Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) (23247 Views)

My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc / What Are Benefits Of Being A Member Of The AMORC? / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear The Word 'AMORC'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2011
You can freely discuss your love or hatred of AMORC here! If you have a question please dont also hesitate to ask and any member of AMORC suld please respond to any critism wit love!
Peace profound to all.

4 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2011
I was once asked, 'who introduced u to rosicrucianism?' Well, ts a question I always find amusing, because nobody physicaly did! I got introducd by curiousity and I have never regret it.
When I was in the university, during a discusion in my hostel room, a roomate told us of how his uncle advised not to go and study philosophy as it culd lead him to studying AMORC, which according to him, is evil! But according to him and others, great men and women such as Newton, Faraday, Einstein etc were part of this so-called occultic organisation and that is just what fired my curiousity for I reseaned, all the above mentiond scientists are my mentors and I dont know thm to be evil rather they have been held in high esteem all over the world! If truely they belong to AMORC then AMORC must be good and all the critism must be false! I went on to find out more by consulting the encyclopedias in our library. I wrote to the AMORC in Calabar through their address I acidentaly stumbled upon in a newspaper, they replied but due to financial constraint I could not register until my service year. And that is my story in brief!
Contrary to what u may be thinking, being an active member is financialy intensive, you always pay for what you learn, it is a school of life! Your lesson stops when your money stops. But please dont be scared because of this, what you will pay is actully a stipend compared to what you will learn!
I will try to enumerate some basic teachings of Rosicrucian here, if you are also a member you may coroborate, correct or coment on whatever you read and if u ar a non-member, feel free to express ur mind positive or negative!

4 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 16, 2011
Since I became part of R&C Order I have discovered, suprisingly, that most if not all of what is practise in conventional churches are thought wit deeper logical explanations! Though it suld be carefully noted that the Order is absolutly non-sectarian, any religious person is wellcome, male or female. If u want to be a member of R&C, u must necesarily believe in a Deity! What u call the Deity is absolutly ur cup of tea, it culd be Allah, God, Budah, Bra-Ma, Olorun, Chineke, Ubangiji, etc. In AMORC, people ar always asked to pray to the 'God of their heart' i.e, God as u think of it!
Among the most important methods used by AMORC to achieve their aims include meditation, visualisation, concentration and contemplation.
Meditation I culd say is a very deep prayerful condition( forget about all those physical excersises done in churches, it is no prayer at all, infact, the muslims, in my opinion, are closer to praying than christians!).

2 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 4:17pm On Feb 16, 2011
CogitoErgo ,

What's AMORC/your personal view about life after death and re-incanation?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 17, 2011
AMORC strongly believe in re-incarnation, even though this teaching is not at all impossed on any member, just like all other teachings of AMORC! U may chose not to agree with the reincarnation thing and still be a strong member!
Personally I prefer to align with the re-incarnation, because it make far more sense to me.
AMORC teaches that we as humans are composed of Spirit, Soul and Body. Our body is just a physical container for 'us'. When we 'die', the body decays very quickly while the soul lingers on fo a while, but it also soon disintegrates! The spirit part of us stays on forever and it rises into spirit world after 'death'( AMORC does not use 'death' we use the word 'transition'), the transition to the spirit world is like coming to the physical world of a newborn baby! In the spirit world, the spirit goes into a state of contemplation over how it lived its life in the physical world, it realises its mistakes (it suld be noted that how you live ur life on earth affects the purity of ur spirit, holy and decent life enhances the spiritual purity). After a predetermind period in the spiritual world, the spirit then leaves the spirit world and is then reborn or reincarnated in the physical world with the aim to improve its pureness, but unfortunately, the aim is soon forgoten for most of us. This coming and going will continue until the required level of spiritual purity is reached.

3 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2011
It should be noted that my posts here are not the official statement of AMORC, but they are my personal understanding of the teachings I received from AMORC!
Contrary to popular believes, there is absolutely no magic in AMORC, infact it teaches against magic! Praying to the God of ur heart using the more effective methods of meditation, visualisation, concentration and contemplation. Coincidentaly, all these methods are also used, in not more effective ways, in churches, mosques etc.
AMORC teaches that nobody can harm another person unless the person being harmed allows it! Everybody has spiritual atmosphere protecting them, the strength of this spiritual atmos depends on the spiritual pureness of individual. The strenght can be increased by living holy and good life and it can even be percievd using the technique taught by AMORC. If anybody wishes u evil or send evil thought to u, it is ur spiritual atmos that will reflect it away frm u and naturally, according to the law of KARMA, back to the source. But if the spiritual atmos is weak, the evil thought may penetrate and affects the recipient! But no matter how weak, the reflective effect is always their and u cannot eliminate the 'back-to-sender' effect. This explains, partly, why evil doers and fetish people always end up with one evil or the other, they are only reaping what they sowed and for the same reason, every member of AMORC is always advised to beware of what they wish others, never wish others evil, if anybody wish u death or any other evil, you suld quetly and deep in ur heart wish the person good and well!

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 6:52pm On Feb 18, 2011
CogitoErgo,

Thanks for the response. You agreed, from your response, that the essence of earth birth/re-birth,among others, is for spiritual purity. Showing genuine love to other mankind and to our creator is key to spiritual purity.

Do you agreed, do you not, that joining any esoteric organisation,is not necessary to attaining spiritual purity, do you not?. In other words, spiritual purity transcends any religion, organisation, sect, philosophy,etc,etc.

So, why do you think joining AMORC add value to our sojourn on earth? In my humble, and limited opinion, joining any esoteric organisation, exposes the soul to undue, unnecessary influences from the beyond. Soul, eventually, after successful exploit on this material plane,will progress to the next plane. So why bother it, on this plane, with experiences, such as soul travel, telepathy etc. What do you think?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Mitchelin(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2011
It's nice to see someone actually searching after knowledge, but here's my view after perusing your post, you do not have to go broke to get enlightenment. There are lot of sects out there with equally sound spiritual teachings that don't require your lessons to stop when your money stops. Just my two cents here.

2 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 19, 2011
Thanks coldwater
I agree with u, joining any organisation, be it esoteric or not, is not the key to spiritual purity! But I think, and I beleive u will reason with me, that if we are all spiritualy pure or if we all know how to achieve spiritual purity then their will be no need for Jesus, Budah, Mohammed, etc to come to this physical world and for sure there would have been no need fo any esoteric organisation and infact this world would have been a paradise!
As I tried to explain, we have been distracted in this physical world from our main aim of coming here, it takes some people who are highly developed spiritualy, like Jesus Christ or those groups who are in possesion of proper methods or procedure of attaning spiritual purity, like AMORC.
Soul travel, telepathy etc are nt burden n our souls! They are what everybdy experiences everyday and night. Have you dreamt before? If yes, then u had soul traveled! Have u sat down somewhere and sudenly u felt that somebody is in ur house or u felt somethng has happend to somebdy in some far place? If yes, then you had done some form of telepathy!
Everyday we are influenced by the spiritual world simply because we are also spiritual. These influences are actualy the best fo us. For instance, if there is going t be an accident, u will be warnd spiritualy, be how many of us can/know how to percieve this warnings? This is part of what AMORC teaches.
Peace Profound

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 8:25pm On Feb 19, 2011
CogitoErgo,

Thanks for the detailed response. I fully understand your explanation.

Soul traveling naturally by dreams are unconscious and without formal procedure - that's how our creator, I opined, wants it at this material plane.

Soul traveling, among other soulsperience, as practised by AMORC, are obtained by conscious procedures, steps, chanting, etc. These, in my opinion, are artificial, un-natural and unwanted. What do you think about the forced soulsperience?

However, can you start discussing the monographs, right from the neophyte section, can you?

Remain blessed, as always.
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 21, 2011
Sorry my friend coldwater, it will be illegal and bridge of contract fo me to discuss the monographs, especialy wit a nonmember! That notwithstanding, I was suprised to download a copy of the monograph on the wikileaks! But if u sincerely and openheartedly want to learn about AMORC without being a member, then u can attend one of numerous open lectures to the general public, it is usually anounced in public media in my area!
What I can do is to discuss various aspects of life as I personally understand it based on what I had learnt!

2 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21, 2011
cogitoErgo:

What I can do is to discuss various aspects of life as I personally understand it based on what I had learnt!

Ok. I am all ears on this. Let's go!
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2011
Apart frm the spiritual teachngs, AMORC also teaches how to maintain the body in good physical condition, fo the physical conditn of a body is a direct indicatn of the health of the spirit in the body!
AMORC teaches against intake of stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, etc. Smoking and drinking r not advised as they have various adverse effects on the physical. But, as t suld be noted, all teachngs of AMORC r simple advice wt logical reasons, thus many members still smoke and drink, fo instance, even though I dont smoke nor drink but I still take caffeine!
There is this infomation that Rosicrucians do not eat meat! I want to know ur view on this before I say something on it.
I read mitchelin's coment and I agreed wt him! There s no need to go broke in search of enlightement. But in his post he seems to be saying that AMORC is a sect? I quite disagree wt this, AMORC does nt teach any religious doctrine, it is absolutely non-sectarian. Wether christian, muslim, budhist or whatever, you will always have somethng to learn frm AMORC. The only people that may not have any use fo AMORC are the Atheist, AMORC beleive in the existence of God!
To me personally, AMORC is a SCHOOL where life (both physical and spiritual) is taught in detail.

2 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Apart frm the spiritual teachngs, AMORC also teaches how to maintain the body in good physical condition, fo the physical conditn of a body is a direct indicatn of the health of the spirit in the body!
AMORC teaches against intake of stimulants such as caffeine, nicotine, etc. Smoking and drinking r not advised as they have various adverse effects on the physical. But, as t suld be noted, all teachngs of AMORC r simple advice wt logical reasons, thus many members still smoke and drink, fo instance, even though I dont smoke nor drink but I still take caffeine!
There is this infomation that Rosicrucians do not eat meat! I want to know your view on this before I say something on it.
I read mitchelin's coment and I agreed wt him! There s no need to go broke in search of enlightement. But in his post he seems to be saying that AMORC is a sect? I quite disagree wt this, AMORC does nt teach any religious doctrine, it is absolutely non-sectarian. Wether christian, muslim, budhist or whatever, you will always have somethng to learn frm AMORC. The only people that may not have any use fo AMORC are the Atheist, AMORC beleive in the existence of God!
To me personally, AMORC is a SCHOOL where life (both physical and spiritual) is taught in detail.

CogitoErgo,

Sorry for the belated response.

I do eat meat moderately. Hitherto, I haven't thought about the spiritual implication of doing so. What is the spiritual dimension to eating meat?

I will like you to share your view about cosmology, and how to tap into the enormous cosmic forces, for the betterment of humanity.
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 5:27pm On May 02, 2011
beloveth COGITO EGO SUM, i am so so happy with your responses to the questions in this forum. i am a rosicrucian and just discovered your page.

for the benefit of this forum, i wish to state categorically what amorc is.

amorc is a university of life. it is a society of men and women who have devoted their time to the study and apllication of the mysteries of nature and the laws of God. just like pythagoras(a rosicrucian) stated: All that exist are laws and those laws operate in numbers. the secrets of nature is too delicate that a misuse of it, might be dangerrous. it is only a mystical organisation lik amorc that can bestow these teachings to its worthy members.

i will leave with this statement from einsten(a rosicrucian)

The most beautiful and most profound experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the source of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their primitive forms – this knowledge, this feeling is at the centre of true religiousness.

– Albert Einstein

3 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 02, 2011
is it true that you guys fly at night (astral travel?)

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 02, 2011
The great Obafemi Awolowo was a Rosicrucian and he attained the highest height before his demise.

I prefer to be a Rosicrucian than to find my way to all these religious buildings.

Though, i've come to a better understanding of all what life entails after coming across the work "In The Light Of Truth: The Grail Message", that work has no rival as it stands on its own, and can never be compared with any other teachings that can be found on earth at this point in time.
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Goldieluks: 8:15pm On May 02, 2011
These are the things the devil uses to entice and deceive simple minded people,
Jesus Christ is the only way the truth and the Light(John 14:6)
He is ready to forgive your sins,pray to Him for forgiveness and leave your evil ways of worshipping.

watch this,
http://www.testimoniesofheavenandhell.com/2011/03/angelica-zambrano-was-shown-the-kingdoms-of-heaven-and-hell-and-the-return-of-christ/

7 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 3:12pm On May 03, 2011
where is my friend cogitoErgo?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by coldwater(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2011
wink
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Sweetnecta: 12:30am On May 16, 2011
A man told some people a made up story about himself so that he may be thought to be a noble man. His outside image is not actually his reality. He knows it and someone else knows it with him. That Some Else is God.

The same man in his deceit is generous to a fault to those who are not the most important person in his life. The most important person in his life is his aged mother who he in spite of all his outside showmanship he knew that she was destitute and called him for help. He made sure that she is locked up so that she never has the opportunity to speak up about how much she is suffering while her son is the philanthropist of the nation.

At long last, his day came that a reporter discovered the truth, while writing a piece to honor him.

Does anyone think that the news about the treatment of his mother will make him worth than pure dirt in the eyes of people who can reason? I think not.

The above is a weak similitude about the man [the people who make up ways to please themselves while they ignore the One True God Who creates and deserves all worship] and the way his Lord will deal with him from the moment the Angel of death comes to extract his soul and leave him lifeless.

Alhamdulillah. I pray that each of you can turn your life around and worship The Most Merciful.

Allah is not to be worshiped as you wish. His religion that He gave to mankind is roadmap specific. It is unlike the others full of make up and personal desire.

If you say your Lord is Allah, you must worship Him as the community of muslim does without going to another society to co mingle with others who with you say their god is Buhddah, etc.

The declaration of faith of Islam is a two parter; negating all gods and worships first. The solely declaring that Allah is the Only One and to Him is all worship, request, hope, etc depending on Him under His Will, with all patience and reverence.

How is it The One Who controls everything is ignored or in association to what He has Absolute Power over? Is there a god but God Almighty Allah, alone?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by omosexy1: 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
Is this forum still active?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by nitch(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
omosexy1:

Is this forum still active?

You new here?
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 1:50pm On Apr 06, 2012
Greetings my beloved friends, it's been quite a while. Life is a matter of choice. You can only be poor only if you choose to be. Take your time to ponder on these.

Do you know that not all the thought you entertain originate from you?
Do you know that everything has an opposite
Do you know that peace and war are two extremes of the same thing
THE SECRET OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS GIVEN ONLY TO THE CHOSEN ONES.

2 Likes

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2012
A good number of nairalanders have called me for more enquiries on Amorc. Feel free to call me on 08151008807
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by tchaik(m): 12:26am On Apr 08, 2012
GREETINGS Respected. I am so happy to see this thread on Nairaland.
@CogitoErgo and Matthew7.1 and other Fraters and Sorors, WELL DONE.
I don't know how this thread runs but we can make it a kinda forum for Learning, ( both for members and non-members). Seriously respected it is worth the try.
PEACE PROFOUND.
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by highness111: 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2012
I ve alwayz admired AMORC. But I need one on one xplaination . I mean face to face.cos I will like to join .I stay in Abuja. In case any member can give me such xplainations.

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by Nobody: 4:38am On Apr 13, 2012
mathew7:1:
A good number of nairalanders have called me for more enquiries on Amorc. Feel free to call me on 08151008807
Thanks alot bro, I'm in Ilorin, how easy will it be for me to join as I don't think AMORC is in kwara state.
Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
@ highness and zameen, please visit http://amorcnigeria.org/affiliates.html and get the name and locations of all affiliate AMORC bodies in Nigeria. Always feel free to ask your questions here, call or sms me. Peace profound

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 10:23pm On Apr 13, 2012
tchaik: GREETINGS Respected. I am so happy to see this thread on Nairaland.
@CogitoErgo and Matthew7.1 and other Fraters and Sorors, WELL DONE.
I don't know how this thread runs but we can make it a kinda forum for Learning, ( both for members and non-members). Seriously respected it is worth the try.
PEACE PROFOUND.

We shall give it our best shot then. May be soon, topics for discussion will be rolled out. Thank for that suggestion. SALUTEM PUNCTIS TRIANGULIS

1 Like

Re: For All The Friends And Foes Of Rosicrusian Order(amorc) by mathew71: 10:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
mathew7:1:
Greetings my beloved friends, it's been quite a while. Life is a matter of choice. You can only be poor only if you choose to be. Take your time to ponder on these.

Do you know that not all the thought you entertain originate from you?
Do you know that everything has an opposite
Do you know that peace and war are two extremes of the same thing
THE SECRET OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS GIVEN ONLY TO THE CHOSEN ONES.

If true, where then does other thought originate from?
what are these opposites made of?
How can two opposing attributes be reconciled into one thing?

I think, therefore I am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maltreating Your Wife Hinders Your Prayer - Mike Bamiloye Tells Married Men / If You're A Civil Servant & Your Children Are Abroad, You're A Thief- PST Sarah / God Will Save Common Nigerians Oppressed By Those In Authority – Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.