Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? (4100 Views)

Prophesy !! Individuals Likely To Impregnate Or Get Pregnant On Valentines Day / Met On Skype & Pregnant On First Date: How 38-year-old Mother Married 19-year-ol / My Girlfriend Got Pregnant On Two Different Occasions For Two Different Guys. I Got Rid Of Them For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by olanajim(m): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2007
For those who don't know, in yoruba tradition, wedding ceremony is divided into 3 parts.

The Introduction: that is when a lady formally introduce her man to her family. This may not attract funfare. Just the families. Parents and couple on both sides. Minimum of 4 people complete the circle;

The Engagement: that is when traditional rites were done for the couple. This usually attract small crowd. Friends are allowed.;

The marriage ceremony: this is basically a carnival a feast, a celebration to announce official departure of a woman to her husband home. After this ceremony, a woman would be expected to be living permanently with her husband.

Many of us from the outside only read the announcement of wedding ceremony. At times they combine them together.

Technically, couple can sleep with one another after receiving the blessing of their parents. This happen during the Introduction. It was at that introduction that a date would be fixed for engagement and wedding.

The nature of engagemenu ceremony demand some tradition rites. Most of these rites are fetish in nature. Christain couple had therefore replaced them with Church rite". While muslims invites Imam. Thereafter we have the ceremony/reception.

MY POINT:

Seeing a pregnant wife on wedding MAY not translate to PREMARITAL SEX if they had passed through INTRODUCTION. I therefore disagree with people that generalizes on this topic.

At the same time, I agree with those who mentioned arrangee wedding. That is a situation where a lady get pregnant carelessly and has to quickly arrange a quickie wedding to avoid shame.

The bottomline: IF THEY ARE AT LEAST DOING THE WEDDING, IT IS BETTER THAN A SINGLE PARENTHOOD, ABORTION ETC. Let just congratulate them and wish them HAPPY MARRIED LIFE!

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:05am On Sep 15, 2007
It ends up being single parenthood if the dude leaves despite doing the whole introduction stuff anyway.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by orobo50cl(m): 3:22am On Sep 15, 2007
Who no go like test drive the new moto wey he just buy? How you go know say the engine don knock or you suppose ring am? How i go marry girl, wey never show me say she fit get belle? I go OSU and my hostel de beside abortion clinic. I know wetin all this yeye girls done do before them start to de do holy holy because them de find husband.

Bottomline, no belle no wedding. No be me go come carry all the yawa of other boys ontop my head. TUFIAKPA! shocked
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ikamefa(f): 3:40am On Sep 15, 2007
@topic c o s of testing ! testing! tongue
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by JJYOU: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
ikamefa:

@topic c o s of testing ! testing! tongue

AS IN PAY AS YOU GO
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by biola44: 12:39pm On Jun 16, 2009
JJYOU:

AS IN PAY AS YOU GO
no prepaid or post paid! grin
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by waterworks(f): 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ militia
killing the babay is not the priority abi? but trapping a man into marriage is abi? its all shameless. how abt just not getting pregnant in the first place!!! woman like you make it hard for the good ones to be trusted!

im sure there are still ladies out there who dont have to trap a man into marriage all those ladies let me see your hands up!!
trapping men into marriage does not guarantee a furture. grow up!
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Feelitx(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2009
The truth is that most men don't trust the sisters anymore.They want to be sure that the women they are married to still have wombs and can bear fruits. An elderly boss of mine even told me I must make sure my girl is pregnant before taking her to the altar or waka dey throw eggs around all the nearby streams/rivers.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:27pm On Jun 16, 2009
This i also do not get I mean what is so attractive about having a bump in your wedding gown? undecided
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Omolola1(f): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
There are many other ways to know that the bride has a womb, the couple could go for a test in the hospital you know, everything is not about testing d engine grin

But then in the Yoruba culture, after the introduction, the couple is free to get pregnant, the wedding is just a ceremony to officially announce them husband and wife. So if a bride is pregnant on her wedding day, there is nothing bad in it as far as she is getting married!

As for me, i want to look SWEET and SEXY in my wedding dress, ALL WHITE! PURE AND GLOWING! wink
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Supercharg: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
Omolola1:

There are many other ways to know that the bride has a womb, the couple could go for a test in the hospital you know, everything is not about testing d engine  grin

But then in the Yoruba culture, after the introduction, the couple is free to get pregnant, the wedding is just a ceremony to officially announce them husband and wife. So if a bride is pregnant on her wedding day, there is nothing bad in it as far as she is getting married!

As for me, i want to look SWEET and SEXY in my wedding dress, ALL WHITE! PURE AND GLOWING!  wink

If you attend a bible beliving church they will tell you during Marriage Counselling that as long as you intend to get married in the church , you are not to relate as man and wife untill after the church wedding, regardless of if you have done introduction and traditional wedding . On the other hand, the church recognizes traditional marriage and permits you to relate as man and wife after the Trad Marriage as long as you dont intend to also have a church wedding
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by AEjiro(m): 8:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
1st let me say am a christian bfore anyone critisize my observation.

@ post
1. i believ the church wedding being an imported culture, does not expressly say the lady must not be pregnant.

2. Even the owners of this culture are seen to be pregnant and in some cases given birth to kid(s) before the ceremony yet are still allowed to wear white.

3. The issue should be not pre-marrital sex not not pregnancy. (*abi becos everybody no dey see the evidence as in pregnancy in other cases no make all bride virgins.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
They got down to business rather too early I suppose
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by sinceerr: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2009
I have noticed this too
Most of friends also got married because they were pregnant cheesy
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Oxone(m): 4:05am On Jun 17, 2009
test driving i guess undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by oyinda3(f): 5:55am On Jun 17, 2009
sinceerr:

Most of friends also got married because they were pregnant cheesy

exactly.
because they wouldn't be brides if they didn't get pregnant. lol
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by C2H5OH(f): 6:00am On Jun 17, 2009
fertility test
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Gentlelady(f): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
C2H5OH:

fertility test

lol   grin grin  Prevents child bearing issues in future!
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by beingme(f): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
on or b4 wedding date?
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by C2H5OH(f): 6:17am On Jun 18, 2009
Gentlelady:

lol grin grin Prevents child bearing issues in future!
that's what it is baby
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Bolarge(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2009
@topic

Little wonder the tenor of divorce stats.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by bluespice(f): 9:26am On Jun 18, 2009
cos marge simpson had to be pregnant with bart b4 homer could marry her

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Can You Seduce A Girl? / Kissing Someone Mistakenly / Will You Allow Your Wife Appear Like This On Your Traditional Married?(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.