Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,892 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? (3851 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I Broke Up With My Double Dating Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Smelled Of Condom Down There And I Broke Up With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
I'm sorry for the lengthy post. But please make time to read

OK fellas, I've actually been in a state of limbo since yesterday because I broke up with my girlfriend and I still miss her terribly.

I'll just explain a few things so you guys understand my plight.

She and I have been dating for three years now. Believe me, she's a lovely and meek soul. Drop dead beautiful. But then, beauty is only for the eyes. The intrinsic attributes that make a happy happy must be present....

We started dating when I was in school. She was in level 200. Now she's in her final year and I've graduated. It's a relationship I hope to nurture into forever. Ever since I graduated, it's been hard landing a job despite making a 2.1. My only saving grace was my discipline to erect a two bedroom flat, and 2 self contain apartments. I use the proceed to keep life going while trying to grow greener pastures.

When I graduated in 2018, I was to move out of my location which was close to the school, but my girlfriend whom at the time stayed in the hostel came to you pleading she wanted to stay a while with me as the matrons sent her out of the hostel. I'm strongly against cohabiting. Told her to find a hostel space and I'll pay, she said there's none. Also told her to look for a friend to stay with, I'll foot the bills. She also couldn't find one. Couldn't throw her out, had to take her in pending when she'd get a place. It's been months and nothing. At one point, armed robbers stormed my compound and make away with my TV, laptop, and other valuable. I could only escape with my phone and hers.

While staying together, I foot the bills. I do a little forex thing too. I changed her phone even when I knew her parents had already given her money for a new one. It was birthday gift to her. I go all out for her. I promised to get her another phone this August to mark this years birthday cos she said she wanted an IPhone. She's been good to me.

But here is the problem. My girlfriend never changes a bad attitude. For three years I've been complaining. She prefers to come online and ignore my messages while doing her thing. I'm the last person she comes to. Even when she does, it difficult to keep a conversation for 10mins without bn distracted. Schools are on break, she's back home. She never texts, hardly calls. Calls when she sees my messages. Hardly keeps a convo and has made a habit of lying to her. I'm not the strict kinda guy, I allow you some latitude to live your life but I think my girlfriend has learnt to take me for granted because she knows I love her so much and wouldn't risk our relationship falling apart.

Few days ago, I came back from calabar where I had attended a job interview. I'm prepping for another in Abuja this month end. I'm completely depleted financially. I hate asking her for money. But I had to bury my ego and do so, told her my gas had finished. Babe said she doesn't have money. But I knew she had more than 20k on her. I just needed 3k. I left her. The next day I called and told her I had issues and I needed 2500 to sort it. Told her it was borrow so I'd return it. Her attitude was cold but she sent it.

I haven't used the money. I had no need for it again. But I was pained. Badly pained. I forgot to add whenever I borrow money from her, I pay double the amount. She's been giving me attitude, and now she can't support unless I'm paying back. I got fed up with the whole thing. Called her and told her I need a break. She's been callin endlessly. Had to call her, gave her all my reasons and called it quit.

She's been callin endlessly. Apologizing for lying and all. She said she'd change but I know she won't. She thinks I love her so much to let her go. She's 23 and I'm 29...

I won't cast aspersion on her by typing all her wrongs her. But truth is, I miss her badly. I gave in so much and I feel I'm getting so little. How can I be begging my partner for attention. When girls dey beg for my own. Even her friend.

But mehn, I miss her, I don't know how to start over. I don even forget how to toast babe. Should I give her another chance?

Please guys, advise me...... I need it..

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe

4 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Kylekent59: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
You have turned to a beggar. Woman give guy money ..lol for where....

Just dump her and focus on yourself.

I wonder how a lady would marry a guy asking her for money.

The day onyi22 go give her boy friend 2O naira, then believe Nigeria go better one day

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by charsemary(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
FTC...
Guy, relationship is a two way thing. That being said, let her show she's ready to change then watch for some time and make your decision.
Adios!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
Who will summarize smiley
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by haiti007(m): 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Your reason/reasons for quiting the relationship is not valid enough. She may have her plans for the money too. She is a finalist and that alone requires huge sums to round things up.

As a real man, you don't depend on a woman's fund. It shatters your dignity

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Ebuka78: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
leave her and repair yourself. Remember that song " reason with me"

Forget gf for now, hammar money, then na dem go dey rush you. You then pick your choice.
you no see as Erica dey chase kiddwaya.

5 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Abso1uteZero(m): 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2020
Never get too serious with any woman that cannot support you!

You head told you to break up for a reason. Through your pain, you gained clarity from emotionally tinted love glasses.

If you mess up, you go bear the consequences.

13 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2020
Relax jhor, na your girl?

Kylekent59:
You have turned to a beggar. Woman give guy money ..lol for where....

Just dump her and focus on yourself.

I wonder how a lady would marry a guy asking her for money.

The day onyi22 go give her boy friend 2O naira, then believe Nigeria go better one day

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
As much as I appreciate this comment, what are you trying to say? A girl that I foot her bills for over two years now? Her parents send her money but I still foot her bills. Did I mention the reason she came to me was cos she used her rent to buy human hair? What's 2500 compared to the things I do? I should feel comfortable my girl only prefers to borrow me money than give it willingly?

Let's be guided jhor

haiti007:
Your reason/reasons for quiting the relationship is not valid enough. She may have her plans for the money too. She is a finalist and that alone requires huge sums to round things up.

As a real man, you don't depend on a woman's fund. It shatters your dignity

12 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 11:41pm On Aug 10, 2020
Guy I no dey suffer oh... I'm comfortable as a bachelor

cry
Ebuka78:
leave her and repair yourself. Remember that song " reason with me"

Forget gf for now, hammar money, then na dem go dey rush you. You then pick your choice.
you no see as Erica dey chase kiddwaya.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by ojun50(m): 12:03am On Aug 11, 2020
Guy all Nigeria women get one issue or the other, the next girl dat will come ur way you don't how worst she might be(she might even be the cheating type).

The issue of money girls are just wicked when it come to helping with there money but can help a guy finis h his even when dey are sure that is his last kobo.
The best way to collect money easy from Nigeria girls is through borrowing.

Give her another chance but don't put ur head in basket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by AfroKnight: 12:07am On Aug 11, 2020
Sorry, but she needs insult. grin

On a serious note, she is under 25. I don’t know what you expect from babes at such an age. Her set no dey too get sense like that. Only a few do. No offence. She is the hottest girl she knows. She is the centre of the world. She’s santorini material. She is not ready to lulled by one old serious dude who now borrows money from her and always talks about serious things like family and commitment.

What can I tell you?

Bro, if you think she will change, you may be setting yourself up. Some guys call what she’s going through the “hœ phase”. It’s the period when she frustrates serious men in her life. If you were living a fast, spontaneous, crazy life, you’d enjoy her. If you want a mature wife in her, you’d be frustrated.

Can you wait for her to grow?

The ball is in your court.

15 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
But mehn, I miss her, I don't know how to start over. I don even forget how to toast babe. Should I give her another chance?
Selfish partners are bone in the throat. I will advise you take heart & move on.

@the bolded,, kindly remove this from your worries. Things would fall in place themselves. Just work towards attaining financial stability first.

7 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by anthonyuncle(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2020
I'm currently in a similar situation.

it is really difficult to make a decision and da most difficult fact about it is that, the decision must be made asap.

I'll advice u observe her well to know if she's really ready to change.

u may term her bad, but da next one might be worse.

u may call her good, but da next one might be better.

u see, it's a very difficult situation

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by michlins(m): 1:50am On Aug 11, 2020
Bros eya but what are the odds that a 23 years old girl go get brain to take a relationship serious when her phone is ringing non-stop and her admirers long pass phone number.

It's her normal stage in life and she can't help but behave that way. Unless you are willing to stick with her attitude and she's willing to work on her attitude, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Funkyswagzz(m): 2:35am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:

OK fellas, I've actually been in a state of limbo since yesterday because I broke up with my girlfriend and I still miss her terribly.

She and I have been dating for three years now. Believe me, she's a lovely and meek soul. Drop dead beautiful. But then, beauty is only for the eyes. The intrinsic attributes that make a happy happy must be present....

We started dating when I was in school. She was in level 200. Now she's in her final year and I've graduated. It's a relationship I hope to nurture into forever. Ever since I graduated, it's been hard landing a job despite making a 2.1. My only saving grace was my discipline to erect a two bedroom flat, and 2 self contain apartments. I use the proceed to keep life going while trying to grow greener pastures.

When I graduated in 2018, I was to move out of my location which was close to the school, but my girlfriend whom at the time stayed in the hostel came to you pleading she wanted to stay a while with me as the matrons sent her out of the hostel. I'm strongly against cohabiting. Told her to find a hostel space and I'll pay, she said there's none. Also told her to look for a friend to stay with, I'll foot the bills. She also couldn't find one. Couldn't throw her out, had to take her in pending when she'd get a place. It's been months and nothing. At one point, armed robbers stormed my compound and make away with my TV, laptop, and other valuable. I could only escape with my phone and hers.

While staying together, I foot the bills. I do a little forex thing too. I changed her phone even when I knew her parents had already given her money for a new one. It was birthday gift to her. I go all out for her. I promised to get her another phone this August to mark this years birthday cos she said she wanted an IPhone. She's been good to me.

But here is the problem. My girlfriend never changes a bad attitude. For three years I've been complaining. She prefers to come online and ignore my messages while doing her thing. I'm the last person she comes to. Even when she does, it difficult to keep a conversation for 10mins without bn distracted. Schools are on break, she's back home. She never texts, hardly calls. Calls when she sees my messages. Hardly keeps a convo and has made a habit of lying to her. I'm not the strict kinda guy, I allow you some latitude to live your life but I think my girlfriend has learnt to take me for granted because she knows I love her so much and wouldn't risk our relationship falling apart.

Few days ago, I came back from calabar where I had attended a job interview. I'm prepping for another in Abuja this month end. I'm completely depleted financially. I hate asking her for money. But I had to bury my ego and do so, told her my gas had finished. Babe said she doesn't have money. But I knew she had more than 20k on her. I just needed 3k. I left her. The next day I called and told her I had issues and I needed 2500 to sort it. Told her it was borrow so I'd return it. Her attitude was cold but she sent it.

I haven't used the money. I had no need for it again. But I was pained. Badly pained. I forgot to add whenever I borrow money from her, I pay double the amount. She's been giving me attitude, and now she can't support unless I'm paying back. I got fed up with the whole thing. Called her and told her I need a break. She's been callin endlessly. Had to call her, gave her all my reasons and called it quit.

She's been callin endlessly. Apologizing for lying and all. She said she'd change but I know she won't. She thinks I love her so much to let her go. She's 23 and I'm 29...

I won't cast aspersion on her by typing all her wrongs her. But truth is, I miss her badly. I gave in so much and I feel I'm getting so little. How can I be begging my partner for attention. When girls dey beg for my own. Even her friend.

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe

Bro I have had such experience buh mine was worse. I was cheated on, lied to and used like a fool all because of love. I dont even know what attracted me to her. I've never in my life done half of sacrifices I made for that girl. When I want to break up with her she start begging me. She will involve friends to beg me as well. Once I forgive her she will repeat those things she did before. My friends told me to leave her buh I refused. I completely lost my true character and everything about me changed. I sat down one day and started thinking of my future with her. I made up my mind to break up with her and thank God I made the right decision. 3 months I broke up with her she went into street runs. Your babe still want enjoy her youth buh she won't leave u cause she knows u truly love her.

Just ask yourself if you are truly yourself. Compare when uve not met her and now u guys are together.. see the difference. U have to make a decision on what's best for u bro. A word is enough for the wise

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by haiti007(m): 5:28am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
As much as I appreciate this comment, what are you trying to say? A girl that I foot her bills for over two years now? Her parents send her money but I still foot her bills. Did I mention the reason she came to me was cos she used her rent to buy human hair? What's 2500 compared to the things I do? I should feel comfortable my girl only prefers to borrow me money than give it willingly?

Let's be guided jhor

Chairman calm down, I've been there.
Even if you buy her a Bugatti, and when in dire need you ask her to lend just a thousand naira. To you it is just a thousand naira, but to them it isn't.

That's why I extend my benevolence to my gees also, those ones are always there in hard times

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by NobleDeSage001: 6:44am On Aug 11, 2020
If you ever beg a lady for attention when you have not married her, just know that you will forever beg her for attention in your marriage.

It is very clear that she places you at the bottom of the list of men who satisfy her needs. Don't be surprised that you are not the only guy who is dating her.

A woman who loves you will always show it. It's not difficult to know this fact. Do you think that she loves you? I doubt.

There is no love from her end...
Lack of commitment...
Respect is zero...
She does not reciprocate any of the gestures she receives from you.
Her attitude is not changing anytime soon.

Move on and never look back.

4 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:

I will be very honest and direct with you, as a Man you cannot afford to be emotional, what you want matters, anything you don't like and can't handle better voice everything out, because woman are manipulative by nature it just depends on whether they like you alot not to. and If it's not working for you move on. I think being too emotional about it, will make you settle for anything. You are a man nau, say your mind. If my babe doesn't help me with cash I will find it strange because we are free with cash with each other. That's a selfish relationship my brother. Speak up

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2020
You're right bro. I changed so much for this girl. Although I still carry my gees along but baba I changed for her. I'll stick to the decision. When she's ready to grow up, let her do so

Funkyswagzz:

Bro I have had such experience buh mine was worse. I was cheated on, lied to and used like a fool all because of love. I dont even know what attracted me to her. I've never in my life done half of sacrifices I made for that girl. When I want to break up with her she start begging me. She will involve friends to beg me as well. Once I forgive her she will repeat those things she did before. My friends told me to leave her buh I refused. I completely lost my true character and everything about me changed. I sat down one day and started thinking of my future with her. I made up my mind to break up with her and thank God I made the right decision. 3 months I broke up with her she went into street runs. Your babe still want enjoy her youth buh she won't leave u cause she knows u truly love her.

Just ask yourself if you are truly yourself. Compare when uve not met her and now u guys are together.. see the difference. U have to make a decision on what's best for u bro. A word is enough for the wise
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2020
Thanks bro, I don talk I don tire. Everyday same thing happening. I'm not so much about the cash but the attitude sef.... Me go find me a girlfriend way go vibe my energy

cry
pcguru1:

I will be very honest and direct with you, as a Man you cannot afford to be emotional, what you want matters, anything you don't like and can't handle better voice everything out, because woman are manipulative by nature it just depends on whether they like you alot not to. and If it's not working for you move on. I think being too emotional about it, will make you settle for anything. You are a man nau, say your mind. If my babe doesn't help me with cash I will find it strange because we are free with cash with each other. That's a selfish relationship my brother. Speak up

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 7:17am On Aug 11, 2020
It's really hard when you love this girls oh. Especially those ones way feel say time plenty. Omoh, I don see something. Emotional inconsistency na terrible something

Funkyswagzz:

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2020
My mind is made up.... Can't type it all here. Byt let her go...

anthonyuncle:

it is really difficult to make a decision and da most difficult fact about it is that, the decision must be made asap.

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
Thanks bro, I don talk I don tire. Everyday same thing happening. I'm not so much about the cash but the attitude sef.... Me go find me a girlfriend way go vibe my energy

cry

No wahala all the best bro stay safe
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by goodnessme1(f): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2020
Our money is strictly for usgrin
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Infact you've said it as it is , every man has to do that in his life dealing with women.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:33am On Aug 11, 2020
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

You are dating a confused self-centered kid of 23..
It would end in Premium larger tears for you when she dumps you by herself ..
Na she go dump you next and her dumping won't be like yours.. Once she does.. It is game over..
You all should keep investing in girlfriends..
Well one time chronic SIMPs do become diehard Alphas..
Enjoy Simping..

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 11, 2020
goodnessme1:
Our money is strictly for usgrin

African Kings deserve love too grin
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Jack005(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2020
anthonyuncle:

I see that you don't want to learn, you are just too emotional and it will lead you astray if you don't man up and tell yourself that you can do without anyone who makes you feel less appreciated. It's either you take the bull by the horn or you keep giving yourself hope whilst hoping she changes, which may never be.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by chinchonglee(m): 8:08am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:

Bro wassup

I was once in ur shoes and i forgave her and we started all over.
Trust me bro it became worse(if not worst). I learnt something in woman's behaviour. If they dnt like you dere is ntn u can do abt it. Maybe she is only still trying to keep u close to foot some of her bills. One thing is certain if a woman loves you, she must call u or wants to speak with u daily.

Give up that girl as she is already cheating.

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Fisher007: 8:15am On Aug 11, 2020
Lol you need to learn.

I can see someone trying to advice you above and you are defending her. My brother you are not ready for the truth.

I will allow you to wallow more in your delusional state until reality teaches you a lesson like it did to most men before we learnt too.

Keep focusing on the wrong thing.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by femi4: 8:26am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:

You want to continue to be her Maga, continue. A simp will always be a simp, they always claimed they are in love and use less of their brain

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Men Only! Is This True?? / Check Out This Beautiful Brazilian Hawker(photos) / Your First Time Visiting Your Girl: What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.