Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:46 PM

Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them (804 Views)

Why Men Suffer And Women Don't (photos) / Dzifa Sweetness: The Panties Some Ladies Wear Will Make Men Cheat On Them / Is It Compulsory To Propose Or Engage A Lady Before Marrying Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by GistsBaze: 1:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
UK-based relationship blogger, Oloni has sparked a debate online with her statement that women need to make men suffer before agreeing to their marriage proposal.

According to the Twitter Influencer, Oloni who claimed to have recently learnt the meaning of Iyawo – a Yoruba word which she says references the story of man being made to suffer before marrying a princess.

Taking to her Twitter account, Oloni wrote; “I’ve just learnt that Iyawo is derived from the word Iya-Iwo, a story based on a man who suffered before getting the chance to marry a princess. That means we need to make men suffer before we wife them”.

Reacting to her statement was comedian Broda Shaggi, who slammed her, writing: “Please what’s OPONU in English? This is why I need to collect my balance from unilag. Ordinary OPONU that this girl is, I can’t say it in English”.
https://gistsbaze.com/why-women-need-to-make-men-suffer-before-marrying-them-relationship-blogger-says/
Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by macdammy(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2020

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
But she is not a princess naw, abeg wetin be OPONU? Brother shagi no gree translate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by dangermouse(m): 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
These days, everybody will be forming influencer. People who cannot even influence thier village meeting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
I'm not disagreeing with her statement but have you ever wondered why there's so much divorce in the society today? Or why there are so many single parents in our society.? It because so many women listed to motivational speakers who don't practice what they tell you to do.
Maybe you should check my blog post about singe parenting.. https://notagain27..com/2020/08/single-parentinghistory-and-impact.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by DaddyRochie1642: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
Continue waiting and making "men suffer before marrying you"... Because by then SHILOH and Lots of Night Vigil Attendance will be patiently waiting and smiling at you with Open Arms grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by LabuleofNigeria: 2:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
Do you have the virtue, discipline, modesty and attributes of the said princess of Iwo ? grin grin grin

Stupid senseless brat everywhere. Spit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by hisgrace090: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Many women who tried that tactics cry latter when they found out that their man have settled with another woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
before you know it she don clock 35, lonely and bitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Ugaboy: 2:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
AhmedEmeka:
But she is not a princess naw, abey wetin be OPONU? Brother shagi no gree translate.
Oponu, a dul, dumb, coward etc person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Ugaboy: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
When some women are busy to better their life and home, she practicing how to stress men that maybe not need her time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ugaboy:
Oponu, a dul, dumb, coward etc person
Nawa oh, e go pain her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Ugaboy: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
AhmedEmeka:
Nawa oh, e go pain her.
are u now happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Don't worry when you want to marry do exactly what you said just now and you will suffer all your life
If you're conversant with listening to fresh FM very well
There's a program they use to do on Sundays for couples
The host of the program threw a question at women that why is their husband maltreating them
To my surprise a woman called and she said she's suffering from the way she treated her husband since 2000 jeez I was like wtf that's a long time ago
The host then asked her to explain
She said when she and her husband when still dating and about to wed she use do shakara for him and she doesn't take him serious not knowing she will later marry him
So due to this it's every day beating since 2000 guys can you imagine walai even the host of the program was shocked and even me
The host now asked her that have she confronted him and ask him the cause of this every Day beating
The woman said yes
That his reply was cause of the attitude she showed him when they were still courting back then

Modified : anything you're doing do it with sense
Motivational speakers are too educated when it comes to handling marriage issues
Some of them say to you what they don't do
So it's left to you to apply what's upstairs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Women Need To Make Men Suffer Before Marrying Them by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ugaboy:
are u now happy
Sure am, you?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Made A Marriage Promise But I Am Sorry: I Have To Break My Promise / How Do Female Football(sport) Club Handle Females Getting Pregnant ??. / You Will Die Young If You Cook Your Food Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.