Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? (3893 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I Broke Up With My Double Dating Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Smelled Of Condom Down There And I Broke Up With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by infogenius(m): 8:28am On Aug 11, 2020
Op
Ur ex is just 23 and from ur account it tells me she is not experienced.

Quitting the relationship on the grounds u outlined is not wise.
She has apologized, Kindly forgive her and take her back.

Try as much as possible to grow her into the kind of woman that you want. Even if u didn't end up marrying her, she would not forget ur impact in modelling in her future relationship.

I pray that God blesses the works of ur hands. No sane woman is comfortable when her man is struggling.

Life is not a bed of roses, so also even good relationships, so don't expect yours to be rosy. Your job is to work it out with her to get the best out of the relationship in the midst of complications.

Call her now and apologise to her for ending the relationship and take her back immediately.

All the best Bro

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by AussiePlayboy(f): 8:35am On Aug 11, 2020
haiti007:
Your reason/reasons for quiting the relationship is not valid enough. She may have her plans for the money too. She is a finalist and that alone requires huge sums to round things up.

As a real man, you don't depend on a woman's fund. It shatters your dignity
Your self worth is so non-existent, that you have to tie it to money. It's people like you beg girls to date you and then get scared she will leave you if you don't "pay her subscription" Smh.

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Makanaki127: 8:37am On Aug 11, 2020
Shanklee:
Who will summarize smiley
He say he baby no day give am attension and he love the baby die but he tell her say he no want again but d baby day disturb am,and he no no waytin to do again

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Makanaki127: 8:40am On Aug 11, 2020
Bro forget her go hustle and make money,she get many toasters wen she day follow chat online na make her no day reason u,i see u ending in premium tears,gals are very wise she knows wat she is doing

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Makanaki127: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2020
No take any gal serious so dat dey no go see u finish and see u like dodo,just lockup her make u go find money
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:58am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
It's really hard when you love this girls oh. Especially those ones way feel say time plenty. Omoh, I don see something. Emotional inconsistency na terrible something

Yah it is very terrible.. is it not peace of mind we want instead of trouble. I tut my babe will change and 3yrs went bye without seeing anything significant. The kind of pain I went thru breaking up with her was terrible buh I had to do it for my own good. It's left for u bro. We meet ppl like this once in a life time and we learn from it.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2020
infogenius:
Op
Ur ex is just 23 and from ur account it tells me she is not experienced.

Quitting the relationship on the grounds u outlined is not wise.
She has apologized, Kindly forgive her and take her back.

Try as much as possible to grow her into the kind of woman that you want. Even if u didn't end up marrying her, she would not forget ur impact in modelling in her future relationship.

I pray that God blesses the works of ur hands. No sane woman is comfortable when her man is struggling.

Life is not a bed of roses, so also even good relationships, so don't expect yours to be rosy. Your job is to work it out with her to get the best out of the relationship in the midst of complications.

Call her now and apologise to her for ending the relationship and take her back immediately.

All the best Bro

Lol I can see uve never had such experience before
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
I'm sorry for the lengthy post. But please make time to read

OK fellas, I've actually been in a state of limbo since yesterday because I broke up with my girlfriend and I still miss her terribly.

I'll just explain a few things so you guys understand my plight.

She and I have been dating for three years now. Believe me, she's a lovely and meek soul. Drop dead beautiful. But then, beauty is only for the eyes. The intrinsic attributes that make a happy happy must be present....

We started dating when I was in school. She was in level 200. Now she's in her final year and I've graduated. It's a relationship I hope to nurture into forever. Ever since I graduated, it's been hard landing a job despite making a 2.1. My only saving grace was my discipline to erect a two bedroom flat, and 2 self contain apartments. I use the proceed to keep life going while trying to grow greener pastures.

When I graduated in 2018, I was to move out of my location which was close to the school, but my girlfriend whom at the time stayed in the hostel came to you pleading she wanted to stay a while with me as the matrons sent her out of the hostel. I'm strongly against cohabiting. Told her to find a hostel space and I'll pay, she said there's none. Also told her to look for a friend to stay with, I'll foot the bills. She also couldn't find one. Couldn't throw her out, had to take her in pending when she'd get a place. It's been months and nothing. At one point, armed robbers stormed my compound and make away with my TV, laptop, and other valuable. I could only escape with my phone and hers.

While staying together, I foot the bills. I do a little forex thing too. I changed her phone even when I knew her parents had already given her money for a new one. It was birthday gift to her. I go all out for her. I promised to get her another phone this August to mark this years birthday cos she said she wanted an IPhone. She's been good to me.

But here is the problem. My girlfriend never changes a bad attitude. For three years I've been complaining. She prefers to come online and ignore my messages while doing her thing. I'm the last person she comes to. Even when she does, it difficult to keep a conversation for 10mins without bn distracted. Schools are on break, she's back home. She never texts, hardly calls. Calls when she sees my messages. Hardly keeps a convo and has made a habit of lying to her. I'm not the strict kinda guy, I allow you some latitude to live your life but I think my girlfriend has learnt to take me for granted because she knows I love her so much and wouldn't risk our relationship falling apart.

Few days ago, I came back from calabar where I had attended a job interview. I'm prepping for another in Abuja this month end. I'm completely depleted financially. I hate asking her for money. But I had to bury my ego and do so, told her my gas had finished. Babe said she doesn't have money. But I knew she had more than 20k on her. I just needed 3k. I left her. The next day I called and told her I had issues and I needed 2500 to sort it. Told her it was borrow so I'd return it. Her attitude was cold but she sent it.

I haven't used the money. I had no need for it again. But I was pained. Badly pained. I forgot to add whenever I borrow money from her, I pay double the amount. She's been giving me attitude, and now she can't support unless I'm paying back. I got fed up with the whole thing. Called her and told her I need a break. She's been callin endlessly. Had to call her, gave her all my reasons and called it quit.

She's been callin endlessly. Apologizing for lying and all. She said she'd change but I know she won't. She thinks I love her so much to let her go. She's 23 and I'm 29...

I won't cast aspersion on her by typing all her wrongs her. But truth is, I miss her badly. I gave in so much and I feel I'm getting so little. How can I be begging my partner for attention. When girls dey beg for my own. Even her friend.

But mehn, I miss her, I don't know how to start over. I don even forget how to toast babe. Should I give her another chance?

Please guys, advise me...... I need it..

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe

Bro you are a real man and I must commend you for taking care of her eve when the resources are scarce....Funny enough , we both date the same kind of girl...when my girl didn't have a phone we would talk everyday ...no day goes without her calling me...baba this girl would go as far as borrowing 500 from Airtel just to call me....I do call her too ....but when I got her a phone upon say I no get money she hardly chats me online not because she doesn't want to but just because it's either she's watching videos on FB or YouTube ... initially I was angry until when she came to see me at EBONYI state where I was serving ...and I noticed that's what she does most of the times she's online ...she hardly chats na just videos she dey watch...so at that point I didn't get angry again cos na this same baba dey call me like craze when she been no get browsing phone.....now to the second part , we attended the same university I met her when she just entered 200L I had nothing then I was dead broke and I was squatting with a friend .

This my babe would always cook food and call me to come and eat...when ever I wanted her around , she would send money to my account in advance make that guy wey I dey squat with no know say na she dey pay the bills ...like there was a day she was to come spend like 3 days with me she sent 3K in advance so we go use take care of things when she's with me till she goes back...now the day came when she was to go back to her lodge , what was remaining was #800 I gave her #500 tell am say make she hold am make I hold #300 omo she no gree collect . She said I needed the money more I said no saying she's a lady and needs it more...she said I'm broke and I need money that she'll soon go back home while I'm still here...omo naso we begin drag am until I got pissed off and she collected the money and the next thing I saw was tears on her cheeks and she hugged me and said " BABE YOU NEVER SEIZE TO SURPRISE ME "

Now I went for service with 7K and sometime been happen and I needed money badly I was a bit ashamed to ask her cos I know say she no get so instead of calling I sent her a text...after like 3mins I just summoned courage to call her when she picked the 1st thing she said was "BAE HAVE YOU GOTTEN THE ALERT?"

So far so good she's been supportive and the good thing is she appreciates the little things I do for her and she doesn't relent in doing things for me.She sees doing things for me as her LEGITIMATE RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY AS A GIRLFRIEND...

NOW BRO SHES 23 AND YOU'RE 29 you don't expect her to think the same way you think you will always be more matured than her....BUT THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT NATURALLY YOUR GIRL SEEMS TO BE SELF CENTERED AND STINGY....bro you have been doing your part as a man in the relationship and you are not asking for too much for her to just be supportive!!! BRO MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO LEAVE HER AND FORGE AHEAD!!! YES ITS PAINFUL COS LEAVING A SAFE SPOT YOU'VE BEEN USED TO FOR 3YRS bro I have a friend that dated a girl for 8Yrs this guy was suffering in the relationship for good 8yrs he was footing the bills and this his girl will never give him money until he's gonna pay back she doesn't see him if he wouldn't pay transport this same guy don pay this girl school fees like 2 times when we dey School....but if things hard for the guy the babe go dey para for am dey talk say na him be man say make in look for way fix him self ....until the guy couldn't take it anymore.

The girl had even broken up with him on 3 occasions Asin the girl was taking his meek nature for granted until he had had enough and a time came they had a little misunderstanding and she did her normal stuff by breaking up with him and my guy said that's it and he's not going back ...my guy got another girl and withing 4 months proposed to the girl now they are married ...I swear that's the best Payback ever!!!

Bro this your girl can't even help you at the time of NEED Guy RUN!!!!!!! BEFORE YOU MAKE THE GREATEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE BY MARRYING HER!!! THIS TYPE OF GIRL WOULD BE WORKING AND BE KEEPING HER MONEY AND WOULD WARRANT YOU TO OAY HER SHOP BILLS MORE LIKE YOUR MONEY IS YOU PEOPLE'S MONEY AND ITS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE CARE OF HER COS ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND HER OWN MONEY IS TOTALLY FOR HER!!! NIGGER WITH TIME YOIR PAIN WOULD GO AWAY!!! TRUST ME I'VE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES AND I'M ENJOYING MY BABE COS SHE BE JOY GIVER

BRO ABEG I GO LIKE MAKE WE TALO FOR PHONE

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Yah it is very terrible.. is it not peace of mind we want instead of trouble. I tut my babe will change and 3yrs went bye without seeing anything significant. The kind of pain I went thru breaking up with her was terrible buh I had to do it for my own good. It's left for u bro. We meet ppl like this once in a life time and we learn from it.

I swear you be real man!!

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

No mind am!! When bad girls show am pepper in go know...bro nothing pass peace of mind o
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:23am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
My mind is made up.... Can't type it all here. Byt let her go...

Don't you understand that this guy had gone Tru a lot He isn't asking for too much to be happy!!! See let me tell you the truth is yes!! The next girl he gets might be worse but he should never stop searching until he finds the lady that sees supporting her man as her LEGITIMATE RESPONSIBILITY ...GOOD GIRLS FULL NIGERIA ABEG ......make person no go due for Hypertension

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by SweetCuntess: 9:26am On Aug 11, 2020
Kylekent59:
You have turned to a beggar. Woman give guy money ..lol for where....

Just dump her and focus on yourself.

I wonder how a lady would marry a guy asking her for money.

The day onyi22 go give her boy friend 2O naira, then believe Nigeria go better one day
If all the op typed is true, then I see no reason why she cannot assist him in his down time. Being a woman does not equal being selfish or self centered. @Op you've already seen d red flag. Just know Oyo is your case when married to her and you get broke.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
It's really hard when you love this girls oh. Especially those ones way feel say time plenty. Omoh, I don see something. Emotional inconsistency na terrible something

Na man you you be abeg!!
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by luminouz(m): 9:27am On Aug 11, 2020
I have one piece of advice.

LIES

LIESSSSS

LIEEEEESSSSSS

EVERYWHERE.

I hope you like my advice undecided
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by haiti007(m): 9:32am On Aug 11, 2020
AussiePlayboy:

Your self worth is so non-existent, that you have to tie it to money. It's people like you beg girls to date you and then get scared she will leave you if you don't "pay her subscription" Smh.

I think you need to read my post again before commenting on it. I didn't mention anything about dragging my dignity into the mud at the mercy of a girl for financial support.

Perhaps, you were referring to the op
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by infogenius(m): 9:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

What experience? U never see anything sef. U want make I tell u a short story?

The only difference between u and was that during my dating days, no girl could hold me to. limbo.

Guy, I gave u my honest opinion based on what u posted and I tried to relate with it.

The problem with guys now is that they expect so much from their girlfriends, they literally want their girls to worship them. Na na na.

Even girls for village don wise up except na local fulani girl u fit get 100% loyalty from.

She's not an angel and if she's not measuring up to what u want in a girl friend, forget her and move on.
There's really no need to ask for advice instead look for an Angel to date

But if you love her make the relationship work by giving her another chance.

After all there are several married people that they hardly say I love you to each other or kiss averagely once a year but have lived together for several years.

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2020
lordally:

No mind am!! When bad girls show am pepper in go know...bro nothing pass peace of mind o

Nothing like peace of mind. It's over a yr now and I feel so much beta
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
As much as I appreciate this comment, what are you trying to say? A girl that I foot her bills for over two years now? Her parents send her money but I still foot her bills. Did I mention the reason she came to me was cos she used her rent to buy human hair? What's 2500 compared to the things I do? I should feel comfortable my girl only prefers to borrow me money than give it willingly?

Let's be guided jhor

She use her rent buy Hair and you no discipline am instead you accept am Guy I suppose nack you better blow for ya eyes!!! Omo if na me my woman knows better ...na for under bridge she go go!!! Love alone isn't enough to sustain a relationship abeg...common sense plays a crucial role!!!

Bro you be real man by breaking up with her abeg

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 9:49am On Aug 11, 2020
SweetCuntess:
If all the op typed is true, then I see no reason why she cannot assist him in his down time. Being a woman does not equal being selfish or self centered. @Op you've already seen d red flag. Just know Oyo is your case when married to her and you get broke.

I swear if you be woman ...any man wey go marry you will Blossom

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by DrayZee: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2020
Your girl used her house rent to buy hair. And you thought you were with someone reasonable?
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2020
infogenius:

What experience? U never see anything sef. U want make I tell u a short story?

The only difference between u and was that during my dating days, no girl could hold me to. limbo.

Guy, I gave u my honest opinion based on what u posted and I tried to relate with it.

The problem with guys now is that they expect so much from their girlfriends, they literally want their girls to worship them. Na na na.

Even girls for village don wise up except na local fulani girl u fit get 100% loyalty from.

She's not an angel and if she's not measuring up to what u want in a girl friend, forget her and move on.
There's really no need to ask for advice instead look for an Angel to date

But if you love her make the relationship work by giving her another chance.

After all there are several married people that they hardly say I love you to each other or kiss averagely once a year but have lived together for several years.

Dude am not the op oo
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by infogenius(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Dude am not the op oo

I am sorry about the mix up . Kindly bear with me
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Meteng: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2020
It's in her character, if you believe she'll change, then you're in on a long thing. My advice? Break up now or you will after marriage, I know you're in love, but you won't die after breaking up. Nothing is comparable to peace of mind, even if you don't have money, believe me, I've passed through this route. And yes, ....she's not your girlfriend, she's using you

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Fidelismaria: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2020

just let her go bro

She doesn't deserve you

you're too good for her

it's not you, it's her

Focus on you

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
Guy I no dey suffer oh... I'm comfortable as a bachelor

cry

The simple truth is that in all the 3 years u have condoned her excesses.. now what makes u believe she can change her ways genuinely now If u can continue managing her errors as a manager that's fine but if u can't and know u deserve better.. my guy move ahead and don't look back.

SHE WILL NOT CHANGE

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2020
I knew your type will flood soon. Commenting without reading. If you had followed the comments, perhaps you'd have grasped how far it's gone. It's guys like who claim Alpha positions that know nothing about being a man. Just dead rocks in the head.

femi4:
You want to continue to be her Maga, continue. A simp will always be a simp, they always claimed they are in love and use less of their brain
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2020
True bro, I love her no doubt and I miss her. But then, can't keep condoning trash when I still pay the bills...

dairykidd:

The simple truth is that in all the 3 years u have condoned her excesses.. now what makes u believe she can change her ways genuinely now If u can continue managing her errors as a manager that's fine but if u can't and know u deserve better.. my guy move ahead and don't look back.

SHE WILL NOT CHANGE
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Any girl who can't get her head together doesn't deserve a good man. Forget all those their nonsense talk. I was a damn playboy till I met her, decided to settle and now this.... Make she go find herself

Fidelismaria:

just let her go bro

She doesn't deserve you

you're too good for her

it's not you, it's her

Focus on you

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Daniwak: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2020
haiti007:
Your reason/reasons for quiting the relationship is not valid enough. She may have her plans for the money too. She is a finalist and that alone requires huge sums to round things up.

As a real man, you don't depend on a woman's fund. It shatters your dignity
did he tell u he's dependent on his woman's fund?
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
True bro, I love her no doubt and I miss her. But then, can't keep condoning trash when I still pay the bills...

Exactly.. u get someone better and its normal to miss her but it will be okay with time. Use ur time well bro. No idling away
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2020
Daniwak:
did he tell u he's dependent on his woman's fund?
Some people no sabi read. No blame am too much

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What My Hilarious Cousin Said (photo Attached) / Why Are Guys Posting "She Was Nice" / Settling Down with present Nigerian ladies - Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.