Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,659 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun (63980 Views)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Reopening Of Churches & Mosques In Abuja: FCTA Releases Guidelines / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by ajepako(f): 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
rottennaija:

They are not opening soon

Yes, we are not opening anytime soon

To us, safety and caution above religion..
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Femeto: 1:30pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Those that are not opening there church really don't know what they are doing
Like you know what you are doing typing this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Lilimax(f): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
As for me, I have gone to church and back.
Praise be to.my Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 1:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
Femeto:
Like you know what you are doing typing this nonsense.
Do you know how many sinners are roaming the street. Do you think everyone will have data on there to stream live services. Some people don't even have what to eat. Do you know when the church is open can walk to church and say he want to save.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

Why?
Did you go to Church today?

Well.. I don't think their decision not to open worship centres really matter cos I believe everyone should have a one on one/personal fellowship with God and the host of heaven in their closet at all times to really curb this "sunday sunday medicine " method of worshipping God.

People need to get closer to God, not temples or buildings. Worship centers can be opened anytime and it won't change who God is. smiley

Do not misunderstand me, the assembly of brethren is equally important and can not be ruled out.

Shalom.

Do you know that not everyone have data on there phone to stream live services. And with this locked down the devil have crippled his way back to the lives of many because there is no church to admonished them and there is no data to stream live. Now they have open the church you are saying you are not opening your church. God will judge them.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by rottennaija(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
ajepako:

Yes, we are not opening anytime soon

Don't just turn it into a victory lap. Hundreds of JWs have died already of this virus if not thousands. Besides, other religious groups are not opening also because of caution and safety and the ones that have open put in place safety measures.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by ajepako(f): 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
rottennaija:

Don't just turn it into a victory lap. Hundreds of JWs have died already of this virus if not thousands. Besides, other religious groups are not opening also because of caution and safety and the ones that have open put in place safety measures.

Did you see a gloating or ,'victory dance' in my comment?

Hardly...l just stated our stance with no bias towards any denomination..

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Myer:

Are you insinuating that God is against titles? I don't follow?
What do you know of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ?

How aware of you of the almost 46 commandments that come as the yoke of the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ? If you go through the gospel of Matthew, and you carefully examine them, you will find that your MOGs are indeed the false prophets that Jesus Christ warned against. They do not obey Jesus Christ's many commandments and so they do not belong to Him.

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Do you know that not everyone have data on there phone to stream live services. And with this locked down the devil have crippled his way back to the lives of many because there is no church to admonished them and there is no data to stream live. Now they have open the church you are saying you are not opening your church. God will judge them.

Hmm... Ignorance is not an excuse of the law.

Now, how can you say the devil has crawled back to peoples live because temples were shut down? When the word of God (bible) is there for them to live by and ward off the devil.

What if I tell you I never watched any service online throughout the lockdown? but I got closer to God by searching through the word from the Bible, fellowshipped with him and prayed more often. So that is not an excuse for Anyone not to remain in Christ.

Jesus says in John 4: 21 -24, a time shall come when people will no longer go to mountains or Jerusalem to worship God but will worship him in spirit and in truth.

Please let's be guided in our judgment of others.

Shalom.
Delkuf.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 2:39pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

Hmm... Ignorance is not an excuse of the law.

Now, how can you say the devil has crawled back to peoples live because temples were shut down? When the word of God (bible) is there for them to live by and ward off the devil.

What if I tell you I never watched any service online throughout the lockdown? but I got closer to God by searching through the word from the Bible, fellowshipped with him and prayed more often. So that is not an excuse for Anyone not to remain in Christ.

Jesus says, a time shall come when people will no longer go to mountains to serve God but will do so in spirit and in truth.

Please let's be guided in our judgment of others.

Shalom.
Why did you think the Bible says we should not forsake the gathering of the brethren. Do since the locked down you never listen to any message and no pastor have meet to talk to you about the Bible. Don't you know that before they were some Christian who just gave their lives to God and needed to grow. But because of the locked down they went back to there formal lives.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Why did you think the Bible says we should not forsake the gathering of the brethren. Do since the locked down you never listen to any message and no pastor have meet to talk to you about the Bible. Don't you know that before they were some Christian who just gave their lives to God and needed to grow. But because of the locked down they went back to there formal lives.

The Bible says study the word to shew thyself approved. If they need to grow then they should study the word of God/ Bible more.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 2:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

The Bible says study the word to shew thyself approved. If they need to grow then they shoiystudy the word of God/ Bible more.

Do you think everyone has gotten to that point of studying and understanding by themselves. There are still babies in Christ. why are talking like this
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by paltielx: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Those that are not opening there church really don't know what they are doing
They are realistic
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Do you think everyone has gotten to that point of studying and understanding by themselves. There are still babies in Christ. why are talking like this

Don't get me wrong, for those who have.heard and.accepted Christ, we can only advise them to study God's word even when we have the.opportunity to meet with them everyday.

mind you, my response is due to the way you are attacking some for not opening worship centers. I'm not in anyways condemning or ruling out worship centers. Just saying it doesn't really mean so much like you're making it seem. smiley

As for those who haven't heard gospel, I believe that is the.work of evangelism and not through sitting in the temple.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

Don't get me wrong, for those who have.heard and.accepted Christ, we can only advise them to study God's word even when we have the.opportunity to meet with them everyday.

mind you, my response is due to the way you are attacking some for not opening worship centers. I'm not in anyways condemning or ruling out worship centers. Just saying it doesn't really mean so much like you're making it seem. smiley

As for those who haven't heard gospel, I believe that is the.work of evangelism and not through sitting in the temple.
See if it fit you to worship and serving God by yourself, no problem, but there are some people it doesn't fit. there are some people the ought to be hearing the word of God so that they can grow. And with church closed even after the govt have open the church, that is undermining the work of God. And no one can stop the work of God. And you said preaching the gospel is for evangelist. Wow, just look at this statement. Then what will you be doing. praying and serving God in your closet because you are not an evangelist. God have mercy. Many Christian are really failing. Let me tell you, the only thing you can do in all of your Christian life that will move God, is when you go out to evangelize. No matter your status if you are not preaching the gospel, you are nothing in the hand of God.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Truvel:
Kobojunkie, Don't Use Ur Jehovah Witness Belief 2 Impose On Others Abt MoG.
Oh wow.. Submitting to the truth of God as documented in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ means one is no JW-ing it?

By the way, did you miss this commandment documented in the Old Covenant....God is not a joke, you know?

Deuteronomy 13 vs 15-20
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “A prophet or someone who explains dreams might come to you and tell you that they will show you a sign or a miracle.
2. And the sign or miracle they told you about might come true. Then they might ask you to follow other gods (gods you don’t know) and say to you, ‘Let’s serve these gods!’
3. Don’t listen to them, because the Lord your God is testing you. He wants to know if you love him with all your heart and all your soul.
4. You must follow the Lord your God. Respect him. Obey his commands and do what he tells you. Serve the Lord your God, and never leave him.
5. Also, you must kill that prophet or person who explains dreams, because they told you to turn against the Lord your God. And it was the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, where you were slaves. They tried to pull you away from the life he commanded you to live, so you must kill them to remove this evil from your people.

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by rottennaija(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
ajepako:

Did you see a gloating or ,'victory dance' in my comment?

Hardly...l just stated our stance with no bias towards any denomination..

You already implied by your statement
ajepako:

Of course, its a parroting of what the governing body member had said in a Jw broadcast when he said that your religion is not like the others who are interested in money so that they would be rushing to open. It was in the same broadcast he mentioned that you are not opening anytime soon (that it might be next year when the vaccine is out).

So pardon me for saying, but that is your mindset among you guys.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oh wow.. Submitting to the truth of God as documented in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ means one is no JW-ing it?

By the way, did you miss this commandment documented in the Old Covenant....God is not a joke, you know?

So, What Do U Understand Abt D Bible Passage?
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
Truvel:
So, What Do U Understand Abt D Bible Passage?
Do you suddenly have problem with English language comprehension or something?

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
See if it fit you to worship and serving God by yourself, no problem, but there are some people it doesn't fit. there are some people the ought to be hearing the word of God so that they can grow. And with church closed even after the govt have open the church, that is undermining the work of God. And no one can stop the work of God. And you said preaching the gospel is for evangelism. Wow, just look at this statement. Then what will you be doing. praying and serving God in your closet because you are not an evangelist. God have mercy. Many Christian are really failing. Let me tell you, the only thing you can do in all of your Christian life that will move God, is when you go out to evangelize. No matter your status if you are not preaching the gospel, you are nothing in the hand of God.

Yes, the gospel can be spread through evangelism which everyone is expected to do including me. I didn't say its for "evangelist" alone which I believe is what you're about and telling me I sit in my closet. Try to understand a text before rushing to judge, I know you're good at it but please calm down.

Just learn to calm down.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Do you suddenly have problem with English language comprehension or something?
I Want 2 Know What D Bible Passage Has In Relation With D Thread.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2020
Truvel:
I Want 2 Know What D Bible Passage Has In Relation With D Thread.
it relates to who you think yourself to be.

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
it relates to who you think yourself to be.
Who Do I Think Myself 2 Be?
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by rabzy: 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
rottennaija:

You already implied by your statement

Of course, its a parroting of what the governing body member had said in a Jw broadcast when he said that your religion is not like the others who are interested in money so that they would be rushing to open. It was in the same broadcast he mentioned that you are not opening anytime soon (that it might be next year when the vaccine is out).

So pardon me for saying, but that is your mindset among you guys.

Well you are the one 'gloating' it here now...the same sentiment has been expressed a thousand times by pastors and parishioners alike that many churches wants to open because of tithes...why don't you pick on that....it is the one on JW broadcasting you want to air here
In the same broadcast, it was said that we would be more cautious than the government even if govt reopens business, we were asked to weigh reopening our business and making money should not be the priority but lives, even our fellowship was also affected, we are avoid visiting one another or be very careful when visiting one another, and must do so with masks, and provide cleaning agents for any visitor...all these other instructions in what way does it involve gloating...we definitely value our lives and would take all reasonable precautions..if it is gloating to you..so be it.

1 Like

Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Truvel:
Who Do I Think Myself 2 Be?
read the commandment a couple more times to get a clue.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by calabardick(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ignorant fools everywhere parading themselves as Christians.
If they don't open now what is your business?
They aren't hungry as your pastors, they know what they're doing.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2020
Brachaa:

Yes, the gospel can be spread through evangelism which everyone is expected to do including me. I didn't say its for "evangelist" alone which I believe is what you're about and telling me I sit in my closet. Try to understand a text before rushing to judge, I know you're good at it but please calm down.

Just learn to calm down.
I was responding to what you wrote
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by akdjr(m): 4:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Well, you actually don't need religion to succeed in life neither do u need it to get closer or become closer to your God. I am not anti-Religion as u said but if you feel those who don't practice religion are anti-Religion so be it. But those who practice the religion should also stop saying that those who don't share same believe with them will end up in hell.
Kazim88:
Whenever i see anti-religion post like that of @akdjr, I just shake my head.

Most people criticizing religion do so because it doesn't align with the way they see life, with what they believe, with the pathway to success.

My question is since, you believe religion is not the way, why not use the way and succeed. Once you have use ur anti-religion pathway and made it, come back and advice us, but this time from experience.

Allow those that choose to go the religious way, if they fail, or lose their money, it is their loss, not your loss.

It's break my heart to see, people that have not made it in life, still blaming Govt... Advising others on how to succeed in life.
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by orgylover: 4:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Well calling me bastard doesn't change anything. And to think of the you spell God means I shouldn't waste my Time arguing with you
who cares about spelling. is there anywhere god asked you to spelling god as GOD? anumanu
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by rottennaija(m): 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
rabzy:

Well you are the one 'gloating' it here now...the same sentiment has been expressed a thousand times by pastors and parishioners alike that many churches wants to open because of tithes...why don't you pick on that....it is the one on JW broadcasting you want to air here
In the same broadcast, it was said that we would be more cautious than the government even if govt reopens business, we were asked to weigh reopening our business and making money should not be the priority but lives, even our fellowship was also affected, we are avoid visiting one another or be very careful when visiting one another, and must do so with masks, and provide cleaning agents for any visitor...all these other instructions in what way does it involve gloating...we definitely value our lives and would take all reasonable precautions..if it is gloating to you..so be it.
At least we are now speaking the same language
Re: List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun by delkuf(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
orgylover:
who cares about spelling. is there anywhere god asked you to spelling god as GOD? anumanu
God love you so much. Give your live to Christ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Zimbabwean Female "Witches" Caught Red-handed Totally Unclad (Video) / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.