Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:23 PM

3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis (57974 Views)

Soyinka Slams President Tinubu’s Address, Response To Protests / Nigeria's Democracy @ 25: Tinubu's address to Nigerians (Full Text) / How Many Of These Promises APC Made In 2015 To Nigerians Were Fulfilled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by ovie8200: 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
He wants to be heard not knowing what his illiterate President/master is abusing the law left and right, and he wouldn't address or say anything. I hope this drug addict and yellow teeth gets the APC ticket for President in 2023 so that the South South and South East to teach him a lesson.

Stupid frog man.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Ngozioma(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2020
tunderay:
Your assertion is totally wrong. Tinubu is a Nigerian and chieftain of APC, he has every right to bear his mind on any political issue as far as his party is involved.

His involvement would rather strengthen the mind of APC faithfuls in Edo.
Na so grin grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by zoedew: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Apparently unknown to Tinubu he is not in good reckoning outside the SW Ng
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Eriokanmi: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

U don't have to defend everything ...now see the rubbish u wrote

Edo people I know are one of the most confident people in Nigeria .... bringing Tinubu is a mistake ask any ede person go to Twitter ...it's a mistake

Tinubu got this one wrong accept the fact
i like what you just said, edo people are one of the confident people and you can't say anything less. We arent hiding it. Obaseki is a large family in edo and they supported the candidates of their choice with some going for obaseki and some for ize-iyamu with nobody intimidating anyone and thats how we do our things. Oshomole's wants to change the status quo but he's too small. We are not like yorubas in lagos who would hide their heads for supporting or not supporting a candidate so that one man wouldn't send thugs to kill them, YOLO so wetin you dey fear and thats why tinubu can be so powerful among them. He can't try such in edo.

Anyone can ask oshiomohle who didn't have a kobo to bribe us with but we voted him knowing fully well our state is a predominantly a pdp state. All you see between obaseki and iyamu is a clear proof we are not cowards. Las las, we go still be friends. Oshiomohle did worse to the pdp law makers during his tenure. History can't lie. people shouting trash here are not from edo so they're lost in history. He retired godfathers in edo with the support of the electorate. All I can say is, let the election be free and fair. Any imported thugs sighted snatching ballot box or caught with fake materials will have himself to blame, even in his next life. Vote any candidate of your choice and let the electorate choose their next governor. Peace must continue to reign in our land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by NOHOLDSBAR: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
Edo no be Abia or Rivers.

Get that straight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by seguntijan(m): 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
It is privilege for people of Edo state if Edo is half of Lagos.
Lagos State is the economic capital of the nation, Lagos State boast of modern infrastructure amongst other states. Lagos State remains the father of all states.

"I do not admire Tinubu because he is a saint. I do not admire Tinubu because he is from the south. I do not admire Tinubu because he is a Yoruba. If I want saints, I will proceed to heaven not on earth. Every human is fallible. I admire Tinubu because; He saved Nigeria from the danger of falling into "one party state". He has nurtured many renowned National successors. He listened to the voice of the masses to surrender his personal ambition at the most critical moment. He strategically terminated PDP 60 years life spam in 16 years.
The robust critic and critique we are enjoying today is because Tinubu aligned himself to the masses to return the power to them. Tinubu has the option of joining the PDP elites to hold us hostage for another decade but he gave his all to the masses to dethrone the elites.
Political juveniles believed that APC won because of the votes from the North. No!!!, APC victory was cemented the day PMB and Asiwaju resolved to work together. Asiwaju and PMB almost became a Nomadic by visiting every human that can help midwife Nigeria
salvation. Those Nomadic Almajiri walk later brought salvation to us. God willing, PMB is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Anybody, any cabal, any Viju milk activist, attempting to humiliate Asiwaju must have me to contend with.
An average PDP man is sad with Asiwaju because he brought them to their knee. If anyone thinks that bringing down Asiwaju is his project, that mission will not only crash but it will boomerang. Don't tell me he is overbearing, your "underbearing" mentors were nowhere to be found when this Country was lying critically at the intensive care of the universe. Recall my first line, Asiwaju is not a saint. Stop demonising what you admire out of envy. Even your mentors admire him.
He owns Lagos! I hear you! Ask your grand father and parents how they acquired your so called "family land". Is it God that allocated it to them? You are terrorizing your neighbours and village with your kpof-kpof kobo yet you criticise a man that is naturally addicted to technocrats irrespective of their tribe or Religion.
Hmmmmm. I don talk am ooo, Asiwaju is not a political office holder oooo. Please let him be. He is evil, I agree, but we need more of him than your saintly specie.
Dear Asiwaju, the gentle stride of a tiger is not a symbol of a cowardice"....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by majamajic(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

You don't have leaders in south east. All of you put together are inconsequential and that's why you cry and wail about Tinubu everyday. Maybe if you use the same energy to focus on your useless leaders, you won't be running to the south west because your potopoto region is like this

Which state are u from ?
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Mcreloaded(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
At least they did not make the mistake of allowing Ganduje to come to benin and campinn. It for no funny
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Basher8583: 6:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
AlabiJ:

As in. I just tire. Dem be hypocrites.

The fear they have for Tinubu hen, no be for hia oh

6 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tflex01: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lol... Nonsense opinion. grin
This one just want attention.
Watch as this thread enters more than 10 pages because Tinubu name dey inside.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by legba1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
The way Tinubu matter dey pepper some folks for body ehn, I just tire.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Giverz: 6:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gjrich:
Following the current crisis in Edo State ahead of the 2020 Edo State governorship election, there has been series of events happening with the Edo State national assembly complex being destroyed, Speaker of the House being impeached with his deputy as a new speaker was appointed by 17 lawmakers of the Edo State House Of Assembly under the All Progressive Congress.

Following this, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has addressed the issue of Edo Crisis as he claimed that Obaseki Has committed Impeachable offences.

APC have made a mistake by letting Tinubu come into the picture following the Edo State crisis.

1. As we all know that the current slogan in the mouth of all Edo citizens ahead of the 2020 edo state election is "Edo no be Lagos", why allow a former leader of Lagos state interfere as the Edo citizens hope to eliminate godfatherism in the state?
This might make them think otherwise.

2. Bringing Tinubu into the picture is just like going against the will of the Edo State citizens.

Now, most of them we'll see it from the angle that they want to make Edo State like Lagos even stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife.

How could they have allowed Tinubu to address Edo when a stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife

3. Also, with the introduction of Tinubu, they just successfully made the election between Obaseki and Oshomole, removing the governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu from the picture.

What's your opinion on this?
Your opinion does not count. Obaseki himself knows now that it is no longer what he thought. The real grassroots mobilizers have left him . Had you know the influence Osho Baba still has in Edo , you'll know it is not same on social media where you people carry out your voting.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by NOHOLDSBAR: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
[s]
Gjrich:
Following the current crisis in Edo State ahead of the 2020 Edo State governorship election, there has been series of events happening with the Edo State national assembly complex being destroyed, Speaker of the House being impeached with his deputy as a new speaker was appointed by 17 lawmakers of the Edo State House Of Assembly under the All Progressive Congress.

Following this, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has addressed the issue of Edo Crisis as he claimed that Obaseki Has committed Impeachable offences.

APC have made a mistake by letting Tinubu come into the picture following the Edo State crisis.

1. As we all know that the current slogan in the mouth of all Edo citizens ahead of the 2020 edo state election is "Edo no be Lagos", why allow a former leader of Lagos state interfere as the Edo citizens hope to eliminate godfatherism in the state?

2. Bringing Tinubu into the picture is just like going against the will of the Edo State citizens.

Now, most of them we'll see it from the angle that they want to make Edo State like Lagos even stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife.

How could they have allowed Tinubu to address Edo when a stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife

3. Also, with the introduction of Tinubu, they just successfully made the election between Obaseki and Oshomole, removing the governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu from the picture.

[/s]

But it's ok for Wicked Wike, Atiku and other PDP cronies to pop nose into Edo election but not Tinubu.

When will this hypocrisy stop in this country?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Ngozioma(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

You don't have leaders in south east. All of you put together are inconsequential and that's why you cry and wail about Tinubu everyday. Maybe if you use the same energy to focus on your useless leaders, you won't be running to the south west because your potopoto region is like this
grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by NwokoloOwa: 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
Tinubu is a party man to core no doubt about that. Really the party leaders need to also talk when its necessary. Is Buhari's lackadaisical and numbness the best for party politics? If Buhari has stepped in last year when the members of the house of assembly were not sworn in, this Obaseki/Oshiomole crisis in their party would have been history

Where I am not particularly not happy with Obaseki is his lack of wisdom. How do you shut out your party's victorious legislators not even another party. Proclaiming the house in the dead of the night in a location of your choice. The party even tolerated so much from him. It smacks of disrespect to the party and its elders. Your party set up re-conciliatory Committees and you rejected all three such committees. And I mean all ! Including a Committee headed by the Senate President, the No.3 man in the country and a party leader.

Even the godfatherism thing we are always talking about is culturally African. The three greatest leaders we always cite as our best (Zik, Awo and Ahmadu Bello) were all super godfathers in their time. They must sanction who gets what and who goes where as far as politics was concerned. Kwame Nkurumah at his peak was a godfather. History has shown that godfatherism can be positive. This talk is however for another day

Una well done

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by emkz: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
Obaseki made several missteps. For example:

He openly announced his resignation from the APC at the Presidential villa. Like your cousin comes to your house and shits on your head. Who does that?

He openly lampooned the party that he won elections under. Ambode never did that.

He openly criticised his benefactor. Ambode never tried that.

He famously said "Edo is not Lagos". Who says that? Then later went to see the Jagaban (and made him an interested party in Edo State).

He influenced the removal of Oshiomole at the ward level and sponsored court actions to get Oshiomole out, which Oshiomole stupidly ignored. Note, Oshiomole was recommended by Tony Momoh to Tinubu and Buhari to clean up the party as indiscipline was getting too rife, but Oshiomole got too combative. If a docile person like Oyegun had managed the 2019 elections, APC would have been in trouble. By fighting Oshiomole, Obaseki unwittingly declared a fight against Buhari and Tinubu who supported Oshiomole. Obaseki is not politically saavy to defeat seasoned politicians.

He openly said Oshiomole must take permission from him before entering Edo State. Imagine Ambode, who was power-drunk, saying Tinubu should take permission from him before entering Lagos. I am saying just imagine it. Does it make sense to you?

Because APC leaders were aloof, they lost Zamfara State and foolishly lost Bayelsa State. So Edo State is an interest for the 2023 permutations. It is in one of two geopolitical zones without an APC governor after Obaseki decamped. If APC wins Edo, the Tinubu mystique would get a notch higher which would help him in 2023 if he runs or one of his boys does. So understand the game before saying APC didn't do well. Every APC party member is an interested party in Edo State.

PS: How often have you heard Wike criticise Buhari, Amaechi and Tinubu? How often do you hear El Rufai criticise Tinubu or Wike? A sensible politician leaves room for reconciliation because he knows he might need the support of his opponents in future. Ize Iyamu and Tinubu understand this too well. Obaseki is not a sensible politician, and in the unlikely event he wins, he'd have a tumultuous second term.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Ogbenison1: 6:47pm On Aug 08, 2020
[s][/s]
Gjrich:

Thrash

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Idrisk19(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
JagAban love you
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Covid-19 will settle Edo election cry
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by nokatakata: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ngozioma:
grin grin grin

Is this supposed to be funny. Why are you biafr.aud monkeys so daft. Even dilector dey look you say you nor normal cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by hamedvision2030: 6:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Edo people I know are one of the most confident people in Nigeria .... bringing Tinubu is a mistake ask any ede person go to Twitter ...it's a mistake

I doubt IBO been President of this country. Either you like or you don't Tinubu has and hold 60% of South West vote in his pocket to support you guys or against you.. without him rubber stamp you guys you are going no where

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by nokatakata: 6:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

Which state are u from ?
I'm from Anambla state. tongue
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by majamajic(m): 6:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

I'm from Anambla state. tongue

U are ashamed of your state , why not claim lagos like others do ?

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by nokatakata: 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2020
majamajic:

U are ashamed of your state , why not claim lagos like others do ?

E pain am tongue

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by majamajic(m): 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
hamedvision2030:

I doubt IBO been President of this country. Either you like or you don't Tinubu has and hold 60% of South West vote in his pocket to support you guys or against you.. without him rubber stamp you guys you are going no where

Are u from ibadan ?

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by onatisi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
i wont be surprised if this edo election ends in fracas , and is inconclusive , there is a lot at stake for both parties , obaseki is fighting for his political survival and pdp needs this election victory to bolster themselves for 2023 , at the same time oshiomole is also fighting for his own survival , if he loses edo , then he is gone , this is a battle between oshimoloe and obaseki .
thugs ,solidiers and hoodlums will be given free hand to operate , with wike coordinating pdp campaign , he wont like to gove in so easily to fg might, kogi will be a child play . many will not go out to vote because they will be scared of been caught in cross fire . at the end the party with the more powerful machinery for violence may likely carry the day

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Ngozioma(m): 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

Is this supposed to be funny. Why are you biafr.aud monkeys so daft. Even dilector dey look you say you nor normal cheesy
grin grin grin I will not cry, I don't like what Nigerians are doing to me.grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by skuffy01(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Oshey online political analyst. You better off your mic and learn. Politics in the real world is a different game entirely Sir.
Igbochief001:

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by NGpatriot: 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Politics or who win or lose doesn't and shouldn't prevent any Nigerian from expressing their views, the people of Edo state are free to re elect the current governor if deserving of that honor or even reject him at the polls regardless of Tinubu's comments and the last time I checked, Tinubu is not on the ballot.

You are free to make Tinubu your usul boogeyman, but you can not deny him his constitutional rights and freedom of expression and association.

Face your front and leave the man alone,

3 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Ezepresido: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
PDP (OBASEKI) will have the say; Edo electorates will vote their choice but APC will have their way to power..

Tinubu statement is an election result announced before the voting.
So Obaseki should prepare to exit the government house. I love him so much but I wish I can help him.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by majamajic(m): 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

E pain am tongue

We elders don't waste our vibes , sometimes we just allow u

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by bkool7(m): 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
nokatakata:

Chai!

Where is this place ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Classic 1974 Cartoon That Shows Nigeria Has Not 'changed' / Boris Johnson Appoints Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch As Minister [Photo] / Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila Taking A Stroll In Paris, France (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.