Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,165 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:29 PM

3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis (57983 Views)

Soyinka Slams President Tinubu’s Address, Response To Protests / Nigeria's Democracy @ 25: Tinubu's address to Nigerians (Full Text) / How Many Of These Promises APC Made In 2015 To Nigerians Were Fulfilled? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Genoa(m): 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Abagworo:

Tinubu can never be President of Nigeria
Says an irrelevant OSU from Arochukwu.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by BraniacX(m): 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jabioro:
Edo is an Odua state...let that get to you
or Ooda is an Edo satellite undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Jabioro: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
or Ooda is an Edo satellite undecided
Oodua ..so they typically Yoruba dialect,Ishekiri and some Ijaws

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

U don't have to defend everything ...now see the rubbish u wrote

Edo people I know are one of the most confident people in Nigeria .... bringing Tinubu is a mistake ask any ede person go to Twitter ...it's a mistake

Tinubu got this one wrong accept the fact
guy nor mind all this Yoruba pple we go vote out APC out of Edo for sure .....
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 8:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Firespitter:

See this foolish and incoherent yoruba ritual killer. So for your mind you have made a sensible statement abi? You must be a soka forest dweller.

Here is a pained mofo grin grin

Ibos are perpetually angry, is there anything that gives you people joy in life? grin

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by sam1919: 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
Whona never still get sense!
AlabiJ:
The same way Obaseki felt he could drag Lagos into Edo election matter with his 'Edo no be Lagos' mantra (which everyone knows is an indirect shot/attack on Tinubu, when he could have simply said 'Edo against Godfatherism' or something), so also does Tinubu as an APC party leader have the right to comment on the election. Edo people are free to vote their choice but una no fit deny Tinubu of his right to talk or speak his mind as a politician in support of his party and its candidate. Kapish.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by BraniacX(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Jabioro:
Oodua ..so they typically Yoruba dialect,Ishekiri and some Ijaws
Dreaming is allowed, apart from the political gladiators claiming familiarity for obvious reasons, the rank and file don't worth y'all up to a penny, but never mind, continue aggrandising yourselves in your head cool
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
kolade560:

This is part of why I concluded, that I gbos are negative and jealous.....is Uzodinmma , supreme gov. a Hausa man??
Uzodinmma the very useless governor was sent by the party officially ...have seen him comment on the elections ?
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by fredoooooo: 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2020
Is it your mistake... grin
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Onlyonebuhari: 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
Keep decieving yourself, you think 17 state lawmakers won't deliver for their party. When the stupid governor didn't sworn in 9 lawmakers u are happy.
Sifia pain
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by BraniacX(m): 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
jrusky:
Bro as much as Im Obaseki and pdp supporter im not comfortable with that slogan Edo no be Lagos its too direct and confrontational.

This provocation made Buhari to tell apc never to loose Edo. This same slogan had provoked apc big stalwart into its "Edo or nothing" and remember these are cash people with heavy balls and Nigeria politics is your money on the table or go to hell.

That Edo no be Lagos its a very wrong antics very provocative lets be honest now almost all lawmakers had jumped fence when bullion van drove in to their pockets.
oga Edo no be Lagos! Take it or leave it! It is the same Edo people that stood behind oshiomole to relegate anenih to political Siberia that are standing behind obaseki to give oshiomole similar treatment! Edo state notoriously has an aversion to godfatherism in this 3rd republic! If you have lived in Edo state you will understand this, the igbinedions' and PDP were relegated in support of oshiomole by popular vote despite Edo being a PDP state, this is not a PDP vs APC issue, this is a people vs the godfathers issue and history will be repeated again! Oshiomole in his arrogance because of past support allowed obaseki to phrase their fight in the terms of good governance vs godfatherism and that term is now universally accepted in Edo so you will see both APC and PDP supporters coming out on election day to vote for obaseki!
And lest I forget, for emphasis, Edo no be Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 8:39pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
oga Edo no be Lagos! Take it or leave it! It is the same Edo people that stood behind oshiomole to relegate anenih to political Siberia that are standing behind obaseki to give oshiomole similar treatment! Edo state notoriously has an aversion to godfatherism in this 3rd republic! If you have lived in Edo state you will understand this, the igbinedions' and PDP were relegated in support of oshiomole by popular vote despite Edo being a PDP state, this is not a PDP vs APC issue, this is a people vs the godfathers issue and history will be repeated again! Oshiomole in his arrogance because of past support allowed obaseki to phrase their fight in the terms of good governance vs godfatherism and that term is now universally accepted in Edo so you will see both APC and PDP supporters coming out on election day to vote for obaseki!
And lest I forget, for emphasis, Edo no be Lagos

Edo can’t be Lagos, it can’t even be Ogun state in term of development.

Almost all of you shouting Edo is not Lagos lives in Lagos including the buffoon of a governor that has all his businesses in Lagos
Edo is a backward state in all development indices.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by focus7: 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Someone that could not win his home state osun without buhari help

Someone who could not deliver 60% of Lagos to buhari even with 3 vans and thugs ...lol Oga go n sleep tinubu uninfluence us just a media Creation

With all the Igbo's support for Jonathan and Atiku we see what have became of them and don't forget that all the Igbo's vote for this people is just 5% of the rest votes

Tinubu singlehandedly transformed AD to AC then ACN then formed APC with UNCP and the only Igbo party created by the Igbo hero has become a state party even the state is largely shared by PDP and APC with apga with many of them defecting to Tinubu's party lately.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by BraniacX(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
loopman:

Edo can’t be Lagos, it can’t even be Ogun state I’m term of development.

Edo is a backward state in all development indices.
we agree, Edo aren't slaves either, cashcowing for and surrendering their collective patrimony to a godfather with delusions of grandeur!
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
we agree, Edo aren't slaves either, cashcowing for and surrendering their collective patrimony to a godfather with delusions of grandeur!

If your state have a godfather that can transform a place like Makoko to a Lekki for you within a space of 10 years, all of you will sit you asses in your states and won’t be trooping to Lagos with a nylon bag never to return home again without a breakthrough

Even during lockdown, you all were still finding a way to sneak to a place run by the godfather

Awon werey grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gjrich:
Following the current crisis in Edo State ahead of the 2020 Edo State governorship election, there has been series of events happening with the Edo State national assembly complex being destroyed, Speaker of the House being impeached with his deputy as a new speaker was appointed by 17 lawmakers of the Edo State House Of Assembly under the All Progressive Congress.

Following this, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has addressed the issue of Edo Crisis as he claimed that Obaseki Has committed Impeachable offences.

APC have made a mistake by letting Tinubu come into the picture following the Edo State crisis.

1. As we all know that the current slogan in the mouth of all Edo citizens ahead of the 2020 edo state election is "Edo no be Lagos", why allow a former leader of Lagos state interfere as the Edo citizens hope to eliminate godfatherism in the state?
This might make them think otherwise.

2. Bringing Tinubu into the picture is just like going against the will of the Edo State citizens.

Now, most of them we'll see it from the angle that they want to make Edo State like Lagos even stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife.

How could they have allowed Tinubu to address Edo when a stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife

3. Also, with the introduction of Tinubu, they just successfully made the election between Obaseki and Oshomole, removing the governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu from the picture.

What's your opinion on this?

You have not made any point. You have no point. What you have written above is for hooligans and uncivilized, local and crude people.

Can Edo ever be Lagos? Where is decorum and decency. Only thugs and hooligans get excited by Edo no be Lagos. APC is made by factions of Political Parties. It is ACN through Oshiomhole that brought Obaseki to power. The BROOM in APC belongs to ACN. The APC till date carries that BROOM anywhere they are going. APC candidates and members carry that BROOM during their rallies.

That BROOM is the symbol of the Courage and Resilience of Asiwaju Tinubu. It was that BROOM that swept off PDP from power in 2015.

Your village square and primitive politics is too uncivilized to compare Edo with Lagos. Thugs will go to Parliament with the support of governor to dismantle Parliament building. That is too local. I am very sorry for interfering in your local politics. I have advised Tinubu through nairaland not to have anything to do with Edo and Ondo governorship election.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
focus7:

With all the Igbo's support for Jonathan and Atiku we see what have became of them and don't forget that all the Igbo's vote for this people is just 5% of the rest votes

Tinubu singlehandedly transformed AD to AC then ACN then formed APC with UNCP and the only Igbo party created by the Igbo hero has become a state party even the state is largely shared by PDP and APC with apga with many of them defecting to Tinubu's party lately.
At list we won our zone for him convincingly .....with all your support for buhari he couldn't get 60% in South West ...shame

When tinubu supported atiku how many states did he win ?
When he supported rebadu how many states

Take away south west votes from buhari ...he still win comfortably

Inconsequential people wants to talk about politics
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by BraniacX(m): 9:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
loopman:

If your state have a godfather that can transform a place like Makoko to a Lekki for you within a space of 10 years, all of you will sit you asses in your states and won’t be trooping to Lagos with a nylon bag never to return home again without a breakthrough

Even during lockdown, you all were still finding a way to sneak to a place run by the godfather

Awon werey grin
look at this dumbtard! cheesy if there's money to be made in Lagos, I will milk it dry, same for P.H, same for abuja, kano, Kaduna, Maiduguri and my beloveth delta state! How the fvck does the transformation of makoko to lekki benefit me if I am not into real estate or a shareholder in bourdillion PLC? Unlike a jobless lout like you i don't feed on eye candy and unlike you I am well travelled both in Nigeria and outside and as such don't rate your most vaulted lekki to be a big deal! Your lekki and banana island developments are 80% private sector funded, your puppeteer of Lagos and his cronies employ the organs of government to steal choice piece of the pies for themselves while nonentities like you with no benefit in the venture ooooh and aaaah at the eye candy of no benefit immediate or remote to you!
Edo state doesn't need a puppeteer like Tinubu because they are free thinking and not puppets like you! Continue celebrating Tinubu while he steals and borrows Lagos state and your future generations into financial servitude! Ozuoh!
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:01pm On Aug 08, 2020
Only a deaf and dumb will take this your write up serious. You're talking as if a serious minded person who knows the meaning of Nigeria politics will believe you. IPOB desist from supporting Obasekiiiiiiii so that he can get 30 percent vote.
Tinubu is the present father, leader and a great mentor of Nigeria politics. Takes it or leave it
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by loopman: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
BraniacX:
[s]look at this dumbtard! cheesy if there's money to be made in Lagos, I will milk it dry, same for P.H, same for abuja, kano, Kaduna, Maiduguri and my beloveth delta state! How the fvck does the transformation of makoko to lekki benefit me if I am not into real estate or a shareholder in bourdillion PLC? Unlike a jobless lout like you i don't feed on eye candy and unlike you I am well travelled both in Nigeria and outside and as such don't rate your most vaulted lekki to be a big deal! Your lekki and banana island developments are 80% private sector funded, your puppeteer of Lagos and his cronies employ the organs of government to steal choice piece of the pies for themselves while nonentities like you with no benefit in the venture ooooh and aaaah at the eye candy of no benefit immediate or remote to you!
Edo state doesn't need a puppeteer like Tinubu because they are free thinking and not puppets like you! Continue celebrating Tinubu while he steals and borrows Lagos state and your future generations into financial servitude! Ozuoh![/s]

You are a learner, people don’t read jargons here
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by timmiephillips: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lmaoo Nigerians are always bent on focusing their energies on the wrong things...
I see nothing wrong in Tinubu talking about the recent happenings in Edo. He's a Nigerian like you and I and he has his rights to his opinions about his country.

I been wan ask sef, whats so bad in making Edo State like Lagos? The administration, infrastructure and economy of lagos should be a yard stick for Edo state.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Bimpe29: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Really gobe go dey for Edo in September Gubernatorial election
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by celeiyke: 9:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
AlabiJ:

Igbochief, why you carry the matter for head like gala? Are you a hawker? A million of una no fit gag Tinubu from speaking his mind as a politician in support of his party and its candidate. You people are just grasping at straws. If Edo people like they shouldn't vote for APC, it's their choice. But Tinubu has spoken. Una wey no like am fit do ona worst. cool

The last time I checked Amaechi humbled him
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by KunleyY19(m): 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gjrich:
Following the current crisis in Edo State ahead of the 2020 Edo State governorship election, there has been series of events happening with the Edo State national assembly complex being destroyed, Speaker of the House being impeached with his deputy as a new speaker was appointed by 17 lawmakers of the Edo State House Of Assembly under the All Progressive Congress.

Following this, former Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the member of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has addressed the issue of Edo Crisis as he claimed that Obaseki Has committed Impeachable offences.

APC have made a mistake by letting Tinubu come into the picture following the Edo State crisis.

1. As we all know that the current slogan in the mouth of all Edo citizens ahead of the 2020 edo state election is "Edo no be Lagos", why allow a former leader of Lagos state interfere as the Edo citizens hope to eliminate godfatherism in the state?
This might make them think otherwise.

2. Bringing Tinubu into the picture is just like going against the will of the Edo State citizens.

Now, most of them we'll see it from the angle that they want to make Edo State like Lagos even stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife.

How could they have allowed Tinubu to address Edo when a stigma of "Edo no be Lagos" is very rife

3. Also, with the introduction of Tinubu, they just successfully made the election between Obaseki and Oshomole, removing the governorship candidate, Ize-Iyamu from the picture.

What's your opinion on this?

There's no emotion in politics... Tinubu as the right as the party's national leader to comment on the election...

Why was Obaseki dragging him by bringing up 'Edo no be Lagos'

1 Like

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by stayclearofme: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Edo people I know are one of the most confident people in Nigeria .... bringing Tinubu is a mistake ask any ede person go to Twitter ...it's a mistake

You are even the one that wrote rubbish...why not counter the guy with a better point. If the people in Edo are against Tinubu coming into the picture, that is probably because of the divide you belong to. For me that slogan is wrong, Tinubu will do everything to get Obaseki out of that office.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2020
stayclearofme:

You are even the one that wrote rubbish...why not counter the guy with a better point. If the people in Edo are against Tinubu coming into the picture, that is probably because of the divide you belong to. For me that slogan is wrong, Tinubu will do everything to get Obaseki out of that office.
Lol as if he has any influence in Edo ...minus buhari can he even win Osun his home state ?

Ameachi gave aregbeshola the second term

Tinubu influce is only online ...let him win Lagos by 65% first then we fit talk
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by stayclearofme: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are u from edo ? ...did I speak for Edo people ? ...what concern tinubu and Edo matter if not typical greed of yorubas

Have u seen any south east leader talk in Edo ?
Very stupid question! Is Tinubu not a card carrying member of APC? Why the thing dey pain u like this shooooo!!! Are you Obaseki's father?

Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by stayclearofme: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Lol as if he has any influence in Edo ...minus buhari can he even win Osun his home state ?

Ameachi gave aregbeshola the second term

Tinubu influce is only online ...let him win Lagos by 65% first then we fit talk
All your comments just shows how childish you are and you don't know anything about politics, you are just in pains and anguish.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by ehinmowo: 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
Igbochief001:

Buhari second term election and this current Edo election has taught me one thing. That NIgerians are primarily foolish before anything else. Including you (no offense. But if you pick offense na u Sabi). See how easy it is for politicians to divide people into two? Both you that is supporting Obaseki and the other idiots supporting Oshiomole and Tinubu are all mad!
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Tflex01: 10:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Abagworo:

Tinubu can never be President of Nigeria
You are Igbo. You don't matter.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by Aarenaija: 10:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
I am presently in Edo state. Many of the people felt slighted and annoyed with his address.
My host asked me why do Lagosians allowed this guy to feel that he is so important?. I was just looking after all I don't know the answer to give him.
Re: 3 Ways APC Made A Mistake By Allowing Tinubu Address The Edo Crisis by earnit3: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Massive EndSARS Protest In Toronto, Canada By Nigerians (Video) / Boris Johnson Appoints Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch As Minister [Photo] / Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila Taking A Stroll In Paris, France (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.