Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

#RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) (51377 Views)

'Revolution Now' October 1st Protest Ongoing In Edo State (Photos) / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Omoyele Sowore’s Arrest By DSS Over #revolutionnow Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by saajus: 11:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Is that a gun muzzle? If it is, that's dangerous. Guns should always be pointing down so that there won't be casualities in case of accidental discharge.

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by FlordFlorez(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Only if we all can come out en-masse for this protest, something good will surely come out of it. But take a look at the person calling for the action, he's part of our problem! He once supported this government! Whatever is the outcome, i dont give a f**k!
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by robosky02(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Ok

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2020
englishmart:
After arresting over 40 persons, what did the rest do? Run away right?
People wey no get mind don't protest in countries like Cameroon, Burundi, Nigeria, etc.
God knows I'd fight with my last drop of blood if only I was there
Nigeria...we are not our brothers keepers, especially down south. How many times do we see policemen harrasing people on the highway in the name of searching "yahoo boys", do we stop them? I wont be surprised to see a counter protest by another set of protesters against sowore. Thats how shitty we are as a people, until we go our seperate ways.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Royalfurnitures: 11:25am On Aug 05, 2020
I know it would be so.....Sowore thought this is GEJ govt

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Charly68: 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
So it has not occurred to these military men that the civil society is fighting for their interest? I pity them oo!
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Grandmeister(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
tammie24:
I wish the whole country would agree and come out to protest

Let's see how they'll arrest everybody
Does that include 5 percenters? Lol jokers!
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by wealth2al(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
Very funny country.

Nigeria!

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Legacy001: 11:26am On Aug 05, 2020
The problem of this country can never be subjected to checks an balances until the whole south unite. Especially the Igbos and the Yorubas.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by dheilaw1(m): 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, what would you suggest or counsel??! We should all fold our hands and pretend our way into complete desolation!!!

This nation is dying right before your eyes... Can't you see it??! What is the way forward??!
the way forward is not playing into the hands of the devourer, but getting our priority right by constitutionally voting out these jackals and put the better ones. But the question is, are we really ready to take it back?
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by ednut1(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Revolution cannot work here. A military coup can

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by perdollar(m): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2020
all ds afonjas that can only make noise. na for here NA dey show there strength.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by dheilaw1(m): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
Johnrake69:

Who criminalized the word 'Revolution'? And can you point out the sections of our constitution to educate us sir?
why don't you check your dictionary and see the simple meaning of revolution? Maybe you can then relate it to the word "coup" in the military parlance
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Legacy001: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
The problem of this country can never be subjected to checks an balances until the whole south unite and accept to share each others pain.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Nemere2020: 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
RevolutionNow kicks off in Ondo

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Legacy001: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2020
The problem of this country can never be subjected to checks an balances until the whole s0uth unite and accept to share each others pain
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Angelfrost(m): 11:31am On Aug 05, 2020
dheilaw1:
the way forward is not playing into the hands of the devourer, but getting our priority right by constitutionally voting out these jackals and put the better ones. But the question is, are we really ready to take it back?

You can only succeed at the polls where and when they are free and fair... The last time such a rare thing happened was under Jonathan in 2015!

So rare was it that the man who allowed such is still being celebrated all over Africa and the universe, till tomorrow!!!... Buhari could never have won in a free and fair election last year. Facts!!!.. You don't need to live in denial! Look at the pathetic and laughable case of Imo state... How was that fair to people who came out en masse to vote??!
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by slimanyd: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
sammsimm:

That's Pelumi olagbesin.... A PDP member
No be only pdp , Drp nko . Nah una give am the party card . Later on, u go even talk say sowore sef is been sponsored by PDP.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Bigchristo: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
YorubaLord:
So what's their offense?

Exercising their fundamental rights to a Peaceful protest? angry

WTF? Where are the so called human rights activists and stupid Lawyers are in this nation to oppose this nonsense? angry

The protests is for their fvcking benefit if I recall. These fools would forever be fools!
as far as there is no money, they won’t bother themselves to act this is why the country is currently corrupt

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by almayda: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
Where is the person leading the revolution,just like Mandela,Martin Luther King,etc for a meaningful revolution,the revolutionary must be at front otherwise it will be like,make una go face the bullets,I'll be here praying for you.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by TwentyOnePilots(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2020
EJanni:
Happy birthday to me!

Guys say a birthday prayer for me! Thanks

Happy Birthday to you! Have a great one.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by quest118(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
using hammer to kill mosquito.
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by michoim(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
Nonsense
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by CioAngels(f): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Sowore went into hiding and asked people to protest
Did I hear you say Sowore went into hiding? Most unfair statement, during his first coming did you support him? Am very sure the answer will be, No. If me as elderly can campaign for him at lagbus stop, while your likes are there hurling insults at him. Am very sure you are a youth and Nigeria remains scary sights for youths. Instead of having group to forge this course ahead for your tommrrow, you all are wrongly criticising those that are putting their lives for the good of the country/youths. Nigeria has been sold to China, maybe, many of us will like that, just asking?

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Nemere2020: 11:36am On Aug 05, 2020
FLASH: About 30 Peaceful #RevolutionNow Protesters Arrested In Lagos By @PoliceNG

#August5thProtest #DaysofRage
https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1290960088035921920?s=19
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by dheilaw1(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

You can only succeed at the polls where and when they are free and fair... The last time such a rare thing happened was under Jonathan in 2015!

So rare was it that the man who allowed such is still being celebrated all over Africa and the universe, till tomorrow!!!... Buhari could never have won in a free and fair election last year. Facts!!!.. You don't need to live in denial! Look at the pathetic and laughable case of Imo state... How was that fair to people who came out en masse to vote??!
are you now saying REVOLUTION NOW is the best way to go? Tell me anywhere in the world that a government will close it's eyes and see revolution happen. Imo case is pathetic, but I can't said to be pathetic when Zamfara is not mentioned alongside
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by juniorstar(m): 11:38am On Aug 05, 2020
as long as these protester do not violate the law. they shouldn't be disrupted. they are simply demanding their rights and to those men in gun sent by their masters in high places i pity them. instead of them to think of their childrens future. they are busy obeying their task master. whatever befall them and their children they deserve it and do not deserve any mercy. they stay in dilapidated barrack with mosquito and all sorts, their children go to pooly equipped schools, they feed their wives and children with crumbs and drink their sorrow away with kaikai fools in uniform. who cant think. their colleagues are dying up north cos of pack of equipment to mount up resistance against insurgency. check their networth non of these men carrying guns is worth more than 10m if they die today they would be forgotten and given secret burial. these are the main enemy of our nations. their masters live in palatial mansions in Abuja and own houses in dubai. these ones own nothing just be carrying gun up and down acting as mobile terrorists. if they die tomorrow let men avoid their graves like a plague cos they are the main reason why we are here today. instead of them to lay down their lives and blow the brains out of those corrupt leaders let there be fear in the camp of the our nations enemy. we need patriotic soldiers who are prepared to lay down their lives for the betterment of the general good not those who run when they are needed and flex muscle with harmless masses. the other day there was massive raid in southern kaduna with over 4hrs of killing and chaos they were nowhere to be found, innocent people who know how our nation should be like are demanding their rights they were waiting for them bunch of simp in uniform
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Nemere2020: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Olawale Bakare and seven other #Revolutionnow wearing orange colour around Olaiya Area of Osogbo Wednesday morning.
https://punchng.com/breaking-dss-arrests-revolutionnow-protesters-in-osogbo/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1596623656
Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Farki: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2020
It seems our gallant army is only good at defending us from protesters armed with cardboard signs.

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by Blackdeewhy(m): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2020
and to think these SENSELESS soldiers are being killing like worthless good for nothing flies baffled me!
harmless cities Zens are protesting, ALL these eye service arm forces at times deserves what befall them.
If we all join hand together, Buhari might change his tyrany way, these same soldiers, police, navy and others are being represented here and yet they have the guts to haras these harmless people.
#FreeTheseHarmlessCitizens#

2 Likes

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by CioAngels(f): 11:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Police that are arresting them, are they happy? No. Go to their respective barracks, they are on pitiable sights, yet, government claim to be giving them their national cake to them. You see some of them in sandals/slippers on duty, rich country as ours. Shamefull.

1 Like

Re: #RevolutionNow Protest Ongoing: Over 40 Arrested in Abuja (Photos, Video) by gambia(m): 11:48am On Aug 05, 2020
I rest my case on this Country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari On A Yacht In Turkey With Wives Of Other Leaders (Photos) / Osogbo To Determine Osun Governor As PDP Leads After 29 Local Govts / Obidients Hold Wheelbarrow Rally In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.