Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse (33106 Views)

Hope Uzodinma: Gulak's Death Is A Clear Case Of Political Assassination / Flag Of Nigerian High Commission In The UK Pulled Down (Video) / Sanwo-Olu To Meet The Boy In The “Mummy Calm Down “ Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by mentored: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2020
Ejima1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t24NQxyf8jg
The “mummy calm down “ video is a clear case of child abuse and not discipline — Pres. Buhari’s aide

https://mobile.twitter.com/Laurestar/status/1290192758624227328

They have come again.

Can you raise your child in the UK

UK this Afghanistan that!!!
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by mentored: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2020
Ejima1:

The “mummy calm down “ video is a clear case of child abuse and not discipline — Pres. Buhari’s aide

Madam notjustok.com

What Good thing have you and your lots brought from UK and replicated in Nigeria

NOTHING!!!

Shutthefuckup
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by mencer(m): 11:10am On Aug 04, 2020
Don't talk like oyinbo people we are Nigerians and we discipline our chi3
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by descarado: 11:11am On Aug 04, 2020
oglalasioux:
I strongly agree with Onochie. I was equally distressed for days after watching that video. Making a child beg that way is a no no for me.
That woman didn't know the implications of what she did.

Very low IQ lady.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by MhizJoyce(f): 11:24am On Aug 04, 2020
philiancoop:

So, it's because of corporal punishment that Nigerian politicians are corrupt?

it's like saying, we've been going to school since we were born and Nigerian politicians are still corrupt, let's stop going to school.

Why don't we stop other things like getting married, having children, building houses or going to school, or even drinking water. There's no connection!

THINK!!!
The only thing that separates us from the western world when it comes to education is what I'm pointing out here, silly!! Don't you see the difference in training??
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by postmann: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Of all the people satan could hire na this fugly bìtch with sawdust brain nain devil see.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by naturefellow(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2020
She may be right. But who rates this woman anyway?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Offortex: 11:40am On Aug 04, 2020
No matter your level of academic attainment: The foolishness of God is wiser than the wisdom of man. Onochie abi wetin den call you go read your Bible : Proverb 23 vs 13-14 so that you will have sense!
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 04, 2020
I hate to insult people but this woman is tempting me. The hypocrisy here stinks so bad. If she cares so much about children how about children who's parents have been wiped out by bandits? How about the orphans of soldiers fighting for the country? How about out of school children? Nigeria has the most out of school in the world. Nigeria is among the worst countries for a child's growth and development.
All of these are due to Mr President and his cronies' ineptitude and rubbish policies.

But all this woman cares about is scoring likes and retweets on twitter. Rubbish
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Rushna27(f): 11:45am On Aug 04, 2020
baseless point. a parent is allowed to discipline his /her child...... from d video it's obvious it's not d first time d dude is indulging in such act which prompt d mom to record it for reference purpose should in case d dude commit such act again. UK way no dey discipline pikin dats y d pikin dey shoot dem with gun na. Make pikin dey use police scare him mama and Papa.... Una yeye dey smell
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by King44(m): 11:57am On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

If you are not a fool, you would have known that there are many ways to discipline a child without flogging.
So what are you, finally
I am not suppose to say something but I have to.

When did flogging as a form of discipline become an abuse?

There are different strokes for different folks, there are some children who yield easily to flogging, while there are some who doesn't yield to other forms of discipline you have in mind.

As long you flog responsibly there is no problem... Which ever way any parent chose is none of anybody's business.

There are some children you have to combine both flogging and the other form of discipline. You can't use other form of discipline on some amazingly stubborn kids always because it won't work but when you give them few strokes just ones they would never forget.

We are Africans not Westerners, all of my brothers and sister that are doing well in life are all products of flogging, I wasn't left out because that man called my father has no time for pampering kids, no time.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by anonimi: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2020
King44:
I am not suppose to say something but I have to.

When did flogging as a form of discipline become an abuse?

There are different strokes for different folks, there are some child who yield easily to flogging, while there are some who doesn't yield to other forms of discipline you have in mind.

As long you flog responsibly there is no problem... Which ever way any parent chose is none of anybody's business.

There are some child you have to combine both flogging and the other form of discipline. You can't use other form of discipline on some amazingly stubborn kids always because it won't work but when you give them few strokes just ones they would never forget.

We are Africans not Westerners, all of my brothers and sister that are doing well in life are all products of flogging, I wasn't left out because that man called my father has no time for pampering kids, no time.

You are Africans yet you celebrate birthdays shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Chikachiz86: 12:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
I don't understand this woman at all, she is speaking as if she's not an African mother, An African child must be trained with cain to be a good citizen of the country. Its a shame she is an Igbo woman
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by King44(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

You are Africans yet you celebrate birthdays shocked shocked
What are you saying

I am lost
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by SideInkom: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
Children should not be disciplined again
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by anonimi: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
King44:
What are you saying

I am lost

Did you not say that you are not westerners to justify flogging

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by essy1(f): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
abeg here look like the UK sad sad
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Elmander1983(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Meanwhile she nearly kee person pikin with beating before. Abeg where puppi? Come hush her up grin
Ejima1:

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by philiancoop(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
MhizJoyce:

The only thing that separates us from the western world when it comes to education is what I'm pointing out here, silly!! Don't you see the difference in training??

lol... that is not the only thing. Even black people in the US have higher crime rate.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Kiloseria: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pls ma, are you a Christian? Then read your Bible. Even in the Quran, it is not forbidden to flog children. Just do it moderately.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Heneva: 12:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Don't mind her, what if the child was beaten. Are we not suppose to discipline an erring child? I'm sure if they were disciplined, they won't be ruling Nigeria to its grave.
SOFTENGR:
Madam, don't speak when you're high.
Was the boy spanked in that video?
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Omoejigbahe(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
Someone should buy this woman a keg of kainkain. She is always spewing rubbish
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Heneva: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thank you for this question. It is only not beatings child policy that she saw in the UK, the other good things de fear Nigerian soil?.
mentored:

Madam notjustok.com

What Good thing have you and your lots brought from UK and replicated in Nigeria

NOTHING!!!

Shutthefuckup

1 Like

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Acidosis(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=ethicallyright post=92440565]

The children are the future. It's not only about infrastructures. It's about cultures and ideologies. Build whatever infrastructure you want and without the right orientation, those infrastructures will be worn out because of absence of proper etiquette.

Take every person in Oshodi to Oslo (Norway) and take every person in Norway to Oshodi , let them stay for 10 years and watch if Norway won't become Oshodi where people urinate and dump refuse in drainage channels.

How come the over 2 million Nigerians in the UK and US have not turned these countries to Somalia and Venezuela?

My little nephew who attends a new generation school where pupils are not flogged was angry in the car on our way to the airport when his mother threw wraps of snacks while I was driving, he said "Mummy, it's wrong to throw wastes on the road, it causes pollution". These young ones raised without abuse have empathy for chickens and goats and definitely human life . They're not like those who were flogged but kill for rituals and loot public funds.

Your cousin attends a new generation school so I'm not surprised.

The new and most relevant method of upbringing in the 21st century is not beating up a child to show supremacy, or simply telling him to stop doing something. Take your child and give him half an hour long correctional talk on why he should not do it. Deny him some fun as punishment and he won't do it again. If he still does it after that it means he would still have done it after you flog him although not in your presence.

The reality is that your recommendation will not work without the right infrastructures which include good education. Simply making laws to protect little children when the country don't even have the records of newborns is a waste of judicial time. This is what we have been doing since 1960, copying laws from the US and UK when the reality on ground is only comparable to Venezuela, the remote parts of India and South Sudan. The system has to be similar with what obtains in the UK for those laws to work here.

Swear that disciplinarians around you have not thrown wraps of snacks out while they were driving. Swear that disciplinarians around you take their domestic refuse to incinerators for disposal and when they get there they pour it into the tank and not near the tank or worse gutters. Tell me if a child whose parents never abused him because of a hair cut would become a SARS official and stereotype young males because of dreadlocks.

You have a great point here.. The only explanation for this is that most parents simply don't care about the society. As far as they do what they feel is best for their kids, the gutters can stink to high heavens. It's not hypocrisy.

You see, no matter the roads the government build the scenarios I mentioned in the preceding paragraph will cause flooding in the long run and damage those roads.

Governance is a top-down, not bottom-up, phenomenon. If I'm convinced that the monies allocated for the road construction project was largely siphoned, I will do nothing in terms of maintenance. Whoever stole the money should take full responsibility for the maintenance.

Orientation of our young ones to be modern humans and not just hypocritical savages is as important as building infrastructures , even more important because unlike their fathers who imported the services of other people's fathers abroad to build roads and railways for them, the critical thinking and freedom liberalism breeds will make them confident to build Nigeria themselves.

Unfortunately, the old cannot give to the young what they do not have. Nigeria's illiteracy/corruption rate is one of the highest in the world. Don't expect Nigeria to be like US or UK anytime soon.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
anonimi:

Do UK citizens collect stomach infrastructure to vote for their leaders, or they donate money and volunteer time & talents to support credible candidates?
You don't know what you are saying with your crude entitlement mentality.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4916463_img1217_jpegf36bc6f0e3954883e8b3b5a692deed65
. I dont blame you, had your parents disciplined you like that boy's Mother, you would have known how to respect people when airing your point of view.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by owila4luv(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
madam palmy keep quiet!! Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child, it's 100% discipline! This Is Not Uk, he You Must Compare Nigeria To Uk, Then Do It InTerms Of Economy, Security, etc Tell Baba to Resign Including you Oniche abi Onuche!
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by DarkJeddi(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Golan007:
I concur.

I couldn't watch the video because the wailing sounded like GamalNasser.
What exactly did you see in the video?

Na wailing you hear? shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Dedetwo(m): 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
Both Governor of Lagos State and Loretta are big fools for any involvement in this disciplinary session. I must say that the young man is very smart and should be guided by his parents.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Angelacruz: 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
icebird25:
Mtcheew. .is it everything that you compare with UK... someone can't beat discipline his/her own child again Ni..
as in...he does not have what to say.
Re: Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse by Angelacruz: 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
chiiraq802:
The one Buhari is doing on Nigerians, dat one is not Human Abuse baaa #Odeangry
hahahh...very funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

CBN Plagiarised eNaira Policy Document From American JLG Website - Gazette / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun / NIA Collected $289m Cash From NAPIMS Account In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.