Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt (11841 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Raid Agatu Community, Many Killed / Military Battles Insurgents In Maiduguri, Many Killed - PUNCH / Many Killed As Explosion Rocks Damaturu Sunday Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2011
Pple die am a eye  witness

ABUJA (AFP) – A stampede at a campaign rally on Saturday for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan in the oil-producing Niger Delta region killed 11 people and wounded some 29 others, police said.

"The mishap was said to have been caused by a stampede as a result of a surging crowd which led to the death of 11 persons and causing injuries to about 29 others," a police statement said of the incident in Port Harcourt.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110212/wl_africa_afp/nigeriavoteincidenttoll
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:20pm On Feb 12, 2011
Apart from those killed in d stadium abot 5 army personnel died after amaechi convory had an accident along aba , Phc road
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by jason123: 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
Hmmmm! sad sad . Until confirmed . . . . . . . .
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2011
Oh boy see dead body for stadium mostly from stampede
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2011
base on thier dressing majority of those killed are from delta
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Maicash: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2011
Please post a picture to confirm sine its an eye witness report
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
Am using my cell phone am currently in the stadium. The death toll could be as high as 15
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by monkeyleg: 5:31pm On Feb 12, 2011
This is terrible news. What happened? why was there a stampede?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
Maicash:

Please post a picture to confirm sine its an eye witness report

I ve many pix but my phone cannot upload them. I need to get to a cafe asap
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by jason123: 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2011
13volts:

I ve many pix but my phone cannot upload them. I need to get to a cafe asap

Its comfirmed by Kobojunkie.! cry
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by seanet02: 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2011
ODECHUKWU is using their soul in Rituals
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2011
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
monkeyleg:

This is terrible news. What happened? why was there a stampede?

The stadium was filled beyound and over capasity. Then everybody wanted to go out at the same time. I just saw an earderly woman dead she apparently came im her jeep and she is going home in the jeep dead
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by monkeyleg: 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

Young man, why dont you just SHUT UP.

A tragedy is not an excuse to pass snide, insensitve remarks.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by jason123: 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

Ol'boy, fear God! That is blasphemy for crying out loud!!!
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by udezue(m): 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

JUST STFU.

Brainless idiott. Olodo. People are dead and u are spouting nonsense
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nsiman(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2011
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nsiman(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2011
May their souls rest in peace
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
Just called PH-

Confirmed.

RIP people.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kai the dead are still comming from the stadium
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
The crowd are getting angery after gej left witout even seeing the injured, however sambo is still on the ground
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by IbroYaya: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
Stampede does happen at times when there are so many crowd wanting to have glimpse at there model.
It also happens in Pope visits . It shows that was massive crowd supporting GEJ.

May their soul rest in peace
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by seanet02: 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2011
@udezue, GEJ should be held responsible for this. Its not my fault. I was not the event planner, so what is your problem? How did thing went awry? Why is GEJ always associated with evil at his campaign grounds? At nassarawa, people walk out on a whole Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, he was pelted with stones at one of his campaign, at ibadan it was a show of Rascality by GEJ. Why is he always associated with Evil? Maybe we need to start a thread on this. May the soul of those dead rest in perfect peace. God almighty will punished those who lead to your premature death.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2011
seanet02:

@udezue, GEJ should be held responsible for this. Its not my fault. I was not the event planner, so what is your problem? How did thing went awry? Why is GEJ always associated with evil at his campaign grounds? At nassarawa, people walk out on a whole Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria, he was pelted with stones at one of his campaign, at ibadan it was a show of Rascality by GEJ. Why is he always associated with Evil? Maybe we need to start a thread on this. May the soul of those dead rest in perfect peace. God almighty will punished those who lead to your premature  death.

whats this?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
13volts:

The crowd are getting angery after gej left witout even seeing the injured, however sambo is still on the ground

Its true o - Why is GEJ not carrying the dead people into his car to the mortuary?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by MaJBlige(f): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2011
13volts:

Kai the dead are still comming from the stadium

Bros - calm down.

How can the dead be coming out of the stadium?

They came back to life?
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by JudgeDredd: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2011
May God grant the dead repose, this is truly sad.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by 13volts(m): 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Bros - calm down.

How can the dead be coming out of the stadium?

They came back to life?

Very funny Lol
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 12, 2011
Lord have mercy.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2011
This baseless GEJphobia is going to drive some of you haters into early graves from high BP tongue angry.

I agree we all dont have to like him, but using some of these abusive words on your sitting C-I-C shows how much respect you have for the sovereignty of your country unless you are not.

Accidents happen everyday and people die everyday ---- its a fact of life, our thoughts and prayers should go to the dead and those they left behind and not using the slightest excuse to be throwing invectives at the President.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by Nsiman(m): 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2011
What is so special abt this? There are stampedes when the pope visits places, and this shows the level of interest one has in a particular thing. For those misusing words here i dn't knw if jarus is noting them.
Re: Many Killed In Goodluck Campaign In Port Harcourt by illusion2: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2011
Pictures,please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Front Page Should Be Renamed Mukina Page! / Arms Deal: Panel Uncovers N2.175bn Fraud In Defence Ministry / FG Asks Ministerial Nominees To Complete Documentation July 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.