different from Islam. Where did Islam say there's no assurance of salvation?
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 11:06am On Aug 03, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
So, you ran off all this while only to come up with this piece of ... .... what do I even call it?

Go back and read FROM YOUR BOOKS how Adam was created. Did Allah just say "Be" and Adam appeared suddenly? Or did he first form him from clay?

Did Allah say "Be" and Jesus appeared or did Mary carry him in the womb for nine months?
Was it "Be" that the Koran say Jesus came through when Mary conceived him?

Please, please, please, go back and reconcile your books and tradition. I told you, and I'm repeating it again, Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth.

So, show us from the Koran where Allah said "Be!" and Adam appeared and he again said "Be!"and Jesus appeared.

I got better things running outside nairaland. You know na here your house be!

And If you had read the verses I posted earlier you won't have repeated this.

The word of Allah is what brings about creation not the matter. Even if a man sleeps with his wife and she gets pregnant, many do sleep with one another without protection and nothing happens.

She (Mary) said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.
Qur'an 3:47

I posted this verse earlier but you kept seeing the evil you're attracted to see!
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 3:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

Muhammad as a person is different from Islam. Where did Islam say there's no assurance of salvation?

AntiChristian:

I got better things running outside nairaland. You know na here your house be!

And If you had read the verses I posted earlier you won't have repeated this.

The word of Allah is what brings about creation not the matter. Even if a man sleeps with his wife and she gets pregnant, many do sleep with one another without protection and nothing happens.

She (Mary) said, "My Lord, how will I have a child when no man has touched me?" [The angel] said, "Such is Allah ; He creates what He wills. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is.
Qur'an 3:47

I posted this verse earlier but you kept seeing the evil you're attracted to see!

On your first post above:
Really? Can a person say the shahada without mentioning Mohamed? Can I become a Moslem by choosing not to mention the name of Mohamed in the shahada?

Is Mohamed no more and example to be followed?

I quoted the Koran- Chapter 46: 8-9. I added the Islamic explanation for it from an authentic hadith, not my words; and you still come up with this?
Smh!

On your second post:
When a person wants to run away from the unsettling truth of Islam they suddenly have "better things running outside nairaland". I've seen it over and over again.

You wanted to burst lies. Now that you are confronted with FACTS that show your position to be faulty you have better things to do elsewhere.

Do you know that Allah first argued with the angels on the creation of Adam, according to the Koran? He didn't just say "Be" and he was. There was a back and forth argument between them before the creation of Adam.

The details are in Islam's books.

The issue is not about whether Allah wanted to create Adam. The issue is that the details of his creation does not agree with your assertion.

The portion of the Koran you quoted reads:
"When He decrees a matter, He ONLY says to it, 'Be,' and it is." Did you notice the highlighted? It says "He ONLY SAYS". But neither in the case of Adam nor that of Jesus did Allah ONLY SAY "Be!" and it was. There was a PROCESS.

Not to lose sight of your lies no. 2, note that the Koran DID NOT say Jesus was created by or through the Word of Allah. It says HE IS THE WORD of Allah. There is a difference in the two.

So again your argument does not stand.

While you may run off to "better things" than nairaland - whatever that means, others are being enlightened here.
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 10:48am On Aug 04, 2020
sagenaija:
[/size]
[size=6pt]

On your first post above:
Really? Can a person say the shahada without mentioning Mohamed? Can I become a Moslem by choosing not to mention the name of Mohamed in the shahada? Is Mohamed no more and example to be followed?

Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa salam is to be followed by mankind and Jin till the end of the world.
Jesus' was the way to his Lord before the Prophethood of Muhammad. He was the savior of his people.
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Moses was the savior of his people from Pharaoh through the red sea!
Noah was the savior of his people from the flood and destruction.
All Prophets are the ways to their Lord hence followership!

sagenaija:
[/size]
[size=6pt]

I quoted the Koran- Chapter 46: 8-9. I added the Islamic explanation for it from an authentic hadith, not my words; and you still come up with this?
Smh!

The interpretation of that verse & hadith is that Muhammad was Human and knows nothing till he receives revelation from his Lord.
John allegedly said Jesus said:
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
John 5:30

This shows Jesus is powerless and ignorant except by what was revealed to him from his Lord.

sagenaija:
[/size][size=6pt]
On your second post:
When a person wants to run away from the unsettling truth of Islam they suddenly have "better things running outside nairaland". I've seen it over and over again.

You wanted to burst lies. Now that you are confronted with FACTS that show your position to be faulty you have better things to do elsewhere.

Do you know that Allah first argued with the angels on the creation of Adam, according to the Koran? He didn't just say "Be" and he was. There was a back and forth argument between them before the creation of Adam.

The details are in Islam's books.

Can you prove it was an argument? Why do you interprete the Qur'an with your Bible? Jehovah has lost heaven to violence!
From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.
Matthew 11:12

sagenaija:
[/size]
[size=6pt]

The issue is not about whether Allah wanted to create Adam. The issue is that the details of his creation does not agree with your assertion.

The portion of the Koran you quoted reads:
"When He decrees a matter, He ONLY says to it, 'Be,' and it is." Did you notice the highlighted? It says "He ONLY SAYS". But neither in the case of Adam nor that of Jesus did Allah ONLY SAY "Be!" and it was. There was a PROCESS.

Not to lose sight of your lies no. 2, note that the Koran DID NOT say Jesus was created by or through the Word of Allah. It says HE IS THE WORD of Allah. There is a difference in the two.

So again your argument does not stand.

While you may run off to "better things" than nairaland - whatever that means, others are being enlightened here.
Firstly, I don't sleep on Nairaland. I come here only sometimes when i'm free!
Secondly, "the process" doesn't matter in the creation of anything! Allah's word "Be" is what matters!

Adam was fashioned out of earth! The earth wasn't living till the word "Be" came from Allah and Adam became alive.
Eve had no mother. She was created from Adam with the word "Be" too.
Jesus too was created from the word "Be" sent to Maryam.
Everything was created by the word "Be" of Allah.

Jesus is not "Be" of Allah nor the word of Allah (Qur'an)!

Allah clearly stated that the Qur'an is His Word, Saying (what means):
“And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah [i.e. the Quran].” [Quran 9:6], and in His Saying (which means): “Those who remained behind will say when you set out toward the war booty to take it, 'Let us follow you'. They wish to change the words of Allah.”
[Quran: 48:15]
These two verses prove that the Quran is the Word of Allah and that He sent it down to Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention).

The Sunnah (The Established Rituals) of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention) further proves this fact; Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated: “The Prophet sallallaahu`alayhi wa sallam (may Allah exalt his mention ) used to offer his message to people during the season of Hajj and say: “Is there a man who would take me to his tribe (i.e. to convey the message to them), because the (tribe of) Quraysh have prevented me from conveying the Word of Allah?” [Ahmad and At-Tirmithi]
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by sagenaija: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

Muhammad .... ......
One finds it difficult at times to discuss with you guys because all you do is regurgitate Koran without being able to explain yourselves.

You said Mohamed is different from Islam. I asked if a person can say the shahada without mentioning Mohamed. Readers will confirm if you answered my very simple question.

I quoted the Koran- Chapter 46: 8-9. I added the Islamic explanation for it from an authentic hadith. You still ended up contradicting your hadith. You guys can deny even your prophet and Allah just to appear to win an argument.

You now want to tell us that Allah saying "Be" to create means something order than saying it. You want to use the magic of Islamic reinterpretation to give us your desired answer. The end justifies the means for you: As long as you can present what you think is going to get you to your desired goal how you do it doesn’t matter.

Can you show us where Allah said "Be" in creating anything?
Re: Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity by AntiChristian: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
sagenaija:

One finds it difficult at times to discuss with you guys because all you do is regurgitate Koran without being able to explain yourselves.

You said Mohamed is different from Islam. I asked if a person can say the shahada without mentioning Mohamed. Readers will confirm if you answered my very simple question.

I quoted the Koran- Chapter 46: 8-9. I added the Islamic explanation for it from an authentic hadith. You still ended up contradicting your hadith. You guys can deny even your prophet and Allah just to appear to win an argument.

You now want to tell us that Allah saying "Be" to create means something order than saying it. You want to use the magic of Islamic reinterpretation to give us your desired answer. The end justifies the means for you: As long as you can present what you think is going to get you to your desired goal how you do it doesn’t matter.

Can you show us where Allah said "Be" in creating anything?

You should find time to mention me with the previous post. Make i dey explain the same thing all the time abi?

I no get time to waste!

The word "Be" as used in this context was used 8 times in the Qur'an viz:
1. Quran 2:117– He is the One Who has originated the heavens and the earth, and when He wills to (originate) a thing, He only says to it: 'Be', and it becomes.
2. Qur'an3:47– Maryam (Mary) submitted: 'O my Lord, how shall I have a son when no man has ever touched me?' He said: 'Just as Allah creates what He pleases.' When He decides (to do) some work, He just gives it the command 'Be', and it becomes.
3. Qur'an 3:59– Surely, the example of ‘Isa (Jesus) in the sight of Allah is the same as that of Adam whom He formed from clay, then said (to him): 'Be'. And he became.
4. Qur'an 6:73– And He is the One (Allah) Who has created the heavens and the earth (in accordance with His decreed celestial order based) on truth. And the Day when He will say: 'Be', then that (Day of Judgment) will come into being. His Word is the truth. And His will be the sovereignty on the Day when the Trumpet will be blown (by Israfil). He (is the One Who) has the knowledge of the unseen and the seen, and He is All-Wise, All-Aware.
5. Qur'an 16:40– Our command for a thing is but only this much that when We intend (to bring) it (into existence), We say to it: 'Be', and it becomes.
6. Qur'an19:35– It is not Allah's Glory that He should take (to Himself anyone as) a son. Holy and Glorified is He (above this)! When He decrees any matter, He only says to it: 'Be', and it becomes.
7. Qur'an 36:82– His command (of creation) is only that when He intends (to create) something, He says to it: 'Be', so it instantly becomes (existent or visible and continues becoming).
8. Qur'an 40:68– He is the One Who gives life and causes death. Then when He decides upon a thing, He says to it only: 'Be', so it becomes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. / Authentic (sahih) Hadith About Soothsayers/fortunetellers / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.