Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty (18354 Views)

The Bible Isn’t Wrong, You Are / It Is Wrong For A Christian To Date Before Marriage- Pastor Obie Jason (video) / Boyfriend/Girlfriend Relationship, Also Known As Dating: Is It Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DebbieSylvex(f): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
ucdex101:

what He is saying is the blunt truth.. the 21th century have bastardised so many things..
take a look at our father n grandfather. once they see a person they want to marry they go straight to the father of the woman an they finalise the process..
was their anything like dating then?
Did their marriage last or not?
so many Christians have used the excuse of dating to commit sexual sin
what is say is the simple truth....

plain truth dear....
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Arrowss(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
DAVE5:

Haba, no be so nah

The normal thing I believe should be meet a girl or your parents would have chosen one for you (our traditional ancestral ways), you can decide to understudy her or not based on if your parent or you can verify she's of good behavior

All this courtship of 20 years is just total thrash on my opinion

That understudy, verify is just synonyms of dating, dats what one does in dating, so u determine how long u understudy or verify, weather 1 or 2 months or 20 years as u have exaggerated, besides, that ancestral way its so not it at all, very wrong and you kW it, so the thing is, its how one runs his or her dating is what matters, weather in bad ways or good ways
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by dollynnn(f): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2020
fairheart:

I read the article you shared. Look, people define things differently. In the Western world, people date with the hope of settling down (marrying) with the man/woman they are dating. Check the original activities intended for dating and check the one intended for courtship. The definition of courtship, according to that article is not different from the original definition of dating. You can't separate the right from the wrong by definition; you separate them by showing people what is wrong and what is right.

It is our intentions that tells. Dating is not different from courtship, in that people who date with the intention to get to know each other with view of marriage in mind experience the same thing that people who court experience--according to the article you shared. When you court, you spend time with him, laugh together, play together, support each other, pray for each other, etc. Dating nurtures ground for same activities. People can tell you they court and still have sex; and people can date and abstain.

You can't just bump into a woman and take her to the altar. In a world a lot of people pretend, you need to mingle, call each other, spend time together, talk about life, career, ask questions about individual habits, know genotype class, meet each side parents, go to cinema, beach. Can this happen without premarital sex? Yes!!! People have done it! People who claim dating is different from courtship would still enjoy the aforementioned activities.
People date for 6 months, 12 months and even longer without sex. YOUR INTENTION for being with someone is what separate those who fornicate when they meet new person from those who stays pure.

But I understand that in Nigeria, we mix a lot of things together in a society without values and direction.
well couched !
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DAVE5(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2020
Arrowss:

That understudy, verify is just synonyms of dating, dats what one does in dating, so u determine how long u understudy or verify, weather 1 or 2 months or 20 years as u have exaggerated, besides, that ancestral way its so not it at all, very wrong and you kW it, so the thing is, its how one runs his or her dating is what matters, weather in bad ways or good ways

This generation has turned dating to sex tour, nowadays all in the name of court and finding the right one, girls don turn sex slaves, one guy on this same nairaland posted his wife to be baby bump as pre-wedding photos, his claims were if the girl doesn't carry belle he can't wife her, I understand it's probably to see if she hasn't destroyed hey womb, but if at all her womb had been scattered from excess abortion, shei no be the guy fellow guys give her belle?

On front page this weekend one guy posted that his padi had lost interest in a girl his friend wanted to marry that is now pregnant for his said friend and the girl was good to him when he was down, who would now carry the pregnant lady on her head,

u go marry after-one?

Somebody said Bible said 2 cannot work unless they agree, my understanding of that statement is if you guys refuse to work, you can not work whether you court for 20 years or not

Let me not drift, in most cases dating/courting leads to sex which leads to pregnancy

I no be saint ohh..

My own matter heavy, I can't cast myself here but e hot, thank God for his mercies
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by luckyz4rea(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
He may be right on one hand. On the other, not all dating is dirty!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by deltateam: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I do not think dating is wrong, people change the meaning of different things to what fits them or take societal option. I see dating as getting information about the other person in a gradual process. I have never dated but, I feel it concerns the mindset or objectives of the party involved, which leads to other things considered dirty or inappropriate.

Dating is often confused with sex. You can actually date without being intimate but how many guys will agree to it.

That doesn't make it impossible. Set boundaries.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Stephenmoka4(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2020
deltateam:

Dating is often confused with sex. You can actually date without being intimate but how many guys will agree to it.

That doesn't make it impossible. Set boundaries.

True, very much agree. Less guys are likely to date without deep intimacy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Kobojunkie: 12:55am On Aug 11, 2020
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.

4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.

5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.

6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
What peter said is indeed what we see happening here and now. Because of the AntiChrists also called MOGs, the world does not view Jesus Christ in a good light at all. You simply mention that you believe in the God of the Bible, and almost immediately you see the detest in their looks... nothing to do with persecution at all. No, they have become wary of those who claim to be Christians. The world is tired of the lies and deceit of MOGs - the hypocrisy that is claimed and justified in the name of God.

These MOGs are the Antichrists as they have set themselves up as Masters over Jesus Christ's flock, pretending to be Teachers in His place.

Their doctrines and traditions are twisted representations of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and in many cases many are deceived and led away from the Truth of Jesus Christ as a result.

They sit themselves in the place of God in the minds of His own sheep and they steal, kill and destroy, for their own pleasure and kingdoms, that which God has planned for those who are His. And they do all of this in the name of God.
MOGs are the false prophets that Jesus Christ warned His followers to beware of. These are the antichrists that the apostles spoke of even during their days.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2020
Well he is right in the sense, in our present days it will be hard to fine a relationship call dating not indulging in any funny play (kissing, caressing, and finally pre marital sex). And from a biblical views those things makes us dirty if we get our self involved in it. So I affairm to his qoute just that to me dating is a little thing I can run from but God will help me grin I need a girl tocall Bea grin lol but I can deviate from dating completely
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by fairheart(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2020
Zzor:
hi mr
How are you?
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2020
Well it depends on what you meant by dating, because two persons can't get along throughout their lifetime without first getting to know each other, and there's no way they can get to know each other apart from dating! smiley
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 11, 2020
fairheart:
How are you?
im fine sir,i believe you are fine too
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by 1234IKECHhukwu: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2020
whytediamond:
Not possible in our generation. It will be a monumental disaster to just see a girl and wife her. I don't want to talk much
M' telling u.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by brightnonso: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6391004_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

wrong!
Bible says:
1) God is true/right every other person is not!
2) no one is right except in God's standards
3) nobody is better than each other except for the grace of God.
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Arrowss(m): 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
DAVE5:

This generation has turned dating to sex tour, nowadays all in the name of court and finding the right one, girls don turn sex slaves, one guy on this same nairaland posted his wife to be baby bump as pre-wedding photos, his claims were if the girl doesn't carry belle he can't wife her, I understand it's probably to see if she hasn't destroyed hey womb, but if at all her womb had been scattered from excess abortion, shei no be the guy fellow guys give her belle?

On front page this weekend one guy posted that his padi had lost interest in a girl his friend wanted to marry that is now pregnant for his said friend and the girl was good to him when he was down, who would now carry the pregnant lady on her head,

u go marry after-one?

Somebody said Bible said 2 cannot work unless they agree, my understanding of that statement is if you guys refuse to work, you can not work whether you court for 20 years or not

Let me not drift, in most cases dating/courting leads to sex which leads to pregnancy

I no be saint ohh..

My own matter heavy, I can't cast myself here but e hot, thank God for his mercies
Dating is like a knife, what you use it for is what matters, some could use a knife to kill, some could simply use it to cook. The longetivity of one's dating doesn't mean mean the marriage will b a success nor a failure, also, if som1 meets someone today and marry her or say follow the ancestral way doesn't mean the marriage will fail nor be a success. If a car crushes someone this second and one of the onlooker is seeing that and his house is still thousands of miles away, yet he wdnt treck home for fear of accident, so, one cannot say he or she wd not date again, to avoid what? Sexually immoralities? Is that all? Is dating only where one can find sexual immoralities? How about in marriage who doesn't even have a gf can commit sexual immoralities through lusts, remember what Jesus said. So God help us bro
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by DAVE5(m): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
Arrowss:

Dating is like a knife, what you use it for is what matters, some could use a knife to kill, some could simply use it to cook. The longetivity of one's dating doesn't mean mean the marriage will b a success nor a failure, also, if som1 meets someone today and marry her or say follow the ancestral way doesn't mean the marriage will fail nor be a success. If a car crushes someone this second and one of the onlooker is seeing that and his house is still thousands of miles away, yet he wdnt treck home for fear of accident, so, one cannot say he or she wd not date again, to avoid what? Sexually immoralities? Is that all? Is dating only where one can find sexual immoralities? How about in marriage who doesn't even have a gf can commit sexual immoralities through lusts, remember what Jesus said. So God help us bro

You have spoken well

1 Like

Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nickymcdappa: 1:43am On Aug 10, 2023
The truth is always bitter just accept the fact that dating before marriage is wrong😁😁😁
Re: Pastor Obie Jason: Christians Dating Is Wrong, You Date And Get Dirty by Nickymcdappa: 1:46am On Aug 10, 2023
Well I don't remember the bible saying whoever finds a girlfriend finds a good thing cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Story Of Noah's Ark Is The Most Unbelievable Biblical Story Ever Told / House On The Rock Church In Abuja Is On Fire (Photos) / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.