Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 (55141 Views)

Uk Used Hp Probook 6450b - 8gb Ram, Core I5 At 82k Only *sold / UK Used HP 6450B - 8GB RAM, Core i5 At 80k / My Regrets For Buying A London Used Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by coolcare(m): 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:
Nairalanders, Please I Need Advice

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?

Not about big deal, they will just increase your ram
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by constance500: 8:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

I bought a London used HP Probook 6450b from a guy they call "Alfa" for 65000 naira at computer village. Sometime later, my friend wanted to buy a laptop, I suggested he bought the same type I use.

He bought his for 60000 naira, when I was setting it up for him, I put on my laptop and his at the roughly same time, his laptop booted faster than mine, nothing appeared wrong at this time.

Fast forward a week, my friend bought a GTA 5 CD from computer village, after he installed the game, he gave me the CD to install the game on my laptop, but I didn't have time to play it at that moment.

When I got home, I decided to play the game, and to my surprise, the ran very slowly, around 10-15 fps, the next day, my friend called me to ask whether I was enjoying the game, I told him what happened and he was confused, he said the game was getting a minimum of 60 fps on his laptop, I then asked him how much RAM he had, he quickly checked and told me 4GB, since I didn't know how much I had, I checked mine, and to my surprise, I only had 3GB of RAM! I then checked the official specs of the laptop when it first came out, it came with 4GB of RAM!

My question is, should I go and challenge "Alfa" to get the RAM changed or should I let it slide?
You need certain drivers and softwares for your system ro run at 100..
Buy and install driver pack, direct x, physyx
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by neutral2000: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
Complain to him softly. If he respond positively, good, if he doesn't, simply let it slide. See the experience as a lesson.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by SmartPolician: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
DeeTweenie:
With this kind of situation person find herself for this country, why my blood no go hot? ���.

Make he just go upgrade the lappy when he get bal.

So true.

Our leaders have almost ruined a supposedly great country.

However, it's a question of time, and everything will be alright.

Lastly, prayers and hard work move mountains.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Shancca: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

Some Nigerians are just wicked to say the least. I have helped people to buy direct UK used laptops and I never for once tampered with the accessories. If you are sure that the inbuilt ram from the manufacturer was 4gig, then Alfa might have played on your intelligence. Oyibo no de downgrade system; they either upgrade the accessories or change to a new one and consequently send the old one to the tip.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by mercy87(f): 9:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Shancca:

Some Nigerians are just wicked to say the least. I have helped people to buy direct UK used laptops and I never for once tampered with the accessories. If you are sure that the inbuilt ram from the manufacturer was 4gig, then Alfa might have played on your intelligence. Oyibo no de downgrade system; they either upgrade the accessories or change to a new one and consequently send the old one to the tip.

Can you help me buy a direct UK used laptop pls? Where is your location?
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by TheManOfTheYear: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
error4040:

To my understanding using a laptop theirs NO WAY one can upgrade Graphics card like for instance having NVidia1050 and you want to upgrade to NVidia1060. It's not possible because Most graphics card are attached to the motherboard. The only thing is update of graphics versions apart from that just forget it. BUT on Desktops you can upgrade to your satisfaction because most cards can be replaced easily. That's why most times Gamers hate to admit Gamming on PC is way better than consoles.
Meeehn thanks for the explanation.
I guess I'll just have to upgrade the ram, I don't really play games, just football, and it's once in a while.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by sirjulius232(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
This system is complete garbage. It doesn’t last. This product of Hp is not recommended.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by jwax: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
goldcoinhub:
I want sell my Hp Folio ooo

N80K

Can you chat me up on 08168111666 with pictures of the folio. I will purchase it so long as it is neat and working fine
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by jwax: 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by folarr(m): 9:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
jwax:

You have no case against the seller. You went to his shop and was given the opportunity to inspect the market but you failed to do that. It is your loss to bear.

Secondly, GTA vice city is a very powerful game that requires a dedicated graphic processor to run smoothly. You don't expect Toyota Camry to perform the same task as a trailer. You want to get heaven and earth for peanut and this reason is why people end up buying Fufu in the market because they feast on your greed.

GTA vice city is running on your friend's system is not because of the system ram, perhaps his might have dedicated graphic card which his seller didn't notice. If he had noticed he would have sold it for nothing less than 70k.

In conclusion, I think you are trying to be greedy and do purchase what your money cannot buy. If you go back to Alfa, he will not even answer you because you inspected the system and was satisfied before making payment and now you are complaining because you have seen that of your friend.

Shoprite and Iya Risika can be selling corn but they can never go for same price or same quality. Get that
Bastard.
Check all the previous posts before you comment, animal.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by JustcallmeFavou(f): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
Sorry about that
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by jwax: 9:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
I don't blame you
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Adewale1603(m): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

Its 2.94
that's the maximum turbo speed not the base speed. Another thing is that the graphics also uses out of the ram memory, and yours being 3gb, that might also account while the game runs very well on your friends system 4gb than yours. Other factors, is to update your graphics driver, and others, update your bios up-to-date, they also affect the performance of the pc
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Raphcom: 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
folarr:

only if is not too long u bought that laptop from him, u can still try ur Lucky
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Escobar98(m): 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
IbrahimMav:

I want to buy a HP pavilion 15 laptop with decent specifications.

Specs;

Cpu: Intel Core i5 (5th Gen) 5500U/ 2.2GHz

Max Turbo Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Cores: Dual-Core

Ram: 4GB (Upgradeable to 8GB)

Resolution: 1366 x 768 (HD)

HDD: 1TB

Graphics Processor: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Graphics Memory: 2005 MB (2GB)

So my question is will this laptop be able to handle GTA V without lagging.

Please I need your input before I can make my final decision.

I would really advise you not to give it a go.

For the ram, 4gb is okay but not excellent.
The U around 5500U means the laptop is battery efficient: the laptop is designed to ensure that less workload are on the processor to ensure good battery life. So it really can't handle heavy games like PUBG, FORTNITE, eSports PES etc They're basically for business

The 2.7GHZ is okay

The graphics processor is basically not for gaming no cap.
HD620 is better, but not excellent.
Get a laptop with NVIDIA. GTX version are okay compared to GT.
AMD are also okay with at least 1gb dedicated

But altogether you could still have 15-20fps for GTA5 at low settings .
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
TheManOfTheYear:
Can the NVidia graphics card be added? If yes, got any idea on the price?

I don't think it can be added, comes with the computer processor package....can only increase as the RAM increases
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by olmoRoc: 3:01am On Aug 05, 2020
That's actually a very old notebook. You could try to install Win 10 64 bit on it. Also, just buy some more RAM. The seller might not have been aware of the difference in the amount of RAM available especially if the notebook is running a 32 bit version of Windows.

Could you please check to make sure it's running a 64 bit version of the operating system?

N.B: Don't get deceived by London, England, or American used whatever. The actual specification of the item is what you ought to be concerned about.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by SALIMAN(m): 6:15am On Aug 05, 2020
MY BEST ADVICE, IF YOU NEED TO BUY A LAPTOP ESPECUALLY FOR GAME, ALWAYS ASK FOR " LAPTOP WITH DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY " NOT ORDINARY I CORE LAPTOP THAT DECIEVE
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by SavageResponse(m): 6:48am On Aug 05, 2020
There is little you can do since the laptop was not brand new and was sold "as is"
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 05, 2020
How much did your friend get the gta 5 Cd?
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by miqos02(m): 7:22am On Aug 05, 2020
folarr:

post your system information details here, let's see the ram size.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by SUXXI(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2020
The computer does not play games and good frame rate is because of the type of laptop you bought and not necessarily the sellers fault or the bbn buyer.
I am a computer engineer and I play pc games a lot.Its because of gaming I studied computer science in school.
If a client wants to buy a laptop,first I ask is which type of work do you want to do with the laptop.
DJ laptop,gaming laptop,school and project use laptop,video editing and movie production laptop,programming laptop,hacking laptop.The work of the user will determine what I recommend.
Laptop of exactly same model may not have the same chipset motherboard and configuration.
Some laptop comes in 2 or 3 model chipset types.
Some have core i3,corei5,corei7 with intel graphics,others may come with nvidia graphics,ati radeon graphics.The graphics will determine how good it will render animation,games or high end videos.
To really enjoy games,your laptop will need to have dedicated graphics.
To check,
1.click start
2.type
Dxdiag
3.click graphics
If it is nvidia or ati radeon. Then it will play games well.
If it is intel it may not play high end games.
The ram is also important for smooth gameplay.
Each dedicated graphics also have video ram. The higher the video ram of your graphic card the better and smoother the gameplay.
To check video ram of your graphics card.
For
Windows 7.
Click start
Type :
system information
Click components
Click display
Then check adapter ram.
This will give you the size of your video ram.
If the video driver of the laptop is not installed,the games may not play or it will lag.
It will not be able to show you your video ram if the driver is not also installed.
So Alfer may be in the clear if the laptop you have does not have dedicated graphics.
You can also upgrade your ram by adding more ram to it.
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by abdulskulboy(m): 11:58am On Aug 05, 2020
folarr:

I can give you my Acer laptop for 100k
8gb ram
350gb Hdd
1gb Nvidia dedicated vram
Windows 10 pro latest update.
I have Fifa 18, gta5, COD and Hitman Games inside they all work fine.
Contact me on WhatsApp 080---56---46---0918.
The problem now is am in Abuja...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by flex04(m): 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
folarr:

It isn't a single RAM card, it was meant to be 2+2(there are two ram slots) but in the other one it was a 1gb card

I understand your point, understand it from this angle;
-It could be that you didn't bargain well, so stop feeling cheated
-If you feel that the ram could be playing a role in the lagging system... just go shine eye for the guy provided he is supposed to sell something more that 3 gig to you...give him 2GB so he can drop 4gb, depending on how things take go, you fit reason am 1 or 2k

-No be fight

SUXXI:
The computer does not play games and good frame rate is because of the type of laptop you bought and not necessarily the sellers fault or the bbn buyer.
If a client wants to buy a laptop,first I ask is which type of work do you want to do with the laptop.
DJ laptop,gaming laptop,school and project use laptop,video editing and movie production laptop,programming laptop,hacking laptop.The work of the user will determine what I recommend.

I swear go read everything this guy talk... he said my mind in that long epistle grin
I knew the main reason i bought my latitude 3330 was because it just for programming, so at some point if it lags at video editing....i understand
i have plans for getting one for film making and high graphic software
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by skedy1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2020
lekjons:
Lol

First of.. No 65k system can play gta 5 at 60fps(even at lowest settings

If it runs better on your friend's pc, a lot of things(besides the ram) can contribute to that.

The processor inside your friends pc might be a different gen.

Judging by the 10-15fps you said, I can bet yours is 2nd/3rd gen grin(been there).

Your friends pc may contain an ssd(hence the faster boot)

Your friend might have been lucky to get one with older Nvidia card(happens sometimes, even seller may not know it has dedicated graphics)

You've gotten yours for a while now and you've probably never Defrag your hard drive before

Your pc components might have accumulated dust(maybe you use it on the bed or rug)

Your hard drive might be failing

Then lastly.. RAM. Besides the 1gb difference between both PCs, your friend's laptop might contain 2x2gb rams, which has been proven to help laptops without dedicated graphics when gaming cos when there's no dedicated graphics on a laptop, it draws power from the ram.
So, when there's two rams of the same capacity in a laptop. It helps gaming.
I call it "low budget SLI"

There is a lot to know about computers..

Weldon ooo
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by IbrahimMav: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2020
Escobar98:
I would really advise you not to give it a go.

For the ram, 4gb is okay but not excellent.
The U around 5500U means the laptop is battery efficient: the laptop is designed to ensure that less workload are on the processor to ensure good battery life. So it really can't handle heavy games like PUBG, FORTNITE, eSports PES etc They're basically for business

The 2.7GHZ is okay

The graphics processor is basically not for gaming no cap.
HD620 is better, but not excellent.
Get a laptop with NVIDIA. GTX version are okay compared to GT.
AMD are also okay with at least 1gb dedicated

But altogether you could still have 15-20fps for GTA5 at low settings .

Thanks a bunch, but a computer engineer told me that if I upgraded the 4gb ddr3 ram to 8gb, it will run heavy games at 30 - 40 fps on low to mid settings. He said my graphics processor is okay and should be able to handle the games fairly comfortably since Intel HD Graphics 5500 (5th generation) processor is designed to use ram memory as video ram, so with 8gb ram, at least, 1.5 - 2gb of ram will be used as vram.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by horllamy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
goldcoinhub:

N80K

The picture
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by nunclud: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
horllamy:

The picture

Post it here.

We connect Seller to buyers. We help you sell your products fast and advertise your business by giving you a free platform to advertise your services.
Visit https://distressmarket.com now to start posting your advertisements for free.
Share with your friends and family so that your ads can get a wider audience. We are here to help each other grow.

Follow us on our social media handle

Instagram: @distressmarketng
Twitter: @distressmarket
Facebook: https:///distressmarket

Like and share...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by nunclud: 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
goldcoinhub:

N80K

We connect Seller to buyers. We help you sell your products fast and advertise your business by giving you a free platform to advertise your services.
Visit https://distressmarket.com now to start posting your advertisements for free.
Share with your friends and family so that your ads can get a wider audience. We are here to help each other grow.

Follow us on our social media handle

Instagram: @distressmarketng
Twitter: @distressmarket
Facebook: https:///distressmarket

Like and share...
Re: What Happened After I Bought A London Used HP Probook 6450b For N65,000 by Digitiminimi: 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2020
Iamsane:

Because they are the one that should be on the wrong end of a bad deal.
Ah! Think before you type, Chief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Submarine Cable - Glo-1 / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000% / Let's Have Your "Computers Section" Complaints/Suggestions/Observations Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.