Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Is The Church Following The Scripture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Church Following The Scripture? (286 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / Did Judas Iscariot Betray Jesus Or Help Him Fulfill The Scripture? / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2020
I grew up in the catholic faith but as i mature in body and wisdom,i discovered through reading the scriptures that the catholic faith aint worth it(making image of mary/jesus and praying to it,it contradicts the scriptural saying; thou shalt not bow down to any caved image.)
For the past few years(2 at least) i have not attend church service due to what so called men of God do preach(they focus on prosperity for their own gain) but i do read the bible and pray to God for wisdom,knowledge and understanding to do the right things.
Now,is it that they is no better church in nigeria? And some peeps do tell me that i am deceiving myself by not going to church and paying tithe/offerings, am i doing the right thing by mocking church goers who pay tithes? I knw i will make heaven without going to church and given pastor my hard earned money because i think i am following the scripture in my own understanding.
Is the church worth our time? Are the catholics following the scripture? Must you pay tithe?
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by GboyegaD(m): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2020
Labeling the church isn't necessary. Truth remains that the quest and knowledge for God is a personal race and each should seek him in knowledge and truth.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2020
GboyegaD:
Labeling the church isn't necessary. Truth remains that the quest and knowledge for God is a personal race and each should seek him in knowledge and truth.
i didn't mention names, if i call names,nrlander will roast me.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
I grew up in the catholic faith but as i mature in body and wisdom,i discovered through reading the scriptures that the catholic faith aint worth it(making image of mary/jesus and praying to it,it contradicts the scriptural saying; thou shalt not bow down to any caved image.)
For the past few years(2 at least) i have not attend church service due to what so called men of God do preach(they focus on prosperity for their own gain) but i do read the bible and pray to God for wisdom,knowledge and understanding to do the right things.
Now,is it that they is no better church in nigeria? And some peeps do tell me that i am deceiving myself by not going to church and paying tithe/offerings, am i doing the right thing by mocking church goers who pay tithes? I knw i will make heaven without going to church and given pastor my hard earned money because i think i am following the scripture in my own understanding.
Is the church worth our time? Are the catholics following the scripture? Must you pay tithe?

The Church is not following the scriptures but man-made doctrines. The Church Tithe is a lie.

Let us hear the conclusion of the entire matter: Fear Elohim and guard His commands, for this applies to all mankind!
Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes) 12:13

Shalom

The image below from this thread
Got it from this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5641988/tithes-firstfruits-christian-scam-warning

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by GboyegaD(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

No vex, growing up a catholic and realizing the statue worship like you called it isn't labeling ba?
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Ehiscotch(m): 9:27am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:

We are virtually on the same page, except on a few issues like tithing and being harsh on Christians who do. I find that completely wrong and cynical. The truth is a lot of Christians these days are living in ignorance, many others are practical atheist — believing in the existence of God but living in denial of him.

As regards going to church, I am still searching as well but I listen to messages and watch sermons of Bible teachers like Ravi Zacharias, David Pawson, and Pastor Bankie. Try looking up their messages on YouTube and you'd be blessed.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2020
GboyegaD:

No vex, growing up a catholic and realizing the status worship like you called it isn't labeling ba?
ok...catholic's got d whole scripture wrong angry And that aint labeling but me speaking out.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

We are virtually on the same page, except on a few issues like tithing and being harsh on Christians who do. I find that completely wrong and cynical. The truth is a lot of Christians these days are living in ignorance, many others are practical atheist — believing in the existence of God but living in denial of him.

As regards going to church, I am still searching as well but I listen to messages and watch sermons of Bible teachers like Ravi Zacharias, David Pawson, and Pastor Bankie. Try looking up their messages on YouTube and you'd be blessed.
i do listen to sermons but i do get pissed whenever a preacher says " the lord gave me a vision, i need 100k,first 10ppl will experience money windfall" and educated fools will pay.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:34am On Aug 02, 2020
EliteBiz:

Let us hear the conclusion of the entire matter: Fear Elohim and guard His commands, for this applies to all mankind!
Qoheleth (Ecclesiastes) 12:13
undecided
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Ehiscotch(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2020
GboyegaD:

No vex, growing up a catholic and realizing the statue worship like you called it isn't labeling ba?
Let's not derail this thread by making this about the Catholics but focus on the real issues like "prosperity preaching and accommodation". This is the main issue of the church alongside Practical Atheism.

Paul said ( paraphrased) to Timothy that men would seek for preachers after their own heart who would deviate from the truth ( the deity, death and resurrection of Christ) and focus on trivial issues like prosperity on Earth, paying of tithe or how God loves you and how it's not your fault but your neighbor's or your relative in the village.

Even in the USA, challenges like these are present in the church.

That's why many can't defend the faith. Because they barely know what its about.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Ehiscotch(m): 9:37am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
i do listen to sermons but i do get pissed whenever a preacher says " the lord gave me a vision, i need 100k,first 10ppl will experience money windfall" and educated fools will pay.

Guy, check out Pastor.ng and download messages from Pastor Bankie. You have been listening to at best "half-baked" teachers. You'd be really blessed.

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Guy, check out Pastor.ng and download messages from Pastor Bankie. You have been listening to at best "half-baked" teachers. You'd be really blessed.
I will check your "full-baked" teacher out. wink
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Let's not derail this thread by making this about the Catholics but focus on the real issues like "prosperity preaching and accommodation". This is the main issue of the church alongside Practical Atheism.

Paul said ( paraphrased) to Timothy that men would seek for preachers after their own heart who would deviate from the truth ( the deity, death and resurrection of Christ) and focus on trivial issues like prosperity on Earth, paying of tithe or how God loves you and how it's not your fault but your neighbor's or your relative in the village.

Even in the USA, challenges like these are present in the church.

That's why many can't defend the faith. Because they barely know what its about.
Gbam!
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by shellsea(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2020
From my own point of view, I feel Christians and churches now don't follow the scripture. They are only after making money that's why the easily fall for pastoral scam. There is no way on earth you would stay in your house without doing any hustle and expect money to appear in your bank account or wallet just by praying and sowing seed. Even the bible says in James 2:2 “Faith without Works is Dead"
Many people believe in miracle money... Money wey dia papa no work for... U Can't fool God...

NO FOOD FOR THE LAZY MAN!

Proverbs 20:13
Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Proverbs 10:4
A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.

Proverbs 6:9-11
How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.

Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.

Proverbs 19:24
The sluggard buries his hand in the dish and will not even bring it back to his mouth.

Proverbs 20:4
The sluggard does not plow in the autumn; he will seek at harvest and have nothing.

Proverbs 6:6
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.

You can't say because you are a believer that God would send Manna from heaven... We are not in the days of Moses.

It pains me when i attend church and hear "Men of God" talk about hoe they've received a vision from god that the first 50 people to bring the some of #1million would recive a breakthrough b4 the end of the week. They would now place the money in categories ( 1million. 500k, 100k, 50k, 20k, 10k ) etc just to collect money from members...

Well what do I know undecided undecided undecided am still building my knowledge on my Faith.

My brothers and sisters in faith... If u no hustle, miracle money no go reach ur side ... No be me talk ma look na God talk am.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Ehiscotch(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
I will check your "full-baked" teacher out. wink

You have to really. I faced many of these challenges until I heard his teaching. Look, just like there are a few good politicians out there who have the good of the people at heart but are being overshadowed by the bad ones and the muddled system, better still are teachers of the word who carefully and methodologically dissect the word of truth and say it as IT IS WRITTEN.

Check out the other preachers on too even if they are late Ravi Zacharias, David Pawson and Rick Joyner and co.

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
undecided
I apologize for not replying you well at first. I am happy you stopped going to church. I am happy you know the lies in Tithe. I am happy you flee from Catholic.

What you need to do now is Unlearn religion/lies. Then you relearn the scriptures with the help of The Spirit of Truth. You are waking up and that is grace. The bible is not a Christianity religion book. You can't find Sunday worship, Christmas and all the things churches practice in the scriptures. I already exposed the lie of tithe for you in my first post.

This is time for you to start seeking for truth. Don't worry, if you continue to search for our maker, You will find Him.

And you shall seek Me, and shall find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 29:13

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2020
EliteBiz:

I apologize for not replying you well at first. I am happy you stopped going to church. I am happy you know the lies in Tithe. I am happy you flee from Catholic.

What you need to do now is Unlearn religion/lies. Then you relearn the scriptures with the help of The Spirit of Truth. You are waking up and that is grace. The bible is not a Christianity religion book. You can't find Sunday worship, Christmas and all the things churches practice in the scriptures. I already exposed the lie of tithe for you in my first post.

This is time for you to start seeking for truth. Don't worry, if you continue to search for our maker, You will find Him.

And you shall seek Me, and shall find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
Thanks man, i am grateful for your advice.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 9:56am On Aug 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You have to really. I faced many of these challenges until I heard his teaching. Look, just like there are a few good politicians out there who have the good of the people at heart but are being overshadowed by the bad ones and the muddled system, better still are teachers of the word who carefully and methodologically dissect the word of truth and say it as IT IS WRITTEN.

Check out the other preachers on too even if they are late Ravi Zacharias, David Pawson and Rick Joyner and co.
thanks man, i'm grateful cool
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Ehiscotch(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2020
EliteBiz:

I agree to many lengths with you. People have to flee from denominational doctrines and just read the Bible. Go to where the Bible is being taught and immerse yourself with understanding of the scriptures.

The Qoheleth , Solomon said Ecclesiastes 5:1 Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil.

We just have to keep praying for this lost sheep and doing our best to win souls to the fold.

1 Like

Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by GboyegaD(m): 10:02am On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
ok...catholic's got d whole scripture wrong angry And that aint labeling but me speaking out.

You don't have to as that was stereotyping. You feel they got it wrong based on your understanding and it isn't right writing that on here. If you are convinced they are wrong, take a walk from the church and never look back.

The interesting thing in your write up is that you still have issues with the new ones you have been. You know what, find the one that aligns witb your spirit and stick to it.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by PrinceOfEast(m): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2020
GboyegaD:

You don't have to as that was stereotyping. You feel they got it wrong based on your understanding and it isn't right writing that on here. If you are convinced they are wrong, take a walk from the church and never look back.

The interesting thing in your write up is that you still have issues with the new ones you have been. You know what, find the one that aligns witb your spirit and stick to it.
ok sir...but i ain't joining any church for now, i rather preach to myself than attend "prosperity" services.
Re: Is The Church Following The Scripture? by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2020
PrinceOfEast:
ok sir...but i ain't joining any church for now, i rather preach to myself than attend "prosperity" services.
your churches are businesses build atop the philosophy( doctrines and traditions) of the men who own and run them. They are not founded on the teachings of God and so have no real obligation where God's truth is concerned.

(1) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Begins Prayer For Covid-19 Patients In Isolation Centres / Top 10 Richest Pastors In Nigeria For Year 2020 & Their Net Worth / Since Masturbation Is A Sin..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.