Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty (18351 Views)

The Bible Isn’t Wrong, You Are / It Is Wrong For A Christian To Date Before Marriage- Pastor Obie Jason (video) / Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by ma373733(m): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
Smile4mee01:

I agree to some extent but we must realize that in the bible days there was no dating, even abraham asked his servant to get his son a wife. this is a woman abraham or his son did not know too well. Even many of our parents did not date, it was more like arrnaged marriage and somehow many worked.

I dont think this style of dating has worked for our generation very well. if you ask me, i would prefer to go back to our old ways.

Old ways doesn't work this life is dynamic we gats follow suit girls have changed boys too . there's fake life everywhere!!! Pls tell me can you marry a random girl or random guy?
Abraham nkor him no get concubines?
In the old times they do have concubines for konji gringrin we should stop thinking those people of old angels

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Patrioticman007(m): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
DAVE5:
Very true

Nah from clap dance dey start

Hypocrisy !!!.

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Omoejigbahe(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
What's this one saying, he should go for covid test.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by fairheart(m): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
Rebelutionary:

Dating is NOT the same thing as courtship sis!
Read this https://iblp.org/questions/how-courtship-different-dating
Hey, which one is "behavioral dichotomy"on social media bawo, sis you are either "hot" or "cold"! You can't tell me "Jesus loves me" and "comment different". Who's child are you? Let's be guided!

I read the article you shared. Look, people define things differently. In the Western world, people date with the hope of settling down (marrying) with the man/woman they are dating. Check the original activities intended for dating and check the one intended for courtship. The definition of courtship, according to that article is not different from the original definition of dating. You can't separate the right from the wrong by definition; you separate them by showing people what is wrong and what is right.

It is our intentions that tells. Dating is not different from courtship, in that people who date with the intention to get to know each other with view of marriage in mind experience the same thing that people who court experience--according to the article you shared. When you court, you spend time with him, laugh together, play together, support each other, pray for each other, etc. Dating nurtures ground for same activities. People can tell you they court and still have sex; and people can date and abstain.

You can't just bump into a woman and take her to the altar. In a world a lot of people pretend, you need to mingle, call each other, spend time together, talk about life, career, ask questions about individual habits, know genotype class, meet each side parents, go to cinema, beach. Can this happen without premarital sex? Yes!!! People have done it! People who claim dating is different from courtship would still enjoy the aforementioned activities.
People date for 6 months, 12 months and even longer without sex. YOUR INTENTION for being with someone is what separate those who fornicate when they meet new person from those who stays pure.

But I understand that in Nigeria, we mix a lot of things together in a society without values and direction.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Lamanii22(f): 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2020
[quote author=Slawormir post=92666599] Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Hmmmmmm

Why can't Christian date and fuckkk each other

If Christians ( brothers and sisters) can work for the lord
Then why can't they chop (date and fuckkk) each other for the lord
After all na where you for dey work you supposed chop
That is why it is called workchop[/quote

Nigga, you don't make sense this time....

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Kemimarch16(f): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2020
Rebelutionary:

Dating is NOT the same thing as courtship sis!
Read this https://iblp.org/questions/how-courtship-different-dating
Hey, which one is "behavioral dichotomy"on social media bawo, sis you are either "hot" or "cold"! You can't tell me "Jesus loves me" and "comment different". Who's child are you? Let's be guided!
Mr judge since you are the one that knows everything then u should tell me child of who I am since your own Bible says u should judge
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Ajixegun: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
cool hit it OFF and marry a tout) Jezebel wey go cut Ur prick)cut Ur hair for ritual.Maximum dating should be @ least 3 months

When you date for that period even for 6 month and you guys decided to tie the knot, that when people will start saying, "why are they in a haste to get married?"
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by BoboNogoDie: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2020
Does so-called HYPOCRITICAL Christians believe and practice this?

Which religion has the highest number of oloshos?

Cc:
righteousness89

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Goalnaldo(m): 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nooel1:

You've never dated then you shouldn't be given speech you know nothing about. Your case is like that of a lecturer that teaches business administration but has never run a business in his life before.
or like this fellow below grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by NiCurious: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Edopesin:

You cannot always work it out, life is not that straight forward sir people change with the weather. These changes can be influenced by different societal factors

Besides I will never advise anyone to change for his or her spouse, it's this submissive that make ladies end up in abusive relationships and society will tell them to endure and not look at divorce as a way out
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Finnestgreat: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
This pastor funny,how u go c woman and marry her without knowing anytin about her.This is y dating is necessary.Atleast a guy should date a girl for 5months(if u are matured and ready 4 marriage)
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
Smile4mee01:

I agree to some extent but we must realize that in the bible days there was no dating, even abraham asked his servant to get his son a wife. this is a woman abraham or his son did not know too well. Even many of our parents did not date, it was more like arrnaged marriage and somehow many worked.

I dont think this style of dating has worked for our generation very well. if you ask me, i would prefer to go back to our old ways.
Truly bible days are not like ours, even the times of the new testament shows notable changes, how much now. Dating has been misused by some set of people. Arranged marriage is not as it seem then and now, not many will like it (information and freedom are different then and now)
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Rebelutionary: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Mr judge since you are the one that knows everything then u should tell me child of who I am since your own Bible says u should judge
I don't know everything sis, I only tried to correct you based on what you put up there but its obvious that you saw the correction in a bad light.

And hey I wasn't "judging you" and that statement was a challenge to you on your stand for the Jesus you say loves me! You cant say that and still tell me that a contrary statement is not a reflection of your character.

'm sorry if you are offended!
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DAVE5(m): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Hypocrisy !!!.

Best part is we're nothing but hypocrites in the hands of fairness

Lol

Las Las, all of us follow be hypocrite, e still no mean say make we no talk true
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Thazard(m): 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Hmmmmmm

That is why it is called workchop

Senseless
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Kemimarch16(f): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
Rebelutionary:

I don't know everything sis, I only tried to correct you based on what you put up there but its obvious that you saw the correction in a bad light.

And hey I wasn't "judging you" and that statement was a challenge to you on your stand for the Jesus you say loves me! You cant say that and still tell me that a contrary statement is not a reflection of your character.

'm sorry if you are offended!
What u read here has Little or no connection with my character, Social media has made it possible to have behavioral dichotomy ,you only emphasis on dichotomy and leave the rest. I'm sorry too
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by ucdex101(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-9AKabrHE
It is wrong for Christians to date-clergyman, Obie Jason, says

Nigerian clergyman, Obie Jason, has said that it is wrong for Christians to date. According to him, when you date, you get dirty. He is of the opinion that dating does not in anyway reveal the true character of a person and so people should just hit it off by getting married.

what He is saying is the blunt truth.. the 21th century have bastardised so many things..
take a look at our father n grandfather. once they see a person they want to marry they go straight to the father of the woman an they finalise the process..
was their anything like dating then?
Did their marriage last or not?
so many Christians have used the excuse of dating to commit sexual sin
what is say is the simple truth....
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
fairheart:
Hey Miss! smiley
hi mr
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Poske95(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
...when dating means Fornication
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by JastSiryin(m): 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
I really just pity humans. You have a brain, but yet still seek the command of someone to tell you how you have to live every facet of your life because you're scared of sinning. How sensible do you think that is? I'm a Christian, but i know that even Christianity has gone through some evolution.

Was it not the same Christianity that was against sex for anything other than procreation? Many saw it as a dirty necessary evil we had to perform in order to procreate. Therefore it was considered sinful to even think of sex as a recreation. But somehow we've disproved this, albeit with scriptures to back it up.

But where in the scriptures does it talk of using contraceptives? Where? Of course, you trust religious people to throw common sense to the wind and quickly label it a sin. But the more progressive churches have seen the sense in it, and rightly so. Afterall married couples reserved the right to safeguard against unwanted pregnancy. Furthermore, it's simply not practicable to wait until you want to have a child before one satisfies his/her sexual craving. This is a just one of many examples were human reasoning and common sense is absolutely okay.

There's a reason why we've evolved into dating, and it has nothing to do with disobeying God's commandment. There were several things in the bible that were permissible, it doesn't mean they're benchmarks on how 21st century Christians should live their lives. Haba! Let's have sense na. Alot of people just like to make life difficult for themselves by insisting on things that are really incompatible with present day life. And the funny thing is, they usually end up bitter and miserable but they'll never tell you. But it's easy to spot them, because they revel in inflicting guilt and condemnation on people they've labeled sinners. That's their way of spreading the gospel. Stupid people grin
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DAVE5(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2020
Zzor:
very true,therrs nothing like dating,its a gradual process to fornication

You don talk am finish...

We like to twist things to suit ourselves

One Christian group shared flyers back in my school days that youth should attend and learn how to date in a Christian way, seriously University students should date in a Christian way, I nearly lambast the guy wey give me flyer

Process of dating these days

First day, no touching
Second day, u get comfy around ur new spouse
3rd day, hold hands
4th day, holding hand become boring, so you peck
5th day, kissing since pecking has involved
6th day, kissing becomes boring
7th day, press nyash
8th day, nyash becomes stale
9th day, finger follow work hard
10th ....
11th ...

This process continues till they break up and find new partners, the process repeats, all the while they're still getting to know each other while increasing their body count

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by SeriouslySense(m): 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
Date Sensibly and we learn, we are humans, not robots
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
DAVE5:

You don talk am finish...

We like to twist things to suit

One Christian group shared flyers back in my school days that youth should attend and learn how to date in a Christian way, seriously University students should date in a Christian, I nearly lambast the guy wey give me flyer

Process of dating these days

First day, no touching
Second day, u get comfy around ur new spouse
3rd day, hold hands
4th day, holding hand become boring, so you peck
5th day, kissing since pecking has involved
6th day, kissing becomes boring
7th day, press nyash
8th day, nyash becomes stale
9th day, finger follow work hard
10th ....
11th ...

This process continues till they break up and find new partners, the process repeats, all the while they're still getting to know each other while increasing their body count
exactly
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by SeriouslySense(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Well some people take Bible on their heads too much, Just be a youth and be very sensible.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by MichaelBlake40: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by MichaelBlake40: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nooel1:

You've never dated then you shouldn't be given speech you know nothing about. Your case is like that of a lecturer that teaches business administration but has never run a business in his life before.
Whether he has dated or not has no influence on the truthfulness or falseness of his comment.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by blackjack21(m): 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Hmmmmmm

That is why it is called workchop

Guy what inspires you to be so comical? grin
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Aarenaija: 9:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
I don't argue with Pastors bit on this one you are wrong sir. Dating is not a license to commit fornication or adultery but a period of which you get to know the person of INTEREST.
Mary the mother of Jesus was betrothed to Joseph the Capenter. Betrothed means they are seeing each other according to their custom at that time. Same it is from culture to culture. Dating is synonymous with courtship same with betrothing.
You can't just pick someone you don't know from the road and straight to marriage.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by KingWarri: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
So true ... Only marriage should entitle you to seeing a woman's pant or man's boxers.
You are an Extremist...

Human by nature is meant to have sex... There is nothing dirty about it....
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by TemmyT002(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2020
Everybody knows; everybody just dont care.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DebbieSylvex(f): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Nbotee:
Some of these pastors will jus open their mouth and spill anything jus to sound relevant. He shld jus ask Christians to look for a gal dey want to marry and work for the family like Jacob did

If na from clap dance dey start, how d marriage go jus start den wen una no clap?

@Nbotee, don't say wat u don't know,der was nothing called dating in the bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals / House On The Rock Church In Abuja Is On Fire (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.