Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Entitlement Mentality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Entitlement Mentality (283 Views)

When you come across any Lady With the Entitlement Mentality, tell her this. / Dear Guys, Please avoid ladies with the Entitlement Mentality. / Why Good Girls Remain Single - Nelson Asuen (Entitlement Mentality) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Entitlement Mentality by smartoliver(m): 12:59am On Aug 03, 2020
The Entitlement Mentality.

I thought about it, that maybe this topic should be on the religious section, but then I've decided to stick it up on the romance section, while keeping the religious stuffs at bay. It might just be better here.

I won't take your time, just follow through if you can. I'll try to be as simple as possible.

Entitlement : the belief that one is inherently deserving of some privileges or special treatment.

It's common to hear people complain about how angry they've grown at either a friend or relative because they were not given what they feel is theirs to receive from the said person. Most times, in listening to these persons, they take it up as if it's their right to receive such thing in the first place. While this shit is quite popular amongst humans, it's even more averse amongst youths. Coming from another angle, some persons even find it difficult to say no to others because they actually believe those persons wouldn't take no for an answer possibly because it's their right( now don't get me wrong, some situations are special, but I won't go into that).

Relationships these days hardly work anymore, infact it's even more difficult to get it started in the first place. Girls believe they deserve a sexy ass man or a very rich dude because "they are high class" and I'm like "what da feck?!". Guys on the other hand want specific attributes in a woman because it's all or nothing (I'm not saying attributes should be overlooked, but feeling entitled to it?, c'mon man!). It becomes bitter when a guy feels entitled to a lady's body because he spent a certain amount of money on her, and even stupid when a girl keep her body because a man doesn't spend on her.. I can't imagine! . A man once told me "No one is bound to help you, infact, even your parents can choose to not help you and they won't be wrong overall, cause this life is yours and yours alone. You should be very grateful to anyone that helps you because they can choose relent and nothing will happen". Those words got stuck in me and I've been living my life following that model these past years. We should throw off that mentality of entitlement, like kick it off the window.
One shouldn't reciprocate a help because of a earlier help, one should help because he wants to. One shouldn't live up to someone else because he or she feels it's theirs to do, your life is yours and mine is mine.

Remember.. The cause might be right, while the reason(s) is wrong, and if the reason is wrong then maybe the cause was never right in the first place.

You're as human as the other man, don't bring up your measures onto others. But still on still, who am I to tell you how to live your life?, I'm just another man. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Romantic Destinations For Honeymoon In Nigeria / Bbnaija 2020 4th Night Party Video / Man Buys Never Buys Anything For His Mother But Buys Things For His Wife And Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.