Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker (63927 Views)

PHOTOS: Buruji Kashamu Visits Dapo Abiodun / Buruji Kashamu Replaces Adeleke Shittu As Ogun PDP Governorship Candidate / PDP Expels Buruji Kashamu, Bayo Adebayo, Segun Sarki And Sanimu Sodipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2020
0coded80:
when the 24 years old late helicopter pilot died, the internet was full with sympathy, but since the announcement of this man death, one allegation to another has be coming up.

This is a lesson to everyone, what will people says after your death?
what people say after ones death don't really matter, it where a soul will go after death that matters.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by golddust6000(m): 10:40am On Aug 09, 2020
So this man don die? Chai my boss in hotel’d island, and the ceo of nac oil. Very bad man. Him and alao akala are very good friend. He slapped me when I refuse to clean his office after he had finish having sex with edna one Igbo girl she always have sex with.
I remember in 2009 when aEFCC wanted to apprehend him the guy scale fence to zenith building.
Very bad man then.
RIP boss. He lives in lekki phase one.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Nicepoker(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2020
Profile of a criminal
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Slurity(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:
Haba, these are not legacies now
And who calls them legacy?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Akinbahm(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2020
haryothosyn93:
In this country below are my observation:

1. We celebrate criminals as a role models

3. We justify things that are not unjust

5. We promote illegality and paint it as legally

Nigeria will be great again!

God bless Nigeria!!

God bless all nairalands!!!

At the bolded has been our major problem that's one of the reasons I dont point fingers at our leaders cause we the followers keep empowering them by idolizing their evil act and instead of us to deviate away from that path we ourselves keeps trending that same path...

Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2020
Chief Olusegun Obasanjon's Response to his death.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Greenvaiper: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2020
LagosEconomist:

He was alleged to be a major drug kingpin, and his best defence was that it was a brother (that nobody seems to know) that looks just like him. He tried using the old Evan vs Evans Enwerem playbook. There is even a major US TV show inspired by the drug baron (I don't know if this was Buruji or Adewale Kashamu)

Well, he has run his race & will give account, as will those who knowingly defend evil and corruption, and those who attack people speaking up against the evil and corruption, and all of us eventually. God is not mocked, you cannot willingly and continually sin & hope for grace to abound.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/16/alleged-drug-kingpin-wanted-us-elected-senator-nigeria

[b]My friend will you shut your dirty mouth up?
Silly Hypocrite. He who comes to equity must come with a clean hand.
Religious Nigerian fanatic who am sure has bribed to get things done or received bribe to derail a normal process.
I can bet my ass that u didn't pass jamb or waec on your own but bribed your way through the
university. Either you did this or you encouraged your children to do this.

I can also bet my ass that you have forged documents and certificates at one time in your life to clinch a position u r not qualified for.

I can also bet my ass that u haven't being paying tax or the correct amount of tax to the government.

I can also bet my ass that you have embezzled or stolen funds from either your mother's purse or at your place of work.

You are everything wrong with the Nigerian society, preaching preaching and preaching, but most of u hypocritical religious fanatics are at the top of the crime network ladder in Nigeria.

The tithes u have been stealing and collecting from poor people, what have u used it for?

You are also a thief, you haven't had an opportunity like buruji had and that's why u r wining your mouth and claiming apostle of jesus christ. Annoying Hypocrite. Get off my mention b4 I curse you. Spits.
[/b]
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by youngrichnigga: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2020
Gemid94:
Senator Buruji Kashamu died on Saturday due to COVID-19 complications at a Lagos hospital.

Here are some things you should know about the late senator:

1. Kashamu represented Ogun East senatorial district from 2015 to 2019.

2. Kashamu was the Ogun State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election.

3. He was indicted for conspiracy to import and distribute heroin in1998 by a grand jury in the Northern District of Illinois, US.

4. On December 18, 1998, the UK’s Metropolitan Police arrested Kashamu, who was travelling with a Benin passport.

5. He returned to Nigeria in 2003 from Britain after a British court refused a US extradition request over uncertainty about Kashamu’s identity.

6. Kashamu had told the court that he was not the leader of the drug-smuggling conspiracy but his brother, Adewale Kashamu, who he closely resembles.

7. 1n 2015, there was a stand-off at his residence after the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency attempted to arrest him for extradition to the US.

8. A federal high court in Abuja in May 2020, barred the FG from extraditing him.

9. He sued former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, for libel for stating that Kashamu was a fugitive from US justice.

10. Kashamu was the founder of Western Lotto Limited, one of Nigeria’s lottery operators.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/buruji-kashamu-10-facts-about-the-late-ogun-senator-who-died-of

@Bolded, there was no Federal High Court to stop his extradiction by death shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by MaxwellBB(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2020
[quote authtvtor=YorubaLord post=92617242]There's cleansing going on within the Yoruba Lands!

The gods are angry! angry The Spirit of Ojuelegba is angry! The ONLY sacrifice to atone his anger is to cleanse Yoruba Lands of bad eggs.

Ebora Owu... ee ni ye e! (In Ijebu dialect) angry

What befell Late Gov. Ajimobi, Senator Kashamu, Senator Oshinowo etc isn't ordinary and many more to come before the end of 2020. angry

Tinubu, Obanikoro, Melaye, Aregbesola, Bode George, Obasa, OBJ, Saraki, Fayose, Musiliu Akinsanya (Oluomo) etc... The gods are after you! You can ONLY deceive the messengers NOT, the gods. angry

May the Spirit of Fela (Anikulapo), Spirits of Ojuelegba haunt them all to their last generations! angry

Long live the Spirits of Ojuelegba! cool[/quote]..Oga easy oh!
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Shittaakeem(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2020
Equitty15:
this man is very wealthy, he used to be close friends with the proprietor of a neighborhood school close to mine during my secondary school days. R.I.P to him

Do you know we can create an ecommerce or regular
website for you in 10minutes plus a mobile app
uploaded to play store for just 8,000? you pay
after we deliver unbelievable right? try us. it's a win-
win deal. we win, you win more. check siggy.
ecommerce website + mobile app for 8000 you people keep disgracing the I.T profession Shame on you
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by spiralwedge(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2020
LagosEconomist:

Read again, and slowly this time. Hopefully you have the capacity to to comprehend.
The US authorities allege that Buruji was the drug kingpin. Buruji alleges that it was Adewale. He did not deny there was a Kasamu druglord.

Your tantrums cannot mask the reality of your heart, for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (or fingers type, in this case).

I suggest you look deeply inwards and make peace with your creator, & quickly too.

So your mumu hypocrital judgmental eyes ommitted that a UK court refused an extradition?

Mumu hypocrite. Your place in hellfire is hotter.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by gbishman: 11:44am On Aug 09, 2020
What legacy to hand over to his children. Vanity upon vanity remains vanity. Now meet your maker
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by lugo99(m): 11:50am On Aug 09, 2020
does he owned baba ijebu? abi which western lotto be dat?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by santakris(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
His hustle in life wasn't legit. And he was a lawmaker!!!

HE was a senator because he has enough money to throw around. You too can be a senator if you have money to dash out.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Asianjollof007: 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Equitty15:
this man is very wealthy, he used to be close friends with the proprietor of a neighborhood school close to mine during my secondary school days. R.I.P to him

Do you know we can create an ecommerce or regular
website for you in 10minutes plus a mobile app
uploaded to play store for just 8,000? you pay
after we deliver unbelievable right? try us. it's a win-
win deal. we win, you win more. check siggy.

Which school?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Kubernetes: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Where did he get his first and surname from?Are they Yourubas names?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Afritop(m): 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Olamialphonso:
Do your have your fact about him? And do you even know him deep down�‍♂️ See it’s better for you to shut up pls
James Ibori was a Saint not until the long arm of Justice caught him in the UK.
One of the person's OBJ has been highly critical about in his lifetime is this man.
I was also sitting in the fence just like you did but Kashamu's untoward move towards all the allegations levied against him make me think otherwise.
Why did he not submit himself for investigation. How did the FBI come out with facts that he was the middleman called Alhaji in the drug trafficking cartel. When a request was made to extradite him to the US to answer to all these, we all knew how he did everything to frustrate it. Obasanjo's grouse towards Kashamu's is that he involve in politics in Nigeria so as to enjoy immunity clause and avoid being extradited. His House arrest that he was subject to by EFCC in 2015 comes to mind.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Daneguakhi(m): 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
There's a 'rumored' link of Buruji Kashamu's alleged identity in the US as a Drug person to the Real Story behind the Popular Series: Orange is the New Black

Now that Baba is gone, extradition to US cannot occur and the Rumor cannot be confirmed.

Case closed, cos Dead men tell no tales
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2020
haryothosyn93:
In this country below are my observation:

1. We celebrate criminals as a role models

2. We vote criminals and drug Barrons into power

3. We justify things that are not unjust

4. We do act in the spirit of ignorance but 85% are intelligent

5. We promote illegality and paint it as legally

6. We no longer believe in ourselves and this has made us to put all our hope in the hands of all these thugs and criminals we call leaders

Nigeria will be great again!

God bless Nigeria!!

God bless all nairalands!!!

Nigeria will be great again I didn't know that Nigeria was great before.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
helinues:

Hahahahah.

I swear you will call me sir and retract your statement should I list them.

Why should I waste time with probably non achiever in life?

List them, please. Nigerians are waiting to read about your achievements in life.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by zomby(m): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2020
This man can’t be compared to Ajimobi...

You can say anything about the man, without any doubt, he was not perfect just like all of them (Obasanjo included), but one thing was certain about this man...his people were crazy for him and he was also loved by folks outside Ogun state. I guess, that is the difference between Ogun state and Oyo state people; people from Ogun state tend to support one another, while folks from Oyo state rather step on one another.

He was a people’s person, and he would have been a great governor.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
omogerohprecious:

Of what importance is people’s thoughts and words when a man is dead?

I wonder too. The dead does not care what anyone thinks about him or her.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by zomby(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
executive12:

I wonder too. The dead does not care what anyone thinks about him or her.

But what people say Or think about you when you’re no longer here matters...It usually helps to determine the future of the generations or the people you left behind.
This is why, we must try our very best to always do what is right
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by emperorzz(m): 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
yinkus6750:
Allow the man to Kash out in peace.
Not compulsory that such histories should be documented against him.

Oh really! Why, if i may ask.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
jidamsel43:
The senator came to the world, saw and conquered. He is being remembered by notable Nigerians. He was benefactors to many young Nigerians. Ogun state students and other youth will never forget his philanthropic work in the state. His philanthropic work also extended other states in Nigerians. These could deduced from the barrage of condolences from notable Nigerians from all walks of life .Pray that you conquer and achieve in life like him

I thought a lot of Yoruba internet warriors claim that the Yorubas don't support their criminals? Yet they didn't seem to have any problem electing Buruji Kashamu a Senator.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by 1759ademola(m): 1:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
I like this man when he donated trailers of rice to Osun State people during the hunger crisis.
Many people that are criticising him, PLS SHOW ME HOW MANY GOOD IN YOUR STREETS, EVEN YOU?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Haha.. No 6 reminds me of James Ibori. Quite funny unremorseful and unrepentant souls!
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Lukayly:
With all this, how did he become the senator of the Federal Republic?

Nigeria is not an ethical society. It's a morally degenerate society where people pretend to be religious.
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by executive12: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
dederocs:
If your life did not affect the people, humanity or make an impact on the populace, then your life is a waste, parasitic at best.

Didn't you read that he was big on philanthropy?
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by mentored: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
Gemid94:
Senator Buruji Kashamu died on Saturday due to COVID-19 complications at a Lagos hospital.

2. Kashamu was the Ogun State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election.

3. He was indicted for conspiracy to import and distribute heroin in1998 by a grand jury in the Northern District of Illinois, US.

4. On December 18, 1998, the UK’s Metropolitan Police arrested Kashamu, who was travelling with a Benin passport.

5. He returned to Nigeria in 2003 from Britain after a British court refused a US extradition request over uncertainty about Kashamu’s identity.

6. Kashamu had told the court that he was not the leader of the drug-smuggling conspiracy but his brother, Adewale Kashamu, who he closely resembles.

7. 1n 2015, there was a stand-off at his residence after the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency attempted to arrest him for extradition to the US.

8. A federal high court in Abuja in May 2020, barred the FG from extraditing him.

9. He sued former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, for libel for stating that Kashamu was a fugitive from US justice.

10. Kashamu was the founder of Western Lotto Limited, one of Nigeria’s lottery operators.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/buruji-kashamu-10-facts-about-the-late-ogun-senator-who-died-of

Our LAW MAKER!!!
Re: Buruji Kashamu: 10 Things About The Late Ogun Lawmaker by bigtt76(f): 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
He had to throw his younger brother under the bus to protect his name undecided

Gemid94:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South / Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.