Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

No More Joy In Driving - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No More Joy In Driving (4770 Views)

6 Things You Should Have Learned In Driving School / Why Is The Mirror Important In Driving? / Theoritical Aspect In Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Joy In Driving by mydeporch(f): 1:31pm On Aug 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m just done with the lack of respect for the rule of law as regards to driving.

Once Covid travel restrictions are over then I’ll go tour Rwanda and Gambia for a potential relocation. Nigerians are ungovernable.

That's Nigeria for u sir....I dont know when we going to get there....Even when you are still right, they will still abuse you and shift blame

1 Like

Re: No More Joy In Driving by 3kay945(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
kowalsky:

I drive often in Abuja Metropolis and I can tell you that 80% of the drivers here have no idea whatsoever what the basic rules of driving are.

No one maintains their lane. You'll see a vehicle meandering left right center like they're renacting scenes from fast and furious.
Indicators for overtaking. Pftt. Not everyone indicates at turns for starters.

Tailgating is like a sport on these roads. vehicles perched to the fenders of other vehicles at speeds as high as 80km/h is very normal.

And this is Abuja where people are supposedly saner.

Law enforcement officials who're supposed to bring people to book are the most lawless.

I was driving the other day and happened on a roundabout. I'm trying to exit and poof, out of nowhere a bike with two soldiers - no helmet. Had to slam the breaks. These guys didn't even break their stride(read: cruize). Maybe the khaki is some sort of crash suit.

Police men in hilux vans drive like thiefs fleeing a crime scene. They're not going anywhere important.

Soldiers especially when they're in official vehicles basically want traffic to halt when they're passing - even though they're just heading back home to have a nice night with the wifey.

Personally I think this country has already gone to the dogs.
How do you get a license in Nigeria. You pay money. A driving school cert. is forged for you. Your license is delivered. No tests. No assessment of mental and/or physical state. Nothing.
We just need to detonate a nuclear bomb and kill everyone then start afresh with two babies.

Your submission forced me to comment. grin grin

1 Like

Re: No More Joy In Driving by EgunMogaji2: 9:45am On Aug 27, 2020
mydeporch:

That's Nigeria for u sir....I dont know when we going to get there....Even when you are still right, they will still abuse you and shift blame

Yesterday in my commute from site to home.

1) Even though I’ve been trafficating an impending right turn for a safe 75 feet, Okada still ignored and passed on the right with the passengers calling me names.

2) Before that a Hiace van drove against traffic and we had nowhere to shift to. Out comes a police officer asking me if I didn’t see that it was an emergency. All explanation to him about requirement of emergency overhead lights and siren made me feel like I was talking to a monkey in a zoo.

So when I run into scenes like pictured below on the same commute I’m not happy for loss of life but.

How does an Okada get into a head on crash with a motor vehicle in broad daylight?

3 Likes

Re: No More Joy In Driving by radautoworks: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yesterday in my commute from site to home.

1) ...

nto a head on crash with a motor vehicle in broad daylight?

It's because you haven't seen two okadas in a head-on collision before tongue

2 Likes

Re: No More Joy In Driving by oride: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
radautoworks:

It's because you haven't seen two okadas in a head-on collision before tongue

I only drive on interstate highways now.

Intra-city driving is for Madam and "Baba Jimoh". I don't have energy and the eyes are not a hundred.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Radiator Coolant: What Is The Right Way? / 2005 Toyota Highlander Versus 2005 Lexus Rx330 / Yaris Or Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.