Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Does Hell Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Hell Exist? (592 Views)

Chat GPT Answer The Hell Question: Does Hell Exist? / Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Does Hell Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
Question: "Does hell exist?"

Answer: Yes, hell exists, according to the Bible. Note: in the remainder of this article, we will use the term hell to mean, broadly, “place of conscious torment after death.” We realize that hell is technically different from the lake of fire, but we will allow our other articles to describe the differences.

The Bible speaks of the reality of hell in the same terms as the reality of heaven (Revelation 20:14–15; 21:1–2). In fact, Jesus spent more time warning people about the dangers of hell than He did in comforting them with the hope of heaven. The concept of a real, conscious, forever-and-ever existence in hell is just as biblical as a real, conscious, forever-and-ever existence in heaven. Trying to separate them is simply not possible from a biblical standpoint.

Despite the Bible’s clear teaching of both heaven and hell, it is not unusual for people to believe in the reality of heaven while rejecting the reality of hell. In part, this is due to wishful thinking. It’s easier to accept the idea of a “nice” afterlife, but damnation isn’t quite so appealing. This is the same mistake human beings often make when it comes to substance abuse, dangerous behaviors, and so forth. The assumption that we will get what we want overrides the unpleasant (but rational) view that things might not end well.

Rejection of the existence of hell can also be blamed on inaccurate assumptions about what hell is. Hell is frequently imagined as a burning wasteland, a dungeon full of cauldrons and pitchforks, or an underground city filled with ghosts and goblins. Popular depictions of hell often involve a flaming torture chamber or a spiritual jail where evil things reside—and where good things travel to battle evil. This version of hell does not exist. There is a real place called hell, but it is not the Dante’s Inferno image most people think of. Certain details about hell are given in the Bible, but those details do not match the popular myths.

The Bible actually gives very few particulars about hell. We know that it was originally intended for demonic spiritual beings, not people (Matthew 25:41). The experience of being in hell is compared to burning (Mark 9:43; 9:48; Matthew 18:9; Luke 16:24). At the same time, hell is compared to darkness (Matthew 22:13) and associated with intense grief (Matthew 8:12) and horror (Mark 9:44).

In short, the Bible tells us only what being in hell is “like”; it does not explicitly say what hell is or how exactly it functions. What the Bible does make clear is that hell is real, eternal, and to be avoided at all costs (Matthew 5:29–30).
gotquestion.org
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
Zib
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Coder2Client(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2020
Evangelist, when did God create earth?
Or how old is the Earth we live in?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by illicit(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
In the Bible, yes
In reality, No

2 Likes

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
Coder2Client:
Evangelist, when did God create earth?
Or how old is the Earth we live in?
such information is not useful, as far as salvation is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:
In the Bible, yes

In reality, No
Hell is real, do not live in denial.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by illicit(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
Hell is real, do not live in denial.
u can't force ur belief on me
hell is fake

2 Likes

Re: Does Hell Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
I have wrestled with the concepts of Heaven and Hell but I have never found a clear explanation for the questions I have in my mind so I’ll ask the following questions and hope I get serious answers by a religious expert in this group, for each question. I’ll ignore smart remarks or any attempt at humour.

First of all, for the concepts of Hell and Heaven to exist, one has to accept mind-body dualism, a view in the philosophy of mind that mental phenomena are, in some respects, non-physical, or that the mind and body are distinct and separable. In many religions, the dualist concept has been regarded as true, and that part of the mind, the soul, survives death and will eternally exist in Heaven or Hell depending how you lived your life.
Here are the questions that I would like to see answered with biblical scripture to back up your assertions:
1-Where are the locations of Heaven and Hell in the universe? Can they be found beyond our local solar system? Between Jupiter and Mars?

2-When babies die young and go to Heaven, do they grow up in Heaven or remain in Heaven as babies for eternity
3-When people are born with a mental disability, does their intelligence and cognitive functioning improve when they reach Heaven? Is there a change to the cognitive functioning of those without mental disabilities during their time alive on earth?
4-Do the minds of Alzheimer’s victims continue to exhibit cognitive deterioration throughout eternity or do Alzheimer’s victims regain their cognitive faculties as they were prior to the onset of Alzheimer’s disease?

5-Will people, who because of some accident or disease, suffer from complete amnesia in either Heaven or Hell and, thus start a second life, lose the first part of their lives or do they have two souls?

6-Which marriage will be restored in Heaven for divorced people? How are marriage arrangements managed in Heaven?
7-Will people who die at an advanced age, in their 90s or more, stay old for eternity?
8-Will people in Heaven, knowing that some of their family or friends are in Hell still be at peace with that knowledge?
9-Will some people be elated in Heaven when they know that their enemies are in Hell?

10-Would all knowledge be revealed to everybody? Does everyone have the same level of knowledge in Hell and Heaven?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Idowster(m): 5:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

hell is fake
my bro me i dont take chancer if it is real i live by god if it is nt still living by god
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2020
illicit:

hell is fake
It is not a belief but the reality.
Hell is real! But Jesus is the solution to be free from sin and its condemnation.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by illicit(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
solite3:
It is not a belief but the reality.
Hell is real! But Jesus is the solution to be free from sin and its condemnation.

Do u know d meaning of reality

The world is not ending as u say, no savior is needed like u think
Re: Does Hell Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
sonmvayina:
I have wrestled with the concepts of Heaven and Hell but I have never found a clear explanation for the questions I have in my mind so I’ll ask the following questions and hope I get serious answers by a religious expert in this group, for each question. I’ll ignore smart remarks or any attempt at humour.

First of all, for the concepts of Hell and Heaven to exist, one has to accept mind-body dualism, a view in the philosophy of mind that mental phenomena are, in some respects, non-physical, or that the mind and body are distinct and separable. In many religions, the dualist concept has been regarded as true, and that part of the mind, the soul, survives death and will eternally exist in Heaven or Hell depending how you lived your life.
Here are the questions that I would like to see answered with biblical scripture to back up your assertions:
1-Where are the locations of Heaven and Hell in the universe? Can they be found beyond our local solar system? Between Jupiter and Mars?

2-When babies die young and go to Heaven, do they grow up in Heaven or remain in Heaven as babies for eternity
3-When people are born with a mental disability, does their intelligence and cognitive functioning improve when they reach Heaven? Is there a change to the cognitive functioning of those without mental disabilities during their time alive on earth?
4-Do the minds of Alzheimer’s victims continue to exhibit cognitive deterioration throughout eternity or do Alzheimer’s victims regain their cognitive faculties as they were prior to the onset of Alzheimer’s disease?

5-Will people, who because of some accident or disease, suffer from complete amnesia in either Heaven or Hell and, thus start a second life, lose the first part of their lives or do they have two souls?

6-Which marriage will be restored in Heaven for divorced people? How are marriage arrangements managed in Heaven?
7-Will people who die at an advanced age, in their 90s or more, stay old for eternity?
8-Will people in Heaven, knowing that some of their family or friends are in Hell still be at peace with that knowledge?
9-Will some people be elated in Heaven when they know that their enemies are in Hell?

10-Would all knowledge be revealed to everybody? Does everyone have the same level of knowledge in Hell and Heaven?

Christians don't think this deep.
They just want to believe.
Awon follow follow... "My mummy and daddy are Christians, so I must be one". grin
Ask them if they have freewill in heaven to do stuff that they enjoy doing here on earth.
Deep down, they just want to remain here on earth forever, because they know heaven would be too boring. Praising and worshiping a god from morning till night for eternity like some programed robot. grin abeg.
Last one. Will they wear clothes they wear here on earth in heaven, or will they be on robes like the ancient folks for the rest of their lives? grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Heathen777(m): 12:33am On Aug 08, 2020
Don't believe something without any evidence for it. That is called being a gullible and lacking critical thinking.

Whats the evidence for hell... I'm waiting.

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

Christians don't think this deep.
They just want to believe.
Awon follow follow... "My mummy and daddy are Christians, so I must be one". grin
Ask them if they have freewill in heaven to do stuff that they enjoy doing here on earth.
Deep down, they just want to remain here on earth forever, because they know heaven would be too boring. Praising and worshiping a god from morning till night for eternity like some programed robot. grin abeg.
Last one. Will they wear clothes they wear here on earth in heaven, or will they be on robes like the ancient folks for the rest of their lives? grin

Rather you are the one who does not seem to think at all. You are Samuel, born into a christian family as it were. Why are you not one? You say "My mummy and daddy are Christians, so I must be one".
Did you ever hear of the word "Conversion"? Did they ever teach you that to be a christian, you MUST be converted? Are you ignorant of the fact that the Bible teaches that you MUST be born AGAIN to be a christian?

What are the things that you enjoy doing on earth? As usual, you have a flawed and ignorant view of Heaven or paradise. The same God that gives humans joy and pleasure in whatever they do on it, the same God is the source of joy and pleasures forevermore are with Him. Have you ever seen someone who is so happy and lit up, unashamed and crying profusely in joy just by being in church speaking in tongues? Of course not, you lack exposure and knowledge.
i am aware your bereft mind thinks that the height of pleasure is contact with the similitude of a woman's body or masturbating to the idea. Did you for a minute think that if such tiny thing can give you so much orgasmic pleasure, it is not a big deal for God to produce pleasure? Think for once, and outside your small kindergarten box.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 9:27am On Aug 08, 2020
Image123:

Rather you are the one who does not seem to think at all. You are Samuel, born into a christian family as it were. Why are you not one? You say "My mummy and daddy are Christians, so I must be one".
Did you ever hear of the word "Conversion"? Did they ever tech you that to be a christian, you MUST be converted? Are you ignorant of the fact that the Bible teaches that you MUST be born AGAIN to be a christian?

What are the things that you enjoy doing on earth? As usual, you have a flawed and ignorant view of Heaven or paradise. The same God that gives humans joy and pleasure in whatever they do on it, the same God is the source of joy and pleasures forevermore are with Him.
i am aware your bereft mind thinks that the height of pleasure is contact with the similitude of a woman's body or masturbating to the idea. Sid you for a minute think that if such tiny think can give you so much orgasmic pleasure, it is not a big deal for God to produce pleasure? Think for once, and outside your small kindergarten box.

Wow, so you guys can have sex in Heaven?
I'm happy for you o. cheesy
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 9:32am On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

Wow, so you guys can have sex in Heaven?
I'm happy for you o. cheesy

There you go. Little wonder you have a big problem understanding the concept of God. You are struggling to understand a mere man, you are struggling at your courses in school. So i understand your position. Unfortunately, you refused to see your own position and problem.
i did not mention having sex in heaven. Go and read until you understand. You can get help of neighbours and family members or one of your school teachers.
i edited my post BTW.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 08, 2020
illicit:

hell is fake
Did I force you to enter this thread?
Re: Does Hell Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2020
Image123:

There you go. Little wonder you have a big problem understanding the concept of God. You are struggling to understand a mere man, you are struggling at your courses in school. So i understand your position. Unfortunately, you refused to see your own position and problem.
i did not mention having sex in heaven. Go and read until you understand. You can get help of neighbours and family members or one of your school teachers.
i edited my post BTW.
So you guys can't have sex there?
Sorry o.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Idowster(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

Sorry o.
do u know u can have sex in hell if u fornicate on earth bt with a snake can u hv sex with snake with thorns
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 08, 2020
It's the common grave of man where all dead people are kept {Job 14:13} only God can bring them back by breathing into them just as he did to the first man called Adam who he created with dust. Genesis 2:7
So when people die they return to dust {Ecclesiastes 9:10, 12:7} but God keeps them in his memory (if such a person is virtuous) he (God) will breath into their dead body and bring them back to life! John 11:43-44 smiley

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 10:38am On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

Sorry o.

We both know why you have no interest in going to Heaven. You are grossly misguided.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 10:55am On Aug 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

The definition of serious answers being what you want to hear.

You cannot ask questions that the Bible does not answer like geography and solar system questions. Does the Bible mention the solar system for you to ask for Bible proof that the hell or Heaven is in a location known to you. Heaven and Hell are not in the physical realm. We need new bodies to access any of them.
1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Where do you get this concept of going to Heaven?

No sickness in Heaven.

Jesus said no marriage in Heaven.

Everyone would have new bodies in Heaven.

Yes.

Yes

No. The Bible does not teach that anyone will become Omniscient. But hidden things and secrets will be revealed.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2020
Yes but only in bible and qur'an. undecided
Re: Does Hell Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Image123:

We both know why you have no interest in going to Heaven. You are grossly misguided.

It's a simple question.
Do you have sex there?
Do you grow old?
Are there misunderstandings?
Can there be conflict?
If you died as a child, will you appear there as a child? If yes, would you grow up? Do old people grow more or stay the same way forever?
Can one fall sick, be open to infections, or sustain injury?
Will there be respect for the elderly from the children, or will everyone be equal?
Would your internal organs still exist there? If it stopped performing its functions, could you die? If your internal organs are still there, what's the use if you can't die?
Can you fall in love there?

Well, if you're unable to get angry, get into a fight have sex, sing songs that aren't Christian like, procreate, learn new stuff, and have to praise and worship a god forever, then you're a robot.

1 Like

Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's a simple question.
Do you have sex there?
Do you grow old?
Are there misunderstandings?
Can there be conflict?
If you died as a child, will you appear there as a child? If yes, would you grow up? Do old people grow more or stay the same way forever?
Can one fall sick, be open to infections, or sustain injury?
Will there be respect for the elderly from the children, or will everyone be equal?
Would your internal organs still exist there? If it stopped performing its functions, could you die? If your internal organs are still there, what's the use if you can't die?
Can you fall in love there?

Well, if you're unable to get angry, get into a fight have sex, sing songs that aren't Christian like, procreate, learn new stuff, and have to praise and worship a god forever, then you're a robot.

And you will follow Jesus Christ and believe in God right after the reply to these? Ochisko Oshiomode
Re: Does Hell Exist? by kingxsamz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
Image123:

And you will follow Jesus Christ and believe in God right after the reply to these? Ochisko Oshiomode

Yes nw.
Just answer.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yes nw.
Just answer.

Caught lying again.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
The Bible's answer?
kingxsamz:

It's a simple question.
(1)Do you have sex there?
(2)Do you grow old?
(3)Are there misunderstandings?
(4)Can there be conflict?
(5)If you died as a child, will you appear there as a child?(6) If yes, would you grow up? (7)Do old people grow more or stay the same way forever?
(8}Can one fall sick, be open to infections, or sustain injury?
(9)Will there be respect for the elderly from the children, or will everyone be equal?
(10)Would your internal organs still exist there?
(11) If it stopped performing its functions, could you die?
(12) If your internal organs are still there, what's the use if you can't die?
(13)Can you fall in love there?

(1)Sex is only for those in flesh that's why angels left heaven to come and enjoy sex with humans on earth! Genesis 6:1-4
(2)No! They're like angels no oldage! Luke 20:34-36
(3)No! By then both heaven and earth will obey the same King! 1Corinthians 15:24-28
(4)No! There will be peace everywhere! Isaiah 9:7
(5 & 6)Children don't go to heaven!
(7)Oldage only had effect on flesh not spirit (angels)
(8}No!
(9)All are equal but there will orderliness in heaven once Satan and demons are ousted! Revelations 12:7-10
(10-12)Those going to heaven will have spirit bodies, organs are no more needed! Revelations 21:1-5
(13)True Christians already understand the rules of LOVE {1Corinthians 13:1-8} those who fails to learn how to apply the principle of LOVE now will not be permitted to live again! Revelations 20:15

We will not live like robots either in heaven or on the earth, each person will have learnt what he or she needs to continue living, whoever choose to turn against those principles will only enjoy life in Paradise within a period of 100 years as a youth and die! Isaiah 65:20 smiley
Re: Does Hell Exist? by illicit(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
solite3:
Did I force you to enter this thread?

yes because I have to correct u unwillingly
Re: Does Hell Exist? by sonmvayina(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
Image123:

You cannot ask questions that the Bible does not answer like geography and solar system questions. Does the Bible mention the solar system for you to ask for Bible proof that the hell or Heaven is in a location known to you. Heaven and Hell are not in the physical realm. We need new bodies to access any of them.
1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption
1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Where do you get this concept of going to Heaven?

No sickness in Heaven.

Jesus said no marriage in Heaven.

Everyone would have new bodies in Heaven.

Yes.

Yes

No. The Bible does not teach that anyone will become Omniscient. But hidden things and secrets will be revealed.

All I see here are just your opinion.. No biblical backing... So I can ignore them..
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Image123(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
sonmvayina:

All I see here are just your opinion.. No biblical backing... So I can ignore them..

I knew you'd miss the Bible verse i quoted, so i opted not to waste your time further.
Re: Does Hell Exist? by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 04, 2020
Abc

(1) (Reply)

Finest Worship 2020 / They Will Eventually Know That GOD Rule Extend To Their Kingdom / Who Is Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.