Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 (55130 Views)

Uk Used Hp Probook 6450b - 8gb Ram, Core I5 At 82k Only *sold / UK Used HP 6450B - 8GB RAM, Core i5 At 80k / My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
@folarr

If it has 1gb dedicated graphics, it may mean that the game isn't running in the dedicated graphics.

Try this
Press ctrl-alt-esc together, it will open the task manager, from the tabs, you'll see "performance", click on it and it will show your laptops hardware.
Somewhere in there you'll see the name of the dedicated graphics on this your and usage should be at %0

Minimize the task manager and run any game, when the game is running minimize it(don't close or exit), then go back to the task manager and check if the percentage on the dedicated graphics card has increased.

If it doesn't, your system may be having driver issues and you may need to reinstall the graphics card drivers
Thank You.
I found out I didn't have up to date graphics drivers, now even with the 3gb of RAM the game is managing 30 fps
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Grateful02(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Motivational speaker don land o
ForeThinker:
You failed to do proper research before buying

Hence your pangs of conscience...

The Gods are angry with you
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by stevebond007(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
Wow...

Out of topic shaa
Buh if you wan play GTA5, you go need better VRAM of about 1GB
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Ayosman1: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
I have a clean probook laptop, big screen for a negotiable price...08020777072
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

Thank You.
I found out I didn't have up to date graphics drivers, now even with the 3gb of RAM the game is managing 30 fps
enjoy bro
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by oluspicy: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
I know that guy called Alfa, always calling me whenever he sees me at Computer Village, thinking my destiny lies in the laptops he sells.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by IbrahimMav: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

First of.. No 65k system can play gta 5 at 60fps(even at lowest settings

If it runs better on your friend's pc, a lot of things(besides the ram) can contribute to that.

The processor inside your friends pc might be a different gen.

Judging by the 10-15fps you said, I can bet yours is 2nd/3rd gen grin(been there).

Your friends pc may contain an ssd(hence the faster boot)

Your friend might have been lucky to get one with older Nvidia card(happens sometimes, even seller may not know it has dedicated graphics)

You've gotten yours for a while now and you've probably never Defrag your hard drive before

Your pc components may have accumulated dust(maybe you use it on the bed or rug)

Your hard drive might be failing

Then lastly.. RAM. Besides the 1gb difference between both PCs, your friend's laptop might contain 2x2gb rams, which has been proven to help laptops without dedicated graphics when gaming cos when there's no dedicated graphics on a laptop, it draws power from the ram.
So, when there's two rams of the same capacity in a laptop. It helps gaming.
I call it "low budget SLI"

There is a lot of things to know about computers..

I want to buy a HP pavilion 15 laptop with decent specifications.

Specs;

Cpu: Intel Core i5 (5th Gen) 5200U/ 2.2GHz

Max Turbo Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Cores: Dual-Core

Ram: 4GB (Upgradeable to 8GB)

Resolution: 1366 x 768 (HD)

HDD: 1TB

Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Graphics Memory: 2005 MB (2GB)

So my question is will this laptop be able to handle GTA V without lagging.

Please I need your input before I can make my final decision.

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Elanqy: 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
How did this make fp[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by xcelentattitude(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
I was surprised the mods allowed people to comment without swearing, considering the "Alfa" thingy... grin
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by PattyMike(m): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:
Nairalanders, Please I Need Advice

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?

Bro, I have used this PC personally. Over the last 8 years I have use over 13 laptops including a MacBook air 2013. And besides my Mac, this ProBook is among the best top 3 in terms of durability and performance for a low cost PC. I used it for roughly two years, I was looking for excuse so it would spoil so I get another one cus I was tired. Don't bother Alfa, if u want u can make ur own 6 GB ram sef. It's like a memory card that u buy and they slot it in for you. Just buy a 2gb ram slot, they will remove the 1gb from ur 3gb and add the 2gb u bought making 2+2= 4GB. It should not be more than 2 or 3,500.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by error4040: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Can the NVidia graphics card be added? If yes, got any idea on the price?

To my understanding using a laptop theirs NO WAY one can upgrade Graphics card like for instance having NVidia1050 and you want to upgrade to NVidia1060. It's not possible because Most graphics card are attached to the motherboard. The only thing is update of graphics versions apart from that just forget it. BUT on Desktops you can upgrade to your satisfaction because most cards can be replaced easily. That's why most times Gamers hate to admit Gamming on PC is way better than consoles.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by error4040: 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Is it possible to add a dedicated graphics card?
I also have a probook (6470b) but I just want to play PES or FIFA, not really a gaming person
It's not possible
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by joshuaidibia(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?

DON'T BUY SECOND HAND ELECTRONICS
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
IbrahimMav:

I want to buy a HP pavilion 15 laptop with decent specifications.

Specs;

Cpu: Intel Core i5 (5th Gen) 5200U/ 2.2GHz

Max Turbo Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Cores: Dual-Core

Ram: 4GB (Upgradeable to 8GB)

Resolution: 1366 x 768 (HD)

HDD: 1TB

Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Graphics Memory: 2005 MB (2GB)

So my question is will this laptop be able to handle GTA V without lagging.

Please I need your input before I can make my final decision.

what do you want to do with it?

And how much?
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by andyanders: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Since you are now his good customer of his, by referencing someone to him, just meet him on a friendly manner and plead to him to either change it for you or upgrade it, OR still get a better one and add some money by trading in your present one.

Never blame him if you want to resolve this and get result as you have had yours for sometime now. It could be dust or virus that slow your system. Goodluck.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Tab4kids(f): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
SmartPolician:
How can you buy a laptop without checking the RAM and ROM?

Those memories are a must-check

Take it to him, he may upgrade the RAM if he's a nice person. RAM doesn't cost much.

When I bought a fairly used laptop from Computer Village, the fan started having issues 2 days later.

I took it to the seller and he took it to the guy who fixed it.

Today, the laptop is still intact

Please like how much does it cost to increase RAM on a 7 inch tablet
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by holar2ge(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
Why do I feel this ia Dr Ali??
lekjons:
Lol

If it runs better on your friend's pc, a lot of things(besides the ram) can contribute to that.

Judging by the 10-15fps you said, I can bet yours is 2nd/3rd gen grin(been there).

Your friend might have been lucky to get one with older Nvidia card(happens sometimes, even seller may not know it has dedicated graphics)

You've gotten yours for a while now and you've probably never Defrag your hard drive before

Your pc components may have accumulated dust(maybe you use it on the bed or rug)

Then lastly.. RAM. Besides the 1gb difference between both PCs, your friend's laptop might contain 2x2gb rams, which has been proven to help laptops without dedicated graphics when gaming cos when there's no dedicated graphics on a laptop, it draws power from the ram.

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Bukasint(f): 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

It seems you know much about laptop pls can I have your number I need to purchase a new laptop and am highly confused at the moment pls help me thanks...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
goldcoinhub:
I want sell my Hp Folio ooo

N80K

picture pls
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
Xup bro... Seems like you know alot about computers. I want to buy a laptop , can you please give me the specs of the type that would serve me well?
lekjons:
Lol

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by IbrahimMav: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
lekjons:
what do you want to do with it?

And how much?

To assist me in my business + light gaming on the side.

150k.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by SmartPolician: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Tab4kids:

Please like how much does it cost to increase RAM on a 7 inch tablet

I didn't say i sell grin

You can call Zion: 08091500429 for more information
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Codes151(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
Small children problems
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Tab4kids(f): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
SmartPolician:

I didn't say i sell grin

You can call Zion: 08091500429 for more information

Alright thanks alot. I only just wanted to get a general idea of how much it sells though...
Thanks for the contact

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by fof1: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

LET ALFA KNOW. CALL HIS ATTENTION TO ITS CHANGE... FINAL
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
IbrahimMav:

To assist me in my business + light gaming on the side.

150k.
you have to know the model of the dedicated graphics card, not just "2gb dedicated" "4gb dedicated".

The model should be "gtx-something".

Examples are; gt 720m, 820m...
Gtx 860m, 880m, 1050, 1060...

Check the website again

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
realokopi:
Xup bro... Seems like you know alot about computers. I want to buy a laptop , can you please give me the specs of the type that would serve me well?
depends on your budget
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by lekjons(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
Bukasint:

It seems you know much about laptop pls can I have your number I need to purchase a new laptop and am highly confused at the moment pls help me thanks...
https:///2348162363838
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
Bro can you help me buy that same specs of your friend for me as long as it can play GTA v it can run pubg pc
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by stchinedu: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
budaatum:
You can try, but I'd be very surprised if you're not told you bought as seen. One bright side of this though, is your friend got the better machine. It would have been awkward the other way round.

Oh! The "Alfa" bit? Irrelevant. Unless the transaction was in a mosque.

Point clearly made

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by superfitsez(m): 8:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
goldcoinhub:
I want sell my Hp Folio ooo
N80K
make I give you 10,500,abeg, you nah my man
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ymstar(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Submarine Cable - Glo-1 / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000% / Let's Have Your "Computers Section" Complaints/Suggestions/Observations Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.