Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? (3898 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Because I Want To Cut Down Expenses / I Broke Up With My Double Dating Girlfriend / My Girlfriend Smelled Of Condom Down There And I Broke Up With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2020
Had a good time reading this comment. Your babe is a miracle. You know my girl would always jokingly say " My money is my money, but your money is our money." I always laugh over it, but now I know better. She does love me I know but it's hard just bending for her. Love is not everything. There is sacrifice

lordally:

Bro you are a real man and I must commend you for taking care of her eve when the resources are scarce....Funny enough , we both date the same kind of girl...when my girl didn't have a phone we would talk everyday ...no day goes without her calling me...baba this girl would go as far as borrowing 500 from Airtel just to call me....I do call her too ....but when I got her a phone upon say I no get money she hardly chats me online not because she doesn't want to but just because it's either she's watching videos on FB or YouTube ... initially I was angry until when she came to see me at EBONYI state where I was serving ...and I noticed that's what she does most of the times she's online ...she hardly chats na just videos she dey watch...so at that point I didn't get angry again cos na this same baba dey call me like craze when she been no get browsing phone.....now to the second part , we attended the same university I met her when she just entered 200L I had nothing then I was dead broke and I was squatting with a friend .

This my babe would always cook food and call me to come and eat...when ever I wanted her around , she would send money to my account in advance make that guy wey I dey squat with no know say na she dey pay the bills ...like there was a day she was to come spend like 3 days with me she sent 3K in advance so we go use take care of things when she's with me till she goes back...now the day came when she was to go back to her lodge , what was remaining was #800 I gave her #500 tell am say make she hold am make I hold #300 omo she no gree collect . She said I needed the money more I said no saying she's a lady and needs it more...she said I'm broke and I need money that she'll soon go back home while I'm still here...omo naso we begin drag am until I got pissed off and she collected the money and the next thing I saw was tears on her cheeks and she hugged me and said " BABE YOU NEVER SEIZE TO SURPRISE ME "

Now I went for service with 7K and sometime been happen and I needed money badly I was a bit ashamed to ask her cos I know say she no get so instead of calling I sent her a text...after like 3mins I just summoned courage to call her when she picked the 1st thing she said was "BAE HAVE YOU GOTTEN THE ALERT?"

So far so good she's been supportive and the good thing is she appreciates the little things I do for her and she doesn't relent in doing things for me.She sees doing things for me as her LEGITIMATE RIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY AS A GIRLFRIEND...

NOW BRO SHES 23 AND YOU'RE 29 you don't expect her to think the same way you think you will always be more matured than her....BUT THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT NATURALLY YOUR GIRL SEEMS TO BE SELF CENTERED AND STINGY....bro you have been doing your part as a man in the relationship and you are not asking for too much for her to just be supportive!!! BRO MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO LEAVE HER AND FORGE AHEAD!!! YES ITS PAINFUL COS LEAVING A SAFE SPOT YOU'VE BEEN USED TO FOR 3YRS bro I have a friend that dated a girl for 8Yrs this guy was suffering in the relationship for good 8yrs he was footing the bills and this his girl will never give him money until he's gonna pay back she doesn't see him if he wouldn't pay transport this same guy don pay this girl school fees like 2 times when we dey School....but if things hard for the guy the babe go dey para for am dey talk say na him be man say make in look for way fix him self ....until the guy couldn't take it anymore.

The girl had even broken up with him on 3 occasions Asin the girl was taking his meek nature for granted until he had had enough and a time came they had a little misunderstanding and she did her normal stuff by breaking up with him and my guy said that's it and he's not going back ...my guy got another girl and withing 4 months proposed to the girl now they are married ...I swear that's the best Payback ever!!!

Bro this your girl can't even help you at the time of NEED Guy RUN!!!!!!! BEFORE YOU MAKE THE GREATEST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE BY MARRYING HER!!! THIS TYPE OF GIRL WOULD BE WORKING AND BE KEEPING HER MONEY AND WOULD WARRANT YOU TO OAY HER SHOP BILLS MORE LIKE YOUR MONEY IS YOU PEOPLE'S MONEY AND ITS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE CARE OF HER COS ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND HER OWN MONEY IS TOTALLY FOR HER!!! NIGGER WITH TIME YOIR PAIN WOULD GO AWAY!!! TRUST ME I'VE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES AND I'M ENJOYING MY BABE COS SHE BE JOY GIVER

BRO ABEG I GO LIKE MAKE WE TALO FOR PHONE
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by BadInflunece(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2020
Someone gave me that line of make her into your woman. Believe me, some people commenting here won't take half the things I'm taking. I didn't add the fact that I met her a virgin. She's grossly inexperienced. And that's the reason I've been tolerant. Maybe I'm over reacting but that's because the relationship is not fulfilling

infogenius:
Op
Ur ex is just 23 and from ur account it tells me she is not experienced.

Quitting the relationship on the grounds u outlined is not wise.
She has apologized, Kindly forgive her and take her back.

Try as much as possible to grow her into the kind of woman that you want. Even if u didn't end up marrying her, she would not forget ur impact in modelling in her future relationship.

I pray that God blesses the works of ur hands. No sane woman is comfortable when her man is struggling.

Life is not a bed of roses, so also even good relationships, so don't expect yours to be rosy. Your job is to work it out with her to get the best out of the relationship in the midst of complications.

Call her now and apologise to her for ending the relationship and take her back immediately.

All the best Bro
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by luminouz(m): 10:50am On Aug 11, 2020
infogenius:

What experience? U never see anything sef. U want make I tell u a short story?

The only difference between u and was that during my dating days, no girl could hold me to. limbo.

Guy, I gave u my honest opinion based on what u posted and I tried to relate with it.

The problem with guys now is that they expect so much from their girlfriends, they literally want their girls to worship them. Na na na.

Even girls for village don wise up except na local fulani girl u fit get 100% loyalty from.

She's not an angel and if she's not measuring up to what u want in a girl friend, forget her and move on.
There's really no need to ask for advice instead look for an Angel to date

But if you love her make the relationship work by giving her another chance.

After all there are several married people that they hardly say I love you to each other or kiss averagely once a year but have lived together for several years.

Your last paragraph negates everything your post tries to portray.

So I'm supposed to have such a loveless marriage and still call it marriage? Why not kuku remain single then?
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by infogenius(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2020
luminouz:

Your last paragraph negates everything your post tries to portray.

So I'm supposed to have such a loveless marriage and still call it marriage? Why not kuku remain single then?

No, it doesn't negate what I was saying. All I was saying is that, love reflects from the heart not by mouth. Because I didn't call you for two days doesn't mean I don't love you.
Just because she doesn't tell u I love everyday doesn't mean she doesn't love and care for u.

Understanding and tolerance is the key.
That is the message I passed.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by luminouz(m): 11:08am On Aug 11, 2020
infogenius:

No, it doesn't negate what I was saying. All I was saying is that, love reflects from the heart not by mouth. Because I didn't call you for two days doesn't mean I don't love you.
Just because she doesn't tell u I love everyday doesn't mean she doesn't love and care for u.

Understanding and tolerance is the key.
That is the message I passed.

Good, I understand you better now. Nice one

Though some may argue that if its in the heart,the mouth should say it.

3 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by nuelsam: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2020
haiti007:
Your reason/reasons for quiting the relationship is not valid enough. She may have her plans for the money too. She is a finalist and that alone requires huge sums to round things up.

As a real man, you don't depend on a woman's fund. It shatters your dignity
I hope you also know that all of this "real man" bullshit y'all shout is the reason why these girls feel entitled to every dime a guy owns....
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by nuelsam: 11:25am On Aug 11, 2020
op..,u wanna know the truth? u just a meal ticket... nothing else......all that begging bullshit is just another plan of hers to manipulate u into thinking she really loves you and ready to change.. if u guys get back together, she'll go back to who she used to be,na their way... she's in her hoe phase,don't be surprised she's allegedly dating u and 10 others...na still their way.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
I'm sorry for the lengthy post. But please make time to read

OK fellas, I've actually been in a state of limbo since yesterday because I broke up with my girlfriend and I still miss her terribly.

I'll just explain a few things so you guys understand my plight.

She and I have been dating for three years now. Believe me, she's a lovely and meek soul. Drop dead beautiful. But then, beauty is only for the eyes. The intrinsic attributes that make a happy happy must be present....

We started dating when I was in school. She was in level 200. Now she's in her final year and I've graduated. It's a relationship I hope to nurture into forever. Ever since I graduated, it's been hard landing a job despite making a 2.1. My only saving grace was my discipline to erect a two bedroom flat, and 2 self contain apartments. I use the proceed to keep life going while trying to grow greener pastures.

When I graduated in 2018, I was to move out of my location which was close to the school, but my girlfriend whom at the time stayed in the hostel came to you pleading she wanted to stay a while with me as the matrons sent her out of the hostel. I'm strongly against cohabiting. Told her to find a hostel space and I'll pay, she said there's none. Also told her to look for a friend to stay with, I'll foot the bills. She also couldn't find one. Couldn't throw her out, had to take her in pending when she'd get a place. It's been months and nothing. At one point, armed robbers stormed my compound and make away with my TV, laptop, and other valuable. I could only escape with my phone and hers.

While staying together, I foot the bills. I do a little forex thing too. I changed her phone even when I knew her parents had already given her money for a new one. It was birthday gift to her. I go all out for her. I promised to get her another phone this August to mark this years birthday cos she said she wanted an IPhone. She's been good to me.

But here is the problem. My girlfriend never changes a bad attitude. For three years I've been complaining. She prefers to come online and ignore my messages while doing her thing. I'm the last person she comes to. Even when she does, it difficult to keep a conversation for 10mins without bn distracted. Schools are on break, she's back home. She never texts, hardly calls. Calls when she sees my messages. Hardly keeps a convo and has made a habit of lying to her. I'm not the strict kinda guy, I allow you some latitude to live your life but I think my girlfriend has learnt to take me for granted because she knows I love her so much and wouldn't risk our relationship falling apart.

Few days ago, I came back from calabar where I had attended a job interview. I'm prepping for another in Abuja this month end. I'm completely depleted financially. I hate asking her for money. But I had to bury my ego and do so, told her my gas had finished. Babe said she doesn't have money. But I knew she had more than 20k on her. I just needed 3k. I left her. The next day I called and told her I had issues and I needed 2500 to sort it. Told her it was borrow so I'd return it. Her attitude was cold but she sent it.

I haven't used the money. I had no need for it again. But I was pained. Badly pained. I forgot to add whenever I borrow money from her, I pay double the amount. She's been giving me attitude, and now she can't support unless I'm paying back. I got fed up with the whole thing. Called her and told her I need a break. She's been callin endlessly. Had to call her, gave her all my reasons and called it quit.

She's been callin endlessly. Apologizing for lying and all. She said she'd change but I know she won't. She thinks I love her so much to let her go. She's 23 and I'm 29...

I won't cast aspersion on her by typing all her wrongs her. But truth is, I miss her badly. I gave in so much and I feel I'm getting so little. How can I be begging my partner for attention. When girls dey beg for my own. Even her friend.

But mehn, I miss her, I don't know how to start over. I don even forget how to toast babe. Should I give her another chance?

Please guys, advise me...... I need it..

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe
How come good guys dey always fall prey to nasty little bitches. Huh?
Call her back na u sabi.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by ruffkenny: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2020
She lies to you,she ignores your messages,there is a communication gap..she is stingy to you,hmmm she can't even share with u at this hard times, people like her hardly changes but this is not enough for breakup,she loves u and u love her but u need to get a job first, brother money is very important for love to work,oya look at ordinary gas nah,my advice is give her some space,but don't break up with her,just free the girl,let her be the one to be seeking your attention,let her fight to communicate good with u if u are important to her..just get busy and find money anyhow u can..when money talks,bullshit obeys..

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by lordally(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
Had a good time reading this comment. Your babe is a miracle. You know my girl would always jokingly say " My money is my money, but your money is our money." I always laugh over it, but now I know better. She does love me I know but it's hard just bending for her. Love is not everything. There is sacrifice

What is love without Sacrifice

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by JERRY1925(m): 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
I'm sorry for the lengthy post. But please make time to read

OK fellas, I've actually been in a state of limbo since yesterday because I broke up with my girlfriend and I still miss her terribly.

She and I have been dating for three years now. Believe me, she's a lovely and meek soul. Drop dead beautiful. But then, beauty is only for the eyes. The intrinsic attributes that make a happy happy must be present....

We started dating when I was in school. She was in level 200. Now she's in her final year and I've graduated. It's a relationship I hope to nurture into forever. Ever since I graduated, it's been hard landing a job despite making a 2.1. My only saving grace was my discipline to erect a two bedroom flat, and 2 self contain apartments. I use the proceed to keep life going while trying to grow greener pastures.

When I graduated in 2018, I was to move out of my location which was close to the school, but my girlfriend whom at the time stayed in the hostel came to you pleading she wanted to stay a while with me as the matrons sent her out of the hostel. I'm strongly against cohabiting. Told her to find a hostel space and I'll pay, she said there's none. Also told her to look for a friend to stay with, I'll foot the bills. She also couldn't find one. Couldn't throw her out, had to take her in pending when she'd get a place. It's been months and nothing. At one point, armed robbers stormed my compound and make away with my TV, laptop, and other valuable. I could only escape with my phone and hers.

While staying together, I foot the bills. I do a little forex thing too. I changed her phone even when I knew her parents had already given her money for a new one. It was birthday gift to her. I go all out for her. I promised to get her another phone this August to mark this years birthday cos she said she wanted an IPhone. She's been good to me.

But here is the problem. My girlfriend never changes a bad attitude. For three years I've been complaining. She prefers to come online and ignore my messages while doing her thing. I'm the last person she comes to. Even when she does, it difficult to keep a conversation for 10mins without bn distracted. Schools are on break, she's back home. She never texts, hardly calls. Calls when she sees my messages. Hardly keeps a convo and has made a habit of lying to her. I'm not the strict kinda guy, I allow you some latitude to live your life but I think my girlfriend has learnt to take me for granted because she knows I love her so much and wouldn't risk our relationship falling apart.

Few days ago, I came back from calabar where I had attended a job interview. I'm prepping for another in Abuja this month end. I'm completely depleted financially. I hate asking her for money. But I had to bury my ego and do so, told her my gas had finished. Babe said she doesn't have money. But I knew she had more than 20k on her. I just needed 3k. I left her. The next day I called and told her I had issues and I needed 2500 to sort it. Told her it was borrow so I'd return it. Her attitude was cold but she sent it.

I haven't used the money. I had no need for it again. But I was pained. Badly pained. I forgot to add whenever I borrow money from her, I pay double the amount. She's been giving me attitude, and now she can't support unless I'm paying back. I got fed up with the whole thing. Called her and told her I need a break. She's been callin endlessly. Had to call her, gave her all my reasons and called it quit.

She's been callin endlessly. Apologizing for lying and all. She said she'd change but I know she won't. She thinks I love her so much to let her go. She's 23 and I'm 29...

I won't cast aspersion on her by typing all her wrongs her. But truth is, I miss her badly. I gave in so much and I feel I'm getting so little. How can I be begging my partner for attention. When girls dey beg for my own. Even her friend.

But mehn, I miss her, I don't know how to start over. I don even forget how to toast babe. Should I give her another chance?

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe

Bros, accept her back.. Every human has a unique problem.

She is just 23.

If she's faithful to u and u sure.. Stay with her.

Her mumu go soon do.. When she's 26.

U will enjoy her soon bro.

But now.. She's just 23..she feels she can get someone better.

Just focus on ur hustle and love her while doing ur thing.

Stop asking woman wey they manage for money..instead ask ur friends. Don't make her see u as a burden.
And if u get.. No give am too.. #smiles
Thats how I role.. Instead of giving a woman money.. Invest in urself.
Like instead of buying her a phone.. Call her to say, u need to pay for a course.. Or u need to buy a fridge.. Let her see u as a man with a plan not her father Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by peterdrury: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2020
NobleDeSage001:
If you ever beg a lady for attention when you have not married her, just know that you will forever beg her for attention in your marriage.

It is very clear that she places you at the bottom of the list of men who satisfy her needs. Don't be surprised that you are not the only guy who is dating her.

A woman who loves you will always show it. It's not difficult to know this fact. Do you think that she loves you? I doubt.

There is no love from her end...
Lack of commitment...
Respect is zero...
She does not reciprocate any of the gestures she receives from you.
Her attitude is not changing anytime soon.

Move on and never look back.
This is exactly what am going through right now, I just can't get out of it. last last na because of no job. God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by SaAyomikun(m): 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bro, the only advice I will give you as a brother and a friend is: UNTIL MARRIAGE, NO LADY IS WORTH INVESTING HEAVILY ON.

C'mon man, you've got your life to live. if she ain't returning your vibes, let her go. It may be difficult, just let her go!
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Hed0nist: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
It's really hard when you love this girls oh. Especially those ones way feel say time plenty. Omoh, I don see something. Emotional inconsistency na terrible something

Don't keep a girlfriend who doesn't like you. Except you just want to be fuccking. It's obvious she is using you for bills. You wanna be her billionaire grin grin grin

How can you confidently call a girl who doesn't have your back your babe? Too many babes de wey go die for you. Don't ever accept her back if not you will forever be begging for what you're entitled to. You guys should stop giving girls money they don't need. She doesn't like you period.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by anthonyuncle(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
Jack005:
I see that you don't want to learn, you are just too emotional and it will lead you astray if you don't man up and tell yourself that you can do without anyone who makes you feel less appreciated. It's either you take the bull by the horn or you keep giving yourself hope whilst hoping she changes, which may never be.

who told u that I don't want to learn?

I know what am doing,

I only have to accept da fact that da situation is precarious
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by anthonyuncle(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2020
BadInflunece:
My mind is made up.... Can't type it all here. Byt let her go...

of course
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bro take this advice and thank me later. Don't continue with that lousy relationship. You'll regret it later. If after those investments and she's still dragging foot about helping you in little financial matters, then she's an ingrate and a digger. And how do you cope with a girlfriend who snubs you online, rarely chats you up and only calls when she sees your message. The last girl that tried that with me I just ghosted her till date. What's with Nigerian girls and mental laziness sef? You did the right thing. In this life anyone that takes you for granted doesn't deserve you. You are 29 and doing well, why will anyone take you for granted. Bro if you go back to that girl, I swear I go vex for you. All the brothers for nairaland go vex for you because you don disgrace us. Which kind love be that. in two weeks time you'll get over it. Damn!

1 Like

Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
JERRY1925:

Bros, accept her back.. Every human has a unique problem.

She is just 23.

If she's faithful to u and u sure.. Stay with her.

Her mumu go soon do.. When she's 26.

U will enjoy her soon bro.

But now.. She's just 23..she feels she can get someone better.

Just focus on ur hustle and love her while doing ur thing.

Stop asking woman wey they manage for money..instead ask ur friends. Don't make her see u as a burden.
And if u get.. No give am too.. #smiles
Thats how I role.. Instead of giving a woman money.. Invest in urself.
Like instead of buying her a phone.. Call her to say, u need to pay for a course.. Or u need to buy a fridge.. Let her see u as a man with a plan not her father Christmas.
You see, it's Simpsons like you that make women use men as rags. continue. she'll change when she gets to 26 indeed. prophet!!!
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by JERRY1925(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
Winterfell2:
You see, it's Simpsons like you that make women use men as rags. continue. she'll change when she gets to 26 indeed. prophet!!!

Why names na.
Can u just say ur mind and pass?
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by VanillaIyce(f): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2020
[quote author=BadInflunece post=92681467]I'm sorry for the lengthy post. But please make time to read

PS. Don't insult her cos I know how the energy flows here. Just give your advise. I still love that babe [/quote
If you can, give a room for change and look out for actions and not words..if she levels up and maintain it..then carry on.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Burgcudi(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2020
Take strong whine for some days it helps.
Re: I Broke Up, Should I Call Her Back? by Oyin2212(m): 1:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
haiti007:

Chairman calm down, I've been there.
Even if you buy her a Bugatti, and when in dire need you ask her to lend just a thousand naira. To you it is just a thousand naira, but to them it isn't.

That's why I extend my benevolence to my gees also, those ones are always there in hard times
Guy I'm disappointed with all these your SIMPle comments. OP please do what's best for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Just Dodged A Bullet Thank God. / I Think I'm Too Handsome for my liking...(pic)..I need sugar mummy fast. / If You've Been Hitting It Raw With Your Babe And Pulling Out EVERYTIME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.