Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis (57461 Views)

Edo Crisis: Government Slashes Deputy Governor’s Budgetary Allocation / How Many Of These Promises APC Made In 2015 To Nigerians Were Fulfilled? / Edo Crisis: Anxiety In Oshiomhole's Camp As Support For Obaseki Swells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tunoris: 10:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
He has right to comment. Edo no bi Lagos but dem to copy Lagos state tax and development.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tareq1105: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gjrich:
Following the current crisis in Edo State ahead of the 2020 Edo State governorship election, there has been series of events happening with the Edo State national assembly complex being destroyed, Speaker of the House being impeached with his deputy as a new speaker was appointed by 17 lawmakers of the Edo State House Of Assembly under the All Progressive Congress.

Following this, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has addressed the issue of Edo Crisis as he claimed that Obaseki Has committed Impeachable offences.

APC have made a mistake by letting Tinubu come into the picture following the Edo State crisis.

1. As we all know that the current slogan in the mouth of all Edo citizens ahead of the 2020 edo state election is "Edo no be Lagos", why allow a former leader of Lagos state interfere as the Edo citizens hope to eliminate godfatherism in the state?
This might make them think otherwise.

2. Bringing Tinubu into the picture is just like going against the will of the Edo State citizens.

Now, most of them we'll see it from the angle that they want to make Edo State like Lagos even stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife.

How could they have allowed Tinubu to address Edo when a stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife

3. Also, with the introduction of Tinubu, they just successfully made the election between Obaseki and Oshomole, removing the governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu from the picture.

What's your opinion on this?

It's indeed an impeachable offence for the governor to inaugurate only House members he felt comfortable with and shut the door against others he felt loyal to his enemy.

Imagine Buhari refuse to swear in your House of Reps and your Senator in Abuja thereby denying your area or constituency representation, how would you feel?

Whether you like them or not, you have to obey the constitution and make friends with them.

Whoever sold that strategy to Obaseki will be alive to witness the implications soonest.

Is it not ridiculous to hear Obaseki talk about rule of law?

I support Tinubu bcoz I don't want any governor in Nigeria to follow the bad precedence set by Obaseki. No governor should ever try it in any state. What rubbish?

Governors were sworn in to carry out their constitutional duties, so also are legislators.
How can you call some on phone to attend inauguration and left others?

No governor should think he can usurp the powers of the legislators or other arms of government.

Unfortunately Edo youths are mentally lazy and never realized that they are gradually building a dictator in the person of Obaseki.

Never again. Enough of powers that have no root in the constitution.

In the coming days, we shall see the implications of stubbornness and hatred.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tareq1105: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
oga Edo no be Lagos! Take it or leave it! It is the same Edo people that stood behind oshiomole to relegate anenih to political Siberia that are standing behind obaseki to give oshiomole similar treatment! Edo state notoriously has an aversion to godfatherism in this 3rd republic! If you have lived in Edo state you will understand this, the igbinedions' and PDP were relegated in support of oshiomole by popular vote despite Edo being a PDP state, this is not a PDP vs APC issue, this is a people vs the godfathers issue and history will be repeated again! Oshiomole in his arrogance because of past support allowed obaseki to phrase their fight in the terms of good governance vs godfatherism and that term is now universally accepted in Edo so you will see both APC and PDP supporters coming out on election day to vote for obaseki!
And lest I forget, for emphasis, Edo no be Lagos

Continue to relegate your leaders while we Yorubas will continue to respect ours.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tareq1105: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

At list we won our zone for him convincingly .....with all your support for buhari he couldn't get 60% in South West ...shame

When tinubu supported atiku how many states did he win ?
When he supported rebadu how many states

Take away south west votes from buhari ...he still win comfortably

Inconsequential people wants to talk about politics

Point of correction, without South West Buhari won't have gotten the needed spreed.

Please where are you from? I'm a Yoruba man from Ijebu pls.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tareq1105: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
look at this dumbtard! cheesy if there's money to be made in Lagos, I will milk it dry, same for P.H, same for abuja, kano, Kaduna, Maiduguri and my beloveth delta state! How the fvck does the transformation of makoko to lekki benefit me if I am not into real estate or a shareholder in bourdillion PLC? Unlike a jobless lout like you i don't feed on eye candy and unlike you I am well travelled both in Nigeria and outside and as such don't rate your most vaulted lekki to be a big deal! Your lekki and banana island developments are 80% private sector funded, your puppeteer of Lagos and his cronies employ the organs of government to steal choice piece of the pies for themselves while nonentities like you with no benefit in the venture ooooh and aaaah at the eye candy of no benefit immediate or remote to you!
Edo state doesn't need a puppeteer like Tinubu because they are free thinking and not puppets like you! Continue celebrating Tinubu while he steals and borrows Lagos state and your future generations into financial servitude! Ozuoh!

Mention any contemporary of Tinubu in your state that is still relevant today in Nigerian politics.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tareq1105: 10:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
Is it the arrogance of Oshiomole that made your confused Obaseki not to inaugurate constitutionally elected legislators just bcoz of their loyalty to his perceived enemy?

Is that reason reasonable enough to go contrary to the constitution of Nigeria?

BraniacX:
oga Edo no be Lagos! Take it or leave it! It is the same Edo people that stood behind oshiomole to relegate anenih to political Siberia that are standing behind obaseki to give oshiomole similar treatment! Edo state notoriously has an aversion to godfatherism in this 3rd republic! If you have lived in Edo state you will understand this, the igbinedions' and PDP were relegated in support of oshiomole by popular vote despite Edo being a PDP state, this is not a PDP vs APC issue, this is a people vs the godfathers issue and history will be repeated again! Oshiomole in his arrogance because of past support allowed obaseki to phrase their fight in the terms of good governance vs godfatherism and that term is now universally accepted in Edo so you will see both APC and PDP supporters coming out on election day to vote for obaseki!
And lest I forget, for emphasis, Edo no be Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by gazza07(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
I sincerely hope that obaseki is seriously reading bw the lines. Tinubu is smart, master planner, but devilishly smart.

Mo3891:
cool

Political learners

Tinubu statement is more like a coded memo and a call to action to all APC political actors

Obaseki's first ever political appointment was under Tinubu's economic development team

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by gazza07(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
xareal:
The best rigger will win,that's all
Off your mic sir
gbamest
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Tareq1105:

Point of correction, without South West Buhari won't have gotten the needed spreed.

Ogo and sleep ...he got 25% in abia , imo , Delta , Edo , cross Rover , and rivers .... south west were not needed at all
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
ehinmowo:

Buhari second term election and this current Edo election has taught me one thing. That NIgerians are primarily foolish before anything else. Including you (no offense. But if you pick offense na u Sabi). See how easy it is for politicians to divide people into two? Both you that is supporting Obaseki and the other idiots supporting Oshiomole and Tinubu are all mad!
I'm not supporting anyone I'm not from Edo ...truth is truth tinubu speach would hurt APC ...
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by HALCYON44: 12:02am On Aug 09, 2020
For clarification only, I want all young south eastern people who doesn't care to know the real history or origin of Nigeria politics to keep all gutter called mouth shut because yoruba is the brainer behind Nigeria politics take it or leave I dont care. For the blind Edo people who followed Obaseki to be using the logo 'Edo no be Lagos' na mumu dey worry una. Let me take into history a little bit, Edo is not yoruba but a minority group in the southwest who are unlucky to find themselves in the region and has been used as a political game which nobody can do anything about it.( I bust ur brain right) moreover, for the political Rat obaseki who thinks he can battle with the lion his end has come, oshiomole happened to be his political father and now he has grown wings, I pity him because even if he scores 90% in this forthcoming election he will only rule his parlour not Edo state. And for the youth who want to learn from this especially Edo youth u guys need to have a little bit of loyalty in your blood that is the big problem of Edo people they are not loyal at all they believe they can rub, scam or even do their prostitution to the table of honour so obaseki will serve as a scape goat to any1 of u that want to learn. So Tinubu remains very respected man in Nigeria politics even by the presidents and those people that have occupied aso Rock before and because of his qualities that is why the Nigeria big political Wales hate him and try to bring his reputation down. Now any1 that want to die can die. I have spoken
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by focus7: 12:20am On Aug 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

At list we won our zone for him convincingly .....with all your support for buhari he couldn't get 60% in South West ...shame

When tinubu supported atiku how many states did he win ?
When he supported rebadu how many states

Take away south west votes from buhari ...he still win comfortably

Inconsequential people wants to talk about politics

Inconsequential people really?

Igbo we never be president of this country, they will ever remains third citizens in Nigeria and we will not allow them have their Biafra, if they rebel we shall phyton dance them.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by duwdu: 12:33am On Aug 09, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Political learners

Tinubu statement is more like a coded memo and a call to action to all APC political actors

Obaseki's first ever political appointment was under Tinubu's economic development team

I'm aware Mr. Tinubu has always had a Midas touch when it comes to identifying, nurturing and enabling leaders; nevertheless, this info is amazing to me. Thanks for posting.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Gval123: 3:19am On Aug 09, 2020
Naija pipo never ready go anywhere. Tinubu way drug don kill, na innocent Nigerians day fight for? lol. una never ready. oyo is the name of Nigeria. Imagine, Tinubu na national leader, na wa oh. that means that country never ready good. see even young Nigerians day defend who them nor know. You day worship who day eat ur future, na u sabi
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Gval123: 3:28am On Aug 09, 2020
HALCYON44:
For clarification only, I want all young south eastern people who doesn't care to know the real history or origin of Nigeria politics to keep all gutter called mouth shut because yoruba is the brainer behind Nigeria politics take it or leave I dont care. For the blind Edo people who followed Obaseki to be using the logo 'Edo no be Lagos' na mumu dey worry una. Let me take into history a little bit, Edo is not yoruba but a minority group in the southwest who are unlucky to find themselves in the region and has been used as a political game which nobody can do anything about it.( I bust ur brain right) moreover, for the political Rat obaseki who thinks he can battle with the lion his end has come, oshiomole happened to be his political father and now he has grown wings, I pity him because even if he scores 90% in this forthcoming election he will only rule his parlour not Edo state. And for the youth who want to learn from this especially Edo youth u guys need to have a little bit of loyalty in your blood that is the big problem of Edo people they are not loyal at all they believe they can rub, scam or even do their prostitution to the table of honour so obaseki will serve as a scape goat to any1 of u that want to learn. So Tinubu remains very respected man in Nigeria politics even by the presidents and those people that have occupied aso Rock before and because of his qualities that is why the Nigeria big political Wales hate him and try to bring his reputation down. Now any1 that want to die can die. I have spoken
For ur mind, u don pontificate na oh. mugu. backward country with backward youth like u. Na country be this? where Tinubu day way fulani herdsmen day kill yoruba people? where e day way buhari appoint all service chief from the north? anyways, enjoy ur darkness. See nigerian youth point of pride, . The road still long for us for this country
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by 1solution: 4:18am On Aug 09, 2020
What we should first ask ourself is what is the political temperature of Edo people vis a vis this election. Nigerian politicians always put there interest first before the people which has always been the norm.
2. Does Tinubu have the moral right to comment knowing his antecedents in Lagos and elsewhere.
3. The Edo people are a very stubborn and independent minded people and as such APC has given them more reason to reject them and everything they represent. They will vote and defend their right with the last of their blood.. Take my word to the bank and watch as the drama unfolds. Cos the main mantra is away with godfather's Oshiomole used it and won his election so will Obaseki and incumbency has never helped their leaders when the people has made up their mind.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by VTJN(m): 5:29am On Aug 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are u from edo ? ...did I speak for Edo people ? ...what concern tinubu and Edo matter if not typical greed of yorubas

Have u seen any south east leader talk in Edo ?
Are u normal?did i hear u say what concern south east to edo people? a whole national leader shouldn't talk ba? because no be him state ba? u be gbef
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by SaintBeehot(m): 6:20am On Aug 09, 2020
Tareq1105:

Are you this jobless I've never for a minute expect someone in your caliber, to reply this uneducated fools who aren't ready to learn. Come 2100 the Igbo will still be irrelevant in Nigerians politics, with this there level of ignorance and stupidity.

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by 6digitscomrade: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2020
Igbochief001:

U don't have to defend everything ...now see the rubbish u wrote

Edo people I know are one of the most confident people in Nigeria .... bringing Tinubu is a mistake ask any ede person go to Twitter ...it's a mistake

Tinubu got this one wrong accept the fact
even as you approach sagamu with a defunct bendel state car registration everyone start to panic calling u okoro ajekuta ma mu omi... meaning people who eat stones without drinking water..
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by MahatmaGhandi: 6:46am On Aug 09, 2020
The outcome of this dance will leave many in tears. Jonathan is the exception when it comes to the gentility of the Niger Deltan. The only way Oshomole will win is if he gets the armed forces to kill everybody in edo state and replace them with the Nomads.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by jimmynauty: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2020
Edo no be Lagos!
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by nduwale: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2020
A good point. If the slogan is sustained, I see APC in trouble. Na Naija we dey, very soon PDP will drift and start a new slogan "Oshomole is na Ole" kettle and pot things.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by bigfish3k: 8:28am On Aug 09, 2020
loopman:

If your state have a godfather that can transform a place like Makoko to a Lekki for you within a space of 10 years, all of you will sit you asses in your states and won’t be trooping to Lagos with a nylon bag never to return home again without a breakthrough

Even during lockdown, you all were still finding a way to sneak to a place run by the godfather

Awon werey grin
But why osun state not developed by Jagaban, or is he not the godfather there?
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by nduwale: 9:07am On Aug 09, 2020
A good point. If the slogan is sustained, I see APC in trouble. Na Naija we dey, very soon PDP will drift and start a new slogan "he is na Ole" kettle and pot things.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Firespitter: 9:10am On Aug 09, 2020
loopman:

Here is a pained mofo grin grin

Ibos are perpetually angry, is there anything that gives you people joy in life? grin

Seeing you cry over Igbo domination gives us joy. So my fellow Yoruba mozlem, Have you complained about Igbo domination today? grin
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2020
Firespitter:

Seeing you cry over Igbo domination gives us joy. So my fellow Yoruba mozlem, Have you complained about Igbo domination today? grin

Yes you domination of all types of criminal activities all over the world is a source fid concern to everyone
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2020
bigfish3k:

[s]But why osun state not developed by Jagaban, or is he not the godfather there?[/s]

Ok
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Firespitter: 9:17am On Aug 09, 2020
jrusky:

Ok I have heard you. Hope it happen as you said I will be the most happy person because apc annoys me like hell.

I personally do not care about any political party in Nigeria. I only addressed your "federal might" aspect. Whether Apc or Pdp wins it will definitely end with nothing but looting. The only difference is that the broom waving demons' lootocratic tendency is second to none. They have made a pact devil and God will definitely punish them. grin
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Firespitter: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2020
loopman:

Yes you domination of all types of criminal activities all over the world is a source fid concern to everyone

My fellow abobaku mozlem terrorist, have you mined a skull today? grin

You sound frustrated from lack of skull to mine. We have been sending holy ghost fire to your shrine since morning. No peace for the wicked abobaku ritual killer. grin
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2020
Firespitter:

[s]My fellow abobaku mozlem terrorist, have you mined a skull today? grin

You sound frustrated from lack of skull to mine. We have been sending holy ghost fire to your shrine since morning. No peace for the wicked abobaku ritual killer. grin[/s]

Hey kid buzz off

Mynd44 OAM4J please handle this one
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Firespitter: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2020
loopman:

Hey kid buzz off

Eyah.. Repent from your skull mining wickedness or holy ghost fire will consume you and your fellow abobaku mozlem ritualist grin
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2020
VTJN:
Are u normal?did i hear u say what concern south east to edo people? a whole national leader shouldn't talk ba? because no be him state ba? u be gbef
There is nothing like national leader

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku's Ex-Classmate Now Works In His Factory (photo) / Cute Picture Of President Buhari And Wife, Aisha / Ekiti Election: Helicopter With Money Lands In Government House -The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.