Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal (1457 Views)

Ondo 2020 Governorship Election Results (INEC Result Viewing Portal) / Edo: INEC Election Results Viewing Portal Assessment By A Nairalander / I Decided To Test-Run The INEC's Election-Results Viewing Portal Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:15am On Aug 10, 2020
I finally made up my mind to cross-check the officially released results of the recently concluded Nasarawa Bye-election with the so-called INEC Result-Viewing Portal.
I did not want to waste much time with it, so I decided to start my cross-checking exercise with the Ward-level Results (Registration Area Results)..
To my greatest surprise, there were no such results on the portal..
Only the Polling-unit Results were scattered everywhere on the portal. Even the fully compiled and completed single final result sheet was no where on the portal.
It then dawned on me that I had to start going through the whole Polling-unit Results one-after-the-other in order to gather the information I needed.
After-all, how many are they even?
Sheey na only 44??

That was how I started going through the photos, zooming them in and out, and even turning my phone upside-down in some cases, in order to read the figures, most figures of which were very distorted and improperly calculated.
But even at that, I still couldn't get all the needed information from the so-called portal.
INEC had deliberately made sure that they thwarted the information on the portal, so that whoever that went there in search of information would still end up not getting the full information.
The reason I made the above statement is because, in LAMINGA Ward, they purposely misplaced the photos of the results for LAMINGA-III Polling-unit.. Rather, in place of it, they uploaded the blurred result of KAWA/KAWO-OP Polling-unit..
This now means that the result of the KAWA/KAWO-OP was actually uploaded two times on the portal.. One in place of LAMINGA-III, and One at the slot rightly created for KAWA/KAWO-OP (ie, it is case of missing result/repeated result).
Apart from the above gross error, most of the photos were snapped in the night. Some even had the very same background all through for all the photos snapped in that ward.
In fact, for the NASARAWA EAST Ward, the photos for the UNG DUTSE-PB and UNG MALLAM-PB Polling-units were snapped by the same photographer.. If you look well, you would see his designer shoes inside the two photos.
From all these, it was very clear that almost all the photos in the so-called portal were taken at the ward-collation points [s](after they must have finished the Ward-level manipulations)[/s], rather than being taken directly at the Polling-units.

Photos:
1. The KAWA/KAWO-OP Result released in place of LAMINGA-III Result. (It's not so clear on the portal too)

2. The KAWA/KAWO-OP Result.

3. The UNG DUTSE PB Result. The Photographer's designer shoes are visible at the center-bottom of photo.

4. The UNG MALLAM PB Result. The same designer shoes (in 3 above) is visible at bottom-left corner of the photo, even though it is dark

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2020
Well..
We will continue to Watch Them..
One day One day, We Will Get There.!!
The Officially declared Result by INEC is attached in the photo below for the sake of comparison....
Meanwhile, from the Results in the Portal, after the total summations, these figures are what I arrived at.
(The reason I delayed a little was because I waited a bit longer to see if they would re-upload the correct result for LAMINGA-III Polling-unit, but up till now, they have not done that. So, I have to sum up what I have, just the way they presented it)....
Total Number of Registered Voters is: 70,167.
Total Number of Accredited Voters is: 12,965.
Total Number of Valid Votes is: 13,113.
Total Number of Rejected Votes is: 116.
Total Number of Votes Cast is: 13,229.
Total Votes Scored by APC is: 8,529.
Total Votes Scored by PDP is: 4,857.
There is no need worrying about what happened here.
I am going to explain everything straight away.
From the results uploaded to the portal, it was very obvious that there were lots of manipulations on the Polling-unit results, and thus, that was the reason why the total valid votes cast was far more than the number of accredited voters (according to the results on the portal).
And again, some of the Polling Officers (PO) made mistakes while entering the values, and they didn't record the values properly and appropriately.
(These PO's were mostly NYSC adhoc staff who went through series of trainings, so it is assumed that they knew the right things to be recorded in the sheets.)
Thus, when the Collation Officers at the higher-level collation points noticed some of these gross irreconcilable errors, they had to cancel such Polling-units (or adjust the values in such Polling-units so that the values can correspond with themselves). They were not supposed to adjust the values in the first place. All that they were supposed to do is to cancel the faulty Polling-units. But the truth is that they would sit back and adjust the values of the faulty Polling-units.
You may now also wonder why the sum of the votes of APC and PDP surpassed the total Valid Votes??
That's same thing we are still saying..
The gross manipulations and the human errors that happened at the time of entering the values into the result sheets, are to be blamed.
The best solution to all these gross human errors and manipulations is to minimize the human involvement and interference in the election process; and this can be achieved primarily by electronic voting, and also, an immediate online real-time electronic collation.
This would minimise all unnecessary human interference and errors, and every unwarranted third-party manipulations.

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2020
I wish and hope that one day, INEC would get it right with the elections in Nigeria.
Even though the Electronic Voting and the Online Real-time Electronic Collation is not yet obtainable in Nigeria, the use of the Election Results Viewing Portal (Officially created and updated by INEC) can be put to a very good use.
The only shortcomings of the portal is that it cannot totally minimise or eliminate the Manipulation of the Polling-unit Results before they were uploaded to the portal. But the good news is that, once they are uploaded, the data in them automatically becomes available to the public for scrutiny.
One more important thing INEC should also include in their Results Portal, is the photos of the results that were collated at the various Registration-Area Levels, Local-Area Levels, State Levels, as well as the final collated Result Sheets, with all the accompanying photos of the reports of the cancelled Polling-units, Wards, and so on.
This (though would not minimise the Polling-unit-level manipulations) would definitely minimise and eliminate all the mid-level errors, interferences, and manipulations at the Registration Area Levels, Local Area Levels, State Levels, and so on.
I will definitely keep another date again with the INEC on the 19th of September, 10th of October, and 31st of October 2020.
If INEC does the right things with the Results Viewing Portal, it would go a long way in endearing them to the people, and at the same time, gaining the cherished trust of the people.
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by rottennaija(m): 6:28am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I decided to cross-check the officially released results of the recently concluded Nasarawa Bye-election with the so-called portal.
I decided not to waste much time with it, so I wanted to start my cross-checking exercise with the Ward-level Results (Registration Area Results)..
To my greatest surprise, there were no such results.. Only the Polling-unit Results were scattered everywhere. Even the fully compiled and completed final result sheet was no where on the portal.
It dawned on me that I had to start going through the whole Polling-unit Results one after the other in order to gather my information.
How many are they even? Sheey na only 44??
That was how I started going through the photos, zooming in and out in order to read the figures, most of which are very distorted.
But even at that, I still couldn't get to the end of it.
INEC deliberately made sure that they thwarted the information on the portal, so that whoever that went there in search of information would still end up not getting the full information.
The reason I made the above statement is because, in LAMINGA Ward, they purposely misplaced the photos of the results for LAMINGA-III Polling-unit.. Rather, in place of it, they uploaded the result for KAWA/KAWO-OP Polling-unit..
This now means that the result of the KAWA/KAWO-OP was actually uploaded two times on the portal.. One in place of LAMINGA-III, and One at the slot rightly created for KAWA/KAWO-OP (ie, it is case of missing result/repeated result).
Apart from the above gross error, most of the photos were snapped in the night. Some even had the very same background all through for all the photos snapped in that ward.
In fact, for the NASARAWA EAST Ward, the photos for the UNG DUTSE-PB and UNG MALLAM-PB Polling-units were snapped by the same photographer.. If you look well, you would see his designers shoes inside the two photos.
From all these, it was very clear that almost all the photos in the so-called portal were taken at the ward-collation points, rather than at the Polling-units.
It's Such A Shame...
It's not every thing you must condemn. Sometimes, you have to sit back and allow the system to work and correct flaws. INEC just released the guidelines, has it occurred to you that they may still be working on the site? But here you are, the smart ass who has tested it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:33am On Aug 10, 2020
rottennaija:

It's not every thing you must condemn. Sometimes, you have to sit back and allow the system to work and correct flaws. INEC just released the guidelines, has it occurred to you that they may still be working on the site? But here you are, the smart ass who has tested it out.

So my guy, does it occur to you that the reason for this very thread is for INEC themselves to quickly look into it and make immediate amends??
But here you are, The smart ass who rushed to comment

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by rottennaija(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
So, does it occur to you that the reason for this is for them to quickly look into it??
Smart Ass that rushed to comment
Yes. I see your open letter to INEC or your tweets where you tag INEC. Nonsense

You are the one disgracing your self because you have swore in your life that nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria. Something is introduced to the public and you are here condemning it as a shame without giving the system the time to correct itself.

4 Likes

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2020
rottennaija:

You are the one disgracing your self because you have swore in your life that nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria. Something is introduced to the public and you are here condemning it as a shame without giving the system the time to correct itself.
Oga Sir,, it is my disgrace, not yours..
NOW GET LOST.!!
Whenever INEC gets it right, I will know.
But for this one, they were just trying to test how possible it is to rig elections with the pretence of trying to be transparent in releasing their results to the public.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2020
rottennaija:

Why can't organization as big as INEC introduce something better, why would they introduce it to public when they know it's not 100% perfect
Oga stop supporting mediocrity
The money they budgeted for this same thing was given in full not half

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by rottennaija(m): 6:54am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Oga Sir,, it is my disgrace, not yours..
NOW GET LOST.!!
Whenever INEC gets it right, I will know.
But for this one, they were just trying to test how possible it is to rig elections with the pretence of trying to be transparent with releasing their results to the public.

As you said, it's a shame. Really.

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by Ipromote: 6:55am On Aug 10, 2020
Terrible! With all the government funding and money they get! Nigeria is the so called big country that has nothing working!

Trying to increase sales and patronage? Try effective social media advertising.. See my siggy
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2020
rottennaija:

As you said, it's a shame. Really.
Thanks At-least
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by rottennaija(m): 6:57am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
Thanks At-least

Lol

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by rottennaija(m): 7:01am On Aug 10, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

Why can't organization as big as INEC introduce something better, why would they introduce it to public when they know it's not 100% perfect

Understand me, I'm not supporting mediocrity. I know this is Nigeria where a lot of nonsense are done by the government. But even more nonsense is done by the citizens.

I have worked on computer programs before and even website (though not my major). I know the work involved in getting this things right and errors to be corrected.

My problem with the op is that he has already condemn everything before ever giving it the opportunity to work. We see the same thing with npower.
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 7:09am On Aug 10, 2020
Seun
Lalasticlala
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by sinkhole: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2020
The worst part of it, for those trying to praise inec, is that up till now inec has not seen the error to effect correction! This is more than a day after an election, there should be somebody doing quality control.
Besides, the Laminga III result is deliberately snapped/copied blurred while the Kawa/Kawo result, which is the same with LamingaIII, is very clear!

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by sinkhole: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I decided to cross-check the officially released results of the recently concluded Nasarawa Bye-election with the so-called portal.
I decided not to waste much time with it, so I wanted to start my cross-checking exercise with the Ward-level Results (Registration Area Results)..
To my greatest surprise, there were no such results.. Only the Polling-unit Results were scattered everywhere. Even the fully compiled and completed final result sheet was no where on the portal.
It dawned on me that I had to start going through the whole Polling-unit Results one after the other in order to gather my information.
How many are they even? Sheey na only 44??
That was how I started going through the photos, zooming in and out in order to read the figures, most of which are very distorted.
But even at that, I still couldn't get to the end of it.
INEC deliberately made sure that they thwarted the information on the portal, so that whoever that went there in search of information would still end up not getting the full information.
The reason I made the above statement is because, in LAMINGA Ward, they purposely misplaced the photos of the results for LAMINGA-III Polling-unit.. Rather, in place of it, they uploaded the result for KAWA/KAWO-OP Polling-unit..
In fact, for the NASARAWA EAST Ward, the photos for the UNG DUTSE-PB and UNG MALLAM-PB Polling-units were snapped by the same photographer.. If you look well, you would see his designers shoes inside the two photos.
From all these, it was very clear that almost all the photos in the so-called portal were taken at the ward-collation points [s](after they must have finished the Ward-level manipulations)[/s], rather than at the Polling-units.
It's Such A Shame...
Photos:
1. The KAWA/KAWO-OP Result released in place of LAMINGA-III Result. (It's not so clear on the portal too)

2. The KAWA/KAWO-OP Result.

3. The UNG DUTSE PB Result. The Photographer's designer shoes are visible at the center-bottom of photo.

4. The UNG MALLAM PB Result. The same designer shoes (in 3 above) is visible at bottom-left corner of the photo, even though it is dark

One important thing @OP, did you try to sum the total, as uploaded, and compare to the total, as announced? Because, if the two tally then there is a FRAUD. If they do not tally then it means we can not take the portal result serious!
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2020
sinkhole:
The worst part of it, for those trying to praise inec, is that up till now inec has not seen the error to effect correction! This is more than a day after an election, there should be somebody doing quality control.
Besides, the Laminga III result is deliberately snapped/copied blurred while the Kawa/Kawo result, which is the same with LamingaIII, is very clear!
Thanks So Much for verifying what I wrote in the Original Post
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 8:22am On Aug 10, 2020
sinkhole:

One important thing @OP, did you try to sum the total, as uploaded, and compare to the total, as announced? Because, if the two tally then there is a FRAUD. If they do not tally then it means we can not take the portal result serious!
You are now giving the OP a task naa..,, sheey??
How can I sum the total when the information in the portal is not complete??
Meanwhile, please can you explain your bolded statement further??
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by sinkhole: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2020
BluntNigerian:
You are now giving the OP a task naa..,, sheey??
How can I sum the total when the information in the portal is not complete??
Meanwhile, please can you explain your bolded statement further??
The result on the portal has error: one result was repeated twice, so if they used that to do the calculation for the final result then the final result clearly is incorrect!
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by Sonnyboom: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:

What in your life is perfect for you to. Expect perfection from an entity that as always failed from 1960 not just from 1999 ?

You can see that your brain is totally damaged.
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2020
sinkhole:
The result on the portal has error: one result was repeated twice, so if they used that to do the calculation for the final result then the final result clearly is incorrect!
I think I got you now..
I will reply you shortly with the answer.
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by SweetJoystick(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2020
Nice one BluntNigerian

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
SweetJoystick:
Nice one BluntNigerian
Thanks So Much.
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by tk4rd: 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
I'm speechless

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by tk4rd: 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by ashewoboy(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
seunmohmoh pvssycheesy.

btw, op you get time.

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
ashewoboy:
seunmohmoh pvssycheesy.

btw, op you get time.
Am I complaining??
Or is there anybody complaining??
More of these are still coming from where these ones came from
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2020
sinkhole:
I am back with the summations...
The Officially declared Result by INEC is attached in the photo below.. You can compare them..
But from the Results in the Portal, after the total summations, these figures are what I arrived at.
(The reason I delayed a little was because I waited a bit longer to see if they would re-upload the correct result for LAMINGA-III Polling-unit, but up till now, they have not done that. So, I have to sum up what I have, just the way they presented it)....
Total Number of Registered Voters is: 70,167.
Total Number of Accredited Voters is: 12,965.
Total Number of Valid Votes is: 13,113.
Total Number of Rejected Votes is: 116.
Total Number of Votes Cast is: 13,229.
Total Votes Scored by APC is: 8,529.
Total Votes Scored by PDP is: 4,857.
You don't need to worry about what happened here.
Let me just explain everything to you.
There were lots of manipulations at the Polling-units, that was even the reason why the total valid votes cast was more than the number of accredited voters (according to the results on the portal)
Or maybe the PO’s didn't record the values properly and appropriately.
But then, these PO's were mostly NYSC adhoc staff who went through series of trainings, so it is assumed that they knew the right thing to record in the sheets.
Thus, when the INEC officers in the higher collation levels noticed these gross irreconcilable errors, they had to cancel such Polling-units..
You may now also wonder why the sum of the votes of APC and PDP surpassed the total Valid Votes??
That's same thing we are still saying..
We have to still blame it on the gross manipulations that happened at the time of entering the results into the result sheets..

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by Sammy07: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2020
rottennaija:

You are the one disgracing your self because you have swore in your life that nothing good can ever come out of Nigeria . Something is introduced to the public and you are here condemning it as a shame without giving the system the time to correct itself.
Your moniker says otherwise

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by DMerciful(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
You clearly accept mediocrity. Even small businesses and even big brother naija where thousands vote for their favorite housemates have far more superior systems and they got it right the first time with far lower funding
rottennaija:

Understand me, I'm not supporting mediocrity. I know this is Nigeria where a lot of nonsense are done by the government. But even more nonsense is done by the citizens.

I have worked on computer programs before and even website (though not my major). I know the work involved in getting this things right and errors to be corrected.

My problem with the op is that he has already condemn everything before ever giving it the opportunity to work. We see the same thing with npower.

1 Like

Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by BluntNigerian: 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: My Few Observations On The INEC Results Viewing Portal by sinkhole: 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2020
BluntNigerian:
I am back with the summations...
well, in summary, it is useless waisting your time monitoring the result on that site as the final result does not depend on whatever is posted on the site!
Thank you very much for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Approves N8.9b Hazard Allowance For Health Workers / The Senseless Write Up Called :yoruba Ronu / Boko Haram And ISWA Seen Forcefully Converting People To Islam. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.