Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? (4103 Views)

Prophesy !! Individuals Likely To Impregnate Or Get Pregnant On Valentines Day / Met On Skype & Pregnant On First Date: How 38-year-old Mother Married 19-year-ol / My Girlfriend Got Pregnant On Two Different Occasions For Two Different Guys. I Got Rid Of Them For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by pannyman(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2007
It is now a common thing to see a bride that is obviously pregnant on her wedding day. So what is responsible for this phenomenon. It is not new, but it is becoming increasingly commonplace.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by iice(f): 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2007
By having sex
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by MILITIA(f): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2007
@Topic. This is becoming a more popular trend!

1) Most guys want evidence that the future bride is capable of producing "issues" grin Especially with the mother-in-laws dem!

2) That is one sure way to snag a guy to the altar---like I did! grin Most guys will try to talk the babes into terminating the pregnancy to get off. Naija babes are bocoming sharper not to listen to those "abortion" merchants. Naija babes will like to keep their babies now instead of playing "good virgins" cool It does not always work but the guys with conscience will decide to marry the pregnant bride at the last minute. The ones without conscience will bail anyway! Most guys will wait till the last minute to make up their minds about marriage----------when they are hooked! grin
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2007
pannyman:

It is now a common thing to see a bride that is obviously pregnant on her wedding day, It is not new, but it is becoming increasingly commonplace.
i guess so, undecided
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by sammy6(m): 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2007
I Thought i was the only one who took note.Its the order of the day.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by kulaShaker(f): 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2007
i have noticed thesame thing too
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by atiku07(m): 9:14am On Jun 18, 2007
infact this even happened to my sister i was just worried about the spite of this new happenings
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by eniola1310(f): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2007
MILITIA:

@Topic. This is becoming a more popular trend!

1) Most guys want evidence that the future bride is capable of producing "issues" grin Especially with the mother-in-laws them!

2) That is one sure way to snag a guy to the altar---like I did! grin Most guys will try to talk the babes into terminating the pregnancy to get off. Naija babes are bocoming sharper not to listen to those "abortion" merchants. Naija babes will like to keep their babies now instead of playing "good virgins" cool It does not always work but the guys with conscience will decide to marry the pregnant bride at the last minute. The ones without conscience will bail anyway! Most guys will wait till the last minute to make up their minds about marriage----------when they are hooked! grin

that's exactly what i detest about all these pregnant bride arrangement
if u wan marry me, marry me if u wnat ur babay then i can just give it to u
i dont want a man to marrry me out of pity.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by pannyman(m): 9:51am On Jun 18, 2007
pregnancy seems to have become a pre-requisite for marriage. i saw my ex the other day at a gathering with her fiancee and she was looking pregnant, wearing some loose fitting top. we went out for five years so i know her very well. when i asked her whether she was pregnant she denied but my friends who were there noticed. hope they tie the not very soon. lol smiley
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Roadblock: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2007
All your answers point in one direction.Premarital sex , A good number of those marriages are carried out mainly because the girls got pregnant and by all indications, abortion is not an option considering the girls age and the number of times she had committed abortion in the past. For some others it is a deliberate carelessness on the girls part to finally nail the guy into marrying her. Some few guys on the other hand want to be sure that their wife to be has not lost the God given productive values to some promiscuous past through series of abortions and careless past.
One thing however is common to marriages of this nature, they lack happiness and most end up breaking up because of the wrong foundation that was laid.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by moondust(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2007
b'cos churches dont mind wedding pregnant folks these days
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Lagoschic: 12:54pm On Jun 18, 2007
@ roadblock i agree with u 120% the maariage looks ok once the child is born as soon as the child starts growing the real man comes out and that is why we have a lot of married men cheating nowadays because they did not get married to their partner based on love for them but based on the partner getting pregnant ,,.we need to know the purpose of marrigae becos most nigerians seems to be loosing it
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by Maneater1(f): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2007
iTS APPAULING!!!!!

An ex-boyfriend once told me that it was almost like tradition now for the women in his town to be pregnant. they want to be sure the girls st6ill have wombs and that they themselves are not shooting blanks.

some girls do it to force men to marry them, but wheres the joy or happiness in that? in skool there were a few girls that got pregnant and the guys bailed on them. now they are young single mothers and no young guy wants to even look at them at all.

i cant imagine not looking fit and sexy in my wedding dress. and as for the churches that condole this behaviour, shame on them.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by eniola1310(f): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2007
i just wonder why we girls never learn

if u make a man marry u using one trick or the other, u'll be the one to suffer, cos when the man realise u tricked him into marriage then all hell is let loose. Then u start seeing the animal in that man.

why would u want to hook a man not ready for marriage with pregnancy anyway. why do we like our men to marry us out of pity.

why would i compromise my happiness, my future, my home and everything that i'm meant to enjoy for a ring.
All the time a woman forces a man into marriage it's the woman that suffers.

it sucks that we women have lost hope in ourselves, we've lost our self esteem and we think a white dress with a protuding tummy is a good "consideration" for our pride !!

i think it's a very dirty.
let the guy marry u the way u are not because u want to sentiements since u are carrying a baby
i can go on and on.

it's just a shame
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by fables(f): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2007
All your answers point in one direction.Premarital sex , A good number of those marriages are carried out mainly because the girls  got pregnant and by all indications, abortion is not an option considering the girls age and the number of times she had committed abortion in the past. For some others it is a deliberate carelessness on the girls part to finally nail the guy into marrying her. Some few guys on the other hand want to be sure that their wife to be has not lost the God given productive values to some promiscuous past through series of abortions and  careless past.
One thing however is common to marriages of this nature, they lack happiness and most end up breaking up because of the wrong foundation that was laid.
[quote][/quote]

there is no doubt abt dat but another thing is the problem brides are facing this days in the hand of their so call in-laws if after married they effectually have any delay. I av witness a situation whereby the bride have to leave the man and preffer to remain single after several years of married and no issue.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by LADUNDE(f): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2007
It shows d level of moral decandence in our churches! Such marriages hav faulty foundations already.i 4see more collapse in such marriages in d next 5yrs.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by LADUNDE(f): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2007
It shows d level of moral decandence in our churches! Such marriages hav faulty foundations already.i 4see more collapse in such marriages in d next 5yrs.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by cuju: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2007
Because the wedding date was fixed after she got pregnant wink
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by NaijaFuss(m): 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2007
Excessiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXK grin
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by MILITIA(f): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2007
@cuju
grin which wan you dey sef? Na so e dey happen!
cuju:

Because the wedding date was fixed after she got pregnant wink
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by MILITIA(f): 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2007
eniola1310:

that's exactly what i detest about all these pregnant bride arrangement
if u wan marry me, marry me if u wnat your babay then i can just give it to u
i don't want a man to marrry me out of pity.

@eniola1310

Who said anything about "pity"?   When we are randy and young and decide to have sex without "protection", we should be ready for the consequences including "unwanted pregnancy"!  I personally will rather suffer humiliation from all corners than "kill" or "abort" my child! My parents made that aspect very clear to me!  It is not about the man my dear.  It is about your life and your unborn child's life.  I can only hope most gals will protect themselves against unwanted "pregs"!  My papa tell me say if I carry belle---I must born am! So ladies take care of yourselves first and worry about the man later! 

If I was not married with children, I would prefer to be a single mother even if the man abandoned me!  Killling my baby is not an option, because I want to look like a "sexy" bride! It is all about what is important to the individual ladies! Piorities ladies, priorities!
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by teeirl: 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2007
Have you learnt the facts of life yet?? Well usually when you have UNPROTECTED sex you stand a chance of getting a girl pregnant so these people are obviously having alot of unproteceted sex b4 they get married. It seems to be the only olution i can come up with, grin grin grin
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ozoneflake(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2007
No trust! The man gotta make sure her lady is fertile.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by doncaster(m): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2007
thats just fertility test, once confirmed wedding fixed and invitation will exchange hands. before who wan marry fellow man, i should rather turn GUY period
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by samsondavi(m): 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2007
If you want to do your own don't prsg and see what
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by olutomiwa(m): 5:38pm On Jun 28, 2007
bcosmen dey check the[b] ENGINE OF THE CAR [/b] wey dem won buy,2 be sure say d[b] ENGINE DEY GOOD[/b]if na u nko u no go check d motor before u buy am?
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by mekoyo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2007
Yes it is now a common trend mostly among the eastern part of Nigeria.

It's mostly because they want the woman or wife to be to prove that she can concieve, so they have sex beforemarriage. Imagine that?

This is totally wrong, very wrong, this should not be common practice among us. Where is our faith, our culture, our dignity, we have cast them to the dogs.

Haba. sad sad sad
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by saucekid(m): 1:36pm On Sep 14, 2007
@ poster,

do you mean to say you dont know? shocked shocked

i'll enlighten you,

the man wants to checkout if he's getting married to bone or flesh. thats why most brides are pregnant on their wedding day
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by iyaaje(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2007
to be sure of wetn you dey go keep for house life.
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by olanajim(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2007
Well that may not be the only reason. You have outlined the negatives without the positive. That is fallacious!
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by olanajim(m): 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2007
Well that may not be the only reason. You have outlined the negatives without the positive. That is fallacious!
Re: Why Are So Many Brides Pregnant On Their Wedding Day? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2007
I have no problem with it as long as they dont dare try wearing white during the church service. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have U Seduced A Pastor/man/woman Of God? How?why?when? / Do Real Men Cry? Must Real Men Show No Emotion? / Guys Can You Seduce A Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.