Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,695 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt (11851 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Raid Agatu Community, Many Killed / Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH / Many Killed As Explosion Rocks Damaturu Sunday Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 13, 2011
Watching bbc and the commentator said people come out for the rally not because of enthusiasm but because of the free things they will get”
When people sacrifice their lives because of freedom, brave night and day rain and shine to be free, we are here selling our soul for a days meal,selling our future for a thousand naira.
How worthless are we?when anyone complains tomorrow about how one big man stole money,who will take them seriously?
We deserve what we get,because we are greedy, selfish ,lazy and cowards.
tomorrow fools will attend the same rallies because we never learn.
We deserve our wretched death, because we are fools.
[b]Why should they be throwing money to the crowds [/b]when they should be looking for ways to create jobs?
Isnt that a criminal act?
Why should the police officers close the gates and shoot in the air,creating chaos.
21 questions and no answer
Next week, the news will have died down and we will read about fools like obj,akala

ask madam pateince, who throws rice at the citizenry like they are starving farm animals
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by hbrednic: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2011
ehie:

Watching bbc and the commentator said people come out for the rally not because of enthusiasm but because of the free things they will get”
When people sacrifice their lives because of freedom, brave night and day rain and shine to be free, we are here selling our soul for a days meal,selling our future for a thousand naira.
How worthless are we?when anyone complains tomorrow about how one big man stole money,who will take them seriously?
We deserve what we get,because we are greedy, selfish ,lazy and cowards.
tomorrow fools will attend the same rallies because we never learn.
We deserve our wretched death, because we are fools.
Why should they be throwing money to the crowds when they should be looking for ways to create jobs?
Isnt that a criminal act?
Why should the police officers close the gates and shoot in the air,creating chaos.
21 questions and no answer
Next week, the news will have died down and we will read about fools like obj,akala

your parents will be proud of you,remember to extend the same insults to them,ride on jack
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by monkeyleg: 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2011
As usual, the main issue at hand is left aside, and insults a traded. This is just pure wicked dis-respect for those who lost their lives yesterday. I doesnt matter which side of the political fence you sit, we must all recognise a tragedy and treat it as such.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by NAJALYN: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
May the souls of those killed rest in perfect peace.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by NAJALYN: 3:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
May the souls of those killed rest in perfect peace.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by olaolabiy: 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2011
oyb:

ask madam pateince, who throws rice at the citizenry like they are starving farm animals
grin
Rice?

Bags of?

Odikwa serious oo cheesy
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 13, 2011
@playmode  you are an idealist really.
Fight for what?we can only fight for our stinky bellies or so we can show off,
we are selfish and a nigerian will sell his mother for a thousand dollars, forget it.
That is why we wait atrocities after atrocities for help to come from where?God, America ?indeed.
we will continue waiting,dying stupid and sensless death,
i used to be an idealist like u but i have given up, too much injustice,too many corrupt men have held the country in a chokehod and are bleeding the country dry.
too many brain dead people.
it will take a new generation to consider a revelution after ours has been long gone
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by playmode(m): 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2011
hbrednic:

Nigerians has voted for notherners various times and all of them performed below expectations,
why cant they give GEJ's govtment a chance to take off.All they hate and abuses because he is from the so called minority.

Please don't talk bullsh1t here about what you know nothing about.I was one of the people that marched to the Nigerian embassy in Johannesburg during the Yara Dua/Turai saga to demand that Jonathan be sworn in as president.I once liked GEJ and i once supported him.However in the past 8 months i have come to regret that move.This man was loved by Nigerians because we felt he will do something for his people especially because he came from ND where several attrocities are going on.

GEJ had the opportunity to please Nigerians but instead he pleased the PDP and squandered 20billion dollar in oil reserves.Was it not last year under GEJ's rule that several navy gun boats opened fire on an ND village and killed hundreds of people?Some of my close friends in SA lost their relatives in that village and i am not even from the ND.What do you have to say to that?

I don't care where Jonathan is from ,i hate him as much as i hate OBJ ,IBB ,OTUNBA DANIELS,FEMI FANI KAYODE (who is a family friend) and ATIKU.I just hate the PDP and it's corrupt cabals.It has got nothing to do with his tribe.I hate what they are doing to Nigerians.Do you know how many people are going hungry every night because of these bad leaders?

If you give me 20billion dollar ,i will solve Nigeria's power problems permanently with just 6 billion ,the remaining funds will be used to build a new gold mine ,promote small scale agriculture,build better hospitals ,roads and pay teachers salaries and i don't have a Ph.D. People in government will have their salaries reduced by 90% including the president,for flip sake Jonathan get triple what Obama gets and our country's GDP is not even up to 30% of the USA's

People like IBB ,OBJ ,Abacha Junior ,Atiku and their cronies will be arrested and their assets frozen.The funds recovered from them will used to build better infrastructure. Politicians ,Members of the SSS and the armed forces who have been linked to corruption will be publicly executed to serve as warning to future politicians.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by comechop(m): 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Darthmaul:

soo, agents full nairaland. EFF nairaland. [size=20pt]Where are d d.a.mned moderators[/size]. People are threatening themselves and ,  This ain't funny at all.

seriously? where the hell are they?
typical naija institution - zero quality control. those clowns bragging and fighting should be banned. everyone here is an internet warrior. idiots.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2011
We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw

. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us -- if at all -- not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

]
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by lionness(f): 4:20pm On Feb 13, 2011
hey may j

i have just one word for you:

Nothing!

grin Coz u totally brainless.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Dreamchaser1(f): 4:43pm On Feb 13, 2011
This is tragic. It was the rush, old women and men who were supposed to be watching on TV came for the rally and instead of them to respect their old age, they started pushing there way through with young people. GEJ was visibly shaken and sad, he went to UPTH to go and see the victims + dead bodies. The dinner at the state house was cancelled cos of this. I can't believe some ppl here are putting this on GEJ?! Sick human beings!
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by tlops(m): 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
BBC reported that most of them came to get t-shirt, bread and money.

_ shocked
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
Dream chaser:

This is tragic. It was the rush, old women and men who were supposed to be watching on TV came for the rally and instead of them to respect their old age, they started pushing there way through with young people. GEJ was visibly shaken and sad, he went to UPTH to go and see the victims + dead bodies. The dinner at the state house was cancelled cos of this. I can't believe some ppl here are putting this on GEJ?! Sick human beings!
So what should we do? Whom should we blame? Wasn't it his rally? Or should we blame Pdp?
This being Nigeria would probably occur again, We've lost too many Nigerians in avoidable circumstances and yet we keep calling on God. You know how foolish even God thinks we are?
PDP AND other thieves wil keep looting cos God has never been the arm of the law nor the voice of the people.
HOPE, SICKENING HOPE IS WHAT KEEPS THIS NIGERIAN DREAM ALIVE. Hope of a better future offered by our politicians in words, murdered by their actions, resurrected during elections, That has been the cycle and I hope that Gej makes bigger errors in the runup, Hopefully, the scales of tribalistic sentiments would fall of the eyez of his supporters, He offers the same
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by tlops(m): 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
may souls of those killed prevent GEJ from winning rigging.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Dreamchaser1(f): 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
My dear muskeeto, I'm not and have never been a tribalistic supporter. If u read my post carefully u would see what I said was d cause of the stampede, I know cos I was there and it happened right in front of me. This sort of tragedy can happen any where with so much crowd if they don't controll themselves and if they are packed together they could be suffocated, like was the case yesterday. Pls you didn't tell me how GEJ caused all this?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Dream Chaser

Was it true that people came because they were distributing bread, T Shirts and money?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12441928
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by LoveKing(m): 5:52pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ma_J_Blige (Beaf) is the Enemy of Nigeria. I wait for the day you will shed tears. Before then you would have ran away from NL coz of SHAME. Watch Out!

Pls People Goodluck is just a name oh. Dont be Fooled!
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
LoveKing:

Ma_J_Blige (Beaf) is the Enemy of Nigeria. I wait for the day you will shed tears. Before then you would have ran away from NL coz of SHAME. Watch Out!

Pls People Goodluck is just a name oh. Dont be Fooled!

Now this is getting out of hand.

You are waiting for the day I will shed tears?

You will wait so long. What is wrong with you? Honestly speaking?

This is reaching the level of lunatic behavior. These are the type of people who will go killing and burning down houses because of political differences.

I pity you. Jokes apart.

I am not Beaf - and I dont even care if you think I am Beaf, shows the level of your desperation. Now you said I will leave NL in shame?

LOL - this person is actually deranged.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by tlops(m): 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

@Dream Chaser

Was it true that people came because they were distributing bread, T Shirts and money?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12441928

well, it was reported so, but I couldn't doubt it much, since its quite a common practice in 9ja,
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^

Your people must really be hungry then.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by LoveKing(m): 6:03pm On Feb 13, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

Your people must really be hungry then.

You see how psycho you are? you are a confused soul.just read through your threads. Lets bet you scumbag, you leaving NL in shame. Just one day you'll evaporate or maybe get another user name coz we are seeing the cracks in gej, oh you havent seen it yet right? but you are instigating a revolution against the very fvcked up govt. you represent.

Vote PDP out by any means. Thats our power people.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
Dream chaser:

My dear muskeeto, I'm not and have never been a tribalistic supporter. If u read my post carefully u would see what I said was d cause of the stampede, I know cos I was there and it happened right in front of me. This sort of tragedy can happen any where with so much crowd if they don't controll themselves and if they are packed together they could be suffocated, like was the case yesterday. Pls you didn't tell me how GEJ caused all this?
did u even read my post?
just in case you didn't :So what should we do? Whom should we blame? Wasn't it his rally? Or should we blame Pdp? or the ones that came out to support their leader? or maybe misfortune? abi juju?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^ Loveking or MadKing

Not only are you a beast, - you are so obsessed with nonsense that you have now resorted into saying mumbo jumbo just because I disagree with you.

Look, only animals do like you do, because someone shares a different opinion from yours, you start cursing him and abusing him? is that a sign of a human being? No, it is a sign of someone going senile, loosing his mind, going mental. This is no joke. Put differences apart, you are in need of psychiatric examination, because I can not explain this attitude of yours. Really, it is strange, sad and weird.

Please take it easy before you enter market, stark naked. And before you go further. I am an Ekiti woman, nobody messes with us diabolically and goes free. So, be careful, be careful and be careful.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
Loveking.

Look at a perveted soul like you? indecency has filled your mind, no wonder you are going mad.

Look at the website at the bottom of his name - a pervert who should be in a psychiatric hospital, a indecent, useless, stu-pid, fool-ish, silly imbe-cile;.

Noone will take you serious anymore - go and open the website and self-service yourself as usual.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 13, 2011
The stampede follows what has been an imperfect start to Jonathan's campaign. At his first campaign stop in Nassarawa state, youths defaced his posters, burned tires, and two people were killed in the confusion. At another stop in Kano, supporters walked out before his speech, and in Ogun state he was criticized for calling opposition candidates "rascals."

"There was a huge crowd, the place was completely full," Ken Saro-Wiwa, President Jonathan's special assistant on international affairs, told Reuters news agency.It is a sad end to what had been a great day," said Mr Saro-Wiwa.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/50803000/jpg/_50803759_010999529-2.jpg
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2011
@every sane person on NL , and we have agreed to ignore Mary J Blige
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by tyson55(m): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Ma_J_Blige, Loveking and other peeps - You guys should take it easy and tone down your rhetorics. This is just a forum to exchange your opinions and ideas, not insult and treats. I beg you people in the name of God, lets be apply some level of civility.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by pingpong1: 6:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Ma_J_blige - "Ekiti woman" as in married woman? Which man fit put up with you? I recommend him for MAN OF ALL TIMES.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by LoveKing(m): 6:42pm On Feb 13, 2011
You know Mumu j blige, you are very dirty as a woman. Jobless, lifeless, lazyness, evil, hateful, ugly and foolish - i just listed your common traits among some silly ones. You never know me, if you did you go for shut your dirty yoruba trap. Be warned!
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2011
ehie:

@every sane person on NL , and we have agreed to ignore Mary J Blige

You must think I care?

Unfortunately - sane people are rare here.

Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Dreamchaser1(f): 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2011
@ Ma j blige, nothing was shared there o! People who came on there own or with a political group. The crowd was very enthusiastic during the event. Except for maybe people who came to beg for money from politicians and others.

@muskeeto, please I'm not here to argue or fight. I said the people caused their problem cos they knew they were not strong but kept pushing each other. What was a pregnant woman looking for in a place like that? y would an old man who can't walk properly be trying to push his way through the crowd? So b4 u put the blame on someone else just cos his on the podium speaking think twice! BTW, it was a south south event and governor Ameachi was the host, so if u are looking for some1 to blame, blame him and the organisers in rivers state for the chaos!

I'm tired of all this nonsense, ppl here always trying to link there malaria and headache on GEJ! If u have anything against the man's candidacy, fine but don't heap all the problems of this country on his head! If u r all expecting GEJ to do some kinda magic and then all ur problems that have been in place since 1914 would disappear, good luck to you. I choose to be realistic and expect change that comes constructively! GEJ has done a lot, pls don't ask me to name them, I know a lot of ppl here live in mars, check ur news agencies in mars, they would contact their colleagues in earth for u, I can't do it for you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Interview With Okonjo-Iweala's Mother's Kidnap Suspect / Kidnappers' Training School Uncovered In Delta / Boko Haram Attacks Shani Town In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.