Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse (33100 Views)

Hope Uzodinma: Gulak's Death Is A Clear Case Of Political Assassination / Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by NevetsIbot(m): 9:45am On Aug 04, 2020
EmagNig:
Well, it didnt look like she beated the boy

It doesn't look like she what!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by ransomed: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2020
An attempt to divert our attention from the killings, looting , and banditry going on.
Madam, park well.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by roughneck: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2020
my daughter of the same age cries this much when I send her to her room as a punishment.. where did you see the child being spanked in any way in the video..
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Fourwinds: 10:01am On Aug 04, 2020
ethicallyright:

The children are the future. It's not only about infrastructures. It's about cultures and ideologies. Build whatever infrastructure you want and without the right orientation, those infrastructures will be worn out because of absence of proper etiquette.

Take every person in Oshodi to Oslo (Norway) and take every person in Norway to Oshodi , let them stay for 10 years and watch if Norway won't become Oshodi where people urinate and dump refuse in drainage channels.

My little nephew who attends a new generation school where pupils are not flogged was angry in the car on our way to the airport when his mother threw wraps of snacks while I was driving, he said "Mummy, it's wrong to throw wastes on the road, it causes pollution". These young ones raised without abuse have empathy for chickens and goats and definitely human life . They're not like those who were flogged but kill for rituals and loot public funds.

The new and most relevant method of upbringing in the 21st century is not beating up a child to show supremacy, or simply telling him to stop doing something. Take your child and give him half an hour long correctional talk on why he should not do it. Deny him some fun as punishment and he won't do it again. If he still does it after that it means he would still have done it after you flog him although not in your presence.

Swear that disciplinarians around you have not thrown wraps of snacks out while they were driving. Swear that disciplinarians around you take their domestic refuse to incinerators for disposal and when they get there they pour it into the tank and not near the tank or worse gutters. Tell me if a child whose parents never abused him because of a hair cut would become a SARS official and stereotype young males because of dreadlocks.

You see, no matter the roads the government build the scenarios I mentioned in the preceding paragraph will cause flooding in the long run and damage those roads.

Orientation of our young ones to be modern humans and not just hypocritical savages is as important as building infrastructures , even more important because unlike their fathers who imported the services of other people's fathers abroad to build roads and railways for them, the critical thinking and freedom liberalism breeds will make them confident to build Nigeria themselves.
you should have written this the the madam government Lauretta for their attitude to change towards the citizens...
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by payloader(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2020
Enculer:

Which bible? Black slave
you've being reading too much racist material, and who ever told you Christianity is a white man's thing? Go and do proper study whether you will find much allusion to the white race. Israelis are coloured people, not whites. The Bible, as you know it today, was translated from manuscripts written by ancient Israeli prophets and religious leaders of the time. Christianity came to Africa through the Ethiopian Eunoch, a black man serving a black queen. Roman Catholicism only came to Africa through the white missionaries. Protestantanism was brought in by our black fathers who travelled abroad and became citizens of those white nations that broke out from the Roman Catholic and Anglican communion, a movement started by Martin Luther. Don't just start insulting your fellow blackman because of his faith. That amounts to racism.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by sucess001(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2020
If they disciplined lauretta like that when she was small...she wouldnt turn out this way...spitting crap at every opportunity
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by grandstar(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2020
I'm not not a fan of beating either. My father never beat and I never stole. Simply talking to.most children works. Also, there's a need for patience. Time, patience, kindness, wholesome counsel (the best from the Bible) nd your conduct eventually achieves the results you want. (Ephesian 6:4)

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by legionISproteus: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2020
She should shut the hell up! Looking for whose family to destroy angry
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 04, 2020
icebird25:
Mtcheew. .is it everything that you compare with UK... someone can't beat discipline his/her own child again Ni..

These retards will not say power supply is regular in the UK, there is social security in the UK etc. But anything that doesn't make sense, they jump "in the UK and US..."
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by EmagNig(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2020
NevetsIbot:

It doesn't look like she what!!!!!!

well, I have American friends and they say that often
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Sleekmilan01(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2020
This woman is mad....
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Lauretard Onocheat, in the UK the kids they allow to go rotten when they start paying the society back they have a police department and justice system that can combat that. So, when you create monsters here who will treat that? Those drunk bozos in the Nigerian Police Farce?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2020
Stupid woman..

In UK??

Tell me one sector of Nigeria that measure up with UK..

Embezzlement Merchants undecided

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Jeezbaby(f): 10:31am On Aug 04, 2020
is this woman kidding me or something? So I have no right to correct my own child whenever he/she did something wrong or what rubbish is she saying? ma'am is that the way you were brought up? Stop the nonsense copy copy you are copying from the western world and train your child well so you can have peace in your old age.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by zudozz: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2020
I am still wondering how Buahri n co elevated a woman who is supposed to be in d local market selling crayfish n ugu leave and she now became important n vomit nonsense all d time....even d mother of the child was not even going to do anything to him at all
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Goldencheese(m): 10:35am On Aug 04, 2020
MhizJoyce:

With all the discipline, wetin e produce?? A bunch of corrupt politicians, lasma officials and police?? A beg the discipline thing doesn't work. It's nonsense!

It worked for me and several others I know.

Tough love works.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by bolayei: 10:39am On Aug 04, 2020
SOFTENGR:
Madam, don't speak when you're high.
Was the boy spanked in that video?

The boy was not spanked in the video but he has been subjected to whipping consequently hence the reason he was pleading with his mother.

2 Likes

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Durchess(f): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2020
Well, the video didnt show the mother beating the boy, so this child abuse claim is baseless.
Anyway I no blame anybody, if she had not posted the video, no one will come online to tell her how to correct her child.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by mankan2k7(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2020
Buhari that has been abusing the whole country left and right, what have u done to it.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Seunpaul01(m): 10:41am On Aug 04, 2020
Balderdash!

The two holy books supported that parent should scold their children if they go extremely wrong.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Biodun1929(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2020
SOFTENGR:
Madam, don't speak when you're high.
Was the boy spanked in that video?

Exactly
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by monfizzy(m): 10:43am On Aug 04, 2020
Nigerians and you’ve to beat and discipline a child yen yen yen so they can have good morals when they grow up. Me wondering how come all the criminal yahoo boys, thieving politicians etc are into these vices when they were disciplined the “Nigerian” way. A country where most have criminal mindset with many others hoping to get a quick fix at wealth without putting in any hard work preaching about morals. Ndi ara be deceiving yourselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by ZooOga: 10:43am On Aug 04, 2020
Bossontop:
undecided
This is So rich coming from a chronic palm wine drunkard well known for abusing people left, right and center.....mtcheewww

good one boss, i was hoping someone posted that popular pic. grin
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by blackfase(m): 10:44am On Aug 04, 2020
And what do we call what you politicians have been doing to Nigerians all through these decades?
They always quick to compare to the west in times like this. How about other areas where the west looks after its citizens without let or hindrance?Hypocr....s
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by ProfAmaben(m): 10:46am On Aug 04, 2020
I'm fully in support of Lauretta. With all the beatings our parents gave to us, that didn't stop many from being cultists, prostitutes, armed robbers, corrupt leaders etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Champele(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2020
icebird25:
Mtcheew. .is it everything that you compare with UK... someone can't beat discipline his/her own child again Ni..
You with your mumu discipline style. You don't even know the after effects of una archaic disciplinary actions. Ndi isi!

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by edoairways: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2020
muykem:
You are very wrong ma. You can't know more than bible. Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die pro 23v13.
The bible you quote never said you should use cane

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by judedwriter(m): 10:53am On Aug 04, 2020
muykem:
You are very wrong ma. You can't know more than bible. Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die pro 23v13.

Yes, correction but not abuse.

There is a thin line between correction and abuse.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Champele(m): 10:54am On Aug 04, 2020
Nigerians with abusing their kids is like 5 and 6. Ndiara
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Champele(m): 10:58am On Aug 04, 2020
payloader:
you've being reading too much racist material, and who ever told you Christianity is a white man's thing? Go and do proper study whether you will find much allusion to the white race. Israelis are coloured people, not whites. The Bible, as you know it today, was translated from manuscripts written by ancient Israeli prophets and religious leaders of the time. Christianity came to Africa through the Ethiopian Eunoch, a black man serving a black queen. Roman Catholicism only came to Africa through the white missionaries. Protestantanism was brought in by our black fathers who travelled abroad and became citizens of those white nations that broke out from the Roman Catholic and Anglican communion, a movement started by Martin Luther. Don't just start insulting your fellow blackman because of his faith. That amounts to racism.
Rubbish. Religion is the reason you abuse your kids. Sip it

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by oglalasioux(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=ekerintee post=92439222][/quote]

Please learn how to quote and mention in a post. Your mention makes it look like I wrote your opinion. Kindly correct. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Champele(m): 11:01am On Aug 04, 2020
Damseldammie:
Old woman, is this how you train your children.
Can't one scold little child for a misdeed again.... Ìyá e máa ba aye je fun wa

DISCIPLINE IS NECESSARY FOR A GOOD UPBRINGING

E ńle momo
You will not get to her age with your abused mind. Write it down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Receives Certificate Of Return As Labour Party Presidential Candidate / Peter Obi Meets Olu Of Warri (photos) / Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.