Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Lampard's Obsession With British Players. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lampard's Obsession With British Players. (610 Views)

Rooney: Kane Is Like CR7, They Have A Kind Of Selfishness, obsession with goals / British People Blast The Nigerian Jersey (pictures) / Frank Lampard Appointed As Derby’s Manager On Three-year Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by Great100000: 5:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
I remember when Tottenham and Liverpool were all about English players. They achieved nothing.

Lampard will be a very nice coach but his favoritism is the reason why Chelsea couldn't go far in the Champions league. Even with a transfer ban, Atletico Madrid reached champions league final. Real Madrid with transfer ban won the Champions League.

I didn't expect Chelsea to win the champions league though but I expected Chelsea to top their group and reach the quarter finals at least.

Chelsea with transfer ban couldn't beat Valencia. Chelsea only beat Ajax once because of Batshuayi. If Lampard had played the senior team players like Pedro, Giroud, Willian, Batshuayi attack instead of playing Mount, Abraham, Odoi, James and co in group stages, Chelsea would have topped the group and wouldn't meet Bayern.

In the first leg against Bayern, Lampard had to switch formation just to contain James, James flopped throughout the match as Alphonse Davies tore him to pieces. Davies is just 19 years.

Chelsea had Mario Pasalic, a player on loan in Atalanta performing far better than Mount but Lampard chose to bring Mount as if Chelsea is an academy team for small players. Chelsea likes signing young exceptional players but players like Mason Mount doesn't deserve Chelsea because there is nothing exceptional about him. The only reason Mount is playing for Chelsea is because he is an English player and a Chelsea academy graduate.

Look at Pulisic, He is exceptional, look at Havertz, look at Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, they are better but United hasn't done better with them yet, Look at Mbappe, these are young exceptional players, not Mount. Mount is just an overrated Lingard. Abraham has flashes of quality but he deserves to be on loan for two more seasons before he can break in to the main Chelsea team, Same with Hudson Odoi. These guys need to play regularly professionally to help their development. Leroy Sane played regularly for Schalke before Manchester City bought him and he shone. These young players need to play frequently for clubs with lesser ambitions before they can be integrated into the first team. You can't just carry championship players into a big team just like that and play them week in week out. The senior players wouldn't be happy playing with amateurs when there are experienced ones on the bench. You can only integrate young players stage by stage or send them on loan to get much experience. Chelsea isn't an academy.

Atalanta that Chelsea loaned a good player scored four goals past Valencia while Chelsea got beaten at home to Valencia and some are blaming transfer ban. Chelsea were used to winning matches at times without Hazard those days. Pedro is world class but couldn't see any chance. The reason why Lampard started playing Giroud after project restart was because he was afraid of losing the top four. If there was still chance, Abraham would play week in and week out no matter his performances just as Mount did. Many people were saying that Mount tried but the truth is that no attacking midfielder will play week in and week out and wouldnt see a chance to score. Play Lingard same amount of matches as Mount and same places, he will score and assist more than Mount but can that team be world class or champions? Never! Exceptional players do better than that. They create more and score more and not just wait for opportunities to create itself out. Kante who is a defensive midfielder played in attacking position under Sarri and was scoring and assisting. This shows that there is absolutely nothing exceptional about Mount this past season, he is just not close to average but is over hyped and he is one of the reasons Chelsea didnt score much. Pulisic who is of the same age with Mount scored and created more despite being a winger and not playing much compared to Mount. Pulisic is exceptional.

Lampard choosed to let David Luiz go and then how did Chelsea defence play out. The team lacked leadership and David Luiz even took the FA cup away from their eyes. Lampard just wanted to play Tomori.

He sent Victor Moses on Loan to Inter Milan just to play James also as wing back...Who does that? Inter Milan was far better than Chelsea this season and Lamps was still strengthening Inter Milan by loaning them a better player from Chelsea while using academy players for Chelsea. Why didnt Lampard chose to bring in Victor Moses? Is James better than Moses? Chelsea would have done better with Moses no doubt. Chelsea won the league with Moses so he has proved himself.

Chelsea had a transfer ban and had up to 25 loan players. Lampard should have brought in players based on merit and not because of nationality. James came back after helping a championship team escape relegation and Lampard decided to put him in first team immediately, is that what Chelsea philosophy is all about?

Lampard killed Chelsea this season and Chelsea seems to be too big for him for now. He was playing Mason Mount day in day out while nothing much came from him with all the matches. Delle Alli was fire in his first season and he was same age as Mount then but he was scoring goals and assisting many matches. He was influential.. You can't say that for Mount in a better team. Mount is not influential. Mason Mount cannot change a game if Chelsea is losing. If you put him as a substitute, you will not see any impact. I don't even want to talk about Barkley. Chelsea are gradually turning to Arsenal and Arsenal are quietly taking Chelsea's bigger players. Which coach will during the course of a season bench Pulisic just to play Mason Mount, which coach will bench Pedro to play Mason Mount, Chelsea isn't Derby County and Premier league isn't the Championship. Mount didn't win the championship, neither was he the best player in the championship to at least deserve to play for Chelsea. I am not even sure he made it to the team of year in Championship. Hudson Odoi came back from injury and started the next match, Pulisic came back from injury and was kept on the bench, h was mostly used as a substitute, yet he was making massive impact. Barkley came back from injury and played the next match, Pedro didn't see any chance at all until few weeks before the season was shut down. He was already on his way to winning a place in the team.

I hope these young players have learnt a lot to deserve playing for Chelsea next season as Chelsea and Lampard has made much sacrifice for them.

Thank God Chelsea made it to the top 4 this season. Thank God for Olivier Giroud and Pulisic. If they had played much during the course of the season, Chelsea wouldn't have struggled to nail down a third place finish talkless of being fourth.

1 Share

Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by dawnomike(m): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
I reasoned with most of the points you made... Even though, they are not 100% valid to mean but I think you are right to a great extent.
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by Great100000: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
dawnomike:
I reasoned with most of the points you made... Even though, they are not 100% valid to mean but I think you are right to a great extent.
Thanks
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by VillageBus(m): 7:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
all your points makes no sense, James was among our best players for this season, but Tammy, Mount and Odoi were just inconsistent, but at there best are very good players.
And pasalic is good but not on the same level as Mount, Tammy lost form towards mid season but his at his best he is far better than Giroud and Batshuayi.
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by inereunwa1(m): 7:03am On Aug 10, 2020
op it seems like you know more about football! you must be a good punter! grin
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by oyatainer(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2020
The op seems to be critical of Lampard's inclination to Britons, which is valid to a certain extent. But the introduction of Mason Mount is never a problem. He creates competition in the team. The problem with Chelsea this season is much of defence more than midfield and attack.
The midfield's performance is commensurate with the goals scored and creativity. Their defence conceded too many easy goals.
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by cassidy1996(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2020
up Chelsea.....
Re: Lampard's Obsession With British Players. by manuel4real(m): 9:06am On Aug 10, 2020
VillageBus:
all your points makes no sense, James was among our best players for this season, but Tammy, Mount and Odoi were just inconsistent, but at there best are very good players.
And pasalic is good but not on the same level as Mount, Tammy lost form towards mid season but his at his best he is far better than Giroud and Batshuayi.

I disagree with this, if Giroud has started same number of matches compared to Abraham I bet he would have outscored him by far

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi arrives in His Benz To Barcelona Training Ground / Iheanacho Is Naturally A Midfielder / Please How Can I Get Reliable Football Besting Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.